PDA

View Full Version : Green jobs available in Minnesota

DarrinS
02-01-2010, 02:01 PM
They need help getting their wind turbines to spin in cold weather.

:lmao

LOL at heating the oil so that the turbine can spin. Doesn't heating the oil require energy?

Tk8rsFk9i_w

PixelPusher
02-01-2010, 02:59 PM

It's funny cause you hate clean energy.

I. Hustle
02-01-2010, 03:00 PM
They could warm it up in their hands.

coyotes_geek
02-01-2010, 03:00 PM
They need help getting their wind turbines to spin in cold weather.

Care to explain to the rest of us why we're supposed to think this is funny?

LOL at heating the oil so that the turbine can spin. Doesn't heating the oil require energy?

Yes, it does. Your point? Do you think it takes any energy to operate a coal plant?

Winehole23
02-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Darrin likes the drive by.

And he seldom returns to the scene of the crime, except for another drive by.

I've not had much luck getting direct replies to simple questions from Darrin, but he asks plenty. DarrinS is really not what you'd call a faithful correspondent. You probably won't get an answer from him. If anything, probably just another perplexed question, or another stupid drive by.

jacobdrj
02-01-2010, 03:17 PM
New technology. Unintended consequences, both good and bad. Nothing to see here.

Same thing happened with LED lighting in ice-prone areas... LED's didn't produce enough heat to stay clear. Problem could still be solved by putting in temporary heating coils that would still be more efficient if they didn't have to be turned on all year.

This type of thing will be worked out. I never have a problem with it.

Hell, it took the iPod 3 generations to become popular and functional. It took them 8 to get it close to 'right'...

Perhaps wind is not the answer for Mini, as Desil is not the answer for cold climates. Doesn't mean you stop trying.

TeyshaBlue
02-01-2010, 03:19 PM
New technology. Unintended consequences, both good and bad. Nothing to see here.

Same thing happened with LED lighting in ice-prone areas... LED's didn't produce enough heat to stay clear. Problem could still be solved by putting in temporary heating coils that would still be more efficient if they didn't have to be turned on all year.

This type of thing will be worked out. I never have a problem with it.

Hell, it took the iPod 3 generations to become popular and functional. It took them 8 to get it close to 'right'...

Perhaps wind is not the answer for Mini, as Desil is not the answer for cold climates. Doesn't mean you stop trying.

You were doing fine till you got to the iPod arguement.

The iPod/iTunes abomination is, at best, an unholy union.:ihit

coyotes_geek
02-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Darrin likes the drive by.

And he seldom returns to the scene of the crime, except for another drive by.

I've not had much luck getting direct replies to simple questions from Darrin, but he asks plenty. DarrinS is really not what you'd call a faithful correspondent. You probably won't get an answer from him. If anything, probably just another perplexed question, or another stupid drive by.

A non-response from Darrin says just as much IMO.

DarrinS
02-01-2010, 03:41 PM
It's funny cause you hate clean energy.

No, I hate million dollar non-energy-producing ice statues.

PixelPusher
02-01-2010, 03:44 PM

If you hate it so much, why were you :lol ?

baseline bum
02-01-2010, 03:47 PM

Really, because your first post made it sound like you'd rather they stayed ice statues.

baseline bum
02-01-2010, 03:51 PM
I bet someone has to also walk over to the control panel and press a button, which also uses energy (a very inefficient source of energy at that).

jacobdrj
02-01-2010, 06:11 PM
You were doing fine till you got to the iPod arguement.

The iPod/iTunes abomination is, at best, an unholy union.:ihit

First 2 generations were not even USB compatible. 8th generation is a usable device, albeit lacking important features, but definitely the simpletons' media player of choice.

Not an advocate, just calling a progression here.

jacobdrj
02-01-2010, 06:12 PM

Then why not fix them? They are already there. They can produce power when not frozen.

SnakeBoy
02-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Then why not fix them? They are already there. They can produce power when not frozen.

Probably cheaper just to wait for global warming to keep them from freezing.