PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Paul Pierce out 2 months with broken foot

Mike D
02-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Paul Pierce out 2 months? Broken foot

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/02/02/p...com%3A+News%29 (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/02/02/pierce.foot/index.html?rss=true&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nba%2FKGkm+%28NBA.com%3A+News %29)

Already reeling from a spate of injuries to key players, the Boston Celtics may have lost All-Star forward Paul Pierce for a significant period of time to a broken left foot, according to a league source.

The team does not know for sure if Pierce's foot is broken after X-rays taken Tuesday; more tests are scheduled. But it "looks that way," the league source said.

The Celtics are hopeful that even if the foot is broken that Pierce won't be out of the lineup for long. But they are not yet certain of that.

Pierce suffered the injury in the first half of Boston's 99-88 victory over Washington Monday night when he got tangled up with the Wizards' Caron Butler going for a loose ball. He said after the game that he thought he sprained the ankle but didn't believe the injury was serious.

The 32-year-old was averaging 18.9 points this season on 47 percent shooting, and was named to his eighth All-Star team last month.

bostonguy
02-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Meh. With KG on the decline, this just adds to the implosion.

TheMACHINE
02-02-2010, 05:32 PM
mother fucker. So i lost Paul Pierce and Chris Paul on my fantasy Bball team.

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Wow, this is horrible..Celtics are breaking down at a record rate..

IronMexican
02-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Fantasy sports is gay. How can you guys even root for rival teams? This is the type of shit that could ruin relationships.

TheMACHINE
02-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Fantasy sports is gay. How can you guys even root for rival teams? This is the type of shit that could ruin relationships.

Im rooting for Rival players as they whoop on rival teams. :downspin:

bostonguy
02-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Wow, this is horrible..Celtics are breaking down at a record rate..

Yep. This was inevitable though. I still can't say getting KG/Allen was stupid. It brought the Celts back into relevancy and won them a championship. It was a great run but I knew this team had a 1-3 year window soon after that trade was made Summer of 2007.

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2010, 05:37 PM
It definitely wasn't stupid at all..1 title >>>> going deep in the playoffs or just making the playoffs for a bunch of seasons..

redzero
02-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Good, he'll keep Chris Paul company in these difficult times.

bostonguy
02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
It definitely wasn't stupid at all..1 title >>>> going deep in the playoffs or just making the playoffs for a bunch of seasons..

Exactly. They tried building for the future for a while and it just wasn't getting them anywhere. Time to blow it all up this summer and start over again. Either trade Allen now or let him walk in July. Pierce I believe has another year left on his deal. KG we are stuck with for a few more years. Boston gave him that big ass extension soon after they acquired him.

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
*in before somebody makes a wheelchair joke*..

JamStone
02-02-2010, 05:42 PM
It could be worse. He could have been stabbed in the throat.

What? He was? Nevermind then.

TheMACHINE
02-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Pierce is tough...he wont need a wheelchair for a broken foot. But he'll probably need one for a sprained shoulder.

bostonguy
02-02-2010, 05:49 PM
It could be worse. He could have been stabbed in the throat.

What? He was? Nevermind then.

I don't know if you are trying to be a douche bag or trying to be funny. I don't see the point in joking about that. I know you hate Pierce with a passion. You have expressed that enough. I mean the fact that you had to joke about him the time he was stabbed is evident enough. :rolleyes

JamStone
02-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't know if you are trying to be a douche bag or trying to be funny. I don't see the point in joking about that. I know you hate Pierce with a passion. You have expressed that enough.

It was a joke. I don't really care if you don't find it funny or not. But I don't hate Paul Pierce. Not a fan of his, but I don't hate him.

And give me a break. With all the shit that's been posted on these boards, you can't seriously be offended by that. It's not like he died. And it was like 8 years ago.

bostonguy
02-02-2010, 05:56 PM
It was a joke. I don't really care if you don't find it funny or not. But I don't hate Paul Pierce. Not a fan of his, but I don't hate him.

And give me a break. With all the shit that's been posted on these boards, you can't seriously be offended by that. It's not like he died. And it was like 8 years ago.

Joking about a stabbing like that isn't funny especially when it really happened. Thing is you dislike Pierce more than any other player in the nba so when you say something like that, it sounds like you despise him. Joking about something serious like that is NEVER funny. It's like if people joked about Derek Fishers sick child.

Mike D
02-02-2010, 05:58 PM
http://cache.boston.com/images/blog/redesign/sports/625x121_celticsBlog.gif (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/)

Pierce's injury appears serious (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/02/pierces_injury.html)

Link (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/02/pierces_injury.html)|Comments (0) (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/02/pierces_injury.html?comments=all#readerComm) Posted by Gary Washburn Globe Staff February 2, 2010 05:39 PM

The Celtics conducted X-rays on the left foot of Paul Pierce on Tuesday and are expected to make an announcement Wednesday. The injury appears more serious than a sprain and he is expected to have the foot re-examined before any information is released. Pierce was injured with 2:01 left in the first period after Caron Butler landed on his foot during a scramble for the ball. Pierce returned to the game and played another 17 minutes but he scored one point and was held out in the fourth quarter by coach Doc Rivers.

If Pierce is out for any extended period of time, team president Danny Ainge would likely be in scramble mode to acquire a scorer or help off the bench.

What is Williams tweeting about? (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/02/what_is_william.html)

Link (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/02/what_is_william.html)|Comments (3) (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/02/what_is_william.html?comments=all#readerComm) Posted by Chad Finn, Globe Staff February 2, 2010 03:51 PM
Perhaps this qualifies as paranoid speculation, but on a day when Celtics forward Paul Pierce underwent X-rays on the foot he injured in last night's victory over the Wizards, it is at least curious that his teammate, backup forward Shelden Williams, would cryptically tweet the following at 3:20 this afternoon:

@SheldenWilliams: Man when it rains it pours!!! Yall will find out what I mean soon!!!!The Celtics have not yet released the results of Pierce's X-rays. Stay tuned.

The Celtics will not release an official comment until wednesday.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

JamStone
02-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Joking about a stabbing like that isn't funny especially when it really happened. Thing is you dislike Pierce more than any other player in the nba so when you say something like that, it sounds like you despise him. Joking about something serious like that is NEVER funny. It's like if people joked about Derek Fishers sick child.

I dislike Dwyane Wade a hell of a lot more than Paul Pierce. I don't like Paul Pierce. Not a fan of his. But, I probably dislike two of his teammates even more than him, Eddie House and KG (who I used to be a big fan of).

Make sure you get on your self-righteous soapbox the next time someone makes a post joking about Kobe raping a girl, or the next time someone makes an incest or pedophile joke, or the next time someone makes a racist comment.

Why is it not funny when it really happened? Is Paul Pierce going to read that post and cry and go through that traumatic event again in his head? Why can't it be joked about? Because all the other stupid jokes made on these boards are acceptable unless it's a player on the team you root for? Pierce got stabbed in the throat. It happened. That's why I can joke about it. If it didn't happen, my joke would make no sense.

Please.

IronMexican
02-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Nothing wrong with making fun of shit like that. When my cousin got shot, we all laughed about it later. When you get you're ass kicked, you laugh about it. He didn't die, so get over it.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I can imagine Pierce throwing up a retarded LA area related gang sign the second before he was stabbed 11 times. A real hard-ass that one.

21_Blessings
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6080583,00.jpg

djohn2oo8
I dislike Dwyane Wade a hell of a lot more than Paul Pierce. I don't like Paul Pierce. Not a fan of his. But, I probably dislike two of his teammates even more than him, Eddie House and KG (who I used to be a big fan of).

Make sure you get on your self-righteous soapbox the next time someone makes a post joking about Kobe raping a girl, or the next time someone makes an incest or pedophile joke, or the next time someone makes a racist comment.

Why is it not funny when it really happened? Is Paul Pierce going to read that post and cry and go through that traumatic event again in his head? Why can't it be joked about? Because all the other stupid jokes made on these boards are acceptable unless it's a player on the team you root for? Pierce got stabbed in the throat. It happened. That's why I can joke about it. If it didn't happen, my joke would make no sense.

Please.

His injuries were life threatening. If you must joke about someone being physically harmed, then you have problems

Muser
02-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Cavaliers just cemented their place in the finals.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 06:16 PM

Just like last year.

Muser
02-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Just like last year.

Who can beat them? Orlando? Atlanta might have a chance but it's pretty damn likely the Cavs get there.

crc21209
02-02-2010, 06:21 PM
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6080583,00.jpg

You can laugh all you want...he still came back and kicked your asses...:lol

JamStone
02-02-2010, 06:25 PM
His injuries were life threatening. If you must joke about someone being physically harmed, then you have problems

Guess I have problems then.

It's just strange that people would have problems with that joke on a messageboard where people laugh about rape, pedophelia, racial violence, and even people dying in hurricanes. Moreover, a messageboard where it's not uncommon for fans to joke about players getting injured all the time, hoping this player blows out his knee or that player gets punched in the face.

bostonguy
02-02-2010, 06:31 PM

They had that spot cemented for quite some time now. KG being a shell of his former self shut the Celts window for good. This is just icing on the cake.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Who can beat them? Orlando? Atlanta might have a chance but it's pretty damn likely the Cavs get there.

Wake me up when Cleveland beats Orlando in a seven game series. Or you can just hand the Cavs the championship just like everybody did last regular season.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 06:33 PM

More like kicked Luke Walton and Randamonvich's asses.

08 Boston was a one and done fluke. Only happened because the Lakers were MISSING TWO STARTERS due to injury. Which just goes to show how terrible the 2008 Spurs were and makes the 07 championship look even more suspect. :flag:

bostonguy
02-02-2010, 06:34 PM

Please.

You like meatloaf?

Pistons < Spurs
02-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Rip and Tay for Ray Allen!

redzero
02-02-2010, 06:38 PM

It's just strange that people would have problems with that joke on a messageboard where people laugh about rape, pedophelia, racial violence, and even people dying in hurricanes. Moreover, a messageboard where it's not uncommon for fans to joke about players getting injured all the time, hoping this player blows out his knee or that player gets punched in the face.

The worse the injury, the funnier it is. We hold this truth to be self-evident.

sribb43
02-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Pussy

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 06:47 PM

08 Boston was a one and done fluke. Only happened because the Lakers were MISSING TWO STARTERS due to injury. Which just goes to show how terrible the 2008 Spurs were and makes the 07 championship look even more suspect. :flag:

You just never give up repeating that stupid lie, you pathetic fuck.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 06:50 PM

It's the fucking truth. Donaghy on tape, making shitty calls against the Spurs in game 3. Stern suspending Phoenix's best player in a critical game 6. 2007 title was a huge fucking joke and the Lakers exposed that weak Spurs team 300 or so days later.

Enjoy the rebuilding process, Spurs fan. :flag:

Amaso
02-02-2010, 06:51 PM

What is he lying about? That the Lakers were missing Ariza/Bynum or that they would've beaten the Celtics?

Muser
02-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Wake me up when Cleveland beats Orlando in a seven game series. Or you can just hand the Cavs the championship just like everybody did last regular season.

Orlando lost a big matchup problem in Hedo and now you have the big fat shaq preventing howard from beasting in the paint. Add Vince chucking and Van Gundy having a fucked up rotation and I just don't see how orlando can win.

Of course it's all moot, Lakers got this locked up already IMO, barring any serious injury to Pau/Kobe.

resistanze
02-02-2010, 06:53 PM
What is he lying about? That the Lakers were missing Ariza/Bynum or that they would've beaten the Celtics?

^^ Truth. I saw the future in a different dimension, the Lakers won in that alternate reality.

Muser
02-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Just saw it on ILP, damn that looked nasty with Butlers weight on his foot/ankle.

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 06:59 PM

Ariza wasn't a starter until the end of the 08-09 season. Not before he got injured in 07-08. Not until March of 08-09. Crying about Ariza being out would be like a Spurs fan complaining about the last month because of Bonner's injury. This is some revisionist bullshit that 21 constantly spews on the forum, as if the simple repetition of a lie over and over again makes it true.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Ariza wasn't a starter until the end of the 08-09 season. Not before he got injured in 07-08.

Actually Ariza did start games in 07 you fucking idiot. And he was just traded to a brand new system and was clearly the best SF on the roster to anyone with basketball knowledge. Easily the 2nd best perimeter defender on the Lakers.

Not until March of 08-09. Crying about Ariza being out would be like a Spurs fan complaining about the last month because of Bonner's injury.

Just goes to show how you don't know shit about basketball. Comparing Bonner to Trevor Ariza's defense is clueless.

This is some revisionist bullshit that 21 constantly spews on the forum, as if the simple repetition of a lie over and over again makes it true.

It's a fuckign fact. The Lakers were missing TWO STARTERS in 08 due to injury. Ariza was nowhere close to 100% and Bynum not being in the lineup killed any frontcourt depth the Lakers had. Evidence enough was Chris Mihm getting minutes in the NBA finals.

Ghazi
02-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Backdoor fucking sweep

Killakobe81
02-02-2010, 07:09 PM

BUT that is WHAT makes it so FUNNY!!! Aww poor me!!! Oh wait i am the BEST PLAYER in the world LOL! how did that go after that?

I actually feel bad if his foot is broken stars are going down (C3p, PP, melo roy) at an alarming rate ...

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Orlando's chances depend on Carter's current status, it really has little to do with Turkoglu..that's an insult to their organization..

If he was in a huge slump and bounces back, they can definitely beat Cleveland IMO..

If January was the norm and he's just a bad player now, then they have no chance of beating them IMO..

It's tough to tell because he has 2 serious injuries that have bothered him for a while..the thing, he's actually been trying hard on both ends the past 2 weeks and still hasn't seen good results..so he might just be done, which makes it Cleveland by default, barring a Celtics trade..

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Actually Ariza did start games in 07 you fucking idiot. And he was just traded to a brand new system and was clearly the best SF on the roster to anyone with basketball knowledge. Easily the 2nd best perimeter defender on the Lakers.

Ariza started 3 of 24 games, you dumbfuck.

Just goes to show how you don't know shit about basketball. Comparing Bonner to Trevor Ariza's defense is clueless.

I was comparing two players who were complete scrubs.

It's a fuckign fact. The Lakers were missing TWO STARTERS in 08 due to injury. Ariza was nowhere close to 100% and Bynum not being in the lineup killed any frontcourt depth the Lakers had. Evidence enough was Chris Mihm getting minutes in the NBA finals.

It's a fucking lie, Ariza was not a starter until late 2009. The Lakers were clearly missing exactly one starter. You're just a pathetic fucking loser who tries to discredit every single thing any other team has ever done.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Ariza started 3 of 24 games, you dumbfuck.

And was clearly the best SF not named Kobe on the squad and the 2nd best perimeter defender, you dumbfuck.

I was comparing two players who were complete scrubs.

If you think Ariza was a completely scrub then you know shit about basketball.

It's a fucking lie, Ariza was not a starter until late 2009. The Lakers were missing exactly one starter.

No he started in 07. Fact. He would have been given the starts in the playoffs if healthy, just like he did 2009. Phil Jackson could give a shit about the regular season.

Missing two starters and the Lakers still easily dispatched a joke of a team in San Antonio. No repeat no dynasty. The only team of decade the honor the Spurs can claim is best regular season team. :lol

2007: Where joke NBA championships happen

Muser
02-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Orlando's chances depend on Carter's current status, it really has little to do with Turkoglu..that's an insult to their organization..

If he was in a huge slump and bounces back, they can definitely beat Cleveland IMO..

If January was the norm and he's just a bad player now, then they have no chance of beating them IMO..

It's tough to tell because he has 2 serious injuries that have bothered him for a while..the thing, he's actually been trying hard on both ends the past 2 weeks and still hasn't seen good results..so he might just be done, which makes it Cleveland by default, barring a Celtics trade..

Aside from the obvious Howard mismatch last year Cleveland really couldn't combat Hedo and his 6-10 ball handling skills when he played point forward. Turkoglu was a huge part of the Magic getting to the finals last year.

As for Carter I don't see why he's sucking so badly, maybe it's the Jefferson effect where he struggles to be the 3rd/4th scoring option (even though he's taking quite a few shots away from the more effecient Howard/Lewis.)

TheMACHINE
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Kobe would be playing if he had pierce's and cp3's injury. you know its tru.

JoeTait75
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM

Vince Carter is a loser and always has been IMO.

Orlando's chances against the Cavaliers depend on whether Dewey can dominate against Shaq, forcing double-teams and opening up the perimeter for those tall jump shooters like 'Shard and Pietrus.

If he can't do that consistently the Magic are in trouble. They might be anyway because Cleveland is bigger on the perimeter this year and better able to handle Orlando's shooters.

I despised the match-up last year. This year? Not so much.

j.dizzle
02-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Sons, Orl can beat anyone in the league if they shoot 50% from three for a whole series hahaa..I think they'll go into Dwight a lot more in these playoffs.

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 07:39 PM
And was clearly the best SF not named Kobe on the squad and the 2nd best perimeter defender, you dumbfuck.

He started 3 games, you ignorant fuck. Starting 3 games in a season doesn't make you a starter. Especially when you don't start any of the first 60 the next season. I don't know what fucking planet you and your logic come from, but here on Earth it has to be based in reality and not some stupid rose-colored conjecture. Your mother must have really fucked you up when you were young.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 07:50 PM
He started 3 games, you ignorant fuck. Starting 3 games in a season doesn't make you a starter.

The fact that he STARTED 3 games makes him a STARTER. The fact that he started every playoff game in 2009 is proof that he would have been in a starter in every game of the 2008 playoffs. He was the clearly the best SF on the Lakers. It was not close. Stupid fucking rube hick SA fans like yourself couldn't possibly be more dumb.

Especially when you don't start any of the first 60 the next season. I don't know what fucking planet you and your logic come from, but here on Earth it has to be based in reality and not some stupid rose-colored conjecture. Your mother must have really fucked you up when you were young.

Ariza ASKED Phil Jackson to NOT START him. It didn't last because of how absolutely terrible Luke Walton is.

Chieflion
02-02-2010, 07:57 PM
baseline bum, just a little advice for you here, revisionist history is what Laker fans do best. There are plenty of incidents that make Laker fans use revisionist history because they have hidden agendas. No point arguing with them.

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 08:10 PM
The fact that he STARTED 3 games makes him a STARTER. The fact that he started every playoff game in 2009 is proof that he would have been in a starter in every game of the 2008 playoffs. He was the clearly the best SF on the Lakers. It was not close. Stupid fucking rube hick SA fans like yourself couldn't possibly be more dumb.

Wow. 3 starts in a season. By that metric Jordan Farmar was a starter the previous year. Your "proof" is hilarious too, as if 2008 Ariza was 2009 Ariza. All you ever have are a bunch of excuses and lame rationalizations over your poor 'starter' who couldn't win the job over Radmanovich and Walton but who would somehow lead you the title when Kobe went in the shitter in Boston.

Pistons < Spurs
02-02-2010, 08:30 PM
The fact that he STARTED 3 games makes him a STARTER. .

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Chieflion
02-02-2010, 08:33 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
I would be inclined to say that more than 9 players from the Spurs are starters, but I digress. Hey, Theo Ratliff is a starter too, god bless.

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Wow, 21_Blessings just embarrassed the entire human race with that one..

djohn2oo8
02-02-2010, 08:38 PM
The fact that he STARTED 3 games makes him a STARTER.

http://www.creepygif.com/images/full/898.gif

mystargtr34
02-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Still owns Kobe in the Finals.

RedsLakers24
02-02-2010, 09:04 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/rrmjkn.jpg

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Wow. 3 starts in a season.

And on his way to starting more and throughout the playoffs if he doesn't get injured. :lol Retarded bitter Spurs fan still crying over thier shitty championship team getting exposed by an injury riddled Lakers team.

Your "proof" is hilarious too, as if 2008 Ariza was 2009 Ariza.

Ariza pre-injury was playing as well as Ariza 2009. Again, you know shit about basketball.

All you ever have are a bunch of excuses and lame rationalizations over your poor 'starter' who couldn't win the job over Radmanovich and Walton but who would somehow lead you the title when Kobe went in the shitter in Boston.

How fucking stupid can you be? :rollin

mystargtr34
02-02-2010, 09:05 PM

The Lakers better hope they dont play the Suns this season after what happened last time they met in the playoffs.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Suns

:lmao

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2010, 09:06 PM
lol 3 starts= starter lol..

XFactor
02-02-2010, 09:07 PM
I just heard one of the bulls announcers say they have upgraded it to being out for the whole season. Not sure about the validity though. Hope he gets well soon.

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 09:08 PM
lol 3 starts= starter lol..

LOL 6ppg scrub saving the Lakers when Kobe shoots 40% in the series. It's always nice to see 21 back to kick his own retard ass in this forum over and over again.

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 09:11 PM
And on his way to starting more and throughout the playoffs if he doesn't get injured. :lol Retarded bitter Spurs fan still crying over thier shitty championship team getting exposed by an injury riddled Lakers team.

Conjecture and nothing more.

Ariza pre-injury was playing as well as Ariza 2009. Again, you know shit about basketball.

Says the moron who thinks a 6ppg scrub is making up for Kobe shitting himself.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 09:14 PM
LOL 6ppg scrub saving the Lakers when Kobe shoots 40% in the series..

LOL @ Duncan getting abused by single coverage the entire 08 WCF.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200805270SAS.html

2nd best player of the decade getting ass raped by a soft-ass Euro. :lol

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 09:19 PM
LOL @ Duncan getting abused by single coverage the entire 08 WCF.

What next? The 15 rings argument? Nothing like using scoreboard to cover the incredible flaws in your reasoning. When you go on a job interview, do you just say '2009 champs!' or 'LOL Duncan' to cover it up when you bomb a question?

Killakobe81
02-02-2010, 09:22 PM
The Lakers better hope they dont play the Suns this season after what happened last time they met in the playoffs.
LOL You REALLY believe that?!

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 09:24 PM
What next? The 15 rings argument? Nothing like using scoreboard to cover the incredible flaws in your reasoning. When you go on a job interview, do you just say '2009 champs!' or 'LOL Duncan' to cover it up when you bomb a question?

Scoreboard? You're the one that came in here crying about your team losing to a Lakers team missing two starters.

No question was bombed. The Lakers traded for Trevor to replace Luke/Vlad and they were slowly integrating him into the offense. Without a doubt, Ariza was the best SF the Lakers had available and he would have started every game in the playoffs if healthy - just like he did in 2009. It's a fact.

2007 NBA champs = Joke of a team that was exposed by a Lakers team missing two starting players a year later.

mystargtr34
02-02-2010, 09:35 PM
LOL You REALLY believe that?!

Didnt think i would have to explain this one. Im probly not that good at sarcasm. 21_dicksinmyass is butthurt about the Cavs stomping the Lakers twice so he made a comment implying the Cavs wont get to the Finals because they cant beat the Magic. Thats dumb, they are two different teams now. Which was my joke about the Suns beating the Lakers this season if they met since they beat them last time they met, obviously they wouldnt, because the teams are completely different.

Must have been a bad joke.

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 09:35 PM
No question was bombed.

3 starts = starter was an enormous bomb, for one.

The Lakers traded for Trevor to replace Luke/Vlad and they were slowly integrating him into the offense.

The Lakers traded for Ariza because he had an expiring deal and they wanted to rid themselves of worthless Brian Cook's awful contract.

Without a doubt, Ariza was the best SF the Lakers had available and he would have started every game in the playoffs if healthy - just like he did in 2009. It's a fact.

Without a doubt, Ariza was not the starting small forward for the 07-08 Lakers.

Scoreboard? You're the one that came in here crying about your team losing to a Lakers team missing two starters.

Not only can you not argue, you can't even read! I never said anything like that here.

himat
02-02-2010, 10:13 PM
:lmao At 21 Blessings.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 10:38 PM
3 starts = starter was an enormous bomb, for one.

He was a starter by committee - those 3 games prove that. So in fact he was a starter, not to mention the best SF on the team that would have started every game in the playoffs in 08 just like he did in 09.

The Lakers traded for Ariza because he had an expiring deal and they wanted to rid themselves of worthless Brian Cook's awful contract.

They traded for Ariza's defense. Well documented.

Without a doubt, Ariza was not the starting small forward for the 07-08 Lakers.

Because he was hurt. Which makes it TWO starters the Lakers were missing in the 2008 playoffs. And they still stomped the defending champions. :(

Chieflion
02-02-2010, 10:39 PM
He was a starter by committee - those 3 games prove that.
Sure, if only the regular season only lasted 3 games.

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2010, 10:39 PM
So it turns out that it's just a sprain and Pierce might even play tomorrow..

David Aldidge with his usual fake ass reporting..

sabar
02-02-2010, 10:40 PM
The fact that he STARTED 3 games makes him a STARTER.

So the Spurs have 10 starters and 2 bench players?

Smooth Criminal
02-02-2010, 10:43 PM
*in before somebody makes a wheelchair joke*..

Pierce is tough...he wont need a wheelchair for a broken foot. But he'll probably need one for a sprained shoulder.
With 4 minutes to spare!!! You beat the Pierce and Wade jokes.

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 10:48 PM
He was a starter by committee - those 3 games prove that. So in fact he was a starter, not to mention the best SF on the team that would have started every game in the playoffs in 08 just like he did in 09.

Doesn't sound like he was a member of that committee.

They traded for Ariza's defense. Well documented.

They would have taken anything to get out of paying Brian Cook a 3-year deal that Kupchack stupidly signed him to.

Because he was hurt. Which makes it TWO starters the Lakers were missing in the 2008 playoffs. And they still stomped the defending champions. :(

More scoreboard to hide your obvious ineptitude. 1 starter.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Doesn't sound like he was a member of that committee.

Except in reality he was.

They would have taken anything to get out of paying Brian Cook a 3-year deal that Kupchack stupidly signed him to.

Mitch went after Ariza for his defense. Well documented fact.

More scoreboard to hide your obvious ineptitude. 1 starter.

2 starters and an easy 4-1 series win. With Sasha playing significant minutes. :lol

Only ineptitude here is your lack of basketball knowledge. Comparing Bonner to Ariza. :rollin Delusional fucking Spurs fan. Nothing new.

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Only ineptitude here is your lack of basketball knowledge. Comparing Bonner to Ariza. :rollin Delusional fucking Spurs fan. Nothing new.

Nothing delusional about comparing two bit players and saying one wasn't generally a starter when he didn't start but a minuscule fraction of games.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Nothing delusional about comparing two bit players and saying one wasn't generally a starter when he didn't start but a minuscule fraction of games.

You compared a guy like Bonner to Ariza. Only a delusional person that knows shit about how basketball is played would compare those two and their impact on a game. Before breaking his foot Ariza was playing like he did in 2009.

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 11:01 PM
You weren't even missing him. Ariza played 5 of the 6 games vs Boston.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 11:02 PM
You weren't even missing him. Ariza played 5 of the 6 games vs Boston.

Coming off a broken foot and clearly not even close to 100%. The Lakers were missing the starting version of Trevor Ariza (see: healthy).

So the count remains: two starters.

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Let's just come to an agreement:

Ariza started 3/82 games for 3.66%

Ariza played about half his normal minutes in his Finals appearances, so we'll say missing him was missing, say, 1.83% of a starter (since you got half of that).

Therefore, Boston beat LA minus 1.0183 starters

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Ariza started 3/82 games for 3.66%

Actually it was 3/24 games during the reg season. Plus every playoff game if he was healthy. So fix your equation.

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 11:08 PM
OK, so in the best case, Boston beat LA minus 1.0625 starters

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 11:12 PM
OK, so in the best case,

Best case would involve a healthy Ariza which means 100% games started in the 2008 playoffs.

So yeah, the Lakers beat the Spurs without their starting SF and C.

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Repeating the same bullshit over and over again doesn't make it true. You're like a fucking 3rd grader.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Repeating the same bullshit over and over again doesn't make it true. You're like a fucking 3rd grader.

Irony

You're a fucking 3rd grade hick that compared Matt Bonner to Trevor Ariza. Spewing the same bullshit over and over doesn't make your lies true.

Chieflion
02-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Irony

You're a fucking 3rd grade hick that compared Matt Bonner to Trevor Ariza. Spewing the same bullshit over and over doesn't make your lies true.
Matt Bonner was a starter last season. Trevor Ariza is not a starter in 2008. So, Trevor Ariza is below the tier of Matt Bonner in comparision.

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Irony

Matt Bonner also started three games and put up scrub numbers that season.

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Matt Bonner also started three games and put up scrub numbers that season.

Trevor is 10 times the defender, put up solid numbers in his minutes allotted that season and would have started every game in the playoffs if he never broken his foot.

Still beat the Spurs. Boston one and done after lucking out against a Lakers team forced to play Sasha and Luke big minutes because they were missing their starting shooting forward. Not to mention their double double center.

Which leaves missing starter count at: 2

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 11:28 PM
So basically your argument is that you click your heels together and Trevor Ariza's scrub ass comes in and not only takes over the starting role he never had before, but also saves Kobe's 40% shooting ass from embarrassing himself in a second consecutive Finals?

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 11:28 PM
and 1.0183

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 11:31 PM
I really feel sorry for 21's elementary school teachers. He's an unscalable brick wall of stupidity.

Pistons < Spurs
02-02-2010, 11:40 PM
21 should have vacated this thread long ago, then come back tomorrow claiming heavy usage of weed or alcohol in explanation for his posts....

21_Blessings
02-02-2010, 11:43 PM
So basically

We already established that you know shit about basketball with your Bonner - Ariza comparison.

So let's sum it up

2007 Spurs win suspect championship after convicted felon rigs game 3 and Stern unjustly suspends big name player in game 6.

The above claim is absolutely proven when the Lakers face-fuck the 2008 Spurs despite:

1) their starting SF and 2nd best perimeter defender not being even close to healthy
2) starting C hurt
3) playing Sasha crucial minutes :lol
4) single covering Timothy Duncan with a soft euro notorious for playing soft in the playoffs

All that while Kobe Bryant takes a huge, steaming shit in Bruce Bowen's mouth.

:toast

DazedAndConfused
02-02-2010, 11:43 PM
If you don't think a fully healthy Ariza and Bynum would have made a difference in the '08 Finals you are a fucking moron.

The Lakers lost because they had NOBODY who could guard Pierce and NOBODY who could keep the Celtics out of the paint. Bynum and Ariza would have shored up these deficiencies BIGTIME.

Would it have been enough to ensure a Laker victory? Who knows...but they would have made a difference for sure.

baseline bum
02-02-2010, 11:48 PM
If you don't think a fully healthy Ariza and Bynum would have made a difference in the '08 Finals you are a fucking moron.

The Lakers lost because they had NOBODY who could guard Pierce and NOBODY who could keep the Celtics out of the paint. Bynum and Ariza would have shored up these deficiencies BIGTIME.

Would it have been enough to ensure a Laker victory? Who knows...but they would have made a difference for sure.

Always with the excuses to make people forget about Kobe throwing up a turd that series.

BadOdor
02-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Sons, as a laker fan, I would like to apologize for 21_palins extreme stupididty. You see, taking bynum's gigantic cock up his ass must have fucked up his brain one too many times.... God bless sons.

Sean Cagney
02-03-2010, 12:14 AM

:lol:lol:lol

Ice009
02-03-2010, 12:20 AM

Any Spurs championship team beats the '08 Lakers.

DazedAndConfused
02-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Always with the excuses to make people forget about Kobe throwing up a turd that series.

Because there was NO spacing you dumb fuck.

Garnett and Perkins could guard Gasol and Odom straight up which means the Celtics could load up on Bryant easily. They did the same thing to James and kept him to an even more deplorable shooting %.

Tell me you aren't this stupid. Bynum and Ariza are easily starters on any team. Stop talking out of your ass.

baseline bum
02-03-2010, 02:02 AM
Because there was NO spacing you dumb fuck.

So Bynum's going to be shooting threes to open up the lane for Kobe? Alright :rollin

Ariza wasn't exactly good from range that year either. His good outside shooting was strictly a 2009 playoffs fluke, and has never been repeated before or since, so you lose there too.

Garnett and Perkins could guard Gasol and Odom straight up which means the Celtics could load up on Bryant easily.

Fucking excuses all the time with Kobe fans. Every star player gets doubled. Also, no way Bynum's getting doubled from either of them.

They did the same thing to James and kept him to an even more deplorable shooting %.

At least you can make the one-man team argument for LeBron.

Tell me you aren't this stupid. Bynum and Ariza are easily starters on any team. Stop talking out of your ass.

Then why didn't Ariza start or play many minutes? Ariza wasn't shit in 2007-08 to anyone but star-struck Laker homers. The fact that you and 21 had a hard-on for him didn't seem to impress Phil Jackson too much.

timtonymanu
02-03-2010, 03:28 AM
if this is indeed true,

Lakers/Cavs - 2010 NBA Finals

MaNu4Tres
02-03-2010, 04:52 AM
Quick question for 21 Blessings and the rest of the Laker homers...

How many trips to the Finals did it take Kobe to become a Finals MVP?

diego
02-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Coming off a broken foot and clearly not even close to 100%. The Lakers were missing the starting version of Trevor Ariza (see: healthy).

So the count remains: two starters.

even if one were to accept this retarded premise that ariza and bynum were huge factors that kept the lakers from competing in the 08 finals,

why wouldnt these same standards apply for other teams? like the teams that missed mvps or all stars due to injury, or had to give such a player run despite not being in top form (as opposed to a couple of guys that have never been all star, all nba, or mvp, or even max contract)? you've pretty much invalidated every championship any team has ever won, which would make sense for a fan of a team that hasnt ever won a championship, but extremely retarded from a fan of a team that a few championships away from first place.

i guess the rockets are the real champs from last season, they were missing TWO! ALL NBA! ALL STAR! MAX CONTRACT! STARTERS! and your FULL STRENGTH! lakers needed 7 GAMES! and HOME COURT! to beat them...

DazedAndConfused
02-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Ariza and Bynum are BOTH starters in this league. Any time you take off two STARTING players from a team they are going to be worse. It's that simple.

And the Rockets took the Lakers to 7 games precisely because Yao Ming went down. I'll let you think about why that is.

Thunder Dan
02-03-2010, 11:28 AM
ast year when KG hurt his knee they said he would miss just a couple games as a precaution....and that turned into him missing the rest of the season and having surgery.

I bet it's much worse than the Celtics making it out to be. They have a history of this

MaNu4Tres
02-03-2010, 01:14 PM

benefactor
02-03-2010, 01:44 PM

This is why I think its funny when a white man rapes a black 12 year old girl whose parents...because they were black...were stupid enough to stay in New Orleans and commit suicide during Katrina. I hope the little slut gets pregnant with a kid that becomes a pro basketball player and he blows out a knee or gets his ass kicked in his first professional game.

baseline bum
02-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Ariza and Bynum are BOTH starters in this league. Any time you take off two STARTING players from a team they are going to be worse. It's that simple.

And the Rockets took the Lakers to 7 games precisely because Yao Ming went down. I'll let you think about why that is.

In 2008 he wasn't a starting player, no matter what you daydream.

21_Blessings
02-03-2010, 03:58 PM
In 2008 the Spurs lost to a Lakers team that had 2 starters injured, no matter what you daydream.

baseline bum
02-03-2010, 04:04 PM
In 2008 the Lakers got their asses raped by Boston because Kobe played like shit, not because they missed 1.016 starters.

MaNu4Tres
02-03-2010, 04:58 PM