PDA

View Full Version : So Pop says.......

intothechaos
02-01-2010, 07:45 PM
That someones needs to step up and make some DAMN shots!! True, but someone needs to tell Pop to put a damn lineup out there that can play interior and perimeter Defense. Why is he mad? He's the damn coach and he should be trying everything and everyone on the roster. Like some of you say, we have 2 big men wasting away on the bench and Hairston as well. This is sickening. To have the likes of Bonner out there?ugh!!! And some of yall say he spreads the floor.pff not when he's missing shots and playing off him. It's time to see what the others can bring and see what they can do. Pop wake up DAMIT!!! :ihit

scottspurs
02-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Have a little patience it's a 82 game season. When this group figures it out they will not be stopped.

rayray2k8
02-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Why don't you go to the AT&T center and tell him yourself?

redskinfan
02-01-2010, 07:51 PM
he is insane, he wont try anything new until last week of season or final 2 games of a series when it's too late.

murpjf88
02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
That someones needs to step up and make some DAMN shots!! True, but someone needs to tell Pop to put a damn lineup out there that can play interior and perimeter Defense. Why is he mad? He's the damn coach and he should be trying everything and everyone on the roster. Like some of you say, we have 2 big men wasting away on the bench and Hairston as well. This is sickening. To have the likes of Bonner out there?ugh!!! And some of yall say he spreads the floor.pff not when he's missing shots and playing off him. It's time to see what the others can bring and see what they can do. Pop wake up DAMIT!!! :ihit

Who do you suggest he should bring in without uttering the words Malik or Ian.

jjktkk
02-01-2010, 09:30 PM

Why would you think that Pop isn't trying every kind of rotation, searching for the right chemistry? I take that Mahimni, and Ratliff the "2 big men wasting away on the bench, as well as Hairston. Sorry I don't see Mahimni and Ratliff as savoirs for the Spurs. Hairston does seem to have potential, but it will be hard for him to get meaningful minutes, due to the glut of guards/small forwards currently on the roster. I got a feeling Pop knows what hes doing and until I see what happens in the playoffs, I'll give Pop the benefit of the doubt.

tlongII
02-01-2010, 09:38 PM
It's only February!

Strike
02-01-2010, 09:43 PM
It's nearly the all-star break and there is no set rotation. This is getting ridiculous. Is it just me, or has the Spurs best stretch been while Bonner and Finley were out? Now that they're back, it seems to be back to the same shit as before. In my opinion, those two need to be out of the rotation almost entirely.

intothechaos
02-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Who do you suggest he should bring in without uttering the words Malik or Ian.

david robinson and rod strickland....oh wait. Dangit!!!

intothechaos
02-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Why would you think that Pop isn't trying every kind of rotation, searching for the right chemistry? I take that Mahimni, and Ratliff the "2 big men wasting away on the bench, as well as Hairston. Sorry I don't see Mahimni and Ratliff as savoirs for the Spurs. Hairston does seem to have potential, but it will be hard for him to get meaningful minutes, due to the glut of guards/small forwards currently on the roster. I got a feeling Pop knows what hes doing and until I see what happens in the playoffs, I'll give Pop the benefit of the doubt.

I am not saying they our SAVIOURS..... But they can bring inside help. Theo can block and intimidate the layup drills the spurs are allowing. And Ian is athletic enough to stay with athletic counterparts. Pop needs to realize that he might find positive results if he were to play those 3 a little more. Bonner has reached his limit and Finley,Manu and bogans aren't gonna find the sea of youth...they are swimming in the sea of sorrow, they are not gonna all of a sudden become faster and be defenders of their past selves. It's not gonna happen. So he should try some younger legs and see what happens....

My Fault
02-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Everybody is a professional head coach nowadays.

intothechaos
02-01-2010, 10:36 PM

The way he has been coaching, seems like anybody can be..... It's not MY FAULT, it's his....

tim_duncan_fan
02-01-2010, 10:56 PM

I've never understood notions like this. What purpose is served by being a fan of any team if you're not allowed to have ideas about what the team should do when it is struggling? Just a thought...

Anyway, if we continue on this path we're on and get into the postseason with no frickin center we are going to get our asses handed to us. All the elites have multiple big guys. The only big guy we have (well, the only one Pop is willing to play) is Duncan and he can't and shouldn't be expected to defend the paint alone. As great as he is, he's never done that, so it's no surprise that the interior D sucks with him being the only big man on the floor at any given moment.

We better implement Ratliff or Mahinmi. Otherwise, we'll get the same result we did last year.

Spurs = 2009-10 NBA Champs (if we make the necessary adjustments)

migs21
02-01-2010, 10:59 PM
intothechaos = 0 (zero) championship
gregg popovich = 4 championships

wait for the 5th championship banner this coming june 2010

dbestpro
02-01-2010, 11:11 PM
intothechaos = 0 (zero) championship
gregg popovich = 4 championships

wait for the 5th championship banner this coming june 2010

Pop without Duncan = o championships

Lets not forget where Pops bread is buttered. Remove Duncan and Pop becomes just another coach and maybe not that good of a coach at that.

CubanSucks
02-02-2010, 12:22 AM

Lets not forget where Pops bread is buttered. Remove Duncan and Pop becomes just another coach and maybe not that good of a coach at that.

Phil Jackson without Jordan and Pippen, Shaq and Kobe= 0 championships.

Doc Rivers without KG, Allen, Pierce= 0 championships and 1 season away from getting fired

any coach without a superstar (probably even without a future HoF)= 0 championship

Yourself and the OP= 0 championships

your post= retarded

migs21
02-02-2010, 01:11 AM

So pop has duncan now then spurs can win another championship...

draft87
02-02-2010, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by My Fault http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4046634#post4046634)

I've never understood notions like this. What purpose is served by being a fan of any team if you're not allowed to have ideas about what the team should do when it is struggling? Just a thought...

Good point but I don't think MyFault is saying the other guy can't have an opinion. The point is that some people take it too far, to a higher level where they foolishly believe that the job is better done by them than the professionals already at work. It's one thing to voice your opinion as a fan and another to think you're more than a fan with a good knowledge of the game.

TJastal
02-02-2010, 08:08 AM
It's nearly the all-star break and there is no set rotation. This is getting ridiculous. Is it just me, or has the Spurs best stretch been while Bonner and Finley were out? Now that they're back, it seems to be back to the same shit as before. In my opinion, those two need to be out of the rotation almost entirely.

+1

The spurs' 2nd unit was playing well before Bonner injured his hand but Blair has played even better in Bonner's absence. IMO Blair has earned the right to be the 3rd big off the bench and Bonner should be the 10-15 minute guy.

Finley should have been gone 2 years ago. That Pop is still playing him at all when young guys like Hairston can't even crack the rotation (and who could really give the team a boost) is just absolutely ludicrous.