PDA

View Full Version : LOL at the Longhorn BBall team

Amarelooms
01-30-2010, 06:29 PM
What a joke...probably gonna lose to Baylor at home. This team is the definition of over-rated. A white PG who can't shoot for shit....HORRIBLE FREE THROW SHOOTING TEAM. This team is gonna lose in the 2nd round if they get that far

:elephant

leemajors
01-30-2010, 06:41 PM
They're not a top 20 team anymore.

Amarelooms
01-30-2010, 06:43 PM
lol what a joke of a team.....how about recruiting players who might not be as athletic but can actually SHOOT...idiots :elephant

ChumpDumper
01-30-2010, 06:44 PM
I can't believe they ever got a #1 ranking the way they had been playing all this time.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-30-2010, 07:01 PM
I can't believe they ever got a #1 ranking the way they had been playing all this time.

It was the high initial ranking coupled with going undefeated against several other ranked teams.

This team has alot of flaws, and every game its becoming more and more difficult to score the damn ball. We don't even rebound well anymore.
Baylor was the better team.

I think we just lost the conference today, sucks.

Obstructed_View
01-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Baylor's showing the maturity that probably makes them a better team than Texas this year. Having a chance against KU and K State just gave them confidence. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do some serious damage in both tournaments.

Whisky Dog
01-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Sucks hardcore after the dominating way they started the season. They deserved the 1 ranking when they got it, but have fallen off big time.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2010, 08:40 PM
The NC doesn't mean much anymore, it was in Texas, and NC clearly sucks balls.

The Michigan State win was incredible though. They are playing really good ball up there. Plus it was about time we beat their ass.

Obstructed_View
02-01-2010, 12:44 AM
Sucks hardcore after the dominating way they started the season. They deserved the 1 ranking when they got it, but have fallen off big time.

I disagree. I think the caliber of the competition has improved and the horns just need to step up a little more than they expected to.

NFGIII
02-01-2010, 02:10 PM
They are making really bad decisions with the rock. The TOs agianst Baylor were terrible. They were passing the ball from deep in the corner to the top of the key or beyond agianst Baylor's zone. They got picked off several times leading to easy breakaway layups. Though they are having problems scoring now I think if they reduce their TOs they wont be playing from behind as much which has led to impatient and immature play.

As for their rebounding I can't understand what's going on. Hopefully Barnes is using these losses to educate his troops. A liittle more leadership from the PG position plus James has got to step up and be a leader, too. He has some great stats but at times he quickjly jacks up some foolish shots at a critical time when execution is more desirable.

As Barnes stated when receiving the #1 fanking - Nobody remembers who was #1 in January only in March.

This team can win the Big 12 BB tournament but they will need to mature alot more in order to do that.

Spurtacus
02-02-2010, 02:40 AM
I expected this from a young time. I didn't want to be #1 and this is exactly why. We bounced back tonight.

Jordan Hamilton needs to start over Mason.

Whisky Dog
02-02-2010, 09:38 AM
In the 2nd half they finally got back to playing defense at a high level. They had fallen off from earlier in the season, their defense had gotten lax and they weren't nearly as physical as they were against Mich. St or UNC. Or Pitt or Iowa.

leemajors
02-02-2010, 10:01 AM
I expected this from a young time. I didn't want to be #1 and this is exactly why. We bounced back tonight.

Jordan Hamilton needs to start over Mason.

I think the problem is more starting Mason and Balbay at the same time, or even having them on the court at the same time for an extended period of time. Neither one can consistently score.

purist
02-02-2010, 12:17 PM
i think the problem is more starting mason and balbay at the same time, or even having them on the court at the same time for an extended period of time. Neither one can consistently score.

+1