PDA

View Full Version : It's NOT over

Jimcs50
04-28-2005, 12:50 PM
http://media.mnginteractive.com/media/paper36/0428duncan.jpg

Spurs show their true colors.

Pop makes some great moves, discounting all the talk that he could not coach..

Spurs all rebound the ball and do not turn the ball over, just like Pop asked them to, which I agreed was the reason why they lost Game 1. The offense lapse was not the reason why they lost game 1, and they all did not magically forget how to shoot the ball, the problems they had were all managable and correctable.

All the Chicken Littles that decried the Spurs by saying that the sky was falling can go back outside and enjoy the beautiful day...the sun did come up afterall.

The rumors of the Spurs' demise were greatly exaggerated.

Believe!!

:smokin

SPARKY
04-28-2005, 12:55 PM
http://www.poster.net/jim-henson-prod/jim-henson-prod-waldorf-statler-2401676.jpg

April 27, 2005

The Spurs' drubbing of the Nuggets in Game 2, fueled in no small part by adjustments made by Spurs' Head Coach Gregg Popovich, left the two last Popbashers in San Antonio de Bexar speechless...

MadDog73
04-28-2005, 12:56 PM
oh, man, classic...

Can't wait until Saturday!

BigVee
04-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Never said he couldn't coach, simply that he made some mistakes of his own in game one. Still believe that and hope it doesn't cost the series. He did more than ask them, he changed the line-up and sub patterns...he coached the team, rather than watching them piss away a game in the 4th quarter. Great job by all, including the coach.

TMSKILZ
04-28-2005, 01:03 PM
We can't let up, we have to come out focus every game from here on end. We won't sweep through the playoffs like past great Championship teams have, but we need to make a run like the 2003 Title team did & the 1998 team.

TP, Brent are going to decide whether we take it home this Yr or not. TiMVP will give you his typical quiet great #'s, but everyone around him needs to step up.

And we need to chill with the stupid Fouls we're committing & the poor FT shooting. Game 1 was a dream (FT %) but in close games we'll lose one here or there or let teams stay close b/c of the FT shooting.

GO SPURS!

desflood
04-28-2005, 01:05 PM
http://www.poster.net/jim-henson-prod/jim-henson-prod-waldorf-statler-2401676.jpg

April 27, 2005

The Spurs' drubbing of the Nuggets in Game 2, fueled in no small part by adjustments made by Spurs' Head Coach Gregg Popovich, left the two last Popbashers in San Antonio de Bexar speechless...
:lol You must have kids...

Jimcs50
04-28-2005, 01:08 PM
When SA comes back from losing game 1, and wins this series, it will be the 3rd straight time that they came back and won a series after losing game at home.

After going 0-11 in those situations throughout their history, I would say that the reason for the turnaround here is Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli.

These guys are mentally tough.

ladiesman
04-28-2005, 01:12 PM
When SA comes back from losing game 1, and wins this series, it will be the 3rd straight time that they came back and won a series after losing game at home.

After going 0-11 in those situations throughout their history, I would say that the reason for the turnaround here is Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli.

I am as pumped up as you are about them winning last night, but don't get too carried away with the "These guys are mentally tough" stuff. They are 1-5 in their last 6 playoff games.... That being said, SPURS in 6.

ladiesman

T Park
04-28-2005, 01:19 PM
These guys are mentally tough

They are mentally tough, how many times do the experts, and Ginobili and Duncan themselves have to beat you guys over the head with it till you guys realize it?

nkdlunch
04-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Never said he couldn't coach, simply that he made some mistakes of his own in game one. Still believe that and hope it doesn't cost the series. He did more than ask them, he changed the line-up and sub patterns...he coached the team, rather than watching them piss away a game in the 4th quarter. Great job by all, including the coach.

I also thought he made mistakes especially in 4th quarter in game one and still stand behind that. But he did make major adjustments for game 2 and they worked. So props for Pop!

Taco
04-28-2005, 01:21 PM
http://media.mnginteractive.com/media/paper36/0428duncan.jpg

The Spurs are so boring, they never show any emotion :rolleyes

:lol

Ishta
04-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Last nights game was simbly beautiful..... Tim looked like the Timmy we all know and love..

IcemanCometh
04-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Well, let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet

Taco
04-28-2005, 02:33 PM

:lmao

Jimcs50
04-28-2005, 02:33 PM

as opposed to sucking each other's dicks later?

No thanks.

:)

Taco
04-28-2005, 02:40 PM
as opposed to sucking each other's dicks later?

No thanks.

:)

Pulp Fiction (1994)

The Wolf: Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet. :lol

Phonzie20
04-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Pulp Fiction (1994)

The Wolf: Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet. :lol

I actually missed that part.. maybe. Been awhile since I've watched it. But yeah

the Wolf > *.*

angel_luv
04-29-2005, 02:12 PM
"My eyes have seen the defeat of my adversaries; my eyes have heard the rout of my wicked foes" Psalm 92:11

Hallelujah!

Joy to the World the Spurs come back! David Stern start polishing our trophy! =)

GoSpurs21
04-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Every one including Pop made mistakes in game 1, but I didnt see Pop miss any of the 17 shots...that's the reason the Spurs lost, no team can expect to win a playoff game with that type of performance

Mark in Austin
04-29-2005, 05:03 PM

eh. If they were mentally tough, they wouldn;t lose game ones at home to inferior teams. It's great that they can come back and all (sometimes), but it would be better of they could hold serve at home.

Jimcs50
04-29-2005, 05:12 PM
eh. If they were mentally tough, they wouldn;t lose game ones at home to inferior teams. It's great that they can come back and all (sometimes), but it would be better of they could hold serve at home.

That has nothing to do with it.

Their mental toughness will show when the chips are down, not in the first game of a series when they had not played as a whole team but for about 2 games in the last month and change.

T Park
04-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Must win games, show mental toughness.

Not game 1s where you cant buy a basket.

TroyF
04-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Must win games, show mental toughness.

Not game 1s where you cant buy a basket.

Agreed. And that's not an inferior team you beat. If the Nuggets do lose this series (and I've predicted from the start they would), I hope to God just once in these next two games they put it all together to show you guys that this isn't an inferior team. This is a VERY, VERY good team you are playing.

Spurs didn't lose game one because of being lackadasical, poor coaching moves or the refs. They lost it because the Nuggets came out with energy, capitalized on the mistakes the Spurs made, made the key plays in the closing minutes and some great coaching by Karl.

The Nuggets didn't lose the game the other night because they tanked it, the refs, or many of the other reasons I've seen and heard. They lost it because they couldn't hit their open fifteen foot shots, the Spurs came out with fire the Nuggets didn't match, and some great adjustments by Pop.

I've said it from the start of the series, I think game four will be the biggest game. I still think Denver comes back and wins game 3. Tough at home and they'll be fired up beyond belief. I think you'll see the best of the Nuggets Saturday night. That makes Monday night the game of the year. You guys win it, you win the series. We win it, I don't think you can beat this Nugget team three straight times.

We'll see if I have to eat crow tomorrow night. :)

As always, good luck.

boutons
04-29-2005, 06:34 PM
"this isn't an inferior team"

damn trolls. Nuggets ARE an inferior team, coach, culture to the Spurs.

Enjoy your Little Spring Fling with George.
Come autumn, the honeymoon with GKarl will be over. Like the coaches before him this year, he won't be able to keep the ballas listening to him.

ambchang
04-29-2005, 06:36 PM
I agree with you that game 3 will be critical, but then almost every game is critical in the playoffs.
The Nuggets will come out with fire in Game 3, and the Spurs have to hold their turf, handle all the Nuggets can give, and the Nuggets will start to doubt themselves after the fire is gone. It's quite typical of a young team like the Nuggets, show them that their best is not good enough for a blowout, and let them self-destruct.

td4mvp21
04-29-2005, 06:43 PM
I agree with you that game 3 will be critical, but then almost every game is critical in the playoffs.
The Nuggets will come out with fire in Game 3, and the Spurs have to hold their turf, handle all the Nuggets can give, and the Nuggets will start to doubt themselves after the fire is gone. It's quite typical of a young team like the Nuggets, show them that their best is not good enough for a blowout, and let them self-destruct.
Yup that is exactly right. I'm a little concerned if the Spurs will act like they already won the series or if they will fight to the death. Denver is going to be so pumped, it will probably be very annoying. The Spurs need to match that energy. I wouldn't be surprised if we got off to a bad start and then rebounded back, but anything is possible. Let's just hope the Spurs continue to play hard and prove that they are the best in the NBA.

Phonzie20
04-29-2005, 07:15 PM

April 27, 2005

wow! memories!

pooh
04-29-2005, 07:20 PM
You're right it's NOT over...but it will be in six games, for someone that is. :)

Phonzie20
04-29-2005, 07:21 PM
You're right it's NOT over...but it will be in six games, for someone that is. :)

Sat decides that.

TroyF
04-29-2005, 07:43 PM
"this isn't an inferior team"

damn trolls. Nuggets ARE an inferior team, coach, culture to the Spurs.

Enjoy your Little Spring Fling with George.
Come autumn, the honeymoon with GKarl will be over. Like the coaches before him this year, he won't be able to keep the ballas listening to him.

Do me a favor and get over yourself, OK? This "troll" picked the Spurs in six.

This "troll" has done nothing but give your team props from the start of this series and hasn't once bashed one of the Spurs fans or a single one of the Spurs players.

This "troll" happens to think the Spurs are going to win the NBA Championship this season.

I just happen to believe the Nuggets aren't an inferior team. 24-5 after the break, 21-1 with Camby in the lineup makes me think that. If you come in and sweep in Denver, I'll have to and will eat the proper crow.

I wonder if you'll do the same if we were to win games 3 and 4?

Phonzie20
04-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Do me a favor and get over yourself, OK? This "troll" picked the Spurs in six.

This "troll" has done nothing but give your team props from the start of this series and hasn't once bashed one of the Spurs fans or a single one of the Spurs players.

This "troll" happens to think the Spurs are going to win the NBA Championship this season.

I just happen to believe the Nuggets aren't an inferior team. 24-5 after the break, 21-1 with Camby in the lineup makes me think that. If you come in and sweep in Denver, I'll have to and will eat the proper crow.

I wonder if you'll do the same if we were to win games 3 and 4?

Nice one Troy!

tw05baller
04-29-2005, 07:56 PM

Phonzie20
04-29-2005, 07:59 PM

If this is an internet expression... I never got the memo.

td4mvp21
04-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Troy isn't a troll but Phonzie is.