PDA

View Full Version : RJ wasn't the answer. Granger, Durant, J.Johnson, Gay are the bombs

Tito_Trinidad
01-31-2010, 08:52 AM
Everybody agreed RJ factor was overhyped. I feel Spurs 3 spot is still empty. All Spurs need is a tall, long, young, athletic, productive, proven star reaching his peak like Granger, Durant, Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay. Those guys are amazing, will score on you easily every single night and they represent the future of the NBA.
I don't mind trading RJ, McDyess, Mason, Blair, and cash for one of those stars. Yes, only one of those star players = equal 4 Spurs (RJ, Dyess,Mason, Blair)+ cash

xtremesteven33
01-31-2010, 08:57 AM
Good job Tito

Chieflion
01-31-2010, 08:59 AM
Richard Jefferson is not a star, but Rudy Gay is?

Tito_Trinidad
01-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Personally, i pick Rudy Gay > RJ any day. RJ won't become any better anymore. Rudy is still walking to the peak. In the hands of the Spurs organization, he will be muuuccchhhhh better.

RJ: career 17.3 ppg, 2.9 assists. This season: 12.5 ppg

Rudy : career 17.2 ppg, 1.7 assists. This season 19.5 ppg

TJastal
01-31-2010, 09:10 AM
Everybody agreed RJ factor was overhyped. I feel Spurs 3 spot is still empty. All Spurs need is a tall, long, young, athletic, productive, proven star reaching his peak like Granger, Durant, Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay. Those guys are amazing, will score on you easily every single night and they represent the future of the NBA.
I don't mind trading RJ, McDyess, Mason, Blair, and cash for one of those stars. Yes, only one of those star players = equal 4 Spurs (RJ, Dyess,Mason, Blair)+ cash

Not trying to interrupt your wet dream, but...

Any of those guys in the spurs' offense wouldn't be putting up #'s much better than Jefferson is right now. When Jefferson has to defer to 2 (and sometimes 3 or 4) other players he is not going to produce all-star type numbers.

Tito_Trinidad
01-31-2010, 09:12 AM
In addition, although we love Manu, the boy hasnt 3 years of Star level. When Manu goes away, Spurs won't have any SG/SF type scoring player.

SenorSpur
01-31-2010, 10:07 AM
Personally, i pick Rudy Gay > RJ any day. RJ won't become any better anymore. Rudy is still walking to the peak. In the hands of the Spurs organization, he will be muuuccchhhhh better.

RJ: career 17.3 ppg, 2.9 assists. This season: 12.5 ppg

Rudy : career 17.2 ppg, 1.7 assists. This season 19.5 ppg

I'm totally with you.

Rudy Gay is my guy. He's already good, and yet his career arrow is pointing up. He would be a good long-term answer at the SF position. Even though he's a RFA at the end of this year, I don't believe he'll be within the Spurs grasp. I can still dream though.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-31-2010, 11:09 AM

You might not have a problem making any of those trades, but you can bet your ass the GMs of the respective teams does. They'd laugh at R.C. and hang up the phone.

You aren't getting one of those guys without sending out someone like Manu or Tony, and even then I'm not sure their teams would do it.

Darthkiller
01-31-2010, 11:51 AM
keith bogans sucks , kobe is the bomb. should package bogans for kobe.

EricB
01-31-2010, 12:36 PM
So much for raising the bar.....

crc21209
01-31-2010, 12:45 PM

Wow....you would trade 4 guys for one? :lol That would leave the Spurs with a rotation of:

PG- Parker/Hill
SG- Manu
SF- Gay/Bogans/Finley
PF- Duncan
C- Bonner

And let's face it Pop STILL wouldnt play Ratliff, Mahinmi, or Hairston so that would leave you with the 8-man rotation from above...I'm not too sure the Spurs would win with that rotation...:lol

alchemist
01-31-2010, 01:01 PM
So much for raising the bar.....
:toast

exstatic
01-31-2010, 01:09 PM
Ah!! Those guys are scrubs. Why not trade our trash for LeBron!!! Make it happen.

peskypesky
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
RJ is a quality player...but he needs a good-passing PG to take advantage of his skills.

PublicOption
01-31-2010, 03:33 PM
igudalaaaaaaaaaaaa dfhaskdjfhaksdjfhasd is the answer for this team.

Johnny RIngo
01-31-2010, 03:36 PM
RJ is a quality player...but he needs a good-passing PG to take advantage of his skills.

RJ's actually pretty average compared to most of the quality SFs in the league.