PDA

View Full Version : Chat after the recent loss!?!? Your take, please!

Manu_Ginobili
02-01-2010, 04:20 PM
The Spurs lost another Game vs. a team above .500. I have never seen OUR Spurs so helpless in a game (including all those 4 losses against Utah!!!), as this one today. I know Tony was out, but so did Carmelo, who is playing much better than Tony right now in every aspect of the game...The more troubling things for the Spurs are:

1. NO DEFENSE at all since the start of the season - the Spurs look like the Suns in the last few years (not to even say Golden State!?), by trying to beat teams with scoring...It does NOT work - the victories start by playing defense - and the Spurs do NOT play any defense - On Sunday, for most part of the game, Denver was shooting above 60% - this is NOT acceptable at all!

2. There was/is nobody in the team to "take over" the game, which is the troubling thing - Tim was far from being a leader, the Nuggets simply shut him down - 14 pts and 10 rbs is an absolute disgrace, needless to say he took only 10 shots for the entire game - this is absurd! Manu was NOT far either - he was NOT allowed to 'slash' and score easy points, he also took only 11 shots...pretty miserable performance...

3. R. Jefferson simply CANNOT fit in the Spurs game - you cannot have a $13 Mln. salary guy, who is scoring only 12-13 pts per game, I mean, it is ridiculous...THE SPURS NEED TO TRADE THIS GUY ASAP for someone like Amare, for example - there has been discussions that the Spurs are on the run for Amare...Well, go get him, hopefully!

4. The 3-pt shooting was simply missing - the Nuggets did their job to shut down the Spurs-3pt shooting, eliminated Tim and Manu, and won the game...so, give them credit...

5. Pop is pretty much DONE - time to go, and give the coaching job to Avery Johnson, for example; Pop, my dear friend, the NBA figured you out already, and WE CANNOT BEAT ANY SERIOUS TEAM...HOW CAN YOU PLAY BLAIR ONLY FOR 10 MIN. Why? THE GUY WAS SIMPLY killing the Nuggets - 10 min., 10 pts., should he stayed more time in the game, we should've won it probably, despite the worse performance in ALL categories...YOU'VE GOTTA BE AN IDIOT to keep this guy in the bench for that long...

6. The MOST TROUBLING THING, THOUGH, is OUR TEAM DOES NOT BELIEVE they CAN BEAT anyone serious - look at the way Timmy and Manu are playing in the end of quarters - they play like we conceded the game already...THIS IS NOT SPURS MENTALITY - TIPICALLY, WE WERE/ARE THE TEAM controlling the important minutes in games, but now is JUST THE OPPOSITE - we are giving up in the important parts of the game, which is a CLEAR SIGN for a bad team that is going NOWHERE...

7. Dramatic changes are needed - if we CANNOT pull some trades to get some defensive players, and some interior guys, like Amare for example, AND START PLAYING SOME SOLID "D", YOU CAN WRITE THE SEASON OFF ALREADY...THERE WILL BE ANOTHER MISERABLE EXIT IN THE 1ST ROUND THIS YEAR...:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:

I want Avery J to take the coaching job and shake things up NOW!!!

Anyone to say anything???!!!:nope:nope:nope:

GO SPURS!!!

ElNono
02-01-2010, 04:29 PM
ZOMG... BIG BOLD LETTERS and many :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

Does this rant really needed it's own thread?

rayray2k8
02-01-2010, 04:35 PM
you could always root for the lakers?

z0sa
02-01-2010, 04:40 PM
how'd this get 1368 views in 20 minutes
up to 1700+ in a couple more, guess it's cause his nickname is manu ginobili

J Mack
02-01-2010, 04:42 PM
yes i agree .... the coaching has been Horrible ! :wow:depressed

SpursRulez4eVeR
02-01-2010, 04:44 PM
how'd this get 1368 views in 20 minutes
up to 1700+ in a couple more, guess it's cause his nickname is manu ginobili

my guess is someone keep refreshing the thread :rolleyes

Duncan21kid
02-01-2010, 04:46 PM
hoopczar...

RandomGuy
02-01-2010, 05:07 PM
My take is ...that this isn't the playoffs.

I wouldn't be concerned until the end of the season.

redskinfan
02-01-2010, 05:17 PM
The Spurs lost another Game vs. a team above .500. I have never seen OUR Spurs so helpless in a game (including all those 4 losses against Utah!!!), as this one today. I know Tony was out, but so did Carmelo, who is playing much better than Tony right now in every aspect of the game...The more troubling things for the Spurs are:

1. NO DEFENSE at all since the start of the season - the Spurs look like the Suns in the last few years (not to even say Golden State!?), by trying to beat teams with scoring...It does NOT work - the victories start by playing defense - and the Spurs do NOT play any defense - On Sunday, for most part of the game, Denver was shooting above 60% - this is NOT acceptable at all!

2. There was/is nobody in the team to "take over" the game, which is the troubling thing - Tim was far from being a leader, the Nuggets simply shut him down - 14 pts and 10 rbs is an absolute disgrace, needless to say he took only 10 shots for the entire game - this is absurd! Manu was NOT far either - he was NOT allowed to 'slash' and score easy points, he also took only 11 shots...pretty miserable performance...

3. R. Jefferson simply CANNOT fit in the Spurs game - you cannot have a $13 Mln. salary guy, who is scoring only 12-13 pts per game, I mean, it is ridiculous...THE SPURS NEED TO TRADE THIS GUY ASAP for someone like Amare, for example - there has been discussions that the Spurs are on the run for Amare...Well, go get him, hopefully!

4. The 3-pt shooting was simply missing - the Nuggets did their job to shut down the Spurs-3pt shooting, eliminated Tim and Manu, and won the game...so, give them credit...

5. Pop is pretty much DONE - time to go, and give the coaching job to Avery Johnson, for example; Pop, my dear friend, the NBA figured you out already, and WE CANNOT BEAT ANY SERIOUS TEAM...HOW CAN YOU PLAY BLAIR ONLY FOR 10 MIN. Why? THE GUY WAS SIMPLY killing the Nuggets - 10 min., 10 pts., should he stayed more time in the game, we should've won it probably, despite the worse performance in ALL categories...YOU'VE GOTTA BE AN IDIOT to keep this guy in the bench for that long...

6. The MOST TROUBLING THING, THOUGH, is OUR TEAM DOES NOT BELIEVE they CAN BEAT anyone serious - look at the way Timmy and Manu are playing in the end of quarters - they play like we conceded the game already...THIS IS NOT SPURS MENTALITY - TIPICALLY, WE WERE/ARE THE TEAM controlling the important minutes in games, but now is JUST THE OPPOSITE - we are giving up in the important parts of the game, which is a CLEAR SIGN for a bad team that is going NOWHERE...

7. Dramatic changes are needed - if we CANNOT pull some trades to get some defensive players, and some interior guys, like Amare for example, AND START PLAYING SOME SOLID "D", YOU CAN WRITE THE SEASON OFF ALREADY...THERE WILL BE ANOTHER MISERABLE EXIT IN THE 1ST ROUND THIS YEAR...:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:

I want Avery J to take the coaching job and shake things up NOW!!!

Anyone to say anything???!!!:nope:nope:nope:

GO SPURS!!!

Spot on with everything you said..Pop has lost it and the big 3 are old and we have no one to take games over..

mexicanjunior
02-01-2010, 05:19 PM
It's only February...

Manu_Ginobili
02-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Just pray and hope that April won't be the same as February...

TJastal
02-02-2010, 06:27 PM
The reason Blair isn't playing many minutes anymore is so Bonner can "reacclimate" to playing. You can probably figure it will take the entire rodeo trip and many losses for this process to be completed.

Finley is starting to get minutes now as well, so Blair's minutes will probably be squeezed by this event too, and as Pop works Fin back into the rotation. Pop loves his "small ball w/ Finley as power forward lineup".

Rest assured, Pop will stick with family (Fin is the wife and Bonner the redheaded step child) even if it means the spurs missing the playoffs.

MaNu4Tres
02-02-2010, 06:31 PM
http://paradoxdesigns.org/goot/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/caps_lock.jpg

SenorSpur
02-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Rest assured, Pop will stick with family (Fin is the wife and Bonner the redheaded step child) even if it means the spurs missing the playoffs.

:lmao

poop
02-02-2010, 07:46 PM
The reason Blair isn't playing many minutes anymore is so Bonner can "reacclimate" to playing. You can probably figure it will take the entire rodeo trip and many losses for this process to be completed.

Finley is starting to get minutes now as well, so Blair's minutes will probably be squeezed by this event too, and as Pop works Fin back into the rotation. Pop loves his "small ball w/ Finley as power forward lineup".

its true. i said long ago the only reason Blair was getting minutes was cause Bonner and finley were both injured. now that they are back, RIP to blair/ian/ratliff/anyone else getting reasonable minutes.
and we will lose the same way as we did the last couple years. with bonner and finley trying to defend.

Manu_Ginobili
02-03-2010, 04:18 PM
maybe it is correct for Booner in general to get some minutes, however, the game vs. Denver was very important for the club, abd Blair had an oustanding game - he should've played at least 20 min. in that game

OldSilentHill
02-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Its an ugly loss indeed. This RRT is so important...

PS: Manu had poor percentage (like most of the last games) and 4 TO, but still wanted to pull the team and had 9 AST. Even I dont like +/- bullshit in NBA.com, he got +8 in a lost game, thatīs odd.