PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Player Rankings: Spurs Talk Edition ---- Week 1

XFactor
02-02-2010, 06:23 PM
As part of SpursTalk's 'Raising the Bar', I'll be doing the weekly top 5 individual performances feature. These player rankings are just one man's opinion and will be released weekly during the season. I will not be using a specific formula but strong emphasis will be put on the team's record and their stats.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7451/risesoftheweek.png

Brazil
02-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Nice !

You should add some honorable mentions. For instance for a guy like Curry not hyped like jennings or evans but with Ellis sidelined he has been huge lately.

XFactor
02-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Nice !

You should add some honorable mentions. For instance for a guy like Curry not hyped like jennings or evans but with Ellis sidelined he has been huge lately.

Ya I was thinking of that, I also wanted to add a top 5 bad performances of the week, players who basically sucked through out the week.

Brazil
02-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Ya I was thinking of that, I also wanted to add a top 5 bad performances of the week, players who basically sucked through out the week.

good idea

1. RJ
2. Pop
3. and 4. Manu and TP (its important to put them together to avoid spurs fans civil war)
5. Dice

IronMexican
02-02-2010, 07:29 PM
:lol fucking tacker

Girasuck
02-02-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm guessing we'll be seeing Rose in the top 5 every week ;)

For my money though, I'd have to put Chris Paul as the player of the week. He's the best PG in the league, even when he's in street clothes. Crap3 could average more points, steals, assists, blocks, rebounds, charges taken, better FT%, FG%, 3-pointers made, 3-pointers taken, half court warm-up makes, and layups in warmups than any other player in the league...hands down.

Chieflion
02-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Rose is injured. He wouldn't be able to be in the top 5 next week. But hell yeah, a road record of winning 5 straight. Rose deserves the credit. He deserves to be sitting at number 4.

Edit: Hell he is not injured. He took the rookie challenge off because he needs to defend his Playstation Skills Challenge title and to take part in the All-Star game. This guy is incredible. He wouldn't be able to be part of the top 5 anyway next week.

Girasuck
02-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Rose is injured. He wouldn't be able to be in the top 5 next week. But hell yeah, a road record of winning 5 straight. Rose deserves the credit. He deserves to be sitting at number 4.

I know...I'm just giving XFactor shit. I'm serious about Paul though.

Allanon
02-02-2010, 07:51 PM
I have to give some props to Rose for last week..he played fantastic.

Brazil
02-03-2010, 08:21 AM
I have to give some props to Rose for last week..he played fantastic.

yeah but he played a real so so game yesterday against the clipshow

XFactor
02-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Ya Rose had a horrible game yesterday even though he posted 16 points and 5 assists but every player has a bad game every once in a while. Expect Rose to come up big against Philadelphia today.

ChrisRichards
02-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Kobe at # 1 despite losing to Memphis, while Lebron is # 2 while beating Memphis to go along with 15 assists?

:lol:lol:lol

Spursmania
02-03-2010, 04:03 PM
good idea

1. RJ
2. Pop
3. and 4. Manu and TP (its important to put them together to avoid spurs fans civil war)
5. Dice

:rollin

Brazil
02-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Ya Rose had a horrible game yesterday even though he posted 16 points and 5 assists but every player has a bad game every once in a while. Expect Rose to come up big against Philadelphia today.

Question for ya, I've see few chicago games cauz of jo noah and rose, why Vinny keeps on giving 30 mn to Taj and Tyrus half of that, I don't get it. Tyrus is a way better player than Taj and defensively I don't see Taj as a huge upgrade vs. tyrus.

XFactor
02-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Question for ya, I've see few chicago games cauz of jo noah and rose, why Vinny keeps on giving 30 mn to Taj and Tyrus half of that, I don't get it. Tyrus is a way better player than Taj and defensively I don't see Taj as a huge upgrade vs. tyrus.

Tyrus was starting at the beginning of the season and then he went down with an injury, Taj gibson took over his role. When Tyrus came back, Vinny felt hesitant to put Tyrus back because you know, he just came back from an injury and needs to come of the bench for a few games. Then the Bulls started rolling and started winning games and it didn't make sense to change something that is working. If you look at their numbers on a per minute basis they are almost the same. The only difference is Taj Gibson has a high IQ for a rookie. He is fundamentally sound and knows where to be on the court and knows what he is doing. Tyrus not so much, all he does is dunk and block. He has horrible ball handling.