PDA

View Full Version : 48MoH: Shaking the Roster Up

Blackjack
02-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Shaking the Roster Up
by Timothy Varner

The good folks at Elias Sports Burea are in the business of providing perspective. According to Elias, the Spurs are 3-9 against teams with a .600 or better record. The only Western Conference teams that are worse than the Spurs against said opponents are the Warriors, Timberwolves, Clippers and Kings. League-wide, teams beat .600 teams .329 of the time. To say the Spurs struggle against good teams is putting it gently.

Making matters worse, San Antonio has played 62 percent of its games at home this season. That percentage leads the league, but will quickly race toward the center as the Spurs launch into their annual Rodeo Road Trip.

Let me try this a different way. During Sunday’s telecast, Hubie Brown said the Spurs, or any Western conference team for that matter, should only measure themselves against one question: can they beat the Lakers four out of seven times, and while spotting Kobe’s squad homecourt advantage?

From where I sit, the answer is clearly ‘no’.

Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2010/02/02/shaking-the-roster-up/)

Chomag
02-02-2010, 12:52 PM
"The only Western Conference teams that are worse than the Spurs against said opponents are the Warriors, Timberwolves, Clippers and Kings. League-wide, teams beat .600 teams .329 of the time."

:vomit:

Trimble87
02-02-2010, 01:03 PM
As usual great stuff from 48MOH. How these guys can make trading for Amare and Maggette sound so appealing is beyond me.

I'm going to stick with the wait and see approach. The next month should be interesting.

ffadicted
02-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Uses a lot of words to say what everybody already knows lol

What people have to understand is that the spurs aren't gonna get an impact player without giving up an impact player. So basically you're trading for the same situation, except a guy who has no idea what our system is like. People are failing to see how important Manu and Tony are to the spurs, especially Manu. I know everybody thinks I'm biased when it comes to Manu, but you have to understand if the guy gets his shot back (everybody goes on slumps, and Manu is known to come through when it matters), there's no one I'd rather have here that we could potentially get in a trade.

We already traded for an impact player, difference maker this offseason, and that hasn't turned out as well as we'd hoped. So we risk doing that again and completely fucking up TD's last years? I'd much rather roll the dice on manu's shot then on someone else coming in here and giving us as much as he does in the playoffs with only half a year under the spurs system. Our roster is fine, we just have to start playing like it. Even if god forbid we don't win a title this year, it doesn't have to be a complete failure of a season, it'll give us an extra year with the same core.

And why are we talking about rebuilding AND going all out in the TD era at the same time? That just doesn't work, it's one or the other, you can't have both without magic lol

5in10
02-02-2010, 01:44 PM
As usual great stuff from 48MOH. How these guys can make trading for Amare and Maggette sound so appealing is beyond me.

I'm going to stick with the wait and see approach. The next month should be interesting.

Perfectly said.

mountainballer
02-02-2010, 01:50 PM
sign me in here.
what do we want?
currently this team is a borderline PO team, if they make the PO, they will meet Lakers, Nuggets or Mavs in the 1st round and out.
if things start to go better - health, chemistry, defense - Spurs are still not the sure fire conference finalist to play the Lakers there. a 2nd round out is more likely. and if they somehow make the CF, they will get destroyed by the Lakers like 2008.
if the goal is to at least make the CF and play at least a tough series, they will need the mentioned trade. ADDITIONAL to the mentioned health, chemistry, defense improvement.
either a blockbuster for an all star / borderline all-star caliber, or 2 trades for 2 quality players.

scenario a will cost Manu, a pick, Blair or Hill, the Splitter rights.
scenario b might be possible with expirings, a pick and/or Splitter rights.
in a perfect world this trade is designed around RJ, which means taking back even longer contracts. (Maggette or Hamilton for example)

in2deep
02-02-2010, 01:56 PM
The good folks at Elias Sports Burea are in the business of providing perspective. According to Elias, the Spurs are 3-9 against teams with a .600 or better record.

it's worse than that. out of those 3 loses, 1 is to the Kobe + gasol less lakers. and 1 to the mavs at the begining of the season, mavs lost that game on their own.

That leaves us with 1 win vs. 60% teams. Atlanta. we are 1-9 vs good teams

Chomag
02-02-2010, 02:00 PM
sign me in here.
what do we want?
currently this team is a borderline PO team, if they make the PO, they will meet Lakers, Nuggets or Mavs in the 1st round and out.
if things start to go better - health, chemistry, defense - Spurs are still not the sure fire conference finalist to play the Lakers there. a 2nd round out is more likely. and if they somehow make the CF, they will get destroyed by the Lakers like 2008.
if the goal is to at least make the CF and play at least a tough series, they will need the mentioned trade. ADDITIONAL to the mentioned health, chemistry, defense improvement.
either a blockbuster for an all star / borderline all-star caliber, or 2 trades for 2 quality players.

scenario a will cost Manu, a pick, Blair or Hill, the Splitter rights.
scenario b might be possible with expirings, a pick and/or Splitter rights.
in a perfect world this trade is designed around RJ, which means taking back even longer contracts. (Maggette or Hamilton for example)

Damn, it's not only RJ's lack of play that is hurting the Spurs. His whole unmovable bad contract seems to be screwing the Spurs even more then his lack of play ever could.

IF only RJ would be what he was brought in here to be. Now Spurs might have to break up some of the core(Manu,ect) to stay a float just becuase they can not move RJ or get the contributon needed.:depressed

5in10
02-02-2010, 02:04 PM
I Like the first scenario where we trade expirings for magette and Randolph, I would hope they would cut at least one of them so they could return or thrown in Anthony morrow as well.

Allanon
02-02-2010, 02:30 PM
I think getting Stoudemire would be great for the Spurs and for Tim Duncan in particular. Getting a dynamic scoring big like Amare would do wonders for extending Timmy's career.

The Corey Maggette trade I think would be Dick Jefferson 2.0. Corey can't shoot the 3 ball and he likes to drive the lanes just like Tony Parker and RJ.

With both Maggette and Dick on the floor at the same time, it's going to get even uglier...no shooters on the floor for spacing and everybody wants to play in the paint.

Main players
Duncan (best in the paint)
Tony (best in the paint)
Dick (best in the paint)
Corey (best in the paint, can't shoot 3's)

Manu...the only one of the bunch that can hit the 3 pointer and even he likes sniffing the paint

Bruno
02-02-2010, 02:40 PM
This blog entry is hoopsworld worthy.

And Laker fan is damn stupid.

Allanon
02-02-2010, 02:41 PM
And Laker fan is damn stupid.

Whatever, dick.

Bruno
02-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Whatever, dick.

Yep, whatever...

Just stop talking about a franchise you know nothing about.

Go back to the NBA forum starting some LOL thread.

Allanon
02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Yep, whatever...

Just stop talking about a franchise you know nothing about.

Go back to the NBA forum starting some LOL thread.

You're stupid as usual, Bruno.

I have NEVER created a "lol thread" and I only participate in "lol Laker" threads.

And I post where I want. Thanks.

Bruno
02-02-2010, 02:49 PM
You're stupid as usual, Bruno.

I have NEVER created a "lol thread" and I only participate in "lol Laker" threads.

And I post where I want. Thanks.

Fine continue to troll this board.
With guys like you, maybe this forum will become as bad a the NBA one.

Allanon
02-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Fine continue to troll this board.
With guys like you, maybe this forum will become as bad a the NBA one.

Where am I trolling?

You're the one jumping in acting like a dick.

Bruno
02-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Where am I trolling?

You're the one jumping in acting like a dick.

It's sure that going on a Spurs' message board and insult Spurs' players isn't trolling...

And you call me stupid. :rolleyes

Allanon
02-02-2010, 02:52 PM
It's sure that going on a Spurs' message board and insult Spurs' players isn't trolling...

Again, I ask you where do I do this?

When do I EVER insult Spur fans without them calling me out first?

Look in this thread, you just straight up called me "stupid" in your first post.

If you can find ANY post where I start shit with Spurfan first, I will apologize and not post in the Spurs side of the forum anymore. Aside from "Spurs vs Laker" games trashtalk of course.

Bruno
02-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Again, I ask you where do I do this?

When do I EVER insult Spur fans without them calling me out first?

Look in this thread, you just straight up called me "stupid" in your first post.

If you can find ANY post where I start shit with Spurfan first, I will apologize and not post in the Spurs side of the forum anymore. Aside from "Spurs vs Laker" games trashtalk of course.

Read better, genius, Spurs' player =! Spurs' fans.

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't think Allanon is a pure troll or an asshole or anything, but he IS stupid, that's for sure..if you need any proof, go over to the NBA forum and look at his posts about anything Kobe-related..

Example #1, when comparing Lebron to Kobe's supporting cast, Allanon has been quoted as saying the current version of Shaquille O'Neal is just as good as Dwight Howard..LOL..

Trimble87
02-02-2010, 03:39 PM
I cant comment on previous posts or trends. But Allanons post here was nothing but his thoughts on the topic. He did not in any way bash the spurs or the spurs fans. Bruno, imho, went way over the top here.

Bruno
02-02-2010, 03:42 PM
I cant comment on previous posts or trends. But Allanons post here was nothing but his thoughts on the topic. He did not in any way bash the spurs or the spurs fans. Bruno, imho, went way over the top here.

Look at how he called RJ.

johnnyblues
02-02-2010, 03:47 PM
http://photos.commongate.com/11/38441_7dtr2scy8f_l.jpg

Trimble87
02-02-2010, 03:50 PM
He says he isnt a good outside shooter and he prefers driving the lanes, as does Maggette, and that the two of them wouldn't work well together on the floor.

I wouldnt call that bashing him.... especially considering how bad Jefferson has been this year. :depressed

Sobe_Kucks
02-02-2010, 03:55 PM
People are failing to see how important Manu and Tony are to the spurs, especially Manu. I know everybody thinks I'm biased when it comes to Manu, but you have to understand if the guy gets his shot back (everybody goes on slumps, and Manu is known to come through when it matters), there's no one I'd rather have here that we could potentially get in a trade.

+1 Yep ur the biggest Manu supporter on this board but you have a very solid point when it comes to #20. Not to mention Manu's energy, even when his shots aren't falling, is sorely needed on this team. Imagine this team without his energy. More times than not, you see the current Spurs team "lifeless" on the court and going through the motions for spells wihtout any energy.

The Altanta game was some of the Spurs best ball. I have to wonder if that had to do with the team being inspired by all the negative trade talk about Manu for Stoudemire. Something got into them. Makes you wonder what the lockeroom would be like if Manu was traded. Whoever showed up here would have the pressure of the world on their shoulders and a bullseye on their chest. "We're expecting a lot, we gave up a lot for you" would be an everyday qoute in practice. If we give up one of our most beloved Spurs (who even speaks Spanish!:lol) for a star who doesn't produce (think RJ); the team could melt down, of course this board would melt down too! I don't like the thought of Manu leaving, especially midseason. COuld do much more harm than good chemistry wise.

bless1187
02-02-2010, 03:59 PM
interesting article... but i don't think a role player is going to fix the Spurs problem this year... If you compare this year Spurs team to the Spurs team in the past, this is one of the most talented supporting cast for the "BIG 3"; the problem isn't R. Jefferson, A. McDyess, etc... the truth is that our "BIG 3" is no longer good enough, same thing could be said about the Celtics too... "and that's why they are exploring trading R. Allen"; i am 100% supportive of exploring to trade M. Ginobili, if you look at it with our current "BIG 3", its just going to go down hills from here.

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2010, 04:01 PM
I really don't buy the notion that this Spurs team is the "most talented" supporting cast..maybe offensively, but certainly not defensively, which is half the game..Jefferson, Mason, Bonner, Finley, McDyess and Blair are all average or worse defenders..

The big 3 certainly isn't as good as they once were, but their jobs would be a lot easier if the Spurs could stop some teams from scoring once in a while..

bless1187
02-02-2010, 04:19 PM
the thing that worries me about who ever we bring to this Spurs' team is that, lets say we bring in an R. Gay, A. Iguodala, etc... I have a feeling that they are going to also struggle on this current Spurs team playing along T. Parker.

hater
02-02-2010, 04:22 PM

just because Allanon doesn't understand basketball and is a lakerfan (what a coincidence :)) doesn't mean he is a troll. :rolleyes

SCdac
02-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Great article by these guys as always... I agree that we shouldn't be targeting a guy who himself is in a decline (Tayshaun). On paper Prince would be a good fit, but it'd probably be a high risk-medium reward lateral trade. Maggette and Randolph would potentially be ok, but Maggettes's contract is bloated, Randolph I believe is done for the year, and it probably would be a "goodbye" to Ginobili, which I'm def not in favor of. Anthony Randolph on the Spurs would be awesome, but for some reason he doesn't strike me as a Popovich-friendly player. IDK I could be wrong.

There is truth to the notion that bringing in another impact player only messes with the team’s chemistry. I get that. I’ve made the point elsewhere. It’s a dangerous roll of the dice. But at this point–at the point of consistently losing to good teams–the position that says hold steady is just as dangerous, if not more so.

this I definitely agree with... At this point a trade may not be just a light gamble, depending on the next two weeks outcome, it maybe a necessity.

I'd like to see the Spurs target a player from the (probably) rebuilding Wizards, and not necessarily just Haywood. Mike Miller's expiring contract is worth almost 10 million, and I wouldn't mind dealing for him at the cost our own expirers (if we could get McGee or Oberto in the deal even better). Despite Miller approaching 30, he's 6'8, has long arms and can rebound well, is a former 6MOY, and is generally a versatile player. Defensively, he's not the answer to any of our problems, but he's going nowhere in Washington and we could use guys who, unlike Jefferson, can create for others and play off the ball well.

ffadicted
02-02-2010, 05:23 PM
lol I have to stand up for Allanon here, he's def not a troll and knows he's shit about bball most of the time. I actually agree with what he said about the magette situation, we'd have no perimeter shooters at all

phxspurfan
02-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Any trade involving Manu right now would be buy high sell low. And thus, regardless of the contract situation, very risky and stupid.

I say we roll with who we have and see if we can get everyone healthy and playing right together. It always looks worst when you're in the middle of the storm but that doesn't mean you give up only to start over again (building chemistry).

02-02-2010, 05:34 PM
lakertrolls love to subtly substitute jefferson with "dick." that's when they insult spurs players, which allanon did first. therefore, bruno was justified in attacking allanon. that shit may fly in the nba forum but won't be tolerated in the spurs forum.

bless1187
02-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Regarding Manu Ginobili:

1.) i really believe his best days are over, and has lost a few steps. he'll have his occasional 20-30 points game when his jump shot is falling; he really lost some of his quickness and thats why he can't get to the rack and finish like the way he has before. I think from now on it's just going to be downhill for Manu Ginobili with each coming seasons.

2.) let's say we don't trade Manu Ginobili and stay with him till the end of the season... do we resign him, since if we don't he's just going to walk for free. And if we resign him, he's just going to be one year older than he was this season and one more step slower. The obvious problem with this team is similar to the one of the Boston Celtics "our core is no longer good enough" and with each coming year, they are just gonna get worse and worse...it's no reason that the Boston Celtics are exploring R. Allen.

3.) i really believe we need to seriously consider trading M. Ginobili; there's really no downside in trading him, since as it stands right now our core isn't really good enough and only going to get worst; why not trade him now for younger pieces.

jason1301
02-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Why not trade Manu??? :wakeup

Manu when healthy, he is our best closer and our best defender. Can you replace that? Hell no! We are better off give it a try and hope the old Manu shows up for the playoffs. He did it over the summer with Argentina while playing injured, I don't see how he can't do it now.

He is not going to be the old Manu of the entire season, but for short stretches? Hell yeah!!!

Manu could very well be our new Horry.... and if you think its only horry that played well when it mattered look at what Derek Fisher did last year for the Lakers...

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Derek Fisher was horrible last year in the playoffs other than a few shots..

jason1301
02-02-2010, 07:16 PM
I know he struggled against Houston, but he had some pretty good games in the finals...

bless1187
02-02-2010, 07:18 PM
yeah, u might believe that Manu Ginobili would return to his old self; but any keen observer could tell that Manu Ginobili is beginning to slow down... i'm sorry but M. Ginobili is supposed to be one of our BIG 3 while R. Horry was a terrific role player; so i don't really see a comparison there... i just really think it be smarter to trade Manu Ginobili; it'll be one thing to say if Manu Ginobili was struggling the 1st 10-20 games of the season... but it been over 40 games and he's still struggling; i'm just more of a believer of the fact that he has slowed down; and i would rather get some pieces in for him rather than let him walk for free this summer. And i really believe that if he struggles this year in the playoff, the Spurs would let him walk.

tp2021
02-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Bruno, you've been one of my favorite posters since I got here. But recently you've been on the rag or some shit.

AFBlue
02-02-2010, 07:22 PM

Manu when healthy, he is our best closer and our best defender. Can you replace that? Hell no! We are better off give it a try and hope the old Manu shows up for the playoffs. He did it over the summer with Argentina while playing injured, I don't see how he can't do it now.

He is not going to be the old Manu of the entire season, but for short stretches? Hell yeah!!!

Manu could very well be our new Horry.... and if you think its only horry that played well when it mattered look at what Derek Fisher did last year for the Lakers...

Manu as "the new Horry" isn't going to put this team on-par with the Lakers. Spurs need consistent production from their big 3 and some outbursts from guys like Jefferson, McDyess, Hill and Blair to accomplish that.

Manu, despite taking the summer off and being given half a season to round into shape, hasn't provided that consistency. Of course the Spurs could cross their fingers and hope that "old Manu" shows up during the playoffs, that everyone is healthy and acclimated...and the Spurs could make a legitimate run for the 'ship.

Then what?

This summer the Spurs would be asked to pony up $10-12M a season for 2 or 3 seasons to keep Manu and hope that the magic continues...or risk losing him and having only MLE (theoretically already tagged for Splitter) to sign a replacement.

I understand your logic that Manu is a major key to the Spurs winning it all this year, but for the long-term health of the franchise I think the Spurs FO would be dumb not to explore trading him as an option.

bless1187
02-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Manu as "the new Horry" isn't going to put this team on-par with the Lakers. Spurs need consistent production from their big 3 and some outbursts from guys like Jefferson, McDyess, Hill and Blair to accomplish that.

Manu, despite taking the summer off and being given half a season to round into shape, hasn't provided that consistency. Of course the Spurs could cross their fingers and hope that "old Manu" shows up during the playoffs, that everyone is healthy and acclimated...and the Spurs could make a legitimate run for the 'ship.

Then what?

This summer the Spurs would be asked to pony up $10-12M a season for 2 or 3 seasons to keep Manu and hope that the magic continues...or risk losing him and having only MLE (theoretically already tagged for Splitter) to sign a replacement.

I understand your logic that Manu is a major key to the Spurs winning it all this year, but for the long-term health of the franchise I think the Spurs FO would be dumb not to explore trading him as an option.

couldn't have said it any better myself...

Chomag
02-02-2010, 07:26 PM

If Manu is our new Horry who is our new Manu? Horry was an awesome addition for the spurs but even with Horry Spurs needed a big 3 to go along with him.

Allanon
02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Read better, genius, Spurs' player =! Spurs' fans.

Where am I insulting Spurs players, genius? Must be that time of the month for Bruno.

I understand this is a Spurs forum, I keep the trolling on the NBA side of things out of respect for most of the cool Spurs posters. And to be honest, I like Duncan as much as most of you here.

Again I ask, when have I EVER been disrespectful here in the Spurs forum without being provoked first (outside of the Laker/Spurs games trash talk)?

Allanon
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't think Allanon is a pure troll or an asshole or anything, but he IS stupid,

True, you're not an an asshole either. Just a homer that hates Kobe.

Nothing wrong with that. I don't agree with your takes but I "get it".

Example #1, when comparing Lebron to Kobe's supporting cast, Allanon has been quoted as saying the current version of Shaquille O'Neal is just as good as Dwight Howard..LOL..

I'd rather see Dwight in the Playoffs than Shaq.

Anybody who says they'd rather see Dwight than Shaq in the Playoffs is just fooling themselves.

Muser
02-02-2010, 07:31 PM
What did Allanon call Jefferson? Dick? Dick = Richard.

And for the record, Allanon is one of the few decent Laker fans in the NBA forum. I'm already eating crow for laughing at his Marc could become better than Pau remarks.

jason1301
02-02-2010, 07:56 PM
If Manu is our new Horry who is our new Manu? Horry was an awesome addition for the spurs but even with Horry Spurs needed a big 3 to go along with him.

I should have written "new Horry type of player" meaning he plays at his old good self during the later part of the season including playoffs... even when Manu was at his prime, he couldn't play 35min every night.

Manu is adapting to his new role, he passes more and shoots more. I think he can do it. It would be foolish to trade him, knowing that at any given night he could be our best closer and our best defender. He can't do it for an entire season, but I believe he can have a horry type of a career from now on.

Now as it concerns who is our new Manu, no-one! A lot has to do with TP's play, when healthy he can carry us over the reg season --like he did the last two seasons.

Allanon
02-02-2010, 09:01 PM
lakertrolls love to subtly substitute jefferson with "dick." that's when they insult spurs players, which allanon did first. therefore, bruno was justified in attacking allanon. that shit may fly in the nba forum but won't be tolerated in the spurs forum.

You gotta be kidding me. Richard and Dick are very acceptable and interchangeable in the English language.

Alot of people in this forum call him Dick. Not just lakertrolls.

I'll bet I can find 100 posts by "true" Spur fans that call him Dick.

It's used so much around here I've caught onto it. I either call him Dick or RJ, check my posts. I even used both in that same first post.

Who actually types out "Richard"? I'll bet you Dick is used alot more than "Richard" on this forum by "Spurfan"

in2deep
02-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Allanon is the lakerfan equivalent of ducks

Big P
02-02-2010, 10:41 PM
RJ is not working out. He should definitly be shopped.

Vic Petro
02-02-2010, 10:58 PM
To win the NBA championship you need one of the best 5-7 players in the NBA at that time. Magic, Bird, Isaiah, Jordan, Dream, Shaq, Wade, Duncan, Kobe. The only possible exception is the Billups Pistons.

The Spurs don't have anyone even approaching that level right now.

02-02-2010, 11:46 PM
You gotta be kidding me. Richard and Dick are very acceptable and interchangeable in the English language.

Alot of people in this forum call him Dick. Not just lakertrolls.

I'll bet I can find 100 posts by "true" Spur fans that call him Dick.

It's used so much around here I've caught onto it. I either call him Dick or RJ, check my posts. I even used both in that same first post.

Who actually types out "Richard"? I'll bet you Dick is used alot more than "Richard" on this forum by "Spurfan"
don't play dumb. when have you ever heard jefferson being mentioned as "dick" outside of spurstalk? any news article? on espn? interviews of players? during a game? never. this was solely a spurstalk creation. i did a quick search and yours and lakaluva's name show up the most using the substitute in the spurs forum. go ahead and look. of course there are spurs fans that use it, they are usually the ones who hate jefferson the most so they use the same insult. the name shows up whenever rjeff screws up. and when they use it, it's an insult the same way as when you and lakaluva bring it up. also an insult.

what's even funnier is you use the exact same word to insult bruno afterward. yeah, using dick isn't insulting at all.

My Fault
02-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Allanon is actually one of the few Laker fans who show some respect. As far as i've seen he actually contributes more than trolls

tp2021
02-03-2010, 01:37 AM
Oh my god, surely Bruno was set off by something other than calling Richard Dick.

silverblk mystix
02-03-2010, 02:24 AM
I firmly believe that the elephant in the room is Pop...someone has to call him out...if RJ is underachieving...look at pop's playcalling...ie; where are the post-ups? this was one of the supposed strength's of RJ ....
if the defense sucks...look at pop...there was a time when defensive lapses were not allowed...remember when a spurs player would blow a rotation and pop would blow a fuse and yank him and scream at him and bench him...then that player would re-enter the game and guess what---he did not fuck up again!...
but as soon as Finley arrived...pop began to look the other way every time Finley would get scorched on defense...yet he would still jump on Bruce...

all of this has been a drastic change from the title spurs team...and no-one has pointed the finger at pop...I mean besides here on an internet forum...

this is the most talent any spur team has ever had and if they are underachieving...it is time to look at pop's performance...

having said all that----the season is not over---so I would say ---no trades---let pop do his job and win a championship with THIS team...and if not it will be pretty obvious that pop did not do HIS JOB...he said it himself---if i don't win a championship with this team I should be fired.

Allanon
02-03-2010, 06:33 AM
don't play dumb.

Don't be a sensitive pussy; leave that for the women and children.

When do you get on Spurfans for saying "Dick"? Besides, with the way he is playing is any Spurfan really offended by somebody calling him "Dick"?

If I was trolling, I'd find a much better target that most Spur fans doesn't hate so much. :lol

any news article? on espn? interviews of players? during a game? never. this was solely a spurstalk creation. i did a quick search and yours and lakaluva's name show up the most using the substitute in the spurs forum. go ahead and look. of course there are spurs fans that use it, they are usually the ones who hate jefferson the most so they use the same insult. the name shows up whenever rjeff screws up. and when they use it, it's an insult the same way as when you and lakaluva bring it up. also an insult.

That's exactly what I'm saying. It's used so much around here by Spursfans, I've caught onto it. I'm here pretty much every day. I don't see you getting on Spurfans for saying it; but as soon as Lakerfan says it "Oh, it such a bad word."

what's even funnier is you use the exact same word to insult bruno afterward. yeah, using dick isn't insulting at all.

Learn some English and look for yourself. I called Bruno "a dick"; something entirely different. When referring to "Dick" which is captilized, it is a proper noun/name (ie. Richard in the English language). "A dick" (not capitalized) is very different than "Dick" (capitalized).

Obstructed_View
02-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Yeah, you're not trolling or anything, Allanon. Your insistence on continuing this ridiculousness is just to salvage your good name. :rolleyes

Allanon
02-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Yeah, you're not trolling or anything, Allanon. Your insistence on continuing this ridiculousness is just to salvage your good name. :rolleyes

Would you not defend yourself if somebody called you stupid?

I'm directly responding to 024 saying "don't play dumb".

As I've said before, find any post with me starting stuff randomly and I'll apologize and not post anymore. The only time you'll find me talking trash about the Spurs is when they play the Lakers.

Y'all forget the Spurs are my second favorite team; I like to see them succeed.

Obstructed_View
02-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Would you not defend yourself if somebody called you stupid?

You defended yourself so elequently with "Whatever, dick." Way to maintain the high ground.

Dex
02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
http://www.ndnguyen.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/serious_business.jpg

And for the record, I vote no on Allanon being a troll.

If people are going to get their feathers ruffled by a rival fan calling our Richard "Dick", then you probably should just go ahead and sign off now and save yourself the heartache.

egtonecity
02-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Man y'all are trippin for getting mad at Allanon's first post. I agreed on all his points and y'all need to not get booty hurt when someone calls RJ Dick Jefferson. Richard = Dick ... Plus if that is used as an insult, its really not that funny... Dumb Laker fans are just that, dumb Laker fans... Allanon is not.

Obstructed_View
02-03-2010, 11:12 AM
And for the record, I vote no on Allanon being a troll.

Actually I agree. I'd have been ready to defend him against Bruno, but the thread was devlovling into a last-word contest and he could have nipped it in the bud, but chose not to under the pretense of defending his honor.

ElNono
02-03-2010, 11:28 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/JackofBladesFLCL/Motivational%20Posters/EmoCat.jpg

phxspurfan
02-03-2010, 11:42 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/JackofBladesFLCL/Motivational%20Posters/EmoCat.jpg

:lol