View Full Version : ***Unofficial Houston Texans 2010 Season Thread***

Pages : [1] 2

Dr. Gonzo
02-02-2010, 01:06 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6846344.html

Texans working on contract extension for Kubiak

Deal through at least 2013 could be finalized next week

By JOHN McCLAIN Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle

Texans owner Bob McNair is working on a multiyear contract extension for coach Gary Kubiak that could be completed as early as next week.
Kubiak has one year left on the five-year, $10 million contract he signed to become the Texans' coach in 2006. Kubiak's new deal is expected to go through the 2013 season and perhaps longer, according to McNair.
“We've been working on our assistant coaches, and we don't have all of them signed, but I think we've pretty much got them resolved, and everybody will be signed through 2012,” McNair said Monday. “Now we're in the process of working on Gary's extension, and I think probably by next week, we'll have his finalized.
“His will run at least one year longer than (2012), maybe more.”
Kubiak and general manager Rick Smith, who joined the Texans in 2006 and signed a four-year extension in 2008, have put together a team that's coming off its best season. The Texans won their last four games and finished 9-7. They missed making the playoffs for the first time on the last day of the season.
“I think Gary's done a good job,” McNair said. “I look at our results, and I look at what some other coaches have done, and I evaluated his performance against others. We have a great foundation in place.”
McNair wasn't going to let Kubiak work under a one-year contract.
“I think continuity's extremely important in building a strong team,” McNair said. “It can impact free agency. It's important when you hire (assistant) coaches. Our new coaches (offensive coordinator Rick Dennison and quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp), who are outstanding, were getting contracts beyond Gary's, and I told him to let them know it wasn't an issue.
“I think we're on the right path. I think we have to keep building on the foundation we have.”
The Texans are going to hire a new strength and rehabilitation coach. Ray Wright, who was elevated last year when Dan Riley was fired, was let go after the season.
McNair watched the AFC's 41-34 victory over the NFC in the Pro Bowl. He saw Matt Schaub win the Most Valuable Player Award and Mario Williams record two sacks.
“I was very proud of them,” McNair said. “I was really pleased for Matt. He played like that all season. Others got a chance to see it.
“Andre (Johnson) and Mario and DeMeco (Ryans) had outstanding games, too. It lets people unfamiliar with the Texans know this is a club on the rise.”
[email protected]

Dr. Gonzo
02-02-2010, 01:07 PM
He's a decent coach. I think he cost the team a couple of games this season but at least they are getting some stability and he is gaining more and more experience with every season.

ATRAIN
02-02-2010, 01:30 PM
When is Demeco and OD gonna get contracts??

Dr. Gonzo
02-02-2010, 01:49 PM
DeMeco will get his. I'm certain of it. I bet OD will get franchised so they can make sure his knee is back to 100%.

LOL texans
02-03-2010, 12:28 AM
lol texans

lol average team

lol Shaub overrated by texan fans

kamikazi_player
02-03-2010, 05:36 AM
lol texans

lol average team

lol Shaub overrated by texan fans
I love this troll :lol
But anyways, to be serious for a moment, what the texans really need is a secondary that isn't afraid to cover wide receivers. They have to do something at the RB position, Slaton isn't cutting it for them, got to have someone more consistent.

benefactor
02-03-2010, 06:29 AM
He's a decent coach. I think he cost the team a couple of games this season but at least they are getting some stability and he is gaining more and more experience with every season.
Agreed. With so many teams that are dealing with crap coaches we are fortunate to have Kubiak. It could be much worse. A glance a couple hundred miles north can tell you that.

Dr. Gonzo
02-03-2010, 09:32 AM
I love this troll :lol
But anyways, to be serious for a moment, what the texans really need is a secondary that isn't afraid to cover wide receivers. They have to do something at the RB position, Slaton isn't cutting it for them, got to have someone more consistent.

This is a very accurate statement. Glover Quin had a very good rookie season but he is no way a corner that could defend the opposing teams #1 guy every game. Dunta is a bitch and when Eugene Wilson is the best safety out there aside from Bernard Pollard you know you got problems in the secondary.

RB is a huge problem and I doubt it is resolved by using the first round pick on a RB.

to21
02-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Wade Philips>>>>Gary Kubiak

ATRAIN
02-03-2010, 05:45 PM
This is a very accurate statement. Glover Quin had a very good rookie season but he is no way a corner that could defend the opposing teams #1 guy every game. Dunta is a bitch and when Eugene Wilson is the best safety out there aside from Bernard Pollard you know you got problems in the secondary.

RB is a huge problem and I doubt it is resolved by using the first round pick on a RB.

Yeah the defy will prob be addressed with our first rounder this year. It will either be a DB (saftey, or cb) or a DT. Hell our 2nd rounder will prob be the same if not a OL. RB is prob gonna be addressed with free agency. There isnt much out there as far as free agents but im sure they are hoping Slaton gets over the Soph slump. Im hoping Foster can come around, he isnt as fast but has more power and can help us with our short yardage needs.

Iceman101
02-03-2010, 05:48 PM

Earl Thomas for the secondary, CJ Spiller for RB

ATRAIN
02-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Earl Thomas for the secondary, CJ Spiller for RB

if we get lucky. Doubtful Earl is still on the board when we draft.

benefactor
02-03-2010, 06:13 PM
No.

Spursfan092120
02-03-2010, 07:57 PM
No.

Coach #1 - 81-54 career record
Coach #2 - 31-33 career record

Tell me which is which. Let that rattle around in your head a bit, and respond correctly.

But on the real, Houston has got to do some work on the secondary and in the backfield. I think they'll reach the playoffs next year.

SpuronyourFace
02-04-2010, 12:07 AM

Tell me which is which. Let that rattle around in your head a bit, and respond correctly.

But on the real, Houston has got to do some work on the secondary and in the backfield. I think they'll reach the playoffs next year.

I'd rather have non named Coach #3...Wade is just Wade. Really great at running a Defense, but their are clearly better HC out their. Kubiak, the jury is still out on. Sometimes I like the guy and sometimes I don't. If Houston ends up hovering around .500 next year at the end of the season, then he has clearly exhausted his stay in Houston.

djohn2oo8
02-04-2010, 12:17 AM
I'd rather have non named Coach #3...Wade is just Wade. Really great at running a Defense, but their are clearly better HC out their. Kubiak, the jury is still out on. Sometimes I like the guy and sometimes I don't. If Houston ends up hovering around .500 next year at the end of the season, then he has clearly exhausted his stay in Houston.

True...This is who we know they are playing, not exact dates

vs Colts
vs Tennesee
vs Jaguars
@ Raiders
@ Colts
vs Chiefs
@ Jets
vs Giants
@ Jaguars
vs Ravens
vs Chargers
vs Cowboys
@ Eagles
@ Broncos
@ Redskins
@ Titans

to21
02-04-2010, 07:00 AM

No.

Yes.

benefactor
02-04-2010, 01:23 PM

How about using your own head instead of just posting career records like it means anything.

Wade has been a joke at every head coaching spot he has had. He was pitiful in Denver and was fired after two seasons. Then after a couple of decents year at Buffalo he crapped the bed against Tennessee(lol Rob Johnson) and got fired again the next season. Then he came to Dallas where he got a large chunk of his wins on a team that was already good. Oh..and he has already managed to have a Wade moment there.......lol 44-6.

Wade sucks.

LOL@MavsFan
02-04-2010, 01:39 PM
LOL Texans

LOL@MavsFan
02-04-2010, 01:40 PM
LOL 9-7 being a "good year" for the Cows....

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

benefactor
02-04-2010, 02:03 PM
LOL 9-7 being a "good year" for the Cows....

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Don't forget Schaub's Pro Bowl MVP. :tu

to21
02-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Wade:
DAL 2007 13-3
DAL 2008 9-7
DAL 2009 11-5
Total: 33-15

Kubiak:
HOU 2006 6-10
HOU 2007 8-8
HOU 2008 8-8
HOU 2009 9-7
Total 31-33

I'm not even a Wade fan but..............Wade>>>>>>Kubiak. Don't tell me records don't matter. Fact is, they both shouldn't be head coaches. At best def/off coordinators.

benefactor
02-04-2010, 02:25 PM
What part of "team that was already good" don't you understand? This is also Kubiak's first head coaching job. How did Wade do in his first job?

benefactor
02-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Done deal. :tu

REPORT: KUBIAK AGREES TO NEW 3-YEAR DEAL WITH TEXANS (http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=308700)

Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Texans head coach Gary Kubiak has reportedly agreed to a new three-year contract that would keep him in Houston through 2012.

According to the Houston Chronicle, Kubiak opted for a new deal rather than taking an extension through 2013, which would have included an option year. When Kubiak inks the new contract, Kubiak's original five-year, $10 million deal will be torn up.

"I'm real excited about it," Kubiak told the newspaper. "Bob (McNair) has always been very good to me. I respect him a great deal. I'm glad he's got the confidence in me to finish what we started when we came here. We've got a great opportunity to have something real special."

Kubiak guided the Texans to a 9-7 record in 2009. That was the best mark in club history and also the first-ever winning season for Houston.

In his first year as coach in 2006, Kubiak led the Texans to a 6-10 record. A pair of 8-8 seasons in 2007 and '08 followed.

Dr. Gonzo
02-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I think it would've been better if there was a team option after 2 years.

to21
02-04-2010, 03:09 PM
What part of "team that was already good" don't you understand? This is also Kubiak's first head coaching job. How did Wade do in his first job?Better than Kube's. What part of Wade>>>>Kubiak do you not understand?

benefactor
02-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Better than Kube's. What part of Wade>>>>Kubiak do you not understand?
Fail. He was fired after his second season. Kubiak still has his first job and just got a new contract. Anything else?

benefactor
02-04-2010, 03:27 PM
lol can't win with John Elway
lol Rob Johnson

benefactor
02-04-2010, 03:31 PM
I think it would've been better if there was a team option after 2 years.
They managed to shave a year off by going with a new contract over an extension, so it probably evens out.

to21
02-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Fail. He was fired after his second season. Kubiak still has his first job and just got a new contract. Anything else?:lol....so if coaching records don't matter, WGAF who got a contract extension for their first time as a head coach?

I thought I'd post some numbers on their coaching records with their current teams. That and troll the shit out of this thread.....:fishing

Dr. Gonzo
02-04-2010, 05:04 PM
:lol....so if coaching records don't matter, WGAF who got a contract extension for their first time as a head coach?

I thought I'd post some numbers on their coaching records with their current teams. That and troll the shit out of this thread.....:fishing

I wouldn't say you are "trolling the shit" out of this thread. You actually do make a valid argument. They are both average coaches but great coordinators.

SpuronyourFace
02-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Fail. He was fired after his second season. Kubiak still has his first job and just got a new contract. Anything else?

Gonzo summed it up nicely. They are both average HCs, but great coordinators.

That being said, its easy to argue Wade as better than Kube, because he has had more success than Kube with their current teams.... But you can't make an argument that Kube is better than Wade. Not untill Kube has his team winning a division, a couple of playoff trips, a post season win.

What is hard to understand that a teams performance is the only measuring stick in this league for a HC?

SpuronyourFace
02-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Hopefully Kube can take this team at least a step further next year.

benefactor
02-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Gonzo summed it up nicely. They are both average HCs, but great coordinators.

That being said, its easy to argue Wade as better than Kube, because he has had more success than Kube with their current teams.... But you can't make an argument that Kube is better than Wade. Not untill Kube has his team winning a division, a couple of playoff trips, a post season win.

What is hard to understand that a teams performance is the only measuring stick in this league for a HC?
Again...it's hard to make this argument because he was handed a team that was already good. Kubiak had to start over at QB and RB...and managed to get the team to a winning record just a few years later. Furthermore, one can't really ignore Wade's multiple epic fails that led to him getting fired at several previous jobs.

I would accept the argument that it's still a wash right now, but I can't honestly say that Wade is better. Looking at Wade's history, I would not want him as a head coach. Kubiak's sample size is still too small to really make an accurate judgment. If the Texans regress this year, I would agree that Kubiak is better suited as coordinator.

to21
02-05-2010, 08:23 AM
I wouldn't say you are "trolling the shit" out of this thread. You actually do make a valid argument. They are both average coaches but great coordinators.Thread is only two pages long, give it some time.

I digress, I would much rather argue with Texan's fans that don't quit on their team anyways. :toast

Dr. Gonzo
03-30-2010, 06:32 PM
DeMeco got PAID!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5041689

Ryans, Texans agree to six-year deal
By Adam Schefter
Pro Bowl linebacker DeMeco Ryans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9619) and the Houston Texans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou) agreed to a six-year, $48 million deal that makes him one of the game's highest paid linebackers and ties him to the franchise through the 2015 season, according to sources.
The deal includes $21.75 million guaranteed and $26.3 million in the first three years of the contract, according to sources.
The two sides were working on the deal throughout the offseason and wrapped it up Tuesday afternoon.
Houston selected Ryan out of the University of Alabama in the second round of the 2006 draft. He quickly emerged as one of the top young defensive players in the league and a building block for the Texans.
Adam Schefter is an NFL reporter for ESPN Insider.

djohn2oo8
03-30-2010, 06:47 PM
DeMeco got PAID!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5041689

Ryans, Texans agree to six-year deal
By Adam Schefter
Pro Bowl linebacker DeMeco Ryans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9619) and the Houston Texans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou) agreed to a six-year, $48 million deal that makes him one of the game's highest paid linebackers and ties him to the franchise through the 2015 season, according to sources.
The deal includes $21.75 million guaranteed and $26.3 million in the first three years of the contract, according to sources.
The two sides were working on the deal throughout the offseason and wrapped it up Tuesday afternoon.
Houston selected Ryan out of the University of Alabama in the second round of the 2006 draft. He quickly emerged as one of the top young defensive players in the league and a building block for the Texans.
Adam Schefter is an NFL reporter for ESPN Insider.

:toast:downspin:

benefactor
03-30-2010, 06:48 PM
:clap:clap:clap

djohn2oo8
03-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Next up: Owen Daniels

and Hopefully Earl Thomas falls to us in the draft

ATRAIN
03-30-2010, 08:11 PM
ITS ABOUT TIME!! Now Time for OD and Pollard!!

Dr. Gonzo
03-30-2010, 08:56 PM
This made me happy as well.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6089
Smith brings change to weight room, S&C program

When the Texans begin their offseason program on Monday, it might take players a few minutes to get their bearings in the weight room at Reliant Stadium. New strength and conditioning coach Cedric Smith (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6089#), who replaced Ray Wright in February, has given the place an entirely new look.
Smith cleared out half of the weight room and filled it with eight "combo racks," dual-sided racks on power clean platforms. Both sides of the racks can be used at the same time, allowing more players to train at once. The racks can be used for a variety of exercises, including power cleans, squats, bench press, incline bench, flat bench and pull-ups.
"I believe these exercises most translate the weight room to the football field," Smith said. "These are football exercises in the weight room that, what I believe and what we believe as a strength staff, are what's going to enable our guys to get better on the field."
The combo racks aren't the only difference. Smith also brought in plyometric jump pads, and a new set of dumbbells that will enable a wider range of motion during exercises.
There's little emphasis on machines in Smith's training philosophy, which he shared with HoustonTexans.com on Thursday.
"We want to work a little bit differently than they did in the past," Smith said. "We basically believe more so in training on your feet. Stabilization, more explosiveness, power and strength; those are some of the things that, if you want to look at a broad view of what we do, would be involved in it. Posterior chain movements, back movements, core movements, corrective exercises (are involved) as well."

Smith joined the Texans after three seasons as the head strength and conditioning coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. He was an assistant strength coach with the Denver Broncos from 2001-06 and a fitness manager and consultant with Gold's Gym in Phoenix for two years before that. Much of Smith's coaching philosophy, he said, is drawn from his experience as a player. He spent seven seasons in the NFL as a fullback for the Arizona Cardinals, Washington Redskins, New Orleans Saints and Minnesota Vikings. He was a 1990 fifth-round draft pick out of the University of Florida, where he blocked for NFL Hall of Fame running back Emmitt Smith.
"A lot of what I do is based on kind of having an idea and a pulse for where guys are – where they feel like as a player, where they've been," Smith said. "I try to look at it from a player's standpoint. Based off of my own experience, I definitely believe that the explosive movements – squatting, cleaning, all your posterior movements, your pull-ups, your upper-body movements from bench press to shoulder press – it's imperative that you do those to be better as a ball player."
Smith, assistant strength and conditioning coach Matt Schiotz (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6089#) and their staff have been working 12-15 hours a day this week to assemble the weight room to fit those needs.
"Any time you're changing your weight room and kind of putting things together, those are the hours, and to be honest with you, coaches' hours are that way," Smith said. "I do believe for a strength coach, you've got to get up early and you've got to kind of stay late to be really good at it and to help be a part of the success of the team that you work for, so that's kind of how I look at it."
Players going through rehab have been working out at Reliant Stadium all offseason, giving Smith a chance to become familiar with part of the team already. He's eager to get acquianted with the rest of the players and officially kick off the team's 2010 offseason on Monday.
"I'm very excited to be a part of something special here," he said. "I'm looking forward to it. I believe this is a championship-caliber ball club. It's a great organization to work for and it's great people to work with.
"We've got a great weight room, we've got great equipment; now, we've got to go to work and see if we can continue to develop and get better every day."
The Texans' offseason program will run for six weeks leading up the start of organized team activities in May.

Dr. Gonzo
03-30-2010, 09:12 PM
ITS ABOUT TIME!! Now Time for OD and Pollard!!

Daniels is expendable because of his previous knee injury history, he has now blown out both knees, and the drafting of Casey last season. If they don't resign him for a long term this season I can see them letting him walk. Casey will be a stud TE.

djohn2oo8
03-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Daniels is expendable because of his previous knee injury history, he has now blown out both knees, and the drafting of Casey last season. If they don't resign him for a long term this season I can see them letting him walk. Casey will be a stud TE.

Are you kidding me? OD is gonna be one of the top TE's in the league

Kai
03-30-2010, 10:12 PM

Agreed. OD is the real deal. I didn't really expect too much of a drop off when he went out last year, but our TEs didn't do shit compared to him. He was playing better than anyone before the injury. That being said, we hold all the cards, so I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't at least take a couple preseason games before we sign him to a new contract. OD said that himself.

Dr. Gonzo
03-30-2010, 10:32 PM

I agree but how much of a risk does the team take on a guy that has blown out both of his knees, one of them twice? Especially when they invested a draft pick on a guy with the same exact skill set as OD. Don't get me wrong, I love OD but I don't think it would be smart to break the bank on a dude with a history of knee problems.

Dr. Gonzo
03-30-2010, 10:33 PM
I would've liked to see them use the franchise tag on him just to see how his rehab goes and how the season plays out. Give him the Dunta treatment. If he goes through 10 games playing at the level he had been and everything seems fine then you offer him a nice deal. If not, fuck him and let him walk.

Kai
03-30-2010, 11:59 PM
I would've liked to see them use the franchise tag on him just to see how his rehab goes and how the season plays out. Give him the Dunta treatment. If he goes through 10 games playing at the level he had been and everything seems fine then you offer him a nice deal. If not, fuck him and let him walk.

He's a restricted free agent. It would have been idiotic to use the Franchise tag on him. We put the highest tender on him, which means if anyone else signed him, we could match the offer and keep him, or receive that team's first and third round pick. That's some serious compensation that no one will want to give up.

OD is ours this year, if he doesn't get a new deal, he'll just play under the qualifying offer we extended to him and become an unrestricted free agent next year. That is when we would have to consider franchising him, not this year. I still think we are working on getting a deal done, but he's coming off a major injury and we have him for at least this year, so there's no rush.

Dr. Gonzo
03-31-2010, 09:45 AM
He's a restricted free agent. It would have been idiotic to use the Franchise tag on him. We put the highest tender on him, which means if anyone else signed him, we could match the offer and keep him, or receive that team's first and third round pick. That's some serious compensation that no one will want to give up.

OD is ours this year, if he doesn't get a new deal, he'll just play under the qualifying offer we extended to him and become an unrestricted free agent next year. That is when we would have to consider franchising him, not this year. I still think we are working on getting a deal done, but he's coming off a major injury and we have him for at least this year, so there's no rush.

My bad, I didn't realize the details of the RFA bullshit. :tu

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 10:04 AM
I really want Owen to get paid too and I hope he comes back healthy and ready to kick ass this year, then we can give him is payday. I hope Casey does turn out to be a stud but we have to treat Owen like Dunta now and we all see how that turned out. Dunta was never the same and got his payday, just not with us and im happy about that. Demeco was the main priority and that is locked up.

So who do you guys wanna see us get in Round 1?

I know everyone says either Earl or Spiller but im not sure about either at this point. Earl is kind of small and not sure if he will translate from a good college safety to a good pro saftey.

Dr. Gonzo
03-31-2010, 10:16 AM
I would love it if Berry fell to the 20 spot but that is not happening. Thomas is going to be a good pickup. I don't think he would start right away, having him share time with Eugene Wilson will help his development. Kyle Wilson will also be a good pickup to help replace Dunta and for some depth at CB. Right now there are only 5 CBs on the roster. Quin, McCain, Reeves, Freddy Bennett and Antwan Moulden. Way too much youth and unproven guys. Quin, McCain and Reeves will be the three primary CBs. They will definitely need to pick up a CB in the first 3 rounds.

djohn2oo8
03-31-2010, 10:22 AM
Either Joe Haden (hopes he falls that far)
Earl Thomas
CJ Spiller
Ryan Matthers

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 10:23 AM
I would love it if Berry fell to the 20 spot but that is not happening. Thomas is going to be a good pickup. I don't think he would start right away, having him share time with Eugene Wilson will help his development. Kyle Wilson will also be a good pickup to help replace Dunta and for some depth at CB. Right now there are only 5 CBs on the roster. Quin, McCain, Reeves, Freddy Bennett and Antwan Moulden. Way too much youth and unproven guys. Quin, McCain and Reeves will be the three primary CBs. They will definitely need to pick up a CB in the first 3 rounds.

Yeah but Wilson will probably get hurt again so a Saftey will prob be our best bet IMO. I really like Thomas, but im looking at him with my UT blinders on. I wouldnt mind a CB cause Reeves and Bennett arent gonna get it done. I really hoped Moulden would have developed by now but im afraid he has already reached his potential but your right, we are too young and unproven at CB. I was hoping for a free agent vet CB to be signed just to help these guys out but Reeves and Bennett arent THAT young. I mean they both have over 4 seasons right? What round do you think we are going RB? 2nd?

djohn2oo8
03-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Ryan Matthews in the first, or RB no later than the 2nd

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 10:27 AM
I think I would want Matthews more than Spiller

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 10:27 AM
What if Matthews and Thomas are still on the board........what do you think?

Dr. Gonzo
03-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah but Wilson will probably get hurt again so a Saftey will prob be our best bet IMO. I really like Thomas, but im looking at him with my UT blinders on. I wouldnt mind a CB cause Reeves and Bennett arent gonna get it done. I really hoped Moulden would have developed by now but im afraid he has already reached his potential but your right, we are too young and unproven at CB. I was hoping for a free agent vet CB to be signed just to help these guys out but Reeves and Bennett arent THAT young. I mean they both have over 4 seasons right? What round do you think we are going RB? 2nd?

McCain and Quin had very productive rookie seasons. If they don't slump I think they will be the starting 2 with Reeves at Nickle and either Moulden, Bennett or a rookie at Dime. That is a very ugly CB corps.

IronMexican
03-31-2010, 11:07 AM
LOL Texans

Dr. Gonzo
03-31-2010, 11:08 AM

They would have to go RB. I think it's a bigger hole than a the safety position. I don't think Slaton will return to his rookie form, especially with the neck surgery he had. Arian Foster and Moats are the only other two RBs that are there, aside from Jerimiah Johnson who was practice team fodder last season. They just have to do something about that run game. Wade Smith might help that interior OL but without a decent RB it won't do any good.

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 12:02 PM
They would have to go RB. I think it's a bigger hole than a the safety position. I don't think Slaton will return to his rookie form, especially with the neck surgery he had. Arian Foster and Moats are the only other two RBs that are there, aside from Jerimiah Johnson who was practice team fodder last season. They just have to do something about that run game. Wade Smith might help that interior OL but without a decent RB it won't do any good.

I agree but what if Wilson gets hurt again then I think Safety is a big problem too but yeah we need a running game. We need a guy that can chew up the Yards and thats why I like Matthews.

djohn2oo8
03-31-2010, 12:51 PM

Earl Thomas, and I would run to the podium to make that pick

djohn2oo8
03-31-2010, 12:52 PM
LOL Texans

How's your franchise QB Jamarcus Russell doing?

djohn2oo8
03-31-2010, 12:55 PM

If Thomas is there, safety is a bigger need than RB, because not too many people can step up at safety, at running back, any back can have a good season. In the second round, they can still get value at the RB spot, remember Slaton wasn't a first rounder. In the 2nd, they could get Anthony Dixon, LaGarrette Blount, Montario Hardesty, Ben Tate, or Johnathan Dwyer

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Earl Thomas, and I would run to the podium to make that pick

A part of me wants to do the same.

LOL texans
03-31-2010, 02:39 PM
LOL Texans

Yeah, whats up?

LOL texans
03-31-2010, 02:42 PM
How's your franchise QB Jamarcus Russell doing?

At first, I thought "Why does djohn have this fag as his avatar?

But I guess you lost ANOTHER bet huh? You are good at losing bets. But at least you man up.

Dr. Gonzo
03-31-2010, 09:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/10572/daniels-rehab-aimed-at-june-1

Daniels' rehab aimed at June 1 (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/10572/daniels-rehab-aimed-at-june-1)

Owen Daniels (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9684) has not signed his RFA tender from the Houston Texans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou) yet, but both sides wisely reach an agreement that’s got him recovering from his torn ACL with the team.

The Texans just started their offseason conditioning program, and the team shared transcripts from three key guys including Daniels. He said he’s been around regularly through the offseason rehabilitating.

“I did not sign my tender, but the Texans stepped up and put a document together that allowed me to come out and still rehab and be around the guys, so it’s definitely an act of good faith on their part to protect themselves and me as well,” Daniels said. "They definitely want me around here with the guys rehabbing, so we put that together so even if something happens I’d be compensated and they’d be protected.”

He said his goal is to be good to go by June 1 and that he is on pace for that. He expects to be around the team for OTAs and minicamp, but obviously won’t be a full participant in on the field work.

Daniels also spoke optimistically about his contract situations.

“We’ve had some positive talks, my people and management, at the combine,” he said. “They’ve indicated they want to get something done; we’ve just got to wait ‘til I get healthy and cleared and see what happens.”

Dr. Gonzo
03-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Looks like OD and the Texans are on good terms.

Dr. Gonzo
04-03-2010, 12:11 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=HOU

Texans re-signed restricted free agent SS Bernard Pollard to a one-year, $2.521 million contract.
Pollard, 25, racked up 101 tackles, a career high four interceptions, three fumble recoveries, and seven pass breakups in 15 games last year. A highly effective run defender, he'll be targeted for a long-term extension if he keeps it up in 2010. Pollard also projects as a premier IDP defensive back.

Dr. Gonzo
04-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Good to see Pollard back. He brought a lot to the defense. I hope they give him a long term deal.

Dr. Gonzo
04-05-2010, 07:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5058753

Source: K Rackers signs with Texans

Former Cardinals kicker Neil Rackers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2300) reached agreement Monday night with the Houston Texans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou) on a two-year contract, according to a league source.
The New York Jets (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyj) had scheduled a visit with Rackers on Tuesday, but the Texans intercepted him along the way and struck a deal. The Texans plan to bring Rackers and Kris Brown (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1981) to training camp this summer as the two kickers stage an open battle for the job.
The 33-year-old Brown scored 106 points last season, but he missed field goals that could have forced overtimes in some key Houston losses. He also had field-goal attempts from 35, 28 and 26 yards blocked.
Houston finished a franchise-best 9-7 in 2009.

djohn2oo8
04-05-2010, 07:51 PM
great news!!! get that shankapotomus "kris brown" into retirement

Dr. Gonzo
04-05-2010, 07:52 PM
It's good to see some accountability on the part of Kubiak and Smith. This should light a fire under all the players asses knowing they will get replaced if they fuck up.

ATRAIN
04-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Great fucking news

Dr. Gonzo
04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
HOUSTON TEXANS SCHEDULE
Sept 12th vs. Indianapolis Colts (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/IND) (CBS) - Sunday, 1 PM
Sept 19th @ Washington Redskins (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/WAS) (CBS) - Sunday, 4:15 PM
Sept 26th vs. Dallas Cowboys (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/DAL) (FOX) - Sunday, 1 PM
Oct 3rd @ Oakland Raiders (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/OAK) (CBS) - Sunday, 4:05 PM
Oct 10th vs. New York Giants (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/NYG) (FOX) - Sunday, 1 PM
Oct 17th vs. Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/KAN) (CBS) - Sunday, 1 PM
BYE
Nov 1st @ Indianapolis Colts (ESPN) - Monday, 8:30 PM
Nov 7th vs. San Diego Chargers (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/SDC) (CBS) - Sunday, 1 PM
Nov 14th @ Jacksonville Jaguars (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/JAC) (CBS) - Sunday, 1 PM
Nov 21st @ New York Jets (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/NYJ) (CBS) - Sunday, 1 PM
Nov 28th vs. Tennessee Titans (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/TEN) (CBS) - Sunday, 1 PM
Dec 2nd @ Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/PHI) (NFLN) - Thursday, 8:20 PM
Dec 13th vs. Baltimore Ravens (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/BAL) (ESPN) - Monday, 8:30 PM
Dec 19th @ Tennessee Titans (CBS) - Sunday, 1 PM
Dec 26th @ Denver Broncos (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/DEN) (CBS) - Sunday, 4:05 PM
Jan 2nd vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (CBS) - Sunday, 1 PM

Dr. Gonzo
04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
That is the toughest schedule in the league. Looks like if they are going to make the playoffs they are going to have to really kick some ass.

benefactor
04-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Sept 26th...I will be there in person to see the evil empire fall.

lakaluva's mom
04-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Sept 26th...I will be there in person to see the evil empire fall.

Tony Homo

ATRAIN
04-21-2010, 07:13 AM
That is the toughest schedule in the league. Looks like if they are going to make the playoffs they are going to have to really kick some ass.

Damn we do need to step it up but I cant wait!!!!

ATRAIN
04-21-2010, 07:15 AM
Im a little dissapointed we arent playing the Cowboys on Monday or Sunday night.

ATRAIN
04-21-2010, 07:22 AM
4/14/2010 : Bernard Pollard Question & Answer

Anthony - Clear Lake, TX, US: Howdy Bernard, and welcome back to Houston! What did you think about your 1st season in Houston, and what did you want to improve on the most as a player and as a team for next season? Thanks.

Bernard Pollard (2:35:11 PM): First of all, thank you for welcoming me back. It's great to be back. I guess the biggest thing for our team to work on is finishing and winning and not putting ourself in a position to have to count on another team to get into the playoffs. I think this offseason, we have the right mindset to set ourself up for great things this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blaine Juergens - Livingston, TX, US: How long do you plan on staying in Houston? (Stay forever)

Bernard Pollard (12:05:09 PM): For the rest of my career. Those are my intentions. This is a great place for my family and myself. I have great teammates, great coaching, great management, and I love it here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aaron jones - odessa, TX, US: You are a physical player do you try to influence the other players to play with that mentality?

Bernard Pollard (12:07:13 PM): I believe the way I play kind of rubs off on people, and I think leading by example brings on the rest of my teammates. As we've seen this year, you've just seen every player come into his own, and I believe that like I said, with what we did last year, I think that's just going to get us over the hump to get into the playoffs and go far in them.

Jose - Baytown, TX, US: How many interceptions you think you will have next year?

Bernard Pollard (12:08:49 PM): I'm going for nine. I want nine or 10. We're fortunate with the D-line that we have to get pressure, and that's big for the secondary so I'm going for nine or 10 and hopefully we can create at least 30 interceptions for our teammates this year.

Lazarus - Cleveland, TX, TX, US: You may have noticed Texans fans have taken to your style of play - and straight talk. Do you feel comfortable enough in Houston to make it your carrier home? Also, what do you think of this nickname for the defense: Diablo Tejanos ? It means Devil Texans, that what Texian Freedom Fighters and later Texas' first law enforcement personnel were called. After all, the helmet has the horns.

Bernard Pollard (2:36:30 PM): Like I've said, I definitely would make this my home. As far as the fans taking on my play and my talk, what you see is what you get. I'm the type of person where I give every person 100 percent me, every fan, every coach, and I try to show them on the field who they're dealing with. I think the best thing for me is I don't care how people perceive me because I know I carry myself with the utmost respect and I respect others. And so I think other people can take a hold of that and really see my character.

Aaron - Houston, TX, US: Bernard, I'm really excited to see you back with the team for the 2010 season. You had a tremendous impact on Defense for us last year. What are your goals for this season with the Texans?...are you ready to be the leader of the Texans secondary?

Bernard Pollard (12:14:07 PM): I'm most definitely ready to be the leader. Our goal first and foremost is the Super Bowl, and I think when that comes, every other goal that we have, like being a Top 5 defense, will come along with it.

Thomas - New Hyde Park, NY, US: Glad you are back with the Texans. Would you ever consider joining Brian Cushing on that MMA training workout?

Bernard Pollard (2:37:19 PM): No, I won't consider training with him because Cushing is the type of guy that as a kid you didn't want to rough house with because he took things too far. So no, I'm not going to consider MMA'ing with him. I'm going to take my training and do what I do on the field and let him do his own thing and take that to the field. That is a crazy son of a gun.

Nolan - Houston/College UTSA, TX, US: Bernard, First, you and Brian Cushing are the best things that have happened to our D in a very long time, y'all bring the nastiness we need. Keep it up, and try to put some anger in Mario. Question: What position on defense do you personally think we need to address in the draft? Of the DB's in the draft, who would you most like to see playing next to you?

Bernard Pollard (2:38:36 PM): As far as the draft, I'm not the GM and I'm not the coach. Obvoiusly, they're going to pick whoever they want to pick. I really believe with the secondary that we have, I believe that we have a strong enough secondary coach in David Gibbs that he's more than willing and able to teach any of our guys. And we have capable starters that are on our roster right now like Glover Quin, Jacques Reeves, Brice McCain. We've got Molden coming back. These guys are more than capable of playing. Some were hindred by injuries, some were hindered by something else, but I truly believe in them and truly believe in each one to fill the role and fill the void of Dunta. We've got Barber, we've got Eugene, so I'm guessing they're going to have to address the safety position, but as far as in the first round, we can let the offense go ahead and have that first-round pick.

Chris - H-Towm, TX, US: Hey Bernard, have any of your teammates given you any crazy nicknames yet?

Bernard Pollard (2:39:20 PM): Actually, Kevin Bentley has given me one. He calls me "The Jock." I guess one of his old teammates in college was a very good football player and he was a really good dancer, and that's what they called him. So I guess after they find out I was capable of dancing after seeing me on Hard Knocks with the Chiefs from back in my second year, Kevin gave me the nickname. The only time I'll talk about this is on this live chat. Other than that, I get mad at it every time he talks about it.

Tony - Mission, TX, US: Yo Pollard, think you can hit the other team harder next year?

Bernard Pollard (2:10:39 PM): Oh, definitely. It's definitely coming. Every year, I try to figure out ways to keep my body in better shape and to try to work on my explosiveness. I believe with the acquisiton of Ced as our strength coach, he's definitely done a great job with that thus far with our offseason training.

Joseph Akers - Cypress, TX, US: Dear Bernard, What a joy it has been to have you as a Texan! I'm so proud of our team and the work that you have been doing!!! Keep up the great work! Question: How do you feel about your nickname 'Bonecrusher'? Did you first get it at Purdue or did it follow you from high school? Sincerely, Joseph

Bernard Pollard (12:34:17 PM): You know what, I actually got it at Purdue after we played Minnesota when I slammed a player my junior year. There was a linebacker on our team who had that nickname, but when I picked the guy up and slammed him, the commentator accidentally called me Bonecrusher. Ever since that hit, I've been called Bonecrusher. I don't say much about it, I let people call me whatever they want to call me. But it's just funny at times. I'll hear people call me that in public just to get my attention. Every time I'm back in Kansas City, all I'll hear is "Bonecrusher!" when I'm walking around in public. They don't even think to call me Bernard. It's just funny.

William Bowman - FT Huachuca, AZ, US: Glad to have you back this year!! Could you please if you do nothing else this year do this one thing? Destroy Dallas!!! Do you think having the "Toughest" schedule this year will change anything going into camp? They all look like a bunch of punks to me......GO TEXANS!!!

Bernard Pollard (2:40:23 PM): First of all, I commend you for everything you're doing for our country. As far as the schedule, it's not going to do anything but test our character, to see what we're going to do, who's going to man up and who's going to sit down. I believe that everybody on our team, along with whoever they bring in here from the draft and free agency, I think there's going to be a mindset that we expect to win, we expect to go to the playoffs and nothing less. I think that if that's not the expectation for somebody, they don't need to be on this team or be in this locker room, and I won't allow it and neither will anybody else on this team. We're not going to tolerate that. It's a new mindset here.

Juan Sanchez - Houston, TX, US: Hey bernard i always wanted to know, do you defensive guys hang out? I noticed cushing is the humourous type is he funny? Also how many people you plan on laying out this season haha =D whoo!!

Bernard Pollard (12:43:42 PM): Defensively, we try to do something weekly during the season, and I think that builds team camaraderie and builds trust among players. It's needed on the team; you need to get away from family and kind of hang out with guys outside the football field. But I think DeMeco does a great job. He's the coordinator of that. Sometimes we go by position, sometimes we go as a whole defense. Like I said, he does a great job of building trust and everything else between the guys.

chris - fort stockton, TX, US: i would like to thank you for coming to houston and staying with the texans. as a youngster was football your sport of choice?

Bernard Pollard (2:42:02 PM): You know what, football was not exactly my choice. My dad kind of pushed it upon me. I went to school for communications and would like to be in broadcasting some day, but as far as what's going to be my bread winner and what's going to open doors to broadcasting, I know it's football. This is the sport that I love, and I do love this game now without a doubt. Unfortunately, it was something that was pushed upon me when I was younger, but at the end of the day I was blessed and God made a way for me to be able to play now and to be able to continue to play.

Louis - Mission, TX, US: Hey Bernard, i love the way you play the game, i just wanted to know, what is your most memorable play form your first season with Houston? Thanx and good luck this season. GO TEXANS

Bernard Pollard (12:50:41 PM): I think it was intercepting Brady to get some more momentum and help us take the lead against the Patriots and be a part of the first winning season with the Houston Texans in my first season here. Other than that, just being a contributor for this team in the 13 games that I played.

Marcus - Houston, TX, US: Who is the better dancer Jacoby Jones or yourself?

Bernard Pollard (2:43:44 PM): I'm going to give it to Jacoby becuase he's more than willling to show it on gameday, and I'm kind of the hesitant type where I'm more wanting to bark and scare you on gameday rather than dance. I don't want to catch balls and run away, I want to run into you. I don't have any need to run away from you - unless I catch a pick.

Marcus - Houston, TX, US: I am so glad you are coming back! I like the way you play hard and stop the run! Welcome back to Houston! Have a great season!

Bernard Pollard (12:55:06 PM): Thank you. I appreciate it, and I think getting the offseason in with the guys and getting a full 16 games in is going to be big for us this year. Like I said in my other post, we expect to go to the playoffs. It's a must for us. We're not looking to do anything else.

David Mack - San Mateo, CA, US: B-31, You are without a doubt the neutralizer, the mad bomber, the "it-factor" of the Texans secondary. It is an absolute blessing that you joined and have since re-signed with the Texans, a long-term contract will come! Clearly you are top on the list of achievers this past season, so what is it that motivates you on Sunday? Also, how do you spend your time off-the-field? Go Texans!

Bernard Pollard (2:47:56 PM): Yes, I am truly blessed, and thank you. I guess the biggest thing that motivates me is that pigskin. Whoever has it, you have an opportunity to either light them up or get lit up. I believe with everything that happened to me this past season, being cut then finding a team where I can spend the rest of my career, I think that's a big thing for me. And everything that I've been through in Kansas City and everywhere else, that motivates me. I don't ever want to be on the street. I don't ever want to figure out who am I going to play for next. Yes, the long term contract is going to come. I truly believe that if you don't want to give me respect, I will take it. I can't do it on the street when I'm walking around with my family, because that's a lawsuit waiting to happen. But when we're on the football field, I've got equipment on and you've got equipment on and I'm going to take every bit of anger that I have inside of me and use it to the best of my ability, but in a smart way, too.

As far as off the field, my biggest thing, I'm a family man. I love to be around my family. I love to be at home, and I'm either playing video games or I'm spending time with my two children or my wife. That's what I want to instill in my son, for him to undersatnd that when you have a wife and kids, you have to devote your time to them.

Aaron - Houston, TX, US: I see I'm not the only one asking about a nickname...that's just our way of welcoming you with open arms. What can you tell us about Wade Smith?

Bernard Pollard (2:48:31 PM): Wade is a hard-nosed football player. He's a player who's very smart. He's a player who understands the game and I think he's going to bring a stability to our offensive line and it's going to be great competition there. He can play three positions on the offensive line, or every position on the offensive line, really.

Ryan - Spring, TX, US: Obviusly you did great things for the franchise last year. I think your a great player but how do you think we should shut down Peyton and the Colts offense. We havent done it to many times in the past and im ready to see it done. I beleive it can happen and will but how?

Bernard Pollard (2:59:18 PM): Last year was the first time I played the Colts twice. I believe with the team that we have, we are more than capable of beating them and I think that we've shown that, but I think at the same time we have to learn how to finish a game. Both games, we didn't finish. Peyton Manning is a great quarterback. I don't think any quarterback can go out there and go throw for throw with him. Our defense, we have to go 60 minutes, and the crazy things that we did last year, we've got to get rid of them. I think if we play smart and if we play 60 minutes, we are going to win these games. Like I've said earlier, this is a new mindset. We don't care about what happened in the past. Whatever our win-loss record was against the Colts or anybody else, it will be changed. It's a different mindset.

Bernard Pollard (1:13:11 PM): I've got to head out the door. Thanks everybody for joining me; I appreciate you guys giving me your time. It's been a fun day.

Dr. Gonzo
04-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Nice draft package on Jackson

c7UZBVb9ctY

SpursNextRomanEmpire
04-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Hell yeah, Dez Bryant to the Cowboys

djohn2oo8
04-22-2010, 09:10 PM

Too bad yall couldn't get a QB that doesn't choke

benefactor
04-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Nice draft package on Jackson

c7UZBVb9ctY
Nice. The Texans have several good young options at DB now.

Dr. Gonzo
04-22-2010, 09:15 PM
I think it's a really nice pick. He probably won't be an all-pro corner but he will be a solid starter.

benefactor
04-22-2010, 09:55 PM
So do they go RB at 51? I doubt Dwyer will still be there but one can wish.

Dr. Gonzo
04-22-2010, 09:56 PM
So do they go RB at 51? I doubt Dwyer will still be there but one can wish.

I actually like that white kid from Stanford. He's a tough little bastard.

benefactor
04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
I'd be pretty happy with either. I just hope there is a decent one there when they pick.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
04-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Wow, I really fucked that post up. Meant to put it in the draft thread and I wasnt paying attention.

:bang

Kai
04-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Tate or Dwyer please!

mardigan
04-22-2010, 10:59 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/rounds

Espn's initial analysis...

What he brings: Jackson may be the best pure cover corner in this year's draft. Jackson has tremendous feet, balance, anticipation and route-recognition skills when out on an island. He should be able to make a smooth transition to the NFL level coming out of a Nick Saban-coached defense.

How he fits: The loss of Dunta Robinson to Atlanta is a big blow and the Texans desperately needed a shutdown corner, so this pick is no surprise. Glover Quinn stepped up solidly as a rookie last season and Jacques Reeves will continue to play, but Jackson could very well provide the Texans with ability to take away half the field.

ATRAIN
04-22-2010, 11:03 PM
If Taylor Mays is still there at our 2nd, we have to take him.

ATRAIN
04-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Tate or Dwyer please!

one of them might be available in the 3rd.

djohn2oo8
04-23-2010, 09:32 AM
If Taylor Mays is still there at our 2nd, we have to take him.

Most definitely

ATRAIN
04-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Most definitely

Its doubtful but I would like to see him drop to us. Our 2 main weaknesses last year was our Running game and our Secondary. If we can somehow get Taylor mays id be ok with signing a veteran free agent RB for a year or even making a play for Ronnie Brown, then drafting high on RB next years draft. If Slaton could come back to form we could have our own Smash and Dash in Brown and Slaton. Hell even Marshawn Lynch would be an upgrade. Hell we could even get a sleeper back this year in the 3rd round if we could somehow get lucky and get Mays. I would even be willing to trade up for him.

Dr. Gonzo
04-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Ben Tate

It's great to see them drafting for need. I like the kid. He is a big hard nosed runner. He should compliment Slaton well.

dirk4mvp
04-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Ben Tate was a great pick. He's gonna be rendered useless twice a year, but otherwise :tu

benefactor
04-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Ben Tate

It's great to see them drafting for need. I like the kid. He is a big hard nosed runner. He should compliment Slaton well.
I was worried when they moved down and didn't pick Gerhart.

I'm happy with the pick. I was pulling hard for Dwyer but Tate will fit in well also.

djohn2oo8
04-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Now they have two 3rd rounders

ATRAIN
04-23-2010, 07:21 PM
time for S and DT

djohn2oo8
04-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Morgan Burnett would be an excellent pick

benefactor
04-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Morgan Burnett would be an excellent pick
You read my mind. Hopefully he will still be there.

Dr. Gonzo
04-23-2010, 07:32 PM
The got a 3rd from Minny and swapped 2nd rounders with NE and gave up a 5th. So essentially they got Tate + 3rd for a 5th.

Smithiak :tu

benefactor
04-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Very nice.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Earl Mitchell is a beast, good pick.

djohn2oo8
04-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the insight, did not know much about him

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Well I'm a bit biased but chances are if he had more continuity in college he woulda been picked higher.

ATRAIN
04-23-2010, 09:54 PM
John I like that chick in your sig........fucking HOT. DId she make the squad?

Kai
04-23-2010, 10:41 PM
_CbWMzJQSks

djohn2oo8
04-23-2010, 11:45 PM
John I like that chick in your sig........fucking HOT. DId she make the squad?

I'll find out and let u know, but just pure HOTNESS right there

GuerillaBlack
04-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Ben Tate

With Ben Tate, I think we have a faster version of Marion Barber on our team now...without the durability issues. I like the selection. I had wanted Gerhart, but Ben Tate is better, and he's black.

NfBkonPBFGY

djohn2oo8
04-24-2010, 09:49 AM
I HATE the last pick, Al Sharpton's nephew

djohn2oo8
04-24-2010, 04:42 PM
This dude is gonna be a http://pittscript.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/dickerson1.jpgSTUD - Dorin Dickerson, gonna play WR behind Andre, and learn from the best

symple19
04-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Ben Tate will be outstanding for Houston,IMO. 220lbs, with 4.43 speed and a nasty attitude. Dude can catch the ball as well as block. Only issue I ever had with him at Auburn was ball control, he can be prone to fumbling. If he can fix that, Houston could very well have a special player who can carry the mail for years. Great pick

symple19
04-25-2010, 03:23 AM
7tK-ttHGJRU

Dr. Gonzo
04-25-2010, 08:27 AM
I really like what they did with the draft. I would have liked a safety but apparently Kubiak is confident in Wilson and Barber back there. The pick that intrigues me the most is Trindon Holliday the 6th rounder. He will be the KR/PR. The dude is tiny at 5'5 but ran a 4.27 40 at the combine.

y1Q0vlN6Pe8

benefactor
04-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Damn...dude has serious wheels. He could wind up being the Texans version of Darren Sproles.

Dr. Gonzo
04-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Scouting director discusses Texans' draft picks
By Nick Scurfield

The Texans' scouting department put more than nine months of work and countless miles of travel into preparations for the 2010 draft.

Director of college scouting Dale Strahm, college scouting coordinator Mike Maccagnan, national scout Ed Lambert and the Texans' six regional scouts each did reports on an average of 350 players. Strahm slept in a hotel room for 192 nights, a number he estimates was similar for most of the team's scouts.

Those months of preparation boiled down to three days, seven rounds and nine picks last week. Strahm, a 12-year scout who coached college football for 31 years, raved about the chemistry in the Texans' war room and the draft class that the Texans put together as a result.

"It takes a collective effort by everybody to be successful, and I was so impressed this year by the pro department, our college scouts, Gary Kubiak and our football coaches, the leadership and visionary process that we had from Rick Smith, the cooperation from everybody in regards to what our goals were in trying to fill the needs of our team so that we would get better – and that's what we accomplished," Strahm said.

"You usually have about seven draft picks, one per round. We had so many needs when we first got here together that we had to address those needs. This year we had nine picks, and consequently what that allowed us to do was to go out and get a specialty returner, get some guys that can really help our football team on the special teams side, as well as individual position needs.

"It's an outstanding group. Two-thirds of the guys were captains, 80 percent of them have their college degrees. Over 85 percent have been three-year starters. We have a saying that what we're looking for is a ‘Tough, smart, physical player with high character that has the competitiveness and the passion about the game of football.' That's our motto, and that's what we've found. If you can have those attributes coming in here, you've got a chance."

After the draft, Strahm offered a capsulized look at each of the Texans' nine picks in a special for HoustonTexans.com:

Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
First round (20th overall)

Strahm: "Comes from Macon, Ga., Westside High School. He attended Fork Union (Va.) for a year in '06, transferred to Alabama in '07. He's an early-out junior. Three-year starter. Very physical player, great passion for the game. His work ethic is outstanding. He's got great football instincts. He's a very tough competitor. He likes to do the dirty work – and by that, I mean on run support, he's active, he's a solid tackler. He's got a big upside. He's got a swagger in his play, and he plays with a lot of confidence. He comes from a complicated system at Alabama, and they have really tough coaching. They really get after you. They have an outstanding program, and he's benefited because of that. He's very mature with his thought process and his technique, so we think he's game-ready."

Ben Tate, RB, Auburn
Second round (58th overall)

Strahm: "He's 5-11, 220, 4.38. From Newark, Md., Snow Hill High School. This guy graduated in three-and-a-half years from Auburn. He's got very good playing speed. He's explosive. He's got very good power as a runner. Has got very good field vision and speed to bounce his runs to the outside. We like his physical skill set and his toughness. He's just got to get in here and get a feel for our running style of what we're looking for, but he's a fine, fine addition to our team."

Earl Mitchell, DT, Arizona
Third round (81st overall)

Strahm: "What we were looking for inside. 6-2, 300 pounds. North Shore High School in Houston. Interesting guy. Very versatile. In '06, he was a tight end and fullback and started six games. '07, they moved him to tight end – H-back kind of guy. They needed some girth, they needed some power in the middle on defense because they couldn't stop anybody, so they asked Earl to come over and play defense and he was a two-year starter at tackle. He's got great quickness. Very powerful. Love his motor. He's a team leader – co-captain. He needs to refine his pass rush skills. He started there 37 out of 49 games, so he's an excellent prospect inside. Big upside because he's so versatile."

Darryl Sharpton, LB, Miami (Fla.)
Fourth round (102nd overall)

Strahm: "Two-year starter from Coral Gables (Fla.) High School. Inside linebacker, 5-11˝, 230 pounds. What we like about this guy, he's got a quick trigger. He's a quick reactor to what he sees. He's got great what we call FBIs – football instincts. He's got great keys. He attacks downhill. We love his motor. He puts his hat on the ball carrier. He's an every-down player. Very aggressive in his style of play. Has his degree. Very bright, has a GPA of 3.0. Nephew of Rev. Al Sharpton – I think he was praying for us, because we were praying for this kid. But what he has is what we call body shock. It's like a prize fighter. I mean, when he hits you, boom – you feel it. He's got body shock on contact. We think he's really going to help us on special teams and be a role player for us with a chance to start."

Garrett Graham, TE, Wisconsin
Fourth round (118th overall)

Strahm: "6-3, 247. From Memorial High School up in Jersey. Two-time captain, three-year starter. Has his degree. A very versatile athlete. Full-speed player. Excellent, excellent catching radius. He's got great hands. Shows a lot of production in the passing game. Could be used as a slot receiver, a wing guy, a movement type of guy. He's got natural hands. Very business-like in his approach. Almost a protégé to our other tight end, (Owen) Daniels. Big upside. I think he had over 50 receptions and seven TDs this year. We really like this kid. He's really on the come."

Sherrick McManis, CB, Northwestern
Fifth round (144th overall)

Strahm: "5-11, 190, 4.5. Richmond High School in Peoria, Ill. Captain. 3.0 GPA. Has his degree. Three-year starter. He's got excellent measureables. Had some injury issues this season, which knocked him down in the draft, but we see a tremendous upside with his potential and his ability. Is very tough in his style of play. He's got very good ball skills. We see him as having nickel back potential for us. He loves contact. Very versatile player. We see a big upside with this kid."

Shelley Smith, G, Colorado State
Sixth round (187th overall)

Strahm: "We tried to address this issue in the draft early, but there were very few interior linemen. It was very thin in the position, and we were very fortunate in our sixth round pick to get him. 6-3, 300 pounds, from Westview High School in Phoenix. Three-year starter. Captain. Has got a degree. He's got great toughness. He's athletic. He's got good lateral range with good C.O.D. (change of direction). He can strike and sustain his run blocks. He's got good mobility for a big interior kind of lineman, good in-line strength. He's got power to gain what we call movement off the line, so he'll come out and do that. We see this guy having a chance to soak at that position and eventually help us interiorly."

Trindon Holliday, KR, LSU
Sixth round (197th overall)

Strahm: "To me, there's three things about pro football. Number one, it's about speed, and it's about field position and it's about matchups. When you grade him in those three areas, he gets an ‘A' in all three. This guy is 5-5, 165, but he plays like he's 6-4. There's no fear. He's physically tough, mentally tough. He's from Northeastern High School in Zachary, La. Had the fastest time in the world in 2008 – he was the fastest human being on earth – when he ran the 60 meters in 6.54. Fastest time in the world. In 2009, he won the NCAA 100 meters in 10 flat.:wow That's going over 10 yards-plus once in every second. The guy is amazing to me. I think he's going to bring a special presence to our special teams. He averaged 25 yards in kickoff return per try and he averaged almost 15 yards in punt return, so right now, we've got better field position. Obviously, he's a tremendous threat just because of his natural catching abilities and his raw speed. A great, great pick in the sixth round as a specialist, and in the past we haven't had the opportunities to go get that kind of guy."

Dorin Dickerson, WR, Pittsburgh
Seventh round (227th overall)

Strahm: "This guy is really interesting. For him to be sitting there in the seventh round was unbelievable. Some people had him in the late third, early fourth. We couldn't wait to get him. He's 6-1, 220, and he's not a tight end; we're going to put him as a wide receiver. He's from West Allegheny High School in Pittsburgh, Pa. Extremely versatile athlete. There's nothing that this kid can't do. I'll give you an example: His senior year in high school, he ran for over 1,400 yards and 30 TDs. So his running skills after the catch or anything else are exceptional. Played wide receiver, running back, outside linebacker and tight end. Excellent worker. He's a dynamic athlete and a diverse talent. He needs time on the job at the wide receiver position, but he will come in and make all of our special teams. He's going to be a great contributor on special teams. Has very good playing speed, natural quickness. A hybrid-type player at this stage with a terrific upside. He had a 43˝-inch vertical and a long jump of over 10˝ feet. I mean, that is exceptional."

Dr. Gonzo
05-17-2010, 12:35 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/16/slaton-declares-himself-100-percent/

Slaton declares himself 100 percent

Posted by Evan Silva on May 16, 2010 6:29 PM E

During a Sunday appearance on SportsRadio 610 in Houston, Texans running back Steve Slaton (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4651) declared himself 100 percent (http://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/14122669783) recovered from offseason neck surgery.

The operation, described as "cervical fusion," was designed to repair nerve damage in Slaton's neck. Texans coach Gary Kubiak believed that the nerve problems may have contributed to Slaton's frequent fumbling last season.

The former West Virginia Mountaineer fumbled seven times in 11 games (10 starts) after doing so just three times in 16 games (15 starts) as a rookie.

Slaton also revealed that he's shed 15 pounds (http://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/14122750178), getting down to 200. The new weight is closer to where Slaton played in college and in his first pro season.

From 2008 to 2009, Slaton's numbers dropped across the board. His yards-per-carry average fell from 4.8 to a sluggish 3.3. He wound up with six fewer rushing touchdowns and 845 fewer rushing yards. In November, Slaton's fumbles cost him his starting job, with Kubiak implementing a rotation at running back (http://twitter.com/caplannfl/statuses/5373721736).

While his professed health sounds promising, the Texans' use of the 58th overall pick on Ben Tate (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5742) last month indicates that they're not counting on Slaton to be a feature back any longer.

In all likelihood, Slaton will compete with Tate and 2009 late-season star Arian Foster (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5469) to be the team's third-down back. Slaton will have to improve his proficiency in pass protection to win the job.

Dr. Gonzo
05-17-2010, 12:36 PM
This could lead to a great running back tandem of Tate and Slaton. Hopefully he really is back to 100%.

Dr. Gonzo
05-17-2010, 08:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5195587

HOUSTON -- Andre Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4461) has five years remaining on a $60 million contract he signed with the Texans in 2007. The star receiver feels that he's already outplayed that contract, however, and was missing from the start of Houston's voluntary organized team activities on Monday.
Johnson, who led the NFL in receiving yards last season (1,569 yards), is scheduled to make $5.8 million this season.
Texans general manager Rick Smith said Monday that Johnson was missing because he was unhappy with his current contract.

Since Johnson signed his contract, the Arizona Cardinals (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ari)' Larry Fitzgerald (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5528) received a four-year, $40 million deal and new Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia) receiver Brandon Marshall (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9705) agreed to a four-year, $47 million contract after he was traded from the Denver Broncos (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=den).

Smith said that he was "not real worried" about the four-time Pro Bowler's absence.
"He's got five years left on [the deal he signed in 2007]. We're willing to sit down and talk with him and he knows that," Smith said.
Still, Smith said that redoing a contract with five years remaining will be challenging.
"It's very difficult," Smith said. "It's something that's not customary, but we've got a relationship with him and he knows we are willing to sit down and talk with him."
The team's policy under Smith has been to negotiate only with players who are participating in team activities. Smith pointed to what star middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9619) did last offseason when he was unhappy with his contract.
"One of the things that was real smart on his part was the fact that he was upset that we had not been able to come to terms with an agreement, but he came back and was a part of the offseason workout and he was with his teammates, he was a leader and he did things the right way," Smith said. "He played his contract out and he was rewarded."
Johnson's absence is another distraction for a team that has been dealing with Brian Cushing (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12453)'s upcoming four-game suspension for testing positive for a banned substance. The 2010 season could be a pivotal one for the team, which is coming off its first winning record but has never reached the playoffs.
"You'd like to have all your people out here working, especially when we're trying to go do something we never have done," Smith said. "So the ideal situation is to have everybody working together, but as we talked about last week, you've got to be able to deal with distractions."
Smith said he has spoken to the receiver but wouldn't divulge details about their conversations.
"Obviously we want Andre here," coach Gary Kubiak said. "I know he and Rick are talking, so we'll get it worked out. We're not worried about Andre. He'll do his job."
Johnson has 587 receptions for 7,948 yards and 42 touchdowns in seven NFL seasons -- all with Houston.

Dr. Gonzo
05-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Give him anything he wants.

ANYTHING.

I'm sure he will be the highest paid WR soon enough. There is no way they don't redo his deal.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Seemed as good a place to put this as any. Driving home from work takes me and easjer past Reliant Stadium. Yesterday I looked up at their electronic billboard and saw this.
http://townandcountryortho.com/images/toro.jpg

I know the mascot's name is Toro, but am I the only one that thinks the way they have him leaning over the letters makes it look like "Turd's Kids Club"?

Roddy Beaubois
06-12-2010, 12:34 PM
LOL at the ESPN headline. "The Texans need help"

:lol they sure do

benefactor
06-12-2010, 03:12 PM

Welcome to another year of Houston football.

LOL texans
06-14-2010, 09:09 PM

They'll be taking over the mantle from the Browns/Lions after this season....book it.

Dr. Gonzo
06-14-2010, 09:58 PM
If the Texans were in the NCAA they would be ranked #13 in the country.

InRareForm
06-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Texans Baby!

InRareForm
07-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Madden Ratings Released

http://www.houstontexans.com/blog/index.asp?post_id=1222

Dr. Gonzo
07-07-2010, 03:50 PM
I hear Cushing's doping rating is a 95.

InRareForm
07-10-2010, 11:23 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/416363-houston-texans-2010-preview-10-breakout-players?utm_source=newsletter#page/1

agree, but schaubb already had his breakout season last season.

samikeyp
07-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Texans grab a wild card this season.

Dr. Gonzo
07-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Texans win the World Cup.

J.T.
07-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Any Texans homos that I know personally, which is limited to Atrain, Dr. Gonzo and like two of my cousins that live in Houston... yall want to go to the H to either see the game at Reliant or save some money and just get throwed at a bar? My cousin is a pretty huge Texans fan and he called me out on not coming to visit for a while so I'm gonna drive up there early as balls that morning and catch the game somewhere with him. We priced some tickets and found some close ass seats on the 45 yard line for $115 each but the catch is you gotta buy 8 tickets to get that price. And like yeah I don't have $900 I can pull out of my ass so it's probably gonna be Plan B. If Kori gets the NFL blog set up soon that could be like the first offical ST NFL forum GTG or some shit. Let me know.

BSofA04
07-18-2010, 09:33 AM
For those who live here in San Antonio, hope you made it out to BWW last Thursday when Jacoby Jones, David Anderson, cheerleaders and Toro made the trip. I made it there and it was awesome. Easily 250 people attended to get autographs and pics. The line snaked out the door. Glad it pissed off Mike Taylor. I guess there's more than just a few Texan fans in SA. Hell, as a Texan fan I was shocked at the number of fans who attended.

Let's get this season started!

djohn2oo8
07-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Any Texans homos that I know personally, which is limited to Atrain, Dr. Gonzo and like two of my cousins that live in Houston... yall want to go to the H to either see the game at Reliant or save some money and just get throwed at a bar? My cousin is a pretty huge Texans fan and he called me out on not coming to visit for a while so I'm gonna drive up there early as balls that morning and catch the game somewhere with him. We priced some tickets and found some close ass seats on the 45 yard line for $115 each but the catch is you gotta buy 8 tickets to get that price. And like yeah I don't have $900 I can pull out of my ass so it's probably gonna be Plan B. If Kori gets the NFL blog set up soon that could be like the first offical ST NFL forum GTG or some shit. Let me know.

Sounds good

InRareForm
07-18-2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.battleredblog.com/2010/7/15/1566975/frank-bush-and-the-aggressive

Dr. Gonzo
07-18-2010, 08:39 PM

I will talk to the old lady but I would go. I can be the designated driver on the way back as long as you bitches supply the coffee, water and cigs all night. But that sounds like a plan.

Dr. Gonzo
07-30-2010, 08:30 AM
All draft picks signed. AJ is at camp. :smokin

Let the mediocrity begin!

MavDynasty
07-30-2010, 04:02 PM
LOL texans

djohn2oo8
07-30-2010, 05:02 PM
LOL texans

LOL Being the 10th most valuable franchise in the world and never having a playoff appearance. WE STACKKKEDD

Dr. Gonzo
07-30-2010, 06:10 PM
I'd rather they be the least valuable franchise and have a few playoff appearances.

benefactor
07-30-2010, 08:25 PM
I'd rather they be the least valuable franchise and have a few playoff appearances.
:tu

InRareForm
07-31-2010, 02:41 AM

they have been in the league for how long?

benefactor
07-31-2010, 01:28 PM
DAILY WRAP: TRAINING CAMP, DAY 1 (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6236)

The Big News

One of the two major stories on the first day of camp was wide receiver Andre Johnson. The back-to-back league leader in receiving yards missed the first few days of organized team activities this spring because of a contract dispute, but he reported to camp on Friday without a hint of discord.

"I've always wanted to be here," Johnson said after the morning practice. "I've never thought about holding out. I think that me missing the first few days of OTAs got a little blown out of proportion. I came in. I'm here now. That's all that matters."

Texans owner Bob McNair said that even though Johnson has five years left on his contract, he hopes to negotiate a new deal with the star receiver within a couple of weeks.

"Clearly, we've never done anything like this before and there has to be a reason for doing it, and Andre is a special guy so we're giving him some special consideration," McNair said.

The other headliner on Friday was first-round draft pick Kareem Jackson. The rookie cornerback missed the morning practice as he finalized his contract, but he signed shortly thereafter and was out at practice in the afternoon.

"It was very important for me to be out here with my teammates," Jackson said. "These guys are out here running around and sacrificing things. I wanted to get out here and be with them and show that I wanted to be part of the team."

Five Things Worth Noting

• The Texans did not wear pads in either practice on Friday. They practiced outside in front of fans in the morning with 85-degree weather (heat index 105). In the afternoon, they practiced without helmets on inside the Methodist Training Center practice bubble.

• Tight ends Owen Daniels and Anthony Hill, who are recovering from ACL injuries, were placed on the active/PUP list on Friday. They still count toward the 80-man roster limit and can be taken off the list at any time during camp. The Texans are hoping that Daniels, a Pro Bowler in 2008, will be ready for opening day against the Indianapolis Colts in six weeks.

• Xavier Adibi and Danny Clark are the likely candidates to start at strongside linebacker during Brian Cushing's four-game suspension to start the season, but it was Cushing who got the first-team reps on Friday. "As we're teaching these first 10 days, there are a plenty of reps to go around," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. "We don't change anything. As we approach the preseason, then some of that mindset will change."

• As he did during OTAs, Arian Foster lined up as the first-team running back. The backfield competition should be fierce. Steve Slaton and rookie Ben Tate are healthy, and don't forget about Chris Henry and Jeremiah Johnson; Kubiak said that the reps would be split "right down the middle" among all five backs.

• The announced attendance for the Texans' Friday morning practice was 3,714, the largest opening-day crowd in the team's training camp history. "This is a big-time opportunity not only for us, but for fans in the city of Houston to come out and get look at us," quarterback Matt Schaub said. "To see them come out and support us on a hot Friday morning, it means a lot."

Five Things Worth Quoting

"We think he is going to be our first Hall of Famer and we'd like to see him spend his entire career with the Texans, and so hopefully that is what we will be able to achieve. That is what I'd like to see happen. We're ready to sit down and talk about putting something together that might allow that to happen."
- McNair, on Johnson

"It's a big difference. I was in a spread offense. I was getting the signals from the sideline. There wasn't too much in picking up blitzes my last two years."
- Tate, on the Texans' playbook compared to the one he had at Auburn

"That was overwhelming. I've never seen that many numbers, and for it to be going toward me. So that was very overwhelming."
- Jackson, on signing his rookie contract

"I was told back in college by one of my coaches that ‘Confidence is a result of demonstrative performance.' I feel like after the way we finished last season and taking the next step for this franchise we should have confidence. We've had a great offseason of work. We have all the players and enough pieces to the puzzle in place."
- Schaub, on the team's goals

"I've got to have a good camp. I've got to have a great preseason. I've got to prepare myself for when I'm back and I'm going to train harder than ever and I've got to top last year. That's my biggest concern."
- Cushing, on his mentality with being suspended for the first four games of the season

Dr. Gonzo
08-05-2010, 03:03 PM
exans give Andre Johnson extension

HOUSTON -- Andre Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4461) has signed a new contract to stay with the Houston
(http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5439727 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou)

(http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou)
Texans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou) through the 2016 season.

The 29-year-old Johnson had five years left on a deal worth $60 million, but wanted to renegotiate. Texans general manager Rick Smith would not immediately release terms of the new contract, which amounts to a two-year extension.
KRIV-TV in Houston reported that Johnson received a two-year, $23.5 million extension with $13 million guaranteed. His current contract was set to expire after the 2014 season.
Johnson says he's prepared to play for the Texans for his entire career. The All-Pro receiver has led the league in receiving yards the past two seasons and topped 100 catches in three of the past four. He has the NFL's highest receiving yards average (90.2 per game) since 2006.
Last week, team owner Bob McNair said he envisions Johnson becoming the franchise's first Hall of Fame inductee.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

benefactor
08-06-2010, 05:32 AM
I was watching them talk about this on ESPN while I was at the gym yesterday. Good to see they got it done.

Dr. Gonzo
08-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Looks like that piece of shit Cushing is trying to come up with an excuse for his HcG levels being raised.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5449113

HOUSTON -- Suspended Houston Texans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou) linebacker Brian Cushing (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12453) says his positive test for a fertility drug was the result of overtraining.

Cushing is suspended for the first four games this season after testing positive last September for HCG, a drug on the league's banned substance list. Cushing says he never took the drug, which can be used to restart testosterone production after a steroid cycle, and has no idea how it got into his body.
Cushing worked out with his team on Monday morning. He says doctors have told him that the failed drug test resulted from "overtrained athlete syndrome," a condition that he says can trigger hormonal spikes.
Texans owner Bob McNair flew to New York on Monday to meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in hopes of getting Cushing's punishment reduced. The league denied Cushing's appeal of the suspension in February.

Dr. Gonzo
08-09-2010, 11:31 AM
:lmao overtrained athlete syndrome

benefactor
08-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't care what he's taking...just don't be stupid enough to get caught again.

SpuronyourFace
08-11-2010, 12:55 PM
CNNSI already interviewed an expert on the matter. The gist of it was basically the doctor said, yeah it could produce a false posititve at the probability of 1 out of 1000, provided the person has testicular cancer or some other medical issues with their balls.

To my knowledge Cushing has never said he has a problem with his nads.

Just fucking weak if you ask me. Andd McNair is just embarassing the organization by running with this stupid excuse/theory they invented.

Dr. Gonzo
08-11-2010, 02:10 PM
I concur.

Dr. Gonzo
08-11-2010, 02:11 PM
This was posted on another message board and found it amusing.

http://thefastertimes.com/sportschat/2010/08/10/brian-cushing-battles-overtrained-athlete-syndrome-inspires-millions/

Brian Cushing Battles “Overtrained Athlete Syndrome”; Inspires Millions (http://thefastertimes.com/sportschat/2010/08/10/brian-cushing-battles-overtrained-athlete-syndrome-inspires-millions/)

Everybody was so quick to throw Brian Cushing under the bus just because he looks like a roider, acts like a roider, failed an NFL drug test and lost his subsequent appeal. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty, people?

You see, it seems that Brian Cushing didn’t have an elevated level of hCG in his system because he was trying to cover up performance enhancing drug use. It turns out he is just a pregnant woman. No, no, I kid. Although elevated levels of hCG production is most commonly associated with female pregnancy, that is not the problem. It turns out that the misunderstood and maligned Cushing is actually a victim of “Overtrained Athlete’s Syndrom.”

It has been incredibly painful to watch this young man pilloried by the press just because he appears to be completely guilty of doping. But that is the way the world is today. A guy is dogged by steroid rumors for years and fails one teeny, tiny little drug test and suddenly everyone is calling him a cheater. Tsk, tsk.

The only silver lining here is that Cushing’s battle with OAS is sure to inspire millions of people in similar situations. Of course, it won’t do much for other athletes who have failed PED tests due to OAS because Cushing is the only one of those on the face of the Earth. But hopefully Cushing fighting the good fight will give hope to other people struggling with misunderstood syndromes. There are a lot of victims out there with syndromes that fester in the darkness while humanity turns a cold shoulder to their suffering.

Brian Cushing should be shining beacon of light to the victims of these horrible syndromes:

Coital Deprivation Syndrome (CDS) - CDS is one of the leading causes of forgotten anniversaries in the United States of America. CDS tears up homes and ruins families. On the plus side, CDS has the best cure of any known disease.

I Douche Syndrome (IDS) - IDS actually does a pretty good job of thinning out the herd, but unfortunately it also takes out a lot of innocent bystanders. IDS is the result of a chemical imbalance that forces its victims to use any number of mobile phone applications at all times. So the next time you are mashing on your horn and screaming bloody murder at some d-bag who made you miss a red light because he just had to update his status after seeing a guy who looked exactly like “A Man Called Hawk” in the car next to him, remember that you are harassing a sick person.

Chronic Auto-Erotic Discharge Syndrome (CAD) - CAD is one of the most serious threats facing the American workforce today. CAD has an adverse affect on a worker’s efficiency and some estimates claim as high as 65% of all work place tardiness is caused by CAD. CAD often strikes in the morning just before the workday begins. Usually in the shower.

Cowboys Pipe Riding Syndrome (CPRS) - CPRS is a very common disease in males 7-90 across the United States. The syndrome is particularly prevalent in North and Central Texas. Symptoms include, and are limited to, thinking that the Dallas Cowboys are the hands down favorite to win the Super Bowl every single year no matter who is on the team. To the victims, the delusions feel absolutely real. The NFL postseason consistently puts the disease into remission, but CPRS is completely incurable.

That Éclair Was Going To Go Bad Just Sitting There So I Had No Choice But To Eat It Syndrome (TEWGTGBJSTSIHNCBTEIS) - TEWGTGBJSTSIHNCBTEIS is the antithesis of OAS in every way, from its incredibly long acronym to the obesity it causes. Often mistaken for acute laziness and total indifference to dietary hygiene, TEWGTGBJSTSIHNCBTEIS is actually an obsessive compulsive disorder causing victims to stuff their faces with any food left unguarded in the break room refrigerator for more than two hours. Writing your name on your lunch won’t save you from them.

Hopefully, the victims of these various maladies will be able to draw strength from Brian Cushing. There is no reason they should be forced to accept accountability for their shortcomings when they can point a finger at a perfectly good syndrome.

benefactor
08-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Spurstalk = CPRS epidemic

benefactor
08-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Texans starters shine, but Cards win preseason opener (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7153938.html)

GLENDALE, Ariz. — Until the scrubs blew the game in the fourth quarter Saturday night, the Texans did just about everything a head coach could want in a preseason opener.
The Texans led by 16 points early in the fourth quarter before allowing Arizona to pull out a 19-16 victory at University of Phoenix Stadium.
The Texans lost the game, and it appears they have lost running back Ben Tate for the season. On a 12-yard run in the third quarter, the rookie from Auburn suffered what could be a broken ankle and had to be carted off the field.
The Texans’ fast start was ignited by quarterback Matt Schaub, receiver Andre Johnson, defensive end Mario Williams and middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans, all of whom played like the Pro Bowl players they were last season.
The Texans dominated the Cardinals on both sides of the ball for three quarters. Arizona’s comeback was fueled by rookie quarterback John Skelton, a fifth-round pick from Fordham.
Skelton’s 15-yard touchdown pass to running back Jason Wright with 1:53 left provided the Cardinals with their first lead. They didn’t score their first touchdown until 8:30 remained in the game.

Going for the win

The Texans had a chance to win or force overtime on their last drive. With John David Booty at quarterback, they moved from their 15 to the Arizona 34. Booty completed seven passes.
The Texans faced second-and-7 at the 34 with 10 seconds left. Rather than have Neil Rackers attempt a 51-yard field goal to force overtime against his former team, Kubiak thought the Texans could get two plays away.
Booty dropped back, collided with running back Chris Henry and was sacked as time ran out.
“We were going for the win with a go route,” Kubiak said. “If it didn’t work, we would have gone for the field goal. It was Neil’s turn.
“A lot of good things happened in this game, but any time you play, you want to win. We let this one get away from us.
“Our Ones (starters) did a good job on both sides of the ball. That’s the kind of consistency we’re looking for.
“We had some negatives with our Twos, but they worked hard, too, and they made some big plays as well. We’ll get that fixed.
“We had a lot of great things happen on defense except during the fourth quarter when we had a lot of pups on the field.”
Kubiak pulled most of his starters with the Texans leading 10-0 late in the first quarter.
Schaub was 5-of-6 passing for 78 yards and a touchdown. His rating was a perfect 158.3.
Johnson had three catches for 59 yards, including a 44-yard touchdown. He put a terrific move on Cardinals cornerback Justin Miller and caught a perfectly thrown pass from Schaub.
Williams, who hasn’t practice much because of a hip/groin/pelvic injury, had two sacks.
“Shows practice is overrated, huh?” Kubiak said.
Although he didn’t get as much attention as the Pro Bowl starters, second-year running back Arian Foster looked good, too. On the game’s first series, his 21-yard run helped set up a field goal. He finished with four carries for 31 yards.

Starting off with a bang

Even though it was an exhibition game on the road, the Texans took charge early only to let up late in the game.
The first time the Texans’ defense was on the field, it stomped the Cardinals’ offense. Linebacker Brian Cushing blasted running back Tim Hightower and forced a fumble that Arizona recovered. Williams then sacked Leinart for a 12-yard loss.
The second time the Texans got the ball, Schaub threw the 44-yard touchdown pass as Johnson got behind Miller, who thought he had help from a safety.
With Dan Orlovsky at quarterback in the second quarter, the Texans drove to a third-and-goal at the Cardinals’ 1-yard line. One problem, running back Steve Slaton reverted back to an old trick. He fumbled into the end zone at the 1. Last year, he fumbled seven times and lost five.
“That was a negative, but he did some good things before the fumble,” Kubiak said. “We’ll get it worked out.”

Defense comes up big

The defense came up with a big play on the Cardinals’ next series. Backup quarterback Anderson threw a pass that was intercepted by free safety Troy Nolan and returned 29 yards.
Slaton promptly was replaced by Tate, the second-round draft choice. Tate lost 5 yards on his first carry, had a 5-yard catch and then suffered the injury in the third quarter.
Brown and Rackers kicked field goals that gave the Texans a 16-0 lead in the fourth quarter. By that time, Kubiak had cleared his bench of his starters and many of his second-team players.

THEY CAME TO PLAY

Standout performances from the Texans' preseason opener at Arizona on Saturday night:

Matt Schaub

QUARTERBACK

Completed five of six passes for 78 yards and a 44-yard touchdown to Andre Johnson; had a perfect rating of 158.3.

Arian Foster

RUNNING BACK

Finished with 31 yards on four carries, including a 21-yard run that helped set up a field goal.

Mario Williams

DEFENSIVE END

Had three tackles and two sacks in his 12 plays.

benefactor
08-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Sucks losing Tate for the season. I was hoping he could come in and contribute right away. Foster looked fantastic though. Slayton...well...he couldn't even make it through his first preseason game without fumbling. Jeremiah Johnson could wind up filling the gap Tate left behind.

Dr. Gonzo
08-15-2010, 10:21 AM
I was extremely impressed with the way Sharpton played. He was flying all over the field. Nolan did extremely well. The 1st string D got a ton of pressure on the QB on the first 2 drives and that helped the secondary.

I sucks to lose Tate but Foster and JJ could end up being a nice RB tandem.

benefactor
08-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Back to the drawing board.

lol Texans

benefactor
08-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Nice bounce back win after that debacle last week. The offense was clicking and the defense looked great. I'm ready for the season to start dammit!

djohn2oo8
08-29-2010, 08:02 AM
Nice bounce back win after that debacle last week. The offense was clicking and the defense looked great. I'm ready for the season to start dammit!

If they beat the Colts, it could set the tone for the whole season

Dr. Gonzo
08-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Slaton and Kris Brown were injured last night. Looks like Rackers will be the kicker. Slaton has turf toe and will try to be ready for Indy. I think JJ and Foster are the two backs getting the most reps in the regular season anyway.

Goran Dragic
08-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Don't expect anything clutch from Rackers

Dr. Gonzo
08-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Don't expect anything clutch from Rackers

Trust me, I'm not. I'm not expecting anything over 50 yards either.

Goran Dragic
08-29-2010, 01:17 PM
If your team has a lead of 2+ possessions 50 yards is well within Rackers' range :lol

Dr. Gonzo
09-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Kris Brown is gone. Jerimiah Johnson and Chris Henry are going to the practice squad and they signed Derrick Ward.

Interesting day.

benefactor
09-04-2010, 09:57 PM
I missed the last game and I have been a bit out of the loop while following the hurricane.

Really sucks that JJ got hurt. He was looking like a sure fire solution to the backup RB issue. Now we have to hope that Ward can bring something to the table. Pray to football gods for Foster Texans fans. Pray.

Spursfan092120
09-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Maximum Sports in San Antonio just said the Texans want Matt Leinart. ESPN said they're close to terms...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5537474

Dr. Gonzo
09-05-2010, 10:31 PM
I've been reading about that all day. It's hard to believe that Kubiak would already be giving up on Orvlosky as the backup. Maybe they will be keeping 3 QBs on the roster just in case. I don't like that he is a lefty and has a terrible work ethic. Maybe being cut will knock him down a few pegs and he will realize he has to work to be an NFL QB.

Dr. Gonzo
09-05-2010, 10:40 PM
There are also rumors out about Aaron Schobel coming out of "retirement" to join the squad. Right now, they are at 52 players with one spot open. If he does decide to sign up I wonder if they still go after Leinart or make another cut to get them both in. Tomorrow should be interesting.

I'd really like to see Schobel playing opposite Mario. He had 10 sacks last season and could go for another 10 this season playing opposite a pro-bowler.

Spursfan092120
09-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Schobel wouldn't be a bad pickup at all...Leinart makes no sense if you have Orlovsky...Leinart is not an NFL QB...period.

Dr. Gonzo
09-05-2010, 11:54 PM
From John McClain:

Lots of reports say Aaron Schobel will sign with Texans on Monday. They've had an offer on the table for him. Right now, he's still retired.

benefactor
09-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Leinart? lol Texans

Dr. Gonzo
09-06-2010, 12:23 AM
http://www.thedirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/matty-blows-bottle1.jpg

Spursfan092120
09-06-2010, 12:24 AM
From John McClain:

Lots of reports say Aaron Schobel will sign with Texans on Monday. They've had an offer on the table for him. Right now, he's still retired.
good signing, if it happens.

benefactor
09-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Texans...where shitty ex-USC QB's happen.

Dr. Gonzo
09-06-2010, 12:27 AM
DE: Mario Williams, Antonio Smith, Schobel, Conner Barwin
DT: Amobi Okoye, Earl Mitchell, Frank Okam, Shaun Cody

That's a pretty good D-Line rotation. Especially on pass downs where they move Antonio inside with Amobi and have Schobel and Mario on the outside. I think I like that.

Spursfan092120
09-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Texans...where shitty ex-USC QB's happen.
No worries..he won't see any snaps...I'd love to see his ass on your practice squad..lol

Spursfan092120
09-06-2010, 12:32 AM
http://www.thedirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/matty-blows-bottle1.jpg
:lmao:lmao
Those guys are just SCREAMING gay porn...just by the look of em..

Dr. Gonzo
09-06-2010, 12:32 AM
No worries..he won't see any snaps...I'd love to see his ass on your practice squad..lol

That would be the best situation for him but I doubt his pride allows him to sign with a team to go to a practice squad. At this point he should be happy anyone is interested. Not even Pete Carroll wanted his ass on the Seahawks.

Spursfan092120
09-06-2010, 12:36 AM
That would be the best situation for him but I doubt his pride allows him to sign with a team to go to a practice squad. At this point he should be happy anyone is interested. Not even Pete Carroll wanted his ass on the Seahawks.
That should actually be a sign to the Texans, tbh...if Carroll doesn't want him, he has to know he's not a pro QB...after Leinart won 2 National Championships with him, to not even want him to carry a clipboard? That's light a big fucking spotlight on the obvious.

Spursfan092120
09-06-2010, 12:12 PM
smh

Updated: September 6, 2010, 12:55 PM ET
Matt Leinart agrees to join Texans

Former Arizona Cardinals (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ari/arizona-cardinals) quarterback Matt Leinart (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9596) has agreed to one-year contract with the Houston Texans (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/hou/houston-texans) after finding little interest from the rest of the NFL's 31 teams.
He will take a physical, sign the contract and join the team Monday. Agent Tom Condon confirmed the agreement in a phone interview with The Associated Press.
Leinart will become the Texans' third quarterback behind starter Matt Schaub (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5615) and backup Dan Orlovsky (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8559), who will remain the No. 2 at least until Leinart has some command of Houston's offensive scheme, sources said.
The Texans cut John David Booty (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11355), another former USC quarterback, when they trimmed their roster to the mandatory 53 limit on Saturday, leaving Schaub and Orlovsky as the two quarterbacks. Orlovsky threw two interceptions against the Buccaneers in the final preseason game but coach Gary Kubiak otherwise described the Texans' backup as having a "strong" training camp.
Leinart will be working with some of the NFL's best receiving talent, including All-Pro Andre Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4461). Leinart, who was released Saturday, also had great receivers in Arizona, led by All-Pro Larry Fitzgerald (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5528).
Leinart's financial terms for 2010 were not immediately available.
The Cardinals parted ways with the former Heisman Trophy winner days after Leinart went public with his frustration over being replaced by Cleveland castoff Derek Anderson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8627).
Leinart complained he had outplayed Anderson and that his problems with coach Ken Whisenhunt were "probably away from football." That led to a meeting with Whisenhunt the following day. Although he was unhappy that Leinart took his issues public, Whisenhunt praised how the quarterback handled things.
"The one thing I want to make very clear is how professional Matt was about the whole situation," the coach said. "I was very impressed with his conversation with me. He thanked the organization, the ownership, for all the time and effort that they had invested in him. He felt like he had gotten better and he had learned a lot and it meant a lot to me to hear him say that."
Arizona thought it had a steal when Leinart, who led Southern California to two national championships and a third title game appearance, fell to the Cardinals at the No. 10 overall pick in 2006. He started 11 games as a rookie under then-coach Dennis Green, then the first five the following season under new coach Ken Whisenhunt. But the big left-hander went down with a broken collarbone and Kurt Warner (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1682) took over.
Warner finished his career with two spectacular seasons, leading Arizona to consecutive NFC West titles, an incredible run to the Super Bowl and a 51-45 overtime victory over Green Bay in a playoff thriller last season.
Leinart threw for 3,893 yards with 14 touchdowns and 20 interceptions with Arizona.
Chris Mortensen is ESPN's senior NFL analyst. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5538812

benefactor
09-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Guy Grenouille: I don't want that loser on the team. Everybody's gonna laugh at us.
Lyle Robideaux: Everybody already 'is' laughing at us.

benefactor
09-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Stat of the week...Manning was 4-12 on third down. The defense bent, but held up in a big season opening win.

Way to finish...now do it every week.

Whisky Dog
09-13-2010, 02:19 PM
That was an awesome win by the texans. They look like a great team, good luck to them.

AlleyOopNazi
09-13-2010, 05:16 PM
I made a new thread that will hold texans postgame interviews and video. Strait from houston texan's official radio station Sportsradio610.com, and from nfl.com

Dr. Gonzo
09-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Texans sign Ogunleye to replace Barwin. I really hated to see Barwin go down but at least Ogunleye is a suitable replacement.

GuerillaBlack
09-15-2010, 12:05 AM
Ogunleye is a great replacement. Other than his first year in the league, he has at least had five sacks every year (last year he had 6.5). Texans also signed Ryan Denney and are putting Tim Bulman on the practice squad.

InRareForm
09-15-2010, 10:10 AM
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Playbook-Colts-vs-Texans-recap/ea2b5865-7738-4cd6-8551-b99cd04f6eed

Bipolar Bob
09-15-2010, 12:14 PM
They looked but that ain't hard to do against the colts.

LOL texans
09-19-2010, 09:38 AM
I think Washington wins this one.

djohn2oo8
09-19-2010, 09:55 AM
I think Washington wins this one.

Me too. Classic trap game

LOL texans
09-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Me too. Classic trap game

Not because I think Washington is good, but because Kyle Shannahan knows that team pretty well obviously He should of been able to relay to his dad and Haslett how to attack the texan offense, what each player's weaknesses are.

Dr. Gonzo
09-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Not because I think Washington is good, but because Kyle Shannahan knows that team pretty well obviously He should of been able to relay to his dad and Haslett how to attack the texan offense, what each player's weaknesses are.

This could go both ways. If anyone knows what Shannahan wants to do its Kubiak. He was a huge part of the Broncos success in the late 90s, early 2000s.

MannyIsGod
09-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Its a trap game because the Redskins are the better team! :tu

benefactor
09-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Holy shit what a catch!

djohn2oo8
09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Wow :wow Even if they lose this, they still played with alot of heart

dbestpro
09-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Houston will win the superbowl in Dallas and show the rest of Texas who the real champion is in Texas.

Dr. Gonzo
09-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Houston will win the superbowl in Dallas and show the rest of Texas who the real champion is in Texas.

Shut the fuck up. It was 1 win. A good win but still just that, 1 win.

They played with chingos of heart today. The secondary sucks ass but should improve weekly. Romo is going to have a field day with the rookie. I expect another close one next week.

Dr. Gonzo
09-19-2010, 08:30 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h290/midgetonadonkey/09000d5d81aaa960_gallery_600.jpg

benefactor
09-19-2010, 09:20 PM
AJ is a damn warrior.

They showed some heart but it was a lot of luck too. Kubiak was very stupid to give the ball back to McNabb instead of trying FG after he'd been raping the secondary all day. I was sure the game was over.

Dr. Gonzo
09-19-2010, 09:32 PM
AJ is a damn warrior.

They showed some heart but it was a lot of luck too. Kubiak was very stupid to give the ball back to McNabb instead of trying FG after he'd been raping the secondary all day. I was sure the game was over.

Rackers had already missed a 47 yard attempt and he passed kidney stones earlier in the week. He had no confidence in him. I thought it was a good move.

benefactor
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
He made one from 47 too though...and watching the view from the end zone, it looked like it easily had enough leg to be in the mid 50's and still get through.

I think he's gotta chance it. Giving the ball back to McNabb when he was having his way with the secondary like he was is almost suicide. If Gano doesn't get iced with TO then it goes the other way.

djohn2oo8
09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Let's take this win tho....Hopefully their confidence builds and focus in on Dallas coming in

benefactor
09-19-2010, 09:49 PM
I will witness the demise in person.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs623.snc4/58315_1273102407646_1832516137_520531_7881281_n.jp g

djohn2oo8
09-19-2010, 09:51 PM
I will witness the demise in person.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs623.snc4/58315_1273102407646_1832516137_520531_7881281_n.jp g

nice!

Spursfan092120
09-19-2010, 09:57 PM
phenomenal win today, you guys...you showed a hell of a lot of heart. Didn't think the Texans had it in them. tbh, I thought Dallas would run over you next week, but now? I'm nervous as hell.

Eric Dampier
09-19-2010, 09:59 PM
I thought Dallas would run over you next week.

No Way!!!:wow:wow:wow

Spursfan092120
09-19-2010, 10:00 PM
No Way!!!:wow:wow:wow
ok..let me rephrase that...I thought Dallas would run over them before the season started...we've played like shit so far...we don't look like we could run over a DII university right now..

djohn2oo8
09-19-2010, 10:01 PM
phenomenal win today, you guys...you showed a hell of a lot of heart. Didn't think the Texans had it in them. tbh, I thought Dallas would run over you next week, but now? I'm nervous as hell.

We'll see, our secondary needs to get it together quickly

Spursfan092120
09-19-2010, 10:03 PM
they're young, but when you have Mario Williams going after Romo, the way our O-Line is not protecting, and the way Garrett doesn't figure out how to fucking call plays until 3 minutes are left in the game when we're down 10, it's hard to tell what the hell kind of team we have.

Lee Corso
09-19-2010, 10:03 PM
ok..let me rephrase that...I thought Dallas would run over them before the season started...we've played like shit so far...we don't look like we could run over a DII university right now..

i don't know what it is but the fact that 092120 completely missed the jab at his blatant homerism along with his already lengthy rap sheet of getting bukakked on in the NFL forum, means that he is left with no choice but to talk to the olllllllllllll ball coach after det one!

i saaaaaaaiiiiiiidddddd

Dr. Gonzo
09-19-2010, 10:04 PM

I agree. They caught a lot of breaks today. The Redskins offense looked horrid against Dallas but looked fantastic this week. I think the Cowboys will turn it around and will look a lot better than have in a while.

Spursfan092120
09-19-2010, 10:13 PM
i don't know what it is but the fact that 092120 completely missed the jab at his blatant homerism along with his already lengthy rap sheet of getting bukakked on in the NFL forum, means that he is left with no choice but to talk to the olllllllllllll ball coach after det one!

i saaaaaaaiiiiiiidddddd
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6m8folFNr1qafu1v.gif

lol thinking I didn't realize the jab

lol Captain Obvious

Spursfan092120
09-19-2010, 10:13 PM
I agree. They caught a lot of breaks today. The Redskins offense looked horrid against Dallas but looked fantastic this week. I think the Cowboys will turn it around and will look a lot better than have in a while.
won't take much for Dallas to look a lot better than they have in a while...still might not be enough to beat Houston.

bresilhac
09-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Congratulations Houston Texans on a terrific come from behind win. You deserved it.

Now go back home and crush the living shit out of the cowpigs next week.

Hail.

dirk4mvp
09-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Good win by the Texans.

Andre Johnson being a crominant nigga from the U like he's supposed to be.

Bernard Pollard is still an upper echelon faggot in the league.

GuerillaBlack
09-20-2010, 12:34 AM
AJ is a damn warrior.

Nah. Rackers had just pissed out rocks. He wasn't at full strength and would have most likely missed the FG, thus giving the Redskins a short field. This is exactly what happened to the Redskins when their kicker missed his second try. The Texans had a short field and ended the game. And McNabb torched the secondary because there was no pass rush until the second half (mainly the fourth quarter). The Texans D had been doing well against the Redskins offense the previous few drives, so Kubiak had faith. It worked.

EricB
09-20-2010, 03:28 AM
Never read or heard that about Rackers.

The team looked dead in the water after that Cooley TD too.

A win that can really build a team and get em going.

They have a damn damn good opportunity to be undefeated going into their bye week.

GuerillaBlack
09-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Never read or heard that about Rackers.

The team looked dead in the water after that Cooley TD too.

A win that can really build a team and get em going.

They have a damn damn good opportunity to be undefeated going into their bye week.

They said it during the game multiple times.

benefactor
09-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Nah. Rackers had just pissed out rocks. He wasn't at full strength and would have most likely missed the FG, thus giving the Redskins a short field. This is exactly what happened to the Redskins when their kicker missed his second try. The Texans had a short field and ended the game. And McNabb torched the secondary because there was no pass rush until the second half (mainly the fourth quarter). The Texans D had been doing well against the Redskins offense the previous few drives, so Kubiak had faith. It worked.
The one he made from 47 earlier looked pretty damn good. I remember watching it go through from the end zone shot and thinking it could have easily made it from 55.

I still don't agree with the call, but they won the game so arguing about it is pointless. On to next week when the JV team comes to town.

Kai
09-20-2010, 01:46 PM
I don't know if you guys noticed, but every time there was a kickoff in the direction that Rackers would have kicked the FG, the wind carried the ball over to the very left of the field. Remember the kickoff that Slaton stepped out of bounds? the next couple kickoffs followed that direction and almost went out of bounds every time. That's the reason Kubiak didn't want to kick it.

LOL texans
09-20-2010, 09:21 PM
LOL texan fans getting wet vaginas over a 2-0 record :lmao

PublicOption
09-20-2010, 11:40 PM
LOL texan fans getting wet vaginas over a 2-0 record :lmao

LOL @ faggot cowboys fans who haven't given up on their sorry ass team.

next week the Texans will stick a fork in Dallas. and they will be done for the season. :lmao

Dave Mustaine
09-20-2010, 11:42 PM
>have Peyton Manning and Jeff Saturday as his avatar
>Cowboys fan

BUMP
09-21-2010, 01:17 AM
>username LOL texans
>Colts in avatar
>My face after he said he was a cowboys fan

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uG-EERz3GqA/SPmhGbb_kkI/AAAAAAAAAN8/wmA-TXnY9r8/s400/weird+face.jpg

Dave Mustaine
09-21-2010, 01:20 AM
>my face when BUMP's face

http://stuckbetweenstations.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/surprises.png

IronMexican
09-21-2010, 01:28 AM
>my face when I learn BUMP goes to /sp/, or somwhere

http://i52.tinypic.com/33begl3.jpg

HarlemHeat37
09-21-2010, 01:28 AM
>what everybody wishes their face looked like..

http://www.getreligion.org/wp-content/photos/2009/07/tebow316.jpg

Dave Mustaine
09-21-2010, 01:32 AM
>my face when you use a shopped pic with the score of Alabama kicking Tebow in the nuts

http://www.outdoorsportsaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Tebow-Crying.jpg

Dave Mustaine
09-21-2010, 01:35 AM
>my face when I learn BUMP goes to /sp/, or somwhere

http://i52.tinypic.com/33begl3.jpg

>jimmypageplaysguitar.jpg

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/4191/David+Gilmour.jpg

Dr. Gonzo
09-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Another PED suspension.

Adam_Schefter

Texans LT Duane Brown has been suspended without pay for four games for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances.

Dr. Gonzo
09-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Duane Brown: "I unknowingly took a supplement tainted with a banned substance and now have to deal with the consequences."

Dr. Gonzo
Fucking asshole. No wonder he was so good this season. Fuck him!

Dr. Gonzo
And fuck all you Rocket fan that will come in defending this cheater.

rockets
09-21-2010, 03:33 PM
And fuck all you Rocket fan that will come in defending this cheater.

STFU!

I've been in the NFL forum for years and you just recently showed up bandwagoner!

Dr. Gonzo
09-21-2010, 03:58 PM
lol

djohn2oo8
09-21-2010, 04:19 PM
lol

Not sayin what he did was right, but do you honestly believe that this is not common in the NFL???

Back2BackInThe90sFTW
09-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Not sayin what he did was right, but do you honestly believe that this is not common in the NFL???

Exactly!!!!

They should make an exception because we are a week and a half from our superbowl victory with another superbowl coming up this weekend!!!

:elephant

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-21-2010, 04:59 PM
:lmao

djohn2oo8
09-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Exactly!!!!

They should make an exception because we are a week and a half from our superbowl victory with another superbowl coming up this weekend!!!

:elephant

Hey Bump, shouldn't you be trolling Koriwhat?

J.T.
09-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Another Houston player suspended for PEDs? Bunch of fucking cheaters if you ask me.

LOL texans
09-21-2010, 07:58 PM
LOL @ faggot cowboys fans who haven't given up on their sorry ass team.

next week the Texans will stick a fork in Dallas. and they will be done for the season. :lmao

:lmao @ thinking I'm a Cowboys fan

you stupid faggot texan fan

LOL texans
09-21-2010, 07:58 PM
You have to wonder which other texans are using PEDs?

Fucking worse cheaters than the Pats....

LOL texans
09-21-2010, 07:59 PM
"but, but, but, but, eveyone does it" - typical texan faggot fan

J.T.
09-21-2010, 08:30 PM
yeah using peds is prob like the spygate thing, i bet more teams/players are doing it that have been caught but you're just dumb for getting caught

Dave Mustaine
09-21-2010, 10:53 PM
>what everybody wishes their face looked like..

http://www.getreligion.org/wp-content/photos/2009/07/tebow316.jpg

>my face when you get regulated and edit the pic

>my face when I don't have a face

HarlemHeat37
09-21-2010, 11:20 PM
:lol I don't watch College football, I get a pass, TBH..

AlleyOopNazi
09-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Wow what a bunch of whiners. Over the counter medicine can get you a 4 game suspension if your not careful. Plus these guys are football players, not exactly Pulitzer prize winning material. The guy got suspended, its not like he got over in this situation, hardly.
Bunch of bitch ass sour colts fans

Dr. Gonzo
09-22-2010, 11:19 PM
http://captionsearch.com/pix/t1gb4klq3.jpg

The_BusDriver
09-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Another Houston player suspended for PEDs? Bunch of fucking cheaters if you ask me.

the proof is in the pudding.