PDA

View Full Version : Grammy Awards

Udokafan05
01-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Swift was already robbed once, how many times will it happen tonight? Also, Lady Gaga is a freak

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2010, 08:31 PM
why don't they just call it the let's watch beyonce shake her ass show

tp2021
01-31-2010, 08:36 PM
why don't they just call it the let's watch beyonce shake her ass show

*changes channel to grammys*

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2010, 08:43 PM
wow i think i can see pink's cooch

that's funny on three levels

Udokafan05
01-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah, it just turned rated R for pinks performance

tlongII
01-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Doesn't start for another 2 and half hours here.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2010, 08:49 PM
pink shows her pink
and she gets wet

dirk4mvp
01-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Slash :downspin:

BlackSwordsMan
01-31-2010, 09:29 PM
im not sure if kesha does drugs but if she does she needs to stop before it's too late

Udokafan05
01-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Great performances by Swift and Lady Antebellum

Pistons < Spurs
01-31-2010, 09:56 PM
WTF? I'm just supposed to have a pair of 3D glasses lying around the house for this performance?

caribbean_spur
01-31-2010, 09:58 PM
:lol I was wondering the same thing! WTF!

Jekka
01-31-2010, 10:18 PM
The Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks performance was awful. Stevie needed to be singing alone.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2010, 10:44 PM
i can't tell you how much i am disgusted after seeing parts of this show

watching people stare there with those 50's era 3D glasses was fucking retarded

Udokafan05
01-31-2010, 10:47 PM
The Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks performance was awful. Stevie needed to be singing alone.

I think it was the other way around

Pistons < Spurs
01-31-2010, 10:56 PM

same here. Nicks looked like she wanted to be anywhere else in the world other than up on stage. I'm not a big Swift fan, but at least she was there to perform and entertain.

Udokafan05
01-31-2010, 11:05 PM
Lady Gaga looks like the statue of liberty

tlongII
01-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Stephen Colbert isn't funny so far.

Udokafan05
01-31-2010, 11:16 PM
Stephen Colbert isn't funny so far.

I thought it was funny when he pulled out the ipad.

Udokafan05
01-31-2010, 11:19 PM
And Lil Wayne needs to pull up his pants. It's sad he is the future of rap.

Amarelooms
01-31-2010, 11:29 PM
And Lil Wayne needs to pull up his pants. It's sad he is the future of rap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkeAzqhlkNk

Sense
01-31-2010, 11:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkeAzqhlkNk

haha funny shit

mrsmaalox
01-31-2010, 11:37 PM

I agree. Stevie Nicks would be tough to match up with anyone outside of the studio. At least Swift had some stage presence.

Jekka
01-31-2010, 11:39 PM

Are you tone deaf? Swift missed so many notes it was depressing.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2010, 11:40 PM
swift sucked but you can't hate her she's just too damn cute in a way that makes you unable to hate her

Jekka
same here. Nicks looked like she wanted to be anywhere else in the world other than up on stage. I'm not a big Swift fan, but at least she was there to perform and entertain.

Did you see her look over at Swift when she hit that first really bad note? I just don't think she wanted to be singing with Swift.

mrsmaalox
Lady Gaga looks like the statue of liberty

Yea I'd be pissed if I had to sit behind her with that thing on her head!

Udokafan05
01-31-2010, 11:43 PM
Swift sounded fine, and I'm glad she got the last award over those overrated singers

Jekka
01-31-2010, 11:45 PM
swift sucked but you can't hate her she's just too damn cute in a way that makes you unable to hate her

I don't hate her, I just don't think that she's as much the shit as award committees seen to think that she is.

Then again, I'm still pissed that Beyonce won over Adele. Every year I have to come to terms with the Grammys being more about commercial success than anything else.

tlongII
01-31-2010, 11:46 PM
Great performance by Pink. That was pretty cool.

mrsmaalox
01-31-2010, 11:50 PM

She's soooo adorable!! I think it was just a bad match up, their ranges are totally different and just need too much mixing for a live performance.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2010, 11:52 PM
i think a large part of taylor's success is the fact that she's so damn adorable you just can't think she's a big ass shaking joke like beyonce or gaga

ploto
01-31-2010, 11:53 PM
I hated Beyonce's performance.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2010, 11:56 PM
beyonce is trying so hard to be a modern day game changer like a madonna its sickening

stick to shaking your ass and fucking jay z

hate that ho now

i like gaga better than her, at least her whole bit is to dress outlandish, she's not trying to blatantly up the ante on other artists, she always was a freak.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2010, 12:00 AM
She's soooo adorable!! I think it was just a bad match up, their ranges are totally different and just need too much mixing for a live performance.

....................she never hit the note. a same range or a mixing by tom lord-alge couldn't have made her sound any better.

tlongII
02-01-2010, 12:00 AM
BEP was good.

Udokafan05
02-01-2010, 12:01 AM
I like Swift because she writes her own stuff for all her songs, and she sounds good singing them. She also doesnt have to dress slutty or weird to gain fans.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2010, 12:01 AM
i think a large part of taylor's success is the fact that she's so damn adorable you just can't think she's a big ass shaking joke like beyonce or gaga

and people wonder why music is so crappy these days.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Stevie needed to be singing alone.

she looked pretty pissed towards the end. i'm sure taylor will blame it on her in-ears or act ditzy about it when asked which will gain her even more fans. :bang

MannyIsGod
02-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Music is great these days.

That being said, Taylor Swift is the fucking devil.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Music is great these days.

That being said, Taylor Swift is the fucking devil.

if taylor is the devil wtf is beyonce? galactus?

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2010, 12:12 AM
if taylor is the devil wtf is beyonce? galactus?

Mephistopheles

Shaolin-Style
02-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Lady Gaga is always interesting. Everytime I think she can't get more out there she does.

mrsmaalox
02-01-2010, 12:18 AM
she looked pretty pissed towards the end. i'm sure taylor will blame it on her in-ears or act ditzy about it when asked which will gain her even more fans. :bang

That's just the way Stevie Nicks' face is stretched :lol

No need to blame anyone, it's live tv shit happens. Swift is not the devil, Nicks is not the god, so what? :rolleyes

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Lady Gaga is always interesting. Everytime I think she can't get more out there she does.

i really didn't like what she did. i dig her for what she does and all that but the whole guest sit in kinda ruined it. she couldn't be herself all the way.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2010, 12:21 AM
That's just the way Stevie Nicks' face is stretched :lol

No need to blame anyone, it's live tv shit happens. Swift is not the devil, Nicks is not the god, so what? :rolleyes

calmer than you are.

mrsmaalox
02-01-2010, 12:27 AM
calmer than you are.

:lmao :lmao

I think you are taunting the wrong person here. I don't care enough to proclaim anyone a devil or tone deaf or a joke. I think we all know that the real "deservees" of those awards were not even in that building tonight. But then they aren't called the Bonafide Talent Awards, are they? :)

Kriz-Maxima
02-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Curse you Kanye, for condemning us to this Taylor Swift fest.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-01-2010, 01:21 AM
Curse you Kanye, for condemning us to this Taylor Swift fest.

+1 man is this chick overrated

CuckingFunt
02-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Beyonce won over Adele.

Those four words are enough to act as confirmation that I made the right choice in not watching.

Well... that and the fact that a Taylor Swift/Stevie Nicks duet sounds like the music played in my nightmares. I can't stand either of them.

Udokafan05
02-01-2010, 01:43 AM
Damn, Taylor haters everywhere

tp2021
02-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Damn, Taylor haters everywhere

Just like we don't want whores shoved down our throats, neither do we want singers who can't sing rammed down our throats

Xylus
02-01-2010, 01:57 AM
The Grammys are a fucking joke. The performances suck, the performers generally suck, the nominees sucked, and the winners chosen from those shitty nominees suck.

Udokafan05
02-01-2010, 01:58 AM
How many of youll Taylor haters actually listen to country music? Are you bashing her or country music as a whole? Country Music > Any other kind

tp2021
02-01-2010, 02:04 AM
^ In claiming bias you reveal your own bias

Udokafan05
02-01-2010, 02:16 AM
^ If you already hate country music, your not going to like anyone singing it. And if you dont listen to it, how can you have an opinion on it.

tp2021
02-01-2010, 02:55 AM
^ If you already hate country music, your not going to like anyone singing it. And if you dont listen to it, how can you have an opinion on it.

Who said I didn't like country music? Didn't this girl just sing on the Grammys? All I said was she was a bad singer. She sang bad. I think she sings bad. I've heard her sing enough to know this.

Good messages to little girls or not, I don't care about that when listening to a singer's voice.

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2010, 03:26 AM
I like Swift because she writes her own stuff for all her songs, and she sounds good singing them. She also doesnt have to dress slutty or weird to gain fans.

yeah, she just needs to fuck a dude from twilight

JudynTX
02-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Judas Priest won a Grammy!!!!!!!!!! :danceclub

austN Spur
02-01-2010, 09:53 AM
The radio station here in austin broke down taylor swifts performance with all the bad notes she sang. my ears are still ringing. i think i heard my dog barking from I35

austN Spur
02-01-2010, 09:55 AM
and i'm not a country hater. Uvalde, texas...we had only country, tejano, and just a couple years ago we got an oldies station

I enjoyed the michael jackson tribute. I had 3-d glasses from a caroline dvd my chick bought, but that wasnt why, i thought it was sang well and i was surprised by that underwood chick.

dirk4mvp
02-01-2010, 11:40 AM
lol country. there's so many times someone can sing about getting drunk and their wife leaving them.

angel_luv
02-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I really enjoyed Elton John's performance with Lady Gaga ( that was her right?) to begin the show.

The bottom portion of J-Lo's outfit seemed weird to me, but it was was an excellent choice, since she was mostly filmed from the waist up. I thought J-Lo looked stunning.

Pink's performance was really amazing, although I wish her outfit had not been so revealing. Pink was so graceful and the song was beautiful.

Lady Antebellum is fantastic. I am so thrilled they will be at the Rodeo this week.

I loved the Michael Jackson tribute with Carrie Underwood, Smokey Robinson, Celene Dion, Jennifer Hudson, and Usher. Fantastic!

I only saw Taylor Swift win an award early in the show. I thought she gave a great speech, especially when she said about her grammy that she felt she was holding " an impossible dream."

I was thrilled that the Zac Brown Band won. Their song " Whatever It Is" was the song I used for my walk down the aisle at Bo's and my wedding.

I forget the name of the guy who won for the best comedy album but I thought he was neither funny nor cool.
Of all the segments of the show that I saw, I disliked his the most.

But all in all, it was a great show. Or at least the first half of it was- since that is all I watched.

tlongII
02-01-2010, 11:53 AM
I really enjoyed Elton John's performance with Lady Gaga ( that was her right?) to begin the show.

The bottom portion of J-Lo's outfit seemed weird to me, but it was was an excellent choice, since she was mostly filmed from the waist up. I thought J-Lo looked stunning.

Pink's performance was really amazing, although I wish her outfit had not been so revealing. Pink was so graceful and the song was beautiful.

Lady Antebellum is fantastic. I am so thrilled they will be at the Rodeo this week.

I loved the Michael Jackson tribute with Carrie Underwood, Smokey Robinson, Celene Dion, Jennifer Hudson, and Usher. Fantastic!

I only saw Taylor Swift win an award early in the show. I thought she gave a great speech, especially when she said about her grammy that she felt she was holding " an impossible dream."

I was thrilled that the Zac Brown Band won. Their song " Whatever It Is" was the song I used for my walk down the aisle at Bo's and my wedding.

I forget the name of the guy who won for the best comedy album but I thought he was neither funny nor cool.

But all in all, it was a great show. Or at least the first half of it was- since that is all I watched.

I agree with pretty much everything Angel said. :tu Except for Pink's outfit. It wasn't really that revealing. She had a full bodysuit/leotard on. You probably needed HDTV to catch that though.

JoshO501
02-01-2010, 12:01 PM
is taylor swift country or pop?

angel_luv
02-01-2010, 12:39 PM
The one part of the Grammy's I really objected to was the way Michael Jackson's kids seemed to be forced into the spotlight. I don't know that either Prince or Paris was ready to make such public speeches about their dad.

I was sixteen when my dad died and so I understand the pain Michael Jackson's kids are experiencing. And it is so much harder for Prince and Paris, as they are even younger than I was and they are in the public eye.

I feel like all Prince and Paris need to be accepting right now is a lot of hugs from their family, not awards on a television show.

Jekka
02-01-2010, 03:10 PM
How many of youll Taylor haters actually listen to country music? Are you bashing her or country music as a whole? Country Music > Any other kind
I grew up on Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Loretta Lynn, and the Carters. I love country music. I am not a big fan of Taylor Swift, and it has nothing to do with the country genre. She's at least better than Rascal Flatts, though. They inspire suicidal thoughts for me.

Well... that and the fact that a Taylor Swift/Stevie Nicks duet sounds like the music played in my nightmares. I can't stand either of them.
I love Stevie Nicks, but that performance was flat out sad.

Jekka
02-01-2010, 03:14 PM
The one part of the Grammy's I really objected to was the way Michael Jackson's kids seemed to be forced into the spotlight. I don't know that either Prince or Paris was ready to make such public speeches about their dad.

I was sixteen when my dad died and so I understand the pain Michael Jackson's kids are experiencing. And it is so much harder for Prince and Paris, as they are even younger than I was and they are in the public eye.

I feel like all Prince and Paris need to be accepting right now is a lot of hugs from their family, not awards on a television show.

Everyone grieves differently - they may have wanted to accept the award for him and were just nervous. Paris even spoke at her father's memorial service. We had a close family friend pass away under just about the worst circumstances possible the year before last, and both of her kids spoke at her funeral. There is no way in hell that I would have been able to do that if it had been my mother, but for some people that can be healing.

angel_luv
02-01-2010, 03:15 PM
True, Jekka. And I hope it was for the Jackson kids.

xellos88330
02-01-2010, 03:25 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/haVXS9rMNxI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/haVXS9rMNxI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

rjv
02-01-2010, 04:30 PM
ah the grammy's-or the "thanks for selling a lot of records and let's promote more labels under the false pretense of art" awards show

Condemned 2 HelLA
02-01-2010, 10:29 PM

For a song that's only 33 years old!
:lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2010, 10:37 PM

damn. they were nominated?

Condemned 2 HelLA
02-01-2010, 10:54 PM
damn. they were nominated?

Hell, AC/DC won a Grammy too!

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Hell, AC/DC won a Grammy too!
they did? i did see them nominated but the lost. what did they win for?

Condemned 2 HelLA
02-01-2010, 11:30 PM
they did? i did see them nominated but the lost. what did they win for?

AC/DC won Best Hard Rock Performance for the song "War Machine".
Judas Priest won Best Metal Performance for the song "Dissident Aggressor".

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2010, 11:31 PM
AC/DC won Best Hard Rock Performance for the song "War Machine".
Judas Priest won Best Metal Performance for the song "Dissident Aggressor".

well good for them. can't believe priest beat slayer.

mrsmaalox
02-01-2010, 11:33 PM
What was the category Kings of Leon won?

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2010, 11:34 PM

Best Sister Hazel category

CuckingFunt
02-01-2010, 11:40 PM

Record of the Year.

Which is somehow neither Song of the Year nor Album of the Year.

mrsmaalox
02-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Best Sister Hazel category

I swear every time I hear them I think that if they were better and played with a style they could be SH!! :lol

I just haven't checked to see how the divided up the rock genres.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Record of the Year.

Which is somehow neither Song of the Year nor Album of the Year.

and i don't understand the differentiation of song of the year and record of the year. i say that 'cause the Record in Record of the Year means one song. not the whole record. Album of the year is the actual whole album. maybe the song of the year award goes to the writers, maybe?

CuckingFunt
02-01-2010, 11:45 PM
maybe the song of the year award goes to the writers, maybe?

That's what it is. My curiosity brought me to Wikipedia.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2010, 11:45 PM
I swear every time I hear them I think that if they were better and played with a style they could be SH!! :lol

have i ever told you that i have a buddy that played on their first album? :D

I just haven't checked to see how the divided up the rock genres.
really should only be two. good and bad.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2010, 11:46 PM
That's what it is. My curiosity brought me to Wikipedia.

:tu

so now we all know.

mrsmaalox
02-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Well apparently there are the "overall" best of categories that include all the genres. Then there's best ofs in each genre. Which means KOL actually won a bunch of awards. Hmm I didn't know Bela Fleck won anything.

JudynTX
02-02-2010, 08:49 AM

:rolleyes So, they still won a Grammy. Yea, and AC/DC won one too. Black Ice was a good album. :tu