PDA

View Full Version : This place is just so damn quiet after a Laker win...

DazedAndConfused
02-01-2010, 12:13 AM
In my mind I see tumbleweeds blowing in the wind across a desolate desert scene.

Dex
02-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Spurs lose. Lakers win. Monday tomorrow.

FML.

Allanon
02-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Spurs lose. Lakers win. Monday tomorrow.

FML.

No need for you to come in here, Dex. You don't usually talk shit :lol

As for the shit-talkers, they are indeed quiet tonight. Kobe saved the NBA forum from 20 threads tonight.

If the Lakers lose in Memphis, I'm sure business will pick up again in the forum. Until then, god bless sons.

timvp
02-01-2010, 12:22 AM
I like turtles.

Killakobe81
02-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Plus C3p got hurt ...

Chieflion
02-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Big deal. Lakers still suck. There I said it.

tlongII
02-01-2010, 12:25 AM
I didn't really care about that game. I hate the Lakers AND the Celtics so WGAF? The Lakers can't beat Cleveland anyway.

Obstructed_View
02-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Actually I couldn't be happier at the result. I really really dislike the Celtics. Thank all that's holy that Kobe finally got one of those horrible shots he was attempting at the end of quarters to go in. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of assholes, IMO.

Obstructed_View
02-01-2010, 12:27 AM
In my mind I see tumbleweeds blowing in the wind across a desolate desert scene.

Welcome to what the rest of us see.

Allanon
02-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Actually I couldn't be happier at the result. I really really dislike the Celtics. Thank all that's holy that Kobe finally got one of those horrible shots he was attempting at the end of quarters to go in. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of assholes, IMO.

This is the good kind of honesty. :lol

Obstructed_View
02-01-2010, 12:40 AM
This is the good kind of honesty. :lol

Also the game was much more entertaining as the certainty about the impending irrelevancy of the Spurs sets in.

Phillip
02-01-2010, 12:44 AM

sorry that some of us get sex and blowjobs, while you masturbate with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich

FkLA
02-01-2010, 12:46 AM
I understand the excitement and happiness from you guys because its a huge rivalry and because it was a game-winner...the Lakers didnt look very good though and everybody is beating Boston at home these days. You guys are being delusional if you think all is well in Lala land. If Kobe continues playing the way he's playing the Lakers got a long road ahead of them.

Obstructed_View
02-01-2010, 12:51 AM
I understand the excitement and happiness from you guys because its a huge rivalry and because it was a game-winner...the Lakers didnt look very good though and everybody is beating Boston at home these days. You guys are being delusional if you think all is well in Lala land. If Kobe continues playing the way he's playing the Lakers got a long road ahead of them.

If Kobe continues to basically let his teammates keep the game close while he ballhoggs in the last 30 seconds of all 4 quarters to suck up the glory on an ABC game, he's going to do to this team what he's done to pretty much all his other teams. Beating the Celtics was a bonus.

Killakobe81
02-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Grasping at straws much?
Beating the Celts is like you guys beating the Mavs ...keeping a rival down is sweet.
the irony? A SPUR fan worried about OUR problems? LOL
Only teams that worry me are cavs and Nuggs ....

Killakobe81
02-01-2010, 01:21 AM
I was NOT giving up on the Spurs I said on the gamethread Spurs not done ...
But many on here have already ...

02-01-2010, 01:29 AM
nobody likes the celtics and nobody likes the lakers. therefore, nobody cares about who wins.

Cane
02-01-2010, 01:41 AM
The refs were fucking up the flow from the beginning - congratz on both teams for dealing with that bullshit. Imo other than Lebron James the East teams don't really have much support on this forum - one reason why there's not much attention.

Definitely not looking good for Boston. If they don't get healthier they're fucked - in the past 17 games they've only won six. I wonder how Boston and the other top teams in the East would do if they played competition on the level of the West instead of the East. Being in the East so far warrants an asterisk to your record.

Dex
02-01-2010, 01:43 AM
I like turtles.

IgQ7B6gtAbQ

duhoh
02-01-2010, 01:47 AM
thank you for breaking the silence

The Franchise
02-01-2010, 01:48 AM

That makes sense.

FkLA
02-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Grasping at straws much?
Beating the Celts is like you guys beating the Mavs ...keeping a rival down is sweet.
the irony? A SPUR fan worried about OUR problems? LOL
Only teams that worry me are cavs and Nuggs ....

Dont know if it was even directed at me, but like I said I understand the joy since it is a huge rivalry and because of the fashion that the win came in (game-winner). But the Celtics are 6-11 their last 17 games and just about everybody has been beating them at their court lately. This win doesnt really change the fact that the Lakers honestly arent playing championship basketball, especially Kobe.

Xylus
02-01-2010, 01:54 AM
I think it'd be a bigger deal to most people if the Lakers were the best team in the league right now.

Killakobe81
02-01-2010, 01:58 AM
Dont know if it was even directed at me, but like I said I understand the joy since it is a huge rivalry and because of the fashion that the win came in (game-winner). But the Celtics are 6-11 their last 17 games and just about everybody has been beating them at their court lately. This win doesnt really change the fact that the Lakers honestly arent playing championship basketball, especially Kobe.

was not directed at you in particular ... but i'll bite.
The spurs are NOT playing championship basketball either ... This is a title defense something your team knows shit about ....let the Cavs peak early I prefer to peak late ... the first and 4th quarter was title level ball ...

we just sucked ass in the 2nd and treaded water in the 3rd ...

FkLA
02-01-2010, 02:21 AM
was not directed at you in particular ... but i'll bite.
The spurs are NOT playing championship basketball either ... This is a title defense something your team knows shit about ....let the Cavs peak early I prefer to peak late ... the first and 4th quarter was title level ball ...

we just sucked ass in the 2nd and treaded water in the 3rd ...

The Spurs arent playing championship ball, thats a given. What does that have to do with the Lakers though? I dont understand the need to compare your team to a team who has been underachieving and at this point in time is not considered a contender. You should be comparing them to the top teams, and the Lakers certainly have not been playing as well as those teams. But if we're going to pull the whole 'I prefer to peak late' card alot of teams that had championship aspirations and havent been playing like it could use that excuse as well.

Sure the Lakers could improve, just like numerous other teams but at this point all we can evaluate is what we have not what might or might not happen later down the road. And as it stands your team isnt playing all that well regardless of the win tonight.

21_Blessings
02-01-2010, 02:30 AM
nobody likes the celtics and nobody likes the lakers. therefore, nobody cares about who wins.

Nobody in America outside of San Antonio even cares about the Spurs.

Andrew Bynum
02-01-2010, 02:45 AM
The Spurs arent playing championship ball, thats a given. What does that have to do with the Lakers though? I dont understand the need to compare your team to a team who has been underachieving and at this point in time is not considered a contender. You should be comparing them to the top teams, and the Lakers certainly have not been playing as well as those teams. But if we're going to pull the whole 'I prefer to peak late' card alot of teams that had championship aspirations and havent been playing like it could use that excuse as well.

Sure the Lakers could improve, just like numerous other teams but at this point all we can evaluate is what we have not what might or might not happen later down the road. And as it stands your team isnt playing all that well regardless of the win tonight.

I agree, the Lakers aren't playing anywhere near the level they can yet they're still 36-11 a half game off the best record in the league, 14-8 on the road. Can't imagine how good this team is going to be when they start going full on :wow

LMAO spurfan talking shit. Spurs are completely finished.

Chillen
02-01-2010, 02:46 AM
The Lakers beat Boston by 1 point, Boston has been having some health issues lately, I was not that impressed with the Lakers win. If they meet up in the NBA finals and both teams are healthy the Lakers will have a tough time with those Celtics.

namlook
02-01-2010, 02:49 AM
The Lakers beat Boston by 1 point, Boston has been having some health issues lately, I was not that impressed with the Lakers win. If they meet up in the NBA finals and both teams are healthy the Lakers will have a tough time with those Celtics.

Come June Bynum should give the Celtics even more fits. He's getting better by the minute.

Obstructed_View
02-01-2010, 03:15 AM
I was NOT giving up on the Spurs I said on the gamethread Spurs not done ...
But many on here have already ...

There are at least four or five Celtics who, if traded to the Spurs tomorrow, would immediately become the best defender on the team.

j.dizzle
02-01-2010, 03:20 AM
Sons, thats the funny thing..Everyone knows LA hasnt been playing up to half of their potential & they still tied for the best record in the league hahahaha god damn thats a great feeling.

FkLA
02-01-2010, 03:20 AM
I agree, the Lakers aren't playing anywhere near the level they can yet they're still 36-11 a half game off the best record in the league, 14-8 on the road. Can't imagine how good this team is going to be when they start going full on :wow

LMAO spurfan talking shit. Spurs are completely finished.

So because I said the Lakers arent playing well Im talking shit? Thats obvious to anyone thats watched their games and realizes that their home/road ratio has alot to do with their record. But if you want to believe everything is well and that the Lakers can cruise to a championship playing the way theyre playing right now, especially Kobe than go ahead.

Nice game today btw, that was a sick dunk on KG :tu

j.dizzle
02-01-2010, 03:25 AM
So because I said the Lakers arent playing well Im talking shit? Thats obvious to anyone thats watched their games and realizes that their home/road ratio has alot to do with their record. But if you want to believe everything is well and that the Lakers can cruise to a championship playing the way theyre playing right now, especially Kobe than go ahead.

Nice game today btw, that was a sick dunk on KG :tu
Ummm denver & LA have played the same amount of road games & theyre basically the only competition LA has in the West.

FkLA
02-01-2010, 03:29 AM
Let me put it this way...

With the way your team is currently playing, especially Kobe Bean do you guys honestly think your boys in purple n gold could win a title?

j.dizzle
02-01-2010, 03:36 AM

With the way your team is currently playing, especially Kobe Bean do you guys honestly think your boys in purple n gold could win a title?
Yezzzir..They dont play half assed in the postseason

02-01-2010, 03:57 AM
Nobody in America outside of San Antonio even cares about the Spurs.
but i didn't make an attention whoring spurs thread. you obviously care about the spurs though since you brought them up.

i live in san diego btw.

TheMACHINE
02-01-2010, 04:08 AM

and who exactly will beat us?

21_Blessings
02-01-2010, 04:41 AM

Kobe/Pau/Bynum/Artest have only played like 26 games together. They're still developing offensive chemistry. Then there's the fact that Phil Jackson Laker teams are notorious for cruising the first 3 months of the season and then turning it on in late Feb/March.

Fabbs
02-01-2010, 04:56 AM
Artest gets a slight hand and tumbles and cartwheels 30 feet Derek Swisher homo style and gets rewarded with the call which negates the Pierce basket. On the other end Artest throws up a prayer that greases around the rim and takes some goofy bounce and falls in.

Kome gives Ray Allen the exact same hand yet no call.

Another Win Laker Style.

Axl Van Dam
02-01-2010, 06:33 AM

:toast Great win tonight. :toast

mystargtr34
02-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Shit.. going from claiming the regular season means jack shit after two losses to the Cavs, to gloating after a one point win against a team that has lost 6 of their last 8 games.

Classic.