PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Slump has Cuban reconsidering stance on trade offers

CubanMustGo
02-04-2010, 12:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=4884849

DALLAS -- Owner Mark Cuban acknowledged that the Dallas Mavericks' recent losing ways has made his trigger finger a little itchy.

Last week, Cuban said he didn't see the Mavericks making a blockbuster deal, although the team would explore its options before the Feb. 18 trade deadline.

Cuban is much more eager to make a trade after the Mavs' first three-game losing streak of the season.

"We suck right now," Cuban said before Wednesday night's home game against the Golden State Warriors. "Where before we might not have listened, now at least we'll listen. Nothing dramatic has changed except our performance."

The Mavericks are 31-18 after Wednesday's victory against the Warriors, good for third place in the Western Conference. However, Dallas is 9-9 since New Year's Eve.

If the Mavs make a significant trade, struggling swingman Josh Howard is likely to be the centerpiece of the outgoing package. Howard is in the middle of the worst season of his career, but he's an attractive trade chip because of his contract, which includes a team option for $11.8 million next season.

"It's not like [other teams] think I'm sorry in this league," Howard told NBA.com. "I know that for a fact. If it's meant for me to get traded, it's going to happen. That's not even my concern. My concern is winning."

Howard also expressed frustration with his role and the uncertainty of the franchise's plans for his future. Cuban said he understood that frustration and hoped Howard could work his way out of a slump, but the owner certainly offered no assurances that Howard would remain with the Mavericks after the trade deadline.

"It's just the nature of the business," Cuban said. "People get anxious and get nervous, particularly when things aren't going well and particularly with my history. It's not like Josh hasn't been here five years and knows we've made a lot of trades."

Amarelooms
02-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Good...get rid of JHO. If the JHO/Damp for Iggy/Dalambert trade is on the table pull the trigger already :elephant

da_suns_fan
02-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Amare for Dirk.

Whatdayaysay?!!!!

BlackSwordsMan
02-04-2010, 01:12 PM
bonner/mason/finley/mcdyess/jefferson for dirk
DO IT CUBA

BlackSwordsMan
02-04-2010, 01:12 PM
I'll even buy the plane tickets myself

Amarelooms
02-04-2010, 02:24 PM
I'll even buy the plane tickets myself

You couldn't get Dirk even if offering Duncan...get with it dummy :elephant

mavsfan1000
02-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Do it Cuban. Trade Howard for Iggy.

Lukor
02-04-2010, 02:31 PM
If it was just Howard for Iggy Mavs wouldve made that deal yesterday. The 76ers shurely want more talent or unload Dalembert/Brand. Get realistic guys,there is only 1 Gasol deal per decade.

Ghazi
02-04-2010, 02:40 PM
One problem is the lack of young talent we have to throw in as sweeteners... Barea and Beaubois is about it... Barea isn't exactly talent... beaubois I kinda wanna hold on to but I guess you have to if it can be the clincher in acquiring a guy like Iggy. Maybe?! hhmm.

mavsfan1000
02-04-2010, 06:47 PM
One problem is the lack of young talent we have to throw in as sweeteners... Barea and Beaubois is about it... Barea isn't exactly talent... beaubois I kinda wanna hold on to but I guess you have to if it can be the clincher in acquiring a guy like Iggy. Maybe?! hhmm.
No way I would give up Beaubois to get Iggy. Barea would be an easy decision. Beaubois already looks like he should be starting beside Kidd. No idea why Carlisle won't do that again.