PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Line

spurspokesman
02-03-2010, 04:31 PM
After reading many threads on this forum I had A few things boiling inside and wanted to let loose A little. First and foremost I will be the first to say that despite our teams struggles I am happy. I was one of the people bickering about making moves and getting the team around tim better. Even though desired reults havent sufficed yet I believe still we have something this year and the FO didnt sit on its hands.So with that being said I got what I wanted and will accept the results either way. My only disagreement is the handling of theo and ian. My justification being other players with the same or less amounts of talent and potential getting regular rotation minutes and actually producing. Ian seems to be the type of player that can stink it up at times but when given an oppurtunity will eventually find his way. Also theo not getting minutes. Only pop knows but it beats me. But the glaring problem to me seems to be identity. We pride ourselves on D. All of A sudden we are trying to outscore people.Recipe for disaster. My gut tells me that there is A deadline move in store for either A big (not all star caliber but very serviceable) or a hybrid forward who can rebound and defend the 3-4 slots. You fill in the blanks. But the problem with this team is lack of effort and detail on a consistant basis. I think when all hands get on deck and POP gets back to being pop this spurs team will make A push. And I will never question A front office that has been arguably the best the last 10- 15yrs. I trust they will right the ship. And we have the talent to go far. And one of the best benches. I think only minor adjustments are needed. Ill leave that to the FO. Please share your thoughts.

portnoy1
02-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Start using and training the young players. Pop already knows what he is gonna get from the Vets ( Fin/Dice/Theo etc.....) However you have young guys that can fill a need night in night out. Ian if given time can develop and learn to defend the paint and guard the quicker PF's that Tim cant handle. Hairston Is 6-5 and is 23 yrs old like Ian, Why is it that Bogans a guy who 30 and is not quick or athletic get minutes while Hairston is younger and obviously more athletic and is just as good a shooter as bogans? Hill was given time last season and contributed, Blair has been given time and has certainly contributed. He is already at a disadvantage cause of his height. He also has bad nights but in all for his first season his ups have been way way better than any downs. With all players, they need an opportunity.

spurspokesman
02-03-2010, 06:08 PM
start using and training the young players. Pop already knows what he is gonna get from the vets ( fin/dice/theo etc.....) however you have young guys that can fill a need night in night out. Ian if given time can develop and learn to defend the paint and guard the quicker pf's that tim cant handle. Hairston is 6-5 and is 23 yrs old like ian, why is it that bogans a guy who 30 and is not quick or athletic get minutes while hairston is younger and obviously more athletic and is just as good a shooter as bogans? Hill was given time last season and contributed, blair has been given time and has certainly contributed. He is already at a disadvantage cause of his height. He also has bad nights but in all for his first season his ups have been way way better than any downs. With all players, they need an opportunity.

+1

LOL@MavsFan
02-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I agree...why not try it b/c this doesn't seem to be going too well right now. Gotta be a reason why they don't play or are demoted....can't just be "Pop being Pop"...