PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Loss..

edgar
01-31-2010, 03:27 PM
The Trade Deadline will be intererting. Ill be happy to drive Ginobili, Jefferson, Parker, or any other Spur outside of Hill, Blair, Tim, into the airport.

tim_duncan_fan
01-31-2010, 03:28 PM
Seconded. We have to make a trade to get another real frontcourt player. There is no way around it.

ffadicted
01-31-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm glad you have no influence on the FO's decisions

5in10
I blame pop for this loss.

Amarelooms
The Trade Deadline will be intererting. Ill be happy to drive Ginobili, Jefferson, Parker, or any other Spur outside of Hill, Blair, Tim, into the airport.

Drive Manu to Dallas and pickup Josh Howard on your way back. Thanks and God bless son :elephant

Crazymaddopeyo
01-31-2010, 03:30 PM

Hmm Ginobili and Parker, how long have you been a Spurs fan? Do you not see all the other things Ginobili contributes besides scoring?

edgar
01-31-2010, 03:34 PM
So you would take losing both games and money. Boy Im glad you arent in the front office either. At least I know its only a matter of time, if not already, that the front office will begin to think like me. Get newer comebacks retard.

tim_duncan_fan
01-31-2010, 03:34 PM
Hmm Ginobili and Parker, how long have you been a Spurs fan? Do you not see all the other things Ginobili contributes besides scoring?

Honestly, he's not that good. He's expendable. We need a big man.

Kamala
01-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Hope they can somehow come together and build some momentum on the road. We are so used to seeing the defense over the years step up in close games. To see a team known for being weak-minded on the road like the Nuggets stick it in the Spurs' kulos on national tv was painful.:depressed

Death In June
01-31-2010, 03:38 PM
I'd rather not trade the core away. Releasing parker after an injury riddled summer is short sighted. He'll be back to all star level eventually. Dice is coming into form, and I think Gino gets his shot back before the PO start. He looks good in all other aspects of his game. I'm willing to send out RJ, but nobody is gonna take him off our hands. Not a single team wants that contract.

spurtech09
01-31-2010, 03:38 PM
suck it up man you will be fine lol :).......its just a game

Jason R
01-31-2010, 03:42 PM
I'd rather not trade the core away. Releasing parker after an injury riddled summer is short sighted. He'll be back to all star level eventually. Dice is coming into form, and I think Gino gets his shot back before the PO start. He looks good in all other aspects of his game. I'm willing to send out RJ, but nobody is gonna take him off our hands. Not a single team wants that contract.

Yeah but seriously, we could have used some damn offense. You need a lot of things in basketball but at the end of the day, it's about putting the ball in the bucket.

TJastal
01-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Popalgism say "He who jumps off cliff over 1 spurs game vs 2nd best team in west die unhappy death"

Jason R
01-31-2010, 03:44 PM
I say it's not one game I'm thinking about BUT HALF THE DAMN SEASON.

edgar
01-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Yea you guys are right at this losing rate..it will probably be best to keep fooling ourselves that we will suddenly play better.

cd98
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
No feasible trade will make this team better. We are tweeners. Not bad enough to blow up the team, and not good enough to win a title (or realistically compete for one). The Spurs decided not to waste Timmy's twilight. But the overestimated how much the stars had left in their tank.

Tony's injuries aren't helping this team either.

JustinJDW
01-31-2010, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't mind a trade I guess.

murpjf88
01-31-2010, 09:08 PM
The team played better overall defense with Oberto and Thomas. A pathetic decision to sign RJ. Td's defense in the paint has been pretty sad as well. They need a blockbuster just to compete.

StoneBuddha
01-31-2010, 09:33 PM
The team played better overall defense with Oberto and Thomas. A pathetic decision to sign RJ. Td's defense in the paint has been pretty sad as well. They need a blockbuster just to compete.

Good decision. Bad results (so far).

elbamba
01-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Big men do not fall out of the sky. There are no quality big men out there that would put the spurs over the top without giving up another necessary piece. I am sure the Spurs have tried to move Finley, Mason, Bonner, Ian, and just about anyone else not named Tim. It is time to come to the conclusion that this is the team the Spurs are taking to the playoffs. We might have a minor change but there is nothing out there that will change the team that much.

easy7
01-31-2010, 11:37 PM
The Spurs are just fine just the way they are, they have a lot of talent. They just need to find out where they misplaced their balls and they will be ok.

Sean Cagney
01-31-2010, 11:41 PM
suck it up man you will be fine lol :).......its just a game

Gee that helped alot! :lol:bang:bang
The Spurs are just fine just the way they are, they have a lot of talent. They just need to find out where they misplaced their balls and they will be ok.

LOL Just fine? Yeah just fine for what a 5th seed first round exit? They are far from just fine, that just fine stuff went out two years ago, now this is what the team is. It's already over half the year and they still look like this, not good.

I am a huge fan still and always will be, but this is reality now.

Obstructed_View
02-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Yeah but seriously, we could have used some damn offense. You need a lot of things in basketball but at the end of the day, it's about putting the ball in the bucket.

Or stopping the other team from putting the ball in the bucket. It's not a free-throw competition.

xellos88330
02-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Spurs killed themselves by not hitting their wide open 3's. That was the difference.

Obstructed_View
02-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Spurs killed themselves by not hitting their wide open 3's. That was the difference.

"Defense doesn't take a day off"
- Charles Barkley

ElNono
02-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Frustrating to hear that 'Pop feels this team can compete with any other in the Weat' during the beggining of the telecast... I think by the end Hubbie was asking Pop what did he drink before he said that...

SAGambler
02-01-2010, 10:13 AM
I blame pop for this loss.

How many shots did Pop miss? How many defensive buckets did Pop give up?

Ultimately it's the players on the floor, not Pop that is responsible for wins and losses.

SpurNation
02-01-2010, 10:39 AM
LOL at driving Manu to the airport...he's been one of the few players on this team that has shown at least an intensity level that would help other players with less skills perform better if they ever played with the same passion.

Some of these players are just athlete loafers with nice contracts but little to no fortitude to make things happen.

That said...
It's also a responsibility to not mess up a rythym and/or insert a cog when things are working.

Obstructed_View
02-01-2010, 01:40 PM
How many shots did Pop miss? How many defensive buckets did Pop give up?
The same number that McDyess missed and gave up while DeJuan Blair and Matt Bonner were on the bench.

DaBears
02-01-2010, 02:11 PM

Thx Captain obvious...........

DaBears
02-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Trade please..........these players need to man up, start playing like they wanna be here, i bet if were started docking their pay, we'd see a much different team out there....

Old School 44
02-01-2010, 03:43 PM
The same number that McDyess missed and gave up while DeJuan Blair and Matt Bonner were on the bench.

I'm glad somebody else gets it! Pop just needs to do a better job coaching and using his players. We have the personnel to be much better. I sometimes believe Pop "over thinks" everything.

Baseline
02-01-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm glad somebody else gets it! Pop just needs to do a better job coaching and using his players. We have the personnel to be much better. I sometimes believe Pop "over thinks" everything.

RJ is being grossly misused. Have we even run an alley-oop play for the guy this year?

For a team whose offense takes entire quarters off, one would think Pop, a supposed HOF coach, could maybe find a play or two that could at least get RJ to the line. But I guess not.

RJ is silently screaming so loudly that every dunk he attempts is a reverse job ...just to remind Pop that he can jump out of the gym.

Honestly, in some games Bogans gets more shot attempts than RJ.

Pop is so set in his ways that it's really catching up on him this year. If I'm Peter Holt, I'm up his fanny right about now. Holt spent the money to bring in RJ, and Pop uses him like Bruce Bowen. That's just brilliant.

stealthjbravo
02-01-2010, 07:01 PM
time to blow this team up and start over

slayermin
02-01-2010, 07:05 PM
RJ is being grossly misused. Have we even run an alley-oop play for the guy this year?

For a team whose offense takes entire quarters off, one would think Pop, a supposed HOF coach, could maybe find a play or two that could at least get RJ to the line. But I guess not.

RJ is silently screaming so loudly that every dunk he attempts is a reverse job ...just to remind Pop that he can jump out of the gym.

Honestly, in some games Bogans gets more shot attempts than RJ.

Pop is so set in his ways that it's really catching up on him this year. If I'm Peter Holt, I'm up his fanny right about now. Holt spent the money to bring in RJ, and Pop uses him like Bruce Bowen. That's just brilliant.

Great post. Everyone bad mouths RJ but he isn't Kobe or Lebron. He doesn't have the ball handling skills or the quickness to break people down off the dribble anytime he wants. He needs someone to get him the ball when he slashes to the basket. Three layups or dunks a game would change everyone's opinion about him.

Maybe Pop should try to bring him off the bench with Manu. Start Mason or Bonner in his place. The guy is not scared to elevate over people. He's not scared of contact. I just don't understand why they don't try to get him some easy buckets early.

Chieflion
02-01-2010, 08:05 PM
"Defense doesn't take a day off"
- Charles Barkley
You sure Charles said that? I am sure he didn't care for defense back in his day.

DPG21920
02-01-2010, 08:15 PM
You sure Charles said that? I am sure he didn't care for defense back in his day.

He certainly did not say "defense wins championships" :lol

LOL@MavsFan
02-01-2010, 08:17 PM

Typical "fan" reaction...TRADE MANU AND PARKER!:rolleyes

Obstructed_View
02-02-2010, 05:43 AM

He said it on TNT, and anybody that watched the Spurs when David Robinson was the focal point has seen enough of Barkley covering Robinson to know that Charles could play some fucking D.

TJastal
02-02-2010, 07:12 AM

What the hell game were you watching? McDyess made several shots in the clutch including an And-1 to almost pull the game out at the end.

His defense was pretty good too, had a clean block off the backboard on someone driving to the basket. If he missed a few assignments I didn't notice.

OrEmuN
02-02-2010, 07:18 AM

I wouldn't mind too much if you are able to pick up LeBron, Chris Paul and Bosh on your way back. Otherwise, :nope

TJastal
02-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Great post. Everyone bad mouths RJ but he isn't Kobe or Lebron. He doesn't have the ball handling skills or the quickness to break people down off the dribble anytime he wants. He needs someone to get him the ball when he slashes to the basket. Three layups or dunks a game would change everyone's opinion about him.

Maybe Pop should try to bring him off the bench with Manu. Start Mason or Bonner in his place. The guy is not scared to elevate over people. He's not scared of contact. I just don't understand why they don't try to get him some easy buckets early.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think RJ is going to turn it on in the 2nd half of the season and playoffs. And I'm satisfied with his production so far and like slayermin said above, he could be doing more if Pop would draw up some plays for him.

I look at how Vince Carter is doing over in Orlando, he has blown donkey nuts. Carter is such a weeny when it comes to contact, he tries to avoid it entirely and ends up taking the most off the charts difficult shots (which 90% of the time miss) instead of getting the contact and foul.

RJ is at least physical when he takes his man off the dribble, and goes for the dunk many times in traffic, where Vince would veer away from defenders and try a difficult fadeaway.

Chieflion
02-02-2010, 08:07 AM
He said it on TNT, and anybody that watched the Spurs when David Robinson was the focal point has seen enough of Barkley covering Robinson to know that Charles could play some fucking D.
Most of the time, he does not give a shit about defense though.

Obstructed_View
02-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Most of the time, he does not give a shit about defense though.

No, he makes jokes that he wasn't a good defender. Only people that didn't watch him play perpetuate that particular myth.

Obstructed_View
02-02-2010, 02:02 PM
What the hell game were you watching? McDyess made several shots in the clutch including an And-1 to almost pull the game out at the end.

His defense was pretty good too, had a clean block off the backboard on someone driving to the basket. If he missed a few assignments I didn't notice.

Wow, Antonio played a little bit in the 4th quarter. That's nice. And he had one block. You clearly didn't notice a lot.