PDA

View Full Version : My respect for the Spurs organisation

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-03-2010, 04:36 PM
So i was up at 1am watching a show called 'Real NBA' and it was about Tim Duncan, and it made me realise how classy the Spurs organisation is.

They had interviews with Duncan and then with Pop, he was commenting on Tim and just about him as a leader.

I have always had a respect for the organisation as a whole, mostly based on the way in which i have seen their players handle themselves on and off the court.

To me. Duncan is everything that symbolizes a classy basketball player and a true role model. He is soft spoken, but assertive when needed. He is hard working, yet he knows how to have fun. He is undoubtedly the best players on the Spurs, but he expects no special treatment. He is one of the top players in the NBA, yet he isn't brash and doesn't showboat. He has a respect for the game that young guys these days don't.

The Spurs first caught my eye when Drob first suited up. All i knew was that he was a Christian and at the time that was good enough for me. Then i watched him play and realised how good he was, then i heard about his hard work off the court and admired him even more.

Pop obviously cops a lot of slack on here at the moment, due to the 'poor' season (which still has the Spurs 5th in the deepest Western Conference in a long time), but the guy is also a reflection of what the best coaching should be all about. He is serious but has fun. He treats all the players the same. Doesn't matter if it's one of his best players or a scrub, he is going to call them out. It also seems he has a genuine interest in the players and you can see the mateship between him and the players. I believe he would be the ultimate coach to play for.

Those 3 guys are just the tip of the iceberg. Obviously to bring in classy guys, you have to create the foundation for a classy culture that shuns what the average basketball fan wants (ie Flashy, cocky and showboaters). The Spurs are better off without guys like Sjax, Amare and JR (trust me).

Hats off to the Spurs organisation for being classy and for having guys that i'd be happy to be role models for my son/daughter :toast

phyzik
02-03-2010, 04:50 PM
This comment means shit coming from a Thuggets fan. Shit, the Raiders are classy compared to what you've aligned yourself with.

LOL at L.A. Riot fans calling out ANYONE for not being classy enough. :lmao

Sigz
02-03-2010, 04:51 PM
* Organization.

Elevating the bar, one post at a time.

FalleNxWiZarDx
02-03-2010, 04:52 PM
This comment means shit coming from a Thuggets fan. Shit, the Raiders are classy compared to what you've aligned yourself with.

dude your a freaking asshole....

I can't wait till the CAVS beat Fakers in the Finals.....

Muser
02-03-2010, 04:56 PM
* Organization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences#-ise.2C_-ize

Sigz
02-03-2010, 04:59 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences#-ise.2C_-ize

Fuck the British.

E-RockWill
02-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Fuck the British.

:nope

Brazil
02-03-2010, 05:04 PM
So i was up at 1am watching a show called 'Real NBA' and it was about Tim Duncan, and it made me realise how classy the Spurs organisation is.

They had interviews with Duncan and then with Pop, he was commenting on Tim and just about him as a leader.

I have always had a respect for the organisation as a whole, mostly based on the way in which i have seen their players handle themselves on and off the court.

To me. Duncan is everything that symbolizes a classy basketball player and a true role model. He is soft spoken, but assertive when needed. He is hard working, yet he knows how to have fun. He is undoubtedly the best players on the Spurs, but he expects no special treatment. He is one of the top players in the NBA, yet he isn't brash and doesn't showboat. He has a respect for the game that young guys these days don't.

The Spurs first caught my eye when Drob first suited up. All i knew was that he was a Christian and at the time that was good enough for me. Then i watched him play and realised how good he was, then i heard about his hard work off the court and admired him even more.

Pop obviously cops a lot of slack on here at the moment, due to the 'poor' season (which still has the Spurs 5th in the deepest Western Conference in a long time), but the guy is also a reflection of what the best coaching should be all about. He is serious but has fun. He treats all the players the same. Doesn't matter if it's one of his best players or a scrub, he is going to call them out. It also seems he has a genuine interest in the players and you can see the mateship between him and the players. I believe he would be the ultimate coach to play for.

Those 3 guys are just the tip of the iceberg. Obviously to bring in classy guys, you have to create the foundation for a classy culture that shuns what the average basketball fan wants (ie Flashy, cocky and showboaters). The Spurs are better off without guys like Sjax, Amare and JR (trust me).

Hats off to the Spurs organisation for being classy and for having guys that i'd be happy to be role models for my son/daughter :toast

To show how you respect Spurs organization you are going to swear to not start a ST game blog anymore.ever.

portnoy1
02-03-2010, 05:06 PM
To show how you respect Spurs organization you are going to swear to not start a ST game blog anymore.ever.
Wow thats cold. :lol

Muser
02-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Fuck the British.

Cool story bro.

FalleNxWiZarDx
02-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Fuck the British.

lol all random

mazerrackham
02-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Good post, nuggets-fan, the Spurs classiness as an organization is the reason it was so easy for me to fall in love with them.

5in10
02-03-2010, 05:32 PM

I agree, no more of your game day threads.

Spursmania
02-03-2010, 05:56 PM

As long as the Mods keep letting it happen there's nothing anyone can do, unfortunately.

And, it's nothing against Nuggetsfan, but it just doesn't sit right to have the game blogs started by opposing fans. Just my humble opinion.:toast

Sigz
02-03-2010, 05:57 PM
You sure love you some dumb, don't you?

No, I love Becky Hammon.

honestfool84
02-03-2010, 05:58 PM
thanks, NuGGeTs-FaN. :tu

DesignatedT
02-03-2010, 05:58 PM
your preaching to the choir my friend.

Spursmania
02-03-2010, 06:00 PM
By the way, aside from your game blog starting, thanks nuggetsfan.:toast

Blackjack
02-03-2010, 06:13 PM
The Spurs' organizedhaitian is truly one of a kind..:tu

Thanks for reminding us, NuGGeTs-FaN.:toast (the best Nuggets troll to ever to don the NuGGeTs-FaN username. :hat)

Fabbs
02-03-2010, 06:43 PM
I enjoy jerking off while worshipping Kome
http://i50.tinypic.com/2q0txyc.jpg
keep your lovelife over on the other forum, wimpy.

Killakobe81
02-03-2010, 06:45 PM
I agree with the OP even though he is a nuggets fan. Not a big fan of Robinson but Pop And Duncan both in my top 5 all-time for players and coaches ...

Spur|n|Austin
02-03-2010, 06:45 PM
* Organization.

I wanted dearly to flame you for this comment, but looks like I've been beaten to it. A little research before you lower the bar any, thanks.

Brazil
02-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I agree, no more of your game day threads.

We all agree, pledge allegiance to Spurs Organization and STOP the game blogs

Cause I was born to be-ST!
And it'll always be-ST!
Don't get down on me-ST!
Cause I'm down OG-ST!

Not afraid to die-ST!
Just you promise me-ST!
You got to carry on-ST!
You gotta carry on-ST!

As long as your heart beats...pledge your allegiance!
As long as your heart beats...pledge your allegiance!
As long as your heart beats ... pledge your allegiance

LOL@MavsFan
02-03-2010, 07:09 PM
dude your a freaking asshole....

I can't wait till the CAVS beat Fakers in the Finals.....

:lol:lol:lmao:rollin

ezau
02-03-2010, 08:29 PM

Wow! I have to admit that Nuggets_Fan is one of the best posters in here. He doesn't troll and he's man enough to criticize his team when they're not winning. The reasons that you pointed out are the very same reasons why I became a Spurs fan. :toast

Summers
02-03-2010, 08:48 PM
No, I love Becky Hammon.

Yeah... about that... it's starting to get kinda creepy.

Dex
02-03-2010, 08:53 PM
:lmao People still upset with NuGGeTs-FaN mojo. Or should I call it vo0do0?

Like it or lump it, Game Blogs are an equal opportunity event. Considering we outnumber the Denver fans like 10000 to 1 here, it's really our own fault if they beat us to another. :lol

mazerrackham
02-03-2010, 09:10 PM
:lmao People still upset with NuGGeTs-FaN mojo. Or should I call it vo0do0?

Like it or lump it, Game Blogs are an equal opportunity event. Considering we outnumber the Denver fans like 10000 to 1 here, it's really our own fault if they beat us to another. :lol

not when he starts them like 38 hours before game time though :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-04-2010, 12:14 AM
not when he starts them like 38 hours before game time though :lol

:lmao yeh i get 'em going early!

Complainer
02-04-2010, 12:22 AM
organization

sabar
02-04-2010, 12:54 AM
organization

is American English, as in, not what's in Australia