PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Heading to shootaround

Spurs Brazil
02-03-2010, 01:43 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2010/02/heading-to-shoo.html

Heading to shootaround
By Jeff McDonald on Feb 3, 10 11:46 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) Save & Share Yahoo! BuzzYahoo! Newsvine del.icio.us Facebook Google Reddit Fark
Yes, shootaround. Remember those? Gregg Popovich essentially banned them at the start of the regular season, when the Spurs went to an afternoon practice schedule.

This morning's workout at Arco Arena is the first one he has scheduled since the preseason.

Maybe it's a sign the Spurs' practice times, they are a-changin' again. Stay tuned.

Injured point guard Tony Parker is along for the trip, but according to his Facebook post this morning he's not sure if he's ready to play.

"My ankle is doing better but I still don't know whether I'm playing tonight or not," he wrote. "Anyway, I feel like I'm close to coming back."

The Spurs are 1-1 in the games Parker has missed with a sprained left ankle.

ElNono
02-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Here's another scapegoat if we start playing well from now on... :lol

tp2021
02-03-2010, 02:18 PM
The player's performances, the team's performances, the coach's lineups, the practice regimens, even the schedule itself...this season has "Inconsistency" written all over it

Amuseddaysleeper
02-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Please please please hold TP back till after the AS break.

For a guy whose game relies so much on speed, I wanna be as careful as possible with that ankle.

crc21209
02-03-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm still sticking to my prediction...he's coming back either tomorrow @ Portland or Monday @ the Lakers.

ploto
02-03-2010, 05:01 PM
I mentioned the resumption of game day shootarounds last week. You had to know it was coming.

Bruno
02-03-2010, 05:08 PM
The player's performances, the team's performances, the coach's lineups, the practice regimens, even the schedule itself...this season has "Inconsistency" written all over it

Agree.

Pop doing all his experiments, while the team has a lot of new players, doesn't help Spurs playing well.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-03-2010, 06:17 PM
I mentioned the resumption of game day shootarounds last week. You had to know it was coming.

Um, yeah, it's been talked about for months now. But thanks for chiming in.

Obstructed_View
02-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Um, yeah, it's been talked about for months now. But thanks for chiming in.

It's all ploto. Nobody else ever said anything about it.

duncan228
02-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Parker won't play tonight, eyes Thursday return (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2010/02/parker-wont-pla.html)
By Jeff McDonald

Injured Spurs point guard Tony Parker participated fully in the team's shootaround this morning at Arco Arena, and came away with no ill effects in his sprained left ankle.

Barring a last-minute change in direction, Parker has been ruled out of tonight's game against the Kings, which would be his third in a row missed. He said he expects to return Thursday at Portland.

crc21209
02-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Parker won't play tonight, eyes Thursday return (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2010/02/parker-wont-pla.html)
By Jeff McDonald

Injured Spurs point guard Tony Parker participated fully in the team's shootaround this morning at Arco Arena, and came away with no ill effects in his sprained left ankle.

Barring a last-minute change in direction, Parker has been ruled out of tonight's game against the Kings, which would be his third in a row missed. He said he expects to return Thursday at Portland.

Hell yeah, I called it. :tu

Obstructed_View
02-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Agree.

Pop doing all his experiments, while the team has a lot of new players, doesn't help Spurs playing well.

I like the idea that he would realize the possibility of a mistake and take steps to fix it. Maybe there are other things he'll remedy.

dbestpro
02-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Manu and Blair show what chemistry is all about. Now if RJ could find a partner.

dbestpro
02-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Rodriguez really given Mason trouble.

dbestpro
02-03-2010, 10:52 PM
This game looks like a YMCA game.