PDA

View Full Version : If This Is It, Then Let's Go Down Swinging.

Silver&Black Warrior
02-01-2010, 11:38 PM
This is a thought that has been in my mind the last few days. I am now seriously considering the possibility that our run of greatness has come to an end. With that in mind, I feel that it would only be fitting for this franchise, for this organization, that has meant so much to our beautiful city, to so many across the world, and is everything that the NBA, David Stern and big business is not, to go out in nothing less than climactic and apocalyptic fashion.

If someone comes down the lane, then their face is going into the ground.

If we can't get the rebound, then someone's getting a knee in the groin.

If someone tries to throw it down and get on SportsCenter, then they're getting low bridged.

If we can't get the loose ball, then they're getting an elbow to the ribs.

If we can't throw it in the ocean, clear it out and give it to Manu.

If they are on a 10 point run, give them the forearm shiver.

If we're not going to win the God Damn game... Well, someone's going to the hospital that night.

Even if these things result in flagrants and ejections then it will all be worth it to let them know that this is San Antonio. That this is 210.

I know all will not share these sentiments. But part of the simplistic beauty and freedom of the internet is to be able to have your passions voiced in raw, potent, uncensored display. How often do we to get to enjoy such absolute self-expression???

Whatever the end result of this season may be, I just hope that our product on the court projects the very essence of who we are and our imprint on the world of sports and business: Warriors, Gladiators, Soldiers, Revolutionaries, Non-Comformists, Martyrs, Underdogs. I hope that whatever we leave on the court pays tribute to the hard working, gritty, blue-collar spirit that so much embodies our city and our people.

Until the end. Until Death. Until the END OF TIME. I will always say :flag:. :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

DPG21920
02-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Puro.

Sean Cagney
02-01-2010, 11:42 PM
How are we going to go down swining or motivate them on a message board? We can get hype and post all we want to, the team is the ones who need to wake up though.

BTW I get what you are saying, but I don't see it right now with this team. I feel they are upset and want to win and are going to play better soon, but right now they are going out in a whimper.

DxB
02-02-2010, 09:11 AM
I agree with you on every level. Im starting to lose my faith in this team too, but now we're not only losing, we're fucking SOFT! That can NEVER happen... so I say beat em down!

JR3
02-02-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm a little confused. So this team needs to go out playing dirty like JASON TERRY, THE PISTONS OF OLD, KARL MALONE!? That would be "fitting for this franchise"? I think Mr. Robinson + everyone with a retired Spurs jersey would disagree. But I know you are just blowing steam. I'm upset with our play too. It's killing me.

sananspursfan21
02-02-2010, 11:43 AM
i agree with all that but the knee to the groin thing. that's too harsh

lil_penny
02-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Can you guys wait until after the blazer game on Thursday for all this? We have enough injuries as it is, last thing I want is blair ripping one of our players arms off

Silver&Black Warrior
02-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Can you guys wait until after the blazer game on Thursday for all this? We have enough injuries as it is, last thing I want is blair ripping one of our players arms off

Sure thing!!! :rollin :lmao :toast

admiralsnackbar
02-02-2010, 12:39 PM
If our fate is cast (which I'm not entirely sold on yet), isn't it better to go out with a whimper and draft well this summer?

pawe
02-02-2010, 01:50 PM
better way to go is when the playoff comes and the Spurs are playing against the Lakers, I say take it to 7 games, a lot of overtimes and tire them out for the next opponent. If you're gonna go down, go down swinging.

SpurNation
02-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Play hard...don't stop...don't quit...but by no means should they resort to a level not worthy of being a Spur.

Cheap shots are for Jason Terry.

in2deep
02-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm split betwen a forearm shiver or an elbow to the ribcage

austinlakepirate
02-02-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure we need go dirty and try to emulate the 1987 Pistons.

But it would be nice to see some passion out on the court. More often than not, our boys just seem to be going through the paces out there.

jason1301
02-02-2010, 08:26 PM
I am fine with playing physical but we don't have the bodies to do it...

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM
This is a thought that has been in my mind the last few days. I am now seriously considering the possibility that our run of greatness has come to an end. With that in mind, I feel that it would only be fitting for this franchise, for this organization, that has meant so much to our beautiful city, to so many across the world, and is everything that the NBA, David Stern and big business is not, to go out in nothing less than climactic and apocalyptic fashion.

If someone tries to throw it down and get on SportsCenter, then they're getting low bridged.

If we're not going to win the God Damn game... Well, someone's going to the hospital that night.

Even if these things result in flagrants and ejections then it will all be worth it to let them know that this is San Antonio. That this is 210.

I know all will not share these sentiments. But part of the simplistic beauty and freedom of the internet is to be able to have your passions voiced in raw, potent, uncensored display. How often do we to get to enjoy such absolute self-expression???

Whatever the end result of this season may be, I just hope that our product on the court projects the very essence of who we are and our imprint on the world of sports and business: Warriors, Gladiators, Soldiers, Revolutionaries, Non-Comformists, Martyrs, Underdogs. I hope that whatever we leave on the court pays tribute to the hard working, gritty, blue-collar spirit that so much embodies our city and our people.

Until the end. Until Death. Until the END OF TIME. I will always say :flag:. :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

So basically, turn into this team?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HvnrtGqYrfY/Ryl9fCN5VnI/AAAAAAAAAtk/JVVwyQxIsp4/s400/Jerome%2BJames.jpg

http://lowposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/danny-fortson.jpg

I'd rather see them learn to stay in front of their man and maybe have a couple of the guards hit a jump shot every once in a while.

Dingle Barry
02-02-2010, 11:22 PM
So basically, turn into this team?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HvnrtGqYrfY/Ryl9fCN5VnI/AAAAAAAAAtk/JVVwyQxIsp4/s400/Jerome%2BJames.jpg

http://lowposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/danny-fortson.jpg

I'd rather see them learn to stay in front of their man and maybe have a couple of the guards hit a jump shot every once in a while.That Sonics team is exactly what the OP made me think of. Fucking Big Snacks.

Chieflion
02-02-2010, 11:23 PM
The description of the 2008 Boston Celtics?

Silver&Black Warrior
02-09-2010, 01:11 AM
I have taken the liberty to reiterate what was originally posted here in relation to tonight's game. Thank you.

Silver&Black Warrior
02-09-2010, 01:16 AM

DMX7
02-09-2010, 01:17 AM
I rather have a high draft pick.

Stringer_Bell
02-09-2010, 01:28 AM
No. The Spurs will never sink that low.

I wish they had the kind of toughness you see from the Celtics 80% of the time...the kind of "give them nothing, but take everything" approach that is needed for a group like this to survive in the league. The 1st Qtr tonight was good in that we kept our heads above water, but it's like the Spurs expect the other team to back off and it never happens. WTF?!

ElNono
02-09-2010, 01:31 AM
We don't have the balls to go down swinging...

easy7
02-09-2010, 01:31 AM
You can't go out swinging when you get knocked the f-out. :sleep

jdev82
02-09-2010, 02:09 AM

i think i love you.

finally a spurs fan who loves playing like it was still the nineties.

phxspurfan
02-09-2010, 02:11 AM
I'm sorry but this thread is stupid. The Spurs aren't doing anything of the sort, and judging by the one game I saw in person (a one point, TD layup to win the game I might add), neither are the fans. I was just about the only one yelling in my section.

raspsa
02-09-2010, 04:46 AM
OK with me..oh, wait a minute, I thought you meant "go down swigging"..