PDA

View Full Version : Any takers for Battier and/or Scola?

djohn2oo8
01-29-2010, 09:54 PM
I have a strong feeling that one of those two or maybe even both will be moved in a trade. Battier has lost a step, but can still be a solid defender when well rested. Scola has looked lost the last couple of games. Anybody want either one of those on their team? Or who else?

da_suns_fan
01-29-2010, 09:57 PM
I have a strong feeling that one of those two or maybe even both will be moved in a trade. Battier has lost a step, but can still be a solid defender when well rested. Scola has looked lost the last couple of games. Anybody want either one of those on their team? Or who else?

We'll take Scola!! :wow

J-Rich or Amare. Take your pick.

mystargtr34
01-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Id like both on the Spurs. But i guess when a player plays on an opposition team that you dont watch as often, you kind of only take note of his strengths and tend to overlook the weaknesses.

When i think of Battier i think best perimeter defender in the league, great glue guy and perfect for the Spurs - but hes probably a worse offensive player than Bruce Bowen was. Same with Scola, great hustle, rebounding and a nice post game - but undersized with short arms and doesnt defend well or have any interior prescence on defense.

Id still take both though -depending on what you would give up obviously.

ffadicted
01-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Battier ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

RMJ, Bonner, Finley, Mahinmi, Bogans... any combination of those lol

Allanon
01-29-2010, 11:04 PM

Scola has 12 points and 8 rebounds tonight on a $3 million salary. And he just had a key play.

Why would you want to get rid of him, djohn? :lol

djohn2oo8
01-29-2010, 11:08 PM
Scola has 12 points and 8 rebounds tonight on a $3 million salary. And he just had a key play.

Why would you want to get rid of him, djohn? :lol

He's soft as banana pudding on defense

Lars
01-29-2010, 11:09 PM
We sure as heck arent giving them away.

Allanon
01-29-2010, 11:11 PM

Adam Morrison for No Defense Scola straight up.

You can pick your filller in DJ mBenga or Josh Powell.

djohn2oo8
01-29-2010, 11:11 PM
We sure as heck arent giving them away.

That basically rules out anything the Spurs can offer....Sorry guyz

djohn2oo8
01-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Adam Morrison for No Defense Scola straight up.

You can pick your filller in DJ mBenga or Josh Powell.

I would personally go down and key Morey's car if he made that trade

djohn2oo8
01-29-2010, 11:13 PM
I hope you know he was never known for his defense, don't you?

That's why we have to get something in return for him before he asks for a big raise this offseason

Allanon
01-29-2010, 11:18 PM
I would personally go down and key Morey's car if he made that trade

:lol shit.

sook
01-29-2010, 11:28 PM
scola is good dude, and both of them aren't trying and playing as hard as they would b.c the team isn't winning either way. Its kind of like the if I play my ass of what good does it do?

Rick lets trev jack up shot after shot and make us lose.

ffadicted
01-29-2010, 11:31 PM
That basically rules out anything the Spurs can offer....Sorry guyz

:cry:cry

Ian has so much upside! Bogans can sorta replace battier's defense! RMJ is money! Bonner is...

:cry:cry:cry:cry

Killakobe81
01-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Battier all day everyday even though he is a whitier than RJ Dukie!!!

Tmac&Luther

He's not that bad on defense. The guy isn't a defensive powerhouse, but he's not this bad.

As far as Battier, he'd be able to give you everything Bowen was able to. Great defense and corner threes.

Killakobe81
Dont get me wrong ... i like my whiteboys white and my blackguys black ...unless it's emminem

mystargtr34
01-29-2010, 11:43 PM
The Spurs actually have a lot to offer in a potential trade. Expiring's totalling about $20M in Manu, Bonner, Mase and Finley. Young talent in George Hill, DeJuan Blair, Tiago Splitter, Ian Mahinmi. And of course, draft picks.

Long gone are the days of the Big 3 + 35 year old trash.

it's me
01-29-2010, 11:44 PM
lol, and you want to give up those guys because they don't play defense .... what an idiot....

your boy Landry can't guard his man to safe his life...of course you'll forget that cause dude dunks the ball like mad..... and take out Battier... and there goes your only perimeter stopper until Ariza comes down to earth and realize he's just a role "defensive" player.........won't happen.......

bottom line, you now stupid shit about BB like most Rocket fans lol.

djohn2oo8
01-29-2010, 11:45 PM
The Spurs actually have a lot to offer in a potential trade. Expiring's totalling about $20M in Manu, Bonner, Mase and Finley. Young talent in George Hill, DeJuan Blair, Tiago Splitter, Ian Mahinmi. And of course, draft picks.

Long gone are the days of the Big 3 + 35 year old trash.

I don't think they would offer Blair....If they offer Blair in a deal for Scola or Battier, I just might shat myself

mystargtr34
01-29-2010, 11:46 PM
He's not that bad on defense. The guy isn't a defensive powerhouse, but he's not this bad.

As far as Battier, he'd be able to give you everything Bowen was able to. Great defense and corner threes.

Exactly. I always get giddy about the idea of Battier on the Spurs. Lock down defender (good wings always kill the Spurs) and efficienct long distance shooter.

Bruce Bowen lite.

How do Rox fans fell about Richard Jefferson. He's obviously lost as a 4th option and far too passive to play that role effectively for the Spurs. But on the Rockets, he becomes 1st/2nd option and has the ball in his hands alot, where he is more comfortable. Dude just put up 22-6-4 in 2 of the last 3 years, and he was reasonably efficienct on offense. I think he would fit really well with the Rockets - although that contract is tough to swallow.

Tmac&Luther
01-29-2010, 11:47 PM
lol, and you want to give up those guys because they don't play defense .... what an idiot....

your boy Landry can't guard his man to safe his life...of course you'll forget that cause dude dunks the ball like mad..... and take out Battier... and there goes your only perimeter stopper until Ariza comes down to earth and realize he's just a role "defensive" player.........won't happen.......

I was about to say the same thing......Scola is a better defender than Landry. Landry doesn't know how to hold any position in the post and ends up fouling alot. Both of these guys are much better defenders with another shot blocking/true center in the lineup. When Yao comes back alot of their defensive weaknesses disappear.

djohn2oo8
01-29-2010, 11:49 PM

Folks, here is your typical, dick jefferson ball licking, bandwagonning fan....Neither one of them fit what they are trying to build for the future. Morey has said himself that Scola's days here should be enjoyed for now. Battier is on the market because he is getting old, obviously has lost a step, and produces nothing on offense.

djohn2oo8
01-29-2010, 11:50 PM
I was about to say the same thing......Scola is a better defender than Landry. Landry doesn't know how to hold any position in the post and ends up fouling alot. Both of these guys are much better defenders with another shot blocking/true center in the lineup. When Yao comes back alot of their defensive weaknesses disappear.

Scola is a better flopper than Landry

Tmac&Luther
01-29-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm also not seeing where "Scola has looked lost the last couple of games".

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/luis_scola/game_by_game_stats.html

He's been pretty consistent all year.

it's me
01-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Folks, here is your typical, dick jefferson ball licking, bandwagonning fan....Neither one of them fit what they are trying to build for the future. Morey has said himself that Scola's days here should be enjoyed for now. Battier is on the market because he is getting old, obviously has lost a step, and produces nothing on offense.

:lmao lame.... u better that that idiot ....

djohn2oo8
01-29-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm also not seeing where "Scola has looked lost the last couple of games".

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/luis_scola/game_by_game_stats.html

He's been pretty consistent all year.

So why is Morey looking for a big, athletic 4 to put next to Yao?

Tmac&Luther
01-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Scola is a better flopper than Landry

He's also better at not giving up easy baskets like Landry and in today's game I hate to admit it......but flopping is a defensive tool. I don't like it, you don't like it, no fan like it, but it's the truth. If it wasn't, players wouldn't do it as often as they do now.

Tmac&Luther
01-29-2010, 11:57 PM
So why is Morey looking for a big, athletic 4 to put next to Yao?

So when Yao goes down He'll have someone big and athletic to slide over to the 5 spot or help out with ovrl size, rebounding, and athleticism when Chuck Hayes has to play the 5 spot DUH!

If Yao was a horse, we wouldn't be looking for that player. Incase you didn't notice true star centers are hard to come by and even harder to trade for. So finding a star PF is easier to acquire and if Houston can never count on "fine china". Them trying to acquire that star PF (Bosh) says more about Yao than it does anyone else. If Yao could stay healthy and be counted on, they would be content with Scola/Landry.

djohn2oo8
01-29-2010, 11:59 PM
To get a big man who can play the 4 and the 5, Scola or Landry will have to be in a deal. And it will be Scola because he is older

Tmac&Luther
01-30-2010, 12:00 AM
To get a big man who can play the 4 and the 5, Scola or Landry will have to be in a deal. And it will be Scola because he is older

And I'm not arguing with that statement.....they would have to be moved, because having 3 PFs would be redundant, but to act like they're trying to get that guy because Scola and Landry aren't doing their jobs isn't correct. They're trying to find that star big man, because the star big man they have now can't do his job, because he can never stay on the court.

djohn2oo8
01-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Either way, Morey will not pay Scola the big raise he will be looking for

sook
01-30-2010, 12:03 AM
yea i would give up scola before landry b.c of age, but Scola is a smart player and him and landry are actually on the same level because of scola's overall feel for the game.

It just comes so easy to him with his crafty moves and whatnot. Scola ftw.

sook
01-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Either way, Morey will not pay Scola the big raise he will be looking for

scola will not be asking for that much, the amount he took to come to houston should be a clear indicator b.c he could have gotten more money outside the NBA and he would want to stay here .

mavs>spurs2
01-30-2010, 12:36 AM
ill trade you the beaner for them

sook
01-30-2010, 12:51 AM
ill trade you the beaner for them

we have enough midgits.

Allanon
01-30-2010, 01:04 AM
we have enough midgits.

This is an understatement. :lol

Somebody posted this earlier.

Grizzlies
7'1 Gasol
7'2 Haddadi
7'3 Thabeet

Rockets biggest player? 6'10 Scola

RedsLakers24
01-30-2010, 04:10 AM
Morrison for Shane, Move Artest to the bench where he could take his shots, and we have

C. Bynum
PF. Gasol
SF. Battier
SG. Kobe
PG. Fish

bench

C. Gasol/Bynum
PF. Odom
SF. Artest
SG. Shannon
PG. Fisher

ClippersDynasty
01-30-2010, 04:14 AM
Morrison for Shane, Move Artest to the bench where he could take his shots, and we have

C. Bynum
PF. Gasol
SF. Battier
SG. Kobe
PG. Fish

bench

C. Gasol/Bynum
PF. Odom
SF. Artest
SG. Shannon
PG. Fisher

That shit just makes no sense. He makes 7 million next year. The Lakers already have like 10M on the SF position next year. If they were to take on any salary going forward it would be for a PG, no?

Indazone
01-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Only dude that needs to be traded off the Rockets is ball bricking Trever Ariza.

djohn2oo8
01-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Only dude that needs to be traded off the Rockets is ball bricking Trever Ariza.

You don't win rings without a dominant PF, or somewhat dominant. Trading just Ariza doesn't solve anything. If they want to make a run next year, they have to look at the last couple of championship teams.

Lakers PF - Gasol
Celtics PF- Garnett
Spurs - Duncan

Landry has a better upside than Scola

duhoh
01-30-2010, 11:12 AM
battier would be sweet on the spurs

anakha
01-30-2010, 12:24 PM

Don't tease Spur fans this way.

djohn2oo8
01-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Don't tease Spur fans this way.

lol, not teasing. Those two are not untouchable. If anyone's untouchable, it's Brooks. Dude lost a family member and went out and scored 31 last night