PDA

View Full Version : Pop should rest Tony till after the All-Star Break

FalleNxWiZarDx
02-03-2010, 11:30 AM
With rest, im sure it will help Tony Parker in the long run of this season.

Im very confident that Tony Parker with a summer of basketball off... can be the same TP9 player from last year (best PG in the NBA)

What you guys think?

spursfan09
02-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Get ready to get flamed for using the words "best pg" and TP in the same sentence. Even though your point is completly legit. Rest will only benefit TP and the Spurs for the long run.

urunobili
02-03-2010, 11:36 AM
You forgot to logoff from your Cavalier troll... :wakeup

ffadicted
02-03-2010, 11:37 AM
I'd like to see him back by the clippers game so he can get some action before facing the lakers. No way we even come close to beating the lakers without Tony, he's our biggest weapon against them

portnoy1
02-03-2010, 11:38 AM
With rest, im sure it will help Tony Parker in the long run of this season.

Im very confident that Tony Parker with a summer of basketball off... can be the same TP9 player from last year (best PG in the NBA)

What you guys think?
I think he should rest him as much as possible - allstar break and b2b's until end of march beggining of april when we need everybody on board. It also gives everyone else an opportunity as well.

z0sa
02-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Rest him as long as possible.

FalleNxWiZarDx
02-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Get ready to get flamed for using the words "best pg" and TP in the same sentence. Even though your point is completly legit. Rest will only benefit TP and the Spurs for the long run.

I honestly thought TP9 was the best PG in the league last year, im sure many would agree... no need for a flame suit

I also think rest would benefit both TP and the Spurs :toast

all_heart
02-03-2010, 11:54 AM
I've been thinking the same for a few weeks too. Even more now with his injury. Honestly at this point in the season, I think the Spurs should focus on just getting better and staying in the playoff race which should happen naturally. Spurs will need everybody at full speed and healthy if they are going anywhere this post season. With Tony resting RJ "should" be getting more touches and more pts to make up for the loss of Tony. I only hope Tony isn't damaged goods for the rest of his career, he's got a lot of miles on him.

Trimble87
02-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Parker isnt slowed down by fatigue... he has plantar fasciitis (or however its spelled) which will only heal with months of rest. Resting him for an extra two weeks wont do anything for him in the long term.

Bukefal
02-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Well, he just updated his facebook and it looks like he is very close to a return, at least thats what you can make up of his words. So it will definitely be before the AS break.

z0sa
02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
So it will definitely be before the AS break.

Hopefully not.

FalleNxWiZarDx
02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I'd like to see him back by the clippers game so he can get some action before facing the lakers. No way we even come close to beating the lakers without Tony, he's our biggest weapon against them

true...

but its just a regular season game.....

altho, we do need as many wins as possible... tuff call

all_heart
02-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Parker isnt slowed down by fatigue... he has plantar fasciitis (or however its spelled) which will only heal with months of rest. Resting him for an extra two weeks wont do anything for him in the long term.

That's what I'm afraid of. But I do notice a tired look on his face since the start of the season, he has been playing a lot of ball this past couple years. He may be "young" but the actual age of his body may be higher.

FalleNxWiZarDx
02-03-2010, 12:48 PM
You forgot to logoff from your Cavalier troll... :wakeup

I love the NBA, not just one team.

Obstructed_View
02-03-2010, 12:49 PM

^

ElNono
02-03-2010, 01:00 PM
:tu

FalleNxWiZarDx
02-03-2010, 01:01 PM

I agree,

end of thread/

Maybe some rest would help still no?

mexicanjunior
02-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Rest him for the whole year...along with Duncan and Manu (if he isn't traded). We ain't winning anything significant with this roster as it is, so let's get in the John Wall sweepstakes...

Libri
02-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Maybe some rest would help still no?

Resting and correcting training errors are critical to the treatment of plantar fasciitis. Athletes must modify activities that aggravate this condition; such modifications may be as simple as decreasing the amount, frequency, or intensity of the inciting activity(ies). Athletes are more compliant with a decreased level of activity if they are allowed to increase other nonaggravating activities.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/86143-treatment

z0sa
02-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Yep^. Resting more than usual can improve PF, though not completely cure it. We need Tony the best he can be because I still want a title this season.

Bukefal
02-03-2010, 01:35 PM
I honestly thought TP9 was the best PG in the league last year, im sure many would agree... no need for a flame suit

I also think rest would benefit both TP and the Spurs :toast

:lol yeah flamed. I got a whole wave of shit over me in the NBA forum, because I dared to think that TP is a top 10 player of players who play in the NBA, not based on this season though and not on current performances, because now he isnt doing well and he isnt what we are used of him. And because of I said that CP3 is overrated and not better than TP.

Are you a Cav fan? or a Spurs fan?

Anyway, for PF to heal well can take up to months and even a year, from what Ive read on the internet. We cant afford to rest him a long time. But well, im no doctor, so I dont know. I just hope he will be fit and ready to give his best soon and I hope the decision of him returning is not rushed, when he actually shouldnt have returned yet.

kace
02-03-2010, 02:42 PM
well, i like timvp idea to see for the three first games if we can win two of them to sit him out till the ASG. that would give him a very decent rest.

i think he should be but IIRC, LA has figured him out rather well these last games (don't remember exactly the stats).

Baseline
02-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Does anybody know what Tim has said about his plantar fascitis? He's obviously over it now, so I wondered if you guys have read anything specific about how he got over it and how long it took.