02-03-2010, 09:41 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=233606

demo launches tomorrow

symple19
02-03-2010, 10:26 PM
yet another title I'm looking forward to, should be a good one

cool cat
02-05-2010, 12:38 PM
I heard there was a Demo out, has anyone tried it? I can't my 360 RRoD.

Shaolin-Style
02-06-2010, 12:59 AM
The worse matchmaking I've ever been through. People will leave and no one will join your game and it'll be empty.

This is just my pc demo experience.

The open mics are hideously loud, there's only two predator players allowed in a game at a time compared to like 4 aliens/4 marines, it gets repetitive fast, the alien dash bugs out on me a lot and is generally slow responding to dropping from a transition, the load times are annoying.

The grab kills are cool, but they get you killed easy if anyone else is nearby. Yeah lets enjoy ripping a guys head off while an alien pokes you in the back while you're doing it.

It's alright but seems like it'd get repetitive pretty quickly and has lots of flaws with matchmaking/loading times on the pc.

Heath Ledger
02-06-2010, 11:02 PM
The game is pretty decent and intense, especially if you have a decent set of surround sound headphones. The game fucking stresses me out. Being an Alien can make you nautious because of all of the transitions from wall to wall.

The matchmaking issues have already been patched for pc and ps3. 360 had no matchmaking issues.

TimDunkem
02-07-2010, 05:38 AM
The developers should have simplified the melee system, and the grab kills for multiplayer. It also couldn't have hurt to have increased the player limit to 24 or so.

I'm sure the best parts of the game lie in the single player campaigns, but I was kind of looking forward to the multiplayer, so it's kind of disappointing since the demo let me down.

Maybe I'll just stick to AvP2. :toast

ATRAIN
02-08-2010, 12:38 PM
I used to play this game on PC back in the day. The demo is pretty tight from what I played. Never got to use predator though but it was pretty easy to get used to using the marine. The alien took a while but was pretty fun.

MiamiHeat
02-08-2010, 01:15 PM
clunky controls, feels like a 1997 windows 97 FPS game.

ugly graphics, not many moves, limited abilities, scripted jumping areas, crappy melee combat

yuck. is this a new game in 2010???? really?

mardigan
02-08-2010, 03:40 PM
I just got the new Game Informer today and they gave this game a 5.75. I think I will stay away even though I wanted to love this game.

TimDunkem
02-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Rebellion really dropped the ball. These are the same guys that made the 1999 classic? :sleep

symple19
02-10-2010, 07:09 AM
After seeing the reviews, I'm gonna skip it

ynh
02-18-2010, 12:11 AM
This game is really not as bad as the reviews are giving it. I think the lowest I would give it is a 7.5 and the highest an 8.

Then again I only played it for about an hour today and mainly online.

Problems I've seen:

Everyone wants to be the pred.. I had one game where we really couldn't start because some other dude and I were the only people that didn't mind being the Humans.

Walking on walls makes me want to puke.

Lastly.. It's too freaking dark when you're a human. I know they wanted to make it scary but the other races have a big advantage in MP because you can only see where your flash light is pointing and it doesn't cover much area.

Infestation and Species Death Match are pretty cool.

I had some loose money so I don't mind paying 60 for it but I think the right price would of been 40.