PDA

View Full Version : Question for Lakerfans

mystargtr34
02-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Serious question, no trash talking. I was thinking about this one recently. If you could swap back Trevor Ariza for Ron Artest, would you do it? Rocketfan can chime in aswell, who would you rather have on your team

Both have been pretty underwhelming on their new teams. Ariza has struggled to be a go-to-guy for Houston, being forced to do more than he is capable of. Although he has shown how valuable he can be as a 3rd/4th option role player. Artest hasnt really been that defensive stopper the Lakers thought they were getting, and struggled offensively. He has given them some toughness though.

I think its a legitimate question, and im interested to hear Lakerfans response.

EDIT - I mean before the season, as in both teams went into this season the same. Lakers with Ariza, Rockets with Artest.

Def Rowe
02-02-2010, 12:25 AM
I'd do the swap again in a heartbeat. Artest ain't perfect, but he still is an upgrade over Trevor.

edited for clarity

IronMexican
02-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Before the season, yes, I would.

More than halfway through it, no I would not. Ariza has been very underwhelming and Ron is playing well.

However, Ariza is 6 years younger, but does have a serious injury problem in the past.

Allanon
02-02-2010, 12:26 AM
No I wouldn't.

The Lakers will need Artest for LeBron, Paul Pierce, Melo in the Playoffs.

Overall, I think Artest has been a "B+" or "B" addition to the Lakers.

djohn2oo8
02-02-2010, 12:27 AM
no, because it is clear this is a rebuilding year anyway, and makes sense. The only problem for the Lakers is Artest has lost a step or 2 on defense

mystargtr34
02-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Before the season, yes, I would.

More than halfway through it, no I would not. Ariza has been very underwhelming and Ron is playing well.

However, Ariza is 6 years younger, but does have a serious injury problem in the past.

I ment before yea, i edited the OP.

mystargtr34
02-02-2010, 12:31 AM
I'd do the swap again in a heartbeat.
Swap them back, or the original swap :lol?

Def Rowe
02-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Swap them back, or the original swap :lol?

No, not swap them back, I prefer Artest overall.

IronMexican
02-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Not knowing what I know now, I'd prefer Ariza.

Def Rowe
02-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Not knowing what I know now, I'd prefer Ariza.

:lol

23LeBronJames23
02-02-2010, 12:40 AM
No I wouldn't.

The Lakers will need Artest for LeBron, Paul Pierce, Melo in the Playoffs.

Overall, I think Artest has been a "B+" or "B" addition to the Lakers.

:lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin :lmao

cobbler
02-02-2010, 12:46 AM
I keep the trade. No different than i thought when it happened. Long term I would have kept Ariza. Short term I keep Ron. He definetly adds toughness to the Lakers. Their offensive output has been fairly similar for the Lakers. Trevor was quicker and defended the passing lanes better. Ron wears his opponent down a lot more than Trevor ever did.

I'll keep Ron.

j.dizzle
02-02-2010, 12:52 AM
Ron Ron >>> Ariza..Hes been beasting ever since he started doing more treatment for his feet & his headaches are almost gone from his concussion haha

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 01:40 AM
Ariza is a better help defender and was the quintessential offensive triangle roleplayer. Ron still hasn't gotten the offense while Ariza picked it up almost immediately.

Ron is clearly the better man defender. Much, much stronger. Phil already plays him more minutes than he did Ariza.

Right now for this season Ron is the better player and his impact in guarding the bigger SFs is more crucial than Ariza's superior triangle execution. I'm not sure for how long it stays that way. It depends on how Ron ages.

So yeah, keep Ron.

Danny.Zhu
02-02-2010, 06:18 AM
I think both team got what they need.