PDA

View Full Version : Give The Pop the props

duncan2k5
04-28-2005, 02:42 PM
some People on this board are always bashing Pop. I think he is the best coach in the NBA (yes, Larry Brown...he is). Yesterday when the board was in disarray before the game at barry starting I wanted to say:

1. We won a championship with manu sparking off the bench.

2. We won like 17 straight at the end of last season when manu went on the bench for hedo.

3. manu isnt like other players who feel indignant when they are put in a position others may deem a demotion.

4. Barry played significantly better when starting, and we know manu will get his regardless. he scored 17 in like 18 mins people.

but i was afraid of backlash, now i am sure we are all in a good mood lets give pop some props. he saw we needed an adjustment and damn was it ever!

There was a reason boykins shot 3-11 last night. i once branded him the spur-killer, but now we found The Neutralizer...Beno Udrih. i realized for most of the game when The Boy was in Pop put beno in, beno annoyed him like a fly around the court. people wanted mike wilks to guard The Boy before the playoffs started, but i have no doubt The Boy would have scored a career playoff high of that was the case.

well until saturday, ill be at Mc Donalds...i'm gonna but me some nuggets :spin

Mr. Body
04-28-2005, 03:15 PM
If Beno can keep up that defense against Boykins, that practically neutralizes their entire bench. I like the whole team keying on Earl like they have. He's a mercurial player and super-quick, but not nearly the passer that Nash is, with a similar style.

Fouled Out
04-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Well, Pop did mix it up a little in Game 2, I believe the best move he made is when he called a time out in the beginning of the 3rd quater due to a 2 of 9 in about the first 3 minutes of the 3rd. Nice move he got the teams mind frame to wake up and get back in the game not to slack off just because they had like a 25 or 30 point lead. If you are going to finish a team in the PLAYOFFS . DO IT!!!! don't give even a chance to come back.....