PDA

View Full Version : Splitter sidelined by ankle injury

will_spurs
02-02-2010, 06:15 AM
http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/66301/180

Euroleague.net - Monday, February 01, 2010

Caja Laboral: Splitter sidelined by ankle injury

All-Euroleague center Tiago Splitter of Caja Laboral will be sidelined for two weeks due to an ankle injury, the club announced Monday. Splitter suffered the injury midway through a Spanish League game against Meridiano Alicante on Sunday. He left the game was not able to help his team in the second half. Further research confirmed a bone bruise in his left ankle and Laboral has opted for conservative treatment. Accordingly, Splitter will miss his team's next two Euroleague games against Cibona and BC Khimki Moscow Region, but should be back to help Laboral in the upcoming Spanish King's Cup final eight in mid-February. Splitter, an All-Euroleague second team selection last season and first team in 2008, has averaged 13.4 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2 assists in 11 Euroleague games this season. Splitter was one of the five players - along with Carl English, Mirza Teletovic, Pau Ribas and Fernando San Emeterio – to take part in all their team’s Euroleague games so far this season.

timvp
02-02-2010, 06:17 AM
Good find.

Perhaps Splitter will realize that a basketball career is a fragile thing and decide to jump to the NBA to realize his dream before it is too late :smokin

exstatic
02-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Good find.

Perhaps Splitter will realize that a basketball career is a fragile thing and decide to jump to the NBA to realize his dream before it is too late :smokin

Or perhaps he'll jump to the NBA and be just another player to torture us by playing for his NT every damn year and shortening his career.

TJastal
02-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Or perhaps he'll jump to the NBA and be just another player to torture us by playing for his NT every damn year and shortening his career.

+1

I'm in no way, shape or form counting on this guy even if he decides to make the jump to the pros. Like most European players, it's going to take a good year or two to adjust to the NBA, and I'm betting Splitter will be no different. Some of them never quite make the initial adjustment.

I'd much rather invest the time in Ian Mahinmi, who IMO is much more suited to the NBA game because of his superior athletic ability. The kid looks like he's packed on muscle since his first few years in the league, and doesn't look as skinny as he used to be. He could be a Theo Ratliff type IMO but with much better offense.

Bruno
02-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Splitter has often these little injuries. It's my main concern about him given the crazy NBA schedule.

SenorSpur
02-02-2010, 10:07 AM
+1

I'm in no way, shape or form counting on this guy even if he decides to make the jump to the pros. Like most European players, it's going to take a good year or two to adjust to the NBA, and I'm betting Splitter will be no different. Some of them never quite make the initial adjustment.

I'd much rather invest the time in Ian Mahinmi, who IMO is much more suited to the NBA game because of his superior athletic ability. The kid looks like he's packed on muscle since his first few years in the league, and doesn't look as skinny as he used to be. He could be a Theo Ratliff type IMO but with much better offense.

Amen, amen & amen - again. :tu

Outside of RJ and Hill, this team is still lacking athleticism - especially along the frontline. Very limited shotblocking and interior defense.

The Spurs are in no position to simply "throw away" a young big like Ian. They're doing both him and themselves a disservice by allowing him to rot away on the bench for ths season.

temujin
02-02-2010, 10:27 AM
I hope Splitter will decide to stay in Europe, so we can witness his talent live.

And the smartest among Spurs fans can stay happy and prosperous about the awesome sights of Ratcliff and Mahinmi watching (while being payed), as well as Bonner and papa McDyess playing.

These are the folks that are truely loyal to the Spurs organization.

PS. Not that they have much choice but be loyal....

temujin
02-02-2010, 10:31 AM
+1

Here he comes.

As one of my coaches used to say: "Too bad basketBALL is actually played with a ball."

Chomag
02-02-2010, 10:53 AM
+1

Agreed! To bad we will never find out about Ian untill he gets to play on another team when he can tears up our old, slow, and unathletic front line.

Whats is even more sad is that this team realy is not in anyway in the position to throw away a young authletic big man, besides what Pop might think.

DAF86
02-02-2010, 02:23 PM

+1

I'd much rather invest the time in Ian Mahinmi.

You know Ian is French right?

DAF86
02-02-2010, 02:27 PM

So you would rather have a less talented guy that doesn't play for his NT?