PDA

View Full Version : Suns vs Hornets

Pelicans78
02-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Winner is in the 7th spot.

Pelicans78
02-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Not much defense being played early on. Nash and Collison have 4 assist each.

Pelicans78
02-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Wow, Collison with 7 assists already. Again, no defense being played.

Darthkiller
02-01-2010, 08:36 PM
another proof that collison > cp3

Pelicans78
02-01-2010, 08:37 PM
another proof that collison > cp3

Co-signed

Pelicans78
02-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Hornets need to sign a D-league PG after tonight's game. Can't have Thornton as the backup PG. Can't afford a veteran either because of the luxury tax.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-01-2010, 09:00 PM
This is some of the ugliest basketball I've ever watched.

Pelicans78
02-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Pathetic quarter. Hornets settling for too many jumpers. Need to attack the basket.

Pelicans78
02-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Can't believe they called a charge. Nash wasn't even in position or set. 4-point swing.

BRHornet45
02-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Can't believe they called a charge. Nash wasn't even in position or set. 4-point swing.

its called ... "blow the whistle in favor of the NBA's great white hype superstar no matter what"

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Idk how people enjoy watching a back and forth of each PG dribbling the air out of the ball looking for an assist while the other players just stand around and watch or set a pick. I guess I should be saying "Yay, the Suns are winning, this will go a long way towards clinching the 8th seed".

BRHornet45
02-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Idk how people enjoy watching a back and forth of each PG dribbling the air out of the ball looking for an assist while the other players just stand around and watch or set a pick. I guess I should be saying "Yay, the Suns are winning, this will go a long way towards clinching the 8th seed".

son I agree ... yes Collison dished out 18 assist the other night, but that is far from his game. I know he is only a rookie, but he has a LOT to learn. I haven't seen a more selfish point guard since Jannero Pargo. I knew for a fact on that last fast break that Collison wouldn't pass the ball. As a matter of fact, I can't think of ONE fast break all year long that he has passed the ball. Peja was running with him wide open with only Nash to guard both of them. Instead, Collison as usual tries to be the hero and turns the ball over.

At least both Paul and Nash get their teammates involved in ways that only a handful of point guards know how to do. Not to mention both of them can drop 20+ points every night.

ElNono
02-01-2010, 09:20 PM
its called ... "blow the whistle in favor of the NBA's great white hype superstar no matter what"

LOL, check this out:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4046406&postcount=4

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-01-2010, 09:25 PM
At least both Paul and Nash get their teammates involved in ways that only a handful of point guards know how to do.

IMO this isn't true. Point guards like Nash, Paul and D-Will do set teammates up for high percentage shots, but the ball is in their hands so often that their teammates never develop, and sometimes even lose the ability to play with the ball in their hands. Look at what happened to Jason Richardson since being traded to Phoenix. He used to be a 20 PPG who found ways to get to the rim and get himself high percentage shots. Now all he is is a camper who sits at the 3 point line and when he does get the ball he has no idea what to do with it. He either chucks it, turns it over, or plays hot potato with it.

Pelicans78
02-01-2010, 09:28 PM
pathetic performance

BRHornet45
02-01-2010, 09:31 PM
IMO this isn't true. Point guards like Nash, Paul and D-Will do set teammates up for high percentage shots, but the ball is in their hands so often that their teammates never develop, and sometimes even lose the ability to play with the ball in their hands. Look at what happened to Jason Richardson since being traded to Phoenix. He used to be a 20 PPG who found ways to get to the rim and get himself high percentage shots. Now all he is is a camper who sits at the 3 point line and when he does get the ball he has no idea what to do with it. He either chucks it, turns it over, or plays hot potato with it.

you can speak for Nash maybe, but Paul has made players better. he turned 14 point per game David West into a 2 time all star who drops 20+ points on a nightly basis and I can assure you that at least half of his points come from wide open looks created by Paul. Now of course West deserves some credit as well for knocking down the shots, but Paul is the reason West gets most of his wide open looks every game. Peja should have been all star material for the last 2 years as well because he gets more wide open looks thanks to Paul than ANYONE else on the team. but the problem with that is you just have to hope Peja can actually hit the rim on his shots now days lol.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-01-2010, 09:38 PM
you can speak for Nash maybe, but Paul has made players better. he turned 14 point per game David West into a 2 time all star who drops 20+ points on a nightly basis and I can assure you that at least half of his points come from wide open looks created by Paul. Now of course West deserves some credit as well for knocking down the shots, but Paul is the reason West gets most of his wide open looks every game. Peja should have been all star material for the last 2 years as well because he gets more wide open looks thanks to Paul than ANYONE else on the team. but the problem with that is you just have to hope Peja can actually hit the rim on his shots now days lol.

Paul makes players statistically better, but he doesn't make them better players. I have no doubt in my mind West's stats are because of Chris Paul, my point is that he personally doesn't develop as a player when all of his points come from shots created by Chris Paul.

Think of it this way. If a mother insists and doing her son's homework every night, she's obviously inflating his grades beyond what they should be, but at the same time she's making it impossible for him to ever know how to do homework on his own.

BRHornet45
02-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Paul makes players statistically better, but he doesn't make them better players. I have no doubt in my mind West's stats are because of Chris Paul, my point is that he personally doesn't develop as a player when all of his points come from shots created by Chris Paul.

Think of it this way. If a mother insists and doing her son's homework every night, she's obviously inflating his grades beyond what they should be, but at the same time she's making it impossible for him to ever know how to do homework on his own.

some truth to that, but you have to consider what Paul has to work with. David West is the second best player on the team and isn't much to brag about. there is a reason why West received next to no NBA scouting attention and spent all 4 years in college before finally being drafted late in the 1st round after his senior year. West never would have developed into anything more than a 12-15 point per game, undersized power forward who plays little defense.

what Paul has done for West is tremendous. took him from an average player to all star material. again West deserves a lot of credit, but Paul is the reason he is at the level he is.

BRHornet45
02-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Marcus Thornton has far exceeded the expectations set for a mid 2nd round pick. I can't believe so many teams passed on him.

Darthkiller
02-01-2010, 10:18 PM
why isnt thornton on the rookie team

BRHornet45
02-01-2010, 10:20 PM
great effort to come back, but not enough talent on the floor to complete the job.

Pelicans78
02-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Game over. Another bad home loss. Suns were exhausted from night before and still outplayed us.

BRHornet45
02-01-2010, 10:21 PM
why isnt thornton on the rookie team

good question. dude is putting up nearly 11 points per game and is improving on a weekly basis.

BRHornet45
02-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Game over. Another bad home loss. Suns were exhausted from night before and still outplayed us.

It was a great effort at the end by SOME ... but as usual, West ruins the momentum we had by committing idiotic fouls.

Ghazi
02-01-2010, 10:22 PM
:lol Hornets

Pelicans78
02-01-2010, 10:24 PM
It was a great effort at the end by SOME ... but as usual, West ruins the momentum we had by committing idiotic fouls.

The whole team sucked in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Pathetic effort with bad shot selection, poor defense.

Pelicans78
02-01-2010, 10:26 PM
:lol hornets

53-46

BRHornet45
02-01-2010, 10:27 PM
The whole team sucked in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Pathetic effort with bad shot selection, poor defense.

that's going to be an ongoing problem with Collison and his "shoot first" mentality running the point. I am glad that Bower at least caught on and took Collison off of running the offense in the 4th. did you notice that? Posey ran the offense for most of the 4th.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-01-2010, 10:31 PM
some truth to that, but you have to consider what Paul has to work with. David West is the second best player on the team and isn't much to brag about. there is a reason why West received next to no NBA scouting attention and spent all 4 years in college before finally being drafted late in the 1st round after his senior year. West never would have developed into anything more than a 12-15 point per game, undersized power forward who plays little defense.

what Paul has done for West is tremendous. took him from an average player to all star material. again West deserves a lot of credit, but Paul is the reason he is at the level he is.

I'll agree that West would have never really developed into anything had he had the ball in his hands more often, but the guy I really think Paul hurts the development of is Julian Wright. He has the talent to be a good off the dribble threat.

pauls931
02-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Suns fans, lets say we pool our money and buy JRich some glasses?

BRHornet45
02-01-2010, 10:33 PM
I'll agree that West would have never really developed into anything had he had the ball in his hands more often, but the guy I really think Paul hurts the development of is Julian Wright. He has the talent to be a good off the dribble threat.

wow really? you must not follow the Hornets much man ... the reason that Julian Wright is in his 3rd season, but still looks like a rookie is 100% because of Byron Scott. Julian was never given a fair chance to play in his first 2 and a half years because Scott was never a fan of his. He used the excuse that he preferred the veteran players over him, but even in blowout games when Julian was finally given a chance to play, if he made ONE bonehead mistake Scott would pull him. As far as I'm concerned, this is Julian's rookie season lol.

Pelicans78
02-01-2010, 10:40 PM
We need a backup PG. The offense stalled in the 2nd when Thornton took over.

Also Thornton, Songalia, and Posey settled for too many jumpers early on which allowed Phoenix to get easy possessions.

da_suns_fan
02-01-2010, 10:48 PM
HOrnets played with a ton of heart down the stretch. The Suns nearly blew a 20 point lead for the umpteenth time this season.

Two huge buckets by Grant Hill down the stretch and Jared Dudley is a freaking STUD. God, I wish Amare had this guy's IQ.

da_suns_fan
02-01-2010, 10:48 PM
HOrnets played with a ton of heart down the stretch. The Suns nearly blew a 20 point lead for the umpteenth time this season.

Two huge buckets by Grant Hill down the stretch and Jared Dudley is a freaking STUD. God, I wish Amare had this guy's IQ.

pauls931
02-01-2010, 10:50 PM

Amare does have an IQ. The problem is you can't measure it, you have to dig for it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-01-2010, 10:53 PM
wow really? you must not follow the Hornets much man ... the reason that Julian Wright is in his 3rd season, but still looks like a rookie is 100% because of Byron Scott. Julian was never given a fair chance to play in his first 2 and a half years because Scott was never a fan of his. He used the excuse that he preferred the veteran players over him, but even in blowout games when Julian was finally given a chance to play, if he made ONE bonehead mistake Scott would pull him. As far as I'm concerned, this is Julian's rookie season lol.

True Byron Scott was a huge problem because he made it even harder for players to get experience with the ball in their hands. I'm not singling out CP3 or anything, just my view that when a player has the ball in his hands 90% of the time, it's hard for the other players to ever get better.

redzero
02-01-2010, 10:54 PM
For the record, this is all David West's fault.

BRHornet45
02-01-2010, 10:58 PM
True Byron Scott was a huge problem because he made it even harder for players to get experience with the ball in their hands. I'm not singling out CP3 or anything, just my view that when a player has the ball in his hands 90% of the time, it's hard for the other players to ever get better.

Paul doesn't have the ball in his hands 90% of the time though. Its hilarious how something fucking GHAZI said months ago has stuck on here lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Paul doesn't have the ball in his hands 90% of the time though. Its hilarious how something fucking GHAZI said months ago has stuck on here lol

I was using hyperbole. For the most part, paul has scrubs on his team and needs to have the ball as much as he does. When a player like Nash holds onto the ball until there are 5 seconds left on the shot clock and then passes it to J-Rich, it's going to cause J-Rich to panic and make a stupid decision with the ball so he's scared the next time he gets the ball.

tomtom
02-01-2010, 11:04 PM
That Thorton kid is suprising