PDA

View Full Version : Antoine Walker is a little punk

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Just threw a forearm into JO's chest. One punk ass bitch hitting another punk ass bitch. :lol Suspension coming.

Brodels
04-28-2005, 10:05 PM
That game has been pretty crazy. I was driving around and ended up listening to it on the radio and then I turned it on when I got home.

The Celtics should win that series. SJax and Jermaine are obviously suffering with injuries. This loss was a big one...the Celtics are young and it will be interesting to see how they respond.

kskonn
04-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Just threw a forearm into JO's chest. One punk ass bitch hitting another punk ass bitch. :lol Suspension coming.

Yea I just saw the replay of that, Looks like there might be a suspension on the way for Him and oneal.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-28-2005, 10:13 PM
What did O'Neal do? Flagrantly foul Antoine's elbow with his chest? All JO did was tell AW to fuck off.

Dex
04-28-2005, 10:15 PM
O'Neal shoved Walker after taking the elbow, while the two jawwed under the basket.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah I know, the league doesn't suspend for shoves. Just flagrant 2s, punches, and assaults in the stands.

JO will get fined, that's about it.

kskonn
04-28-2005, 10:20 PM
no, afterward He pushed Walker pretty hard after play had stopped. I just saw it on espn.

kskonn
04-28-2005, 10:22 PM
I think the leauge may call that a punch because of Oneals earlier instances. I am not saying it is the right thing. If the media makes a deal out of it the leauge will hand down suspensions. If it goes away nothing should happen. Well walker should get suspended, becuase I do not like that guy.

milkyway21
04-28-2005, 10:23 PM
the celtics have been doing that to O'Neal since game 1. :rolleyes

i thought J.O. couldn't survive game 2 bec of that very physical play in game 1, might have aggrevated O'Neal's shoulder injury.

T Park
04-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Walker will get suspended for shoving the ref.

Probobly 2 games IMO.

Of course thats what it SHOULD be.

If it is 1 or 2 games??

The Pacers will have won 4 in a row to end the series.

boutons
04-28-2005, 10:27 PM
SJax was "peace making" again @BOS when JO got in a shoving match. That dumbass just never learns. He ended up being headlocked.

pooh
04-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Walker will more than likely get fined. He was hoping he would pull a "ben wallace" and spark another brawl but Indy kept their cool and blew away Boston tonight.

ShoogarBear
04-28-2005, 11:52 PM
TNT guys made a great point: JO threw the first elbow at Delonte West during the play.

Could be a double suspension.

Leetonidas
04-28-2005, 11:56 PM
But Walker pushed a ref...

whottt
04-28-2005, 11:56 PM
Yeah, when they reshowed it Antoine was just sticking up for his teamate...he also tried to calm J O'Neal down...

Looks to me like J'Oneal was the punk here and Antoine was just being the good teamate.

I hate Antoine but maybe he is starting to change into a team player...he's showed a lot of leadership in this postseason.

Dre_7
04-28-2005, 11:59 PM
I agree with the TNT crew. Oneal threw an elbow at west and Walker was sticking up for his smaller teammate.

Guru of Nothing
04-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Looks to me like J'Oneal was the punk here

Yep.

Das Texan
04-29-2005, 12:06 AM
who cares, both these bitch teams have no shot in the east.

T Park
04-29-2005, 12:10 AM
Both O'Neal and Walker should get a game each.

whottt
04-29-2005, 12:42 AM
who cares, both these bitch teams have no shot in the east.

I diasagree with that strongly...the Pacers most certainly do have a shot.

#1. They absolutely own the Miami Heat, Shaq or no Shaq.

#2. They took the Pistons to 6 games last season with Artest pulling a major choke.

The Pacers a very dangerous team...It's basically the same team that won 60+ games last season...

Yes they lost Artest...but they also added Stephen Jackson....IF anyone should know that Jack is a dangerous man in the playoffs it should be Spursfans.

If the Pacers go up against the Heat I'll be taking the Pacers in that series.

T Park
04-29-2005, 12:54 AM

and you will lose that bet as well.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2005, 03:36 AM
I didn't see the game, but it kind of sucks that the Pacers got involved in another altercation. I would think there would have been some lessons learned by what they went through this season.

xcoriate
04-29-2005, 03:41 AM
Man and Pooh will try and tell you the Pacers have class :rolleyes

None the less I kinda feel bad for Reggie, I wanted him to go with a bang, his teammates keep fucking up everything for him.

boutons
04-29-2005, 05:27 AM
"in another altercation."

I don't think it's Larry or Rick. They just have some trash people on their team. Rick has done a great job with the basketball this season in spite of the suspensions and injuries, but they prove that "character counts".

And matching up the Celtic punks is a bad combination.

Somehow fitting that the Pacers go down in the playoffs to more suspensions.

Brodels
04-29-2005, 05:56 AM
I diasagree with that strongly...the Pacers most certainly do have a shot.

#1. They absolutely own the Miami Heat, Shaq or no Shaq.

#2. They took the Pistons to 6 games last season with Artest pulling a major choke.

The Pacers a very dangerous team...It's basically the same team that won 60+ games last season...

Yes they lost Artest...but they also added Stephen Jackson....IF anyone should know that Jack is a dangerous man in the playoffs it should be Spursfans.

Yeah, but the Pacers are simply missing too much with Artest and Tinsley (two starters) out and much of the rest of the team hurting. Jermaine's shoulder is a real concern and SJax gets beat on the defensive end over and over again because his knee is fucked up. They could win this series, but they better get healthy quick if they want to challenge Detroit and Miami.

TDfan2007
04-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Antione was just sticking up for his teammate after O'neal tried to elbow his teammate.

O'neal is a little punk who hasn't learned his lesson yet and Antoine is trying to be a leader for this young Celtics team.

MadDog73
04-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Agreed. I hate the Pacers, now. They're all a bunch of Thugs (even Stephen Jackson, who I used to like).

That said, they will probably be able to push Detroit to a game 6 or even 7.

pooh
04-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Walker got suspended for one game (lucky for him, but he should've got more for tossing the ref aside) and JO just got fined (not fair but acceptable).

T Park
04-29-2005, 05:18 PM
not fair

So it is ok to throw elbows and shove guys around???

Only in your world would that be "Not fair"

Idiot.

CosmicCowboy
04-29-2005, 05:23 PM
NEW YORK, April 29 – Antoine Walker of the Boston Celtics has been suspended one game without pay for making contact with a game official. Walker will also be charged with a flagrant foul penalty one for contact made with Jermaine O’Neal of the Indiana Pacers after a dead ball.

O’Neal has been fined $10,000 for his role in the altercation with Walker.

The incident occurred with 4:09 remaining in the fourth period of the Celtics 99-76 loss to the Indiana Pacers last night at Conseco Fieldhouse. Walker will miss Saturday’s game at Indiana.

The suspension and fine were announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.

pooh
04-29-2005, 05:24 PM
Not completely fair, but still nevetheless...JO mainly just pushed him lightly. Almost like what Wallace did to Artest that eventually triggered the brawl in Detroit last November. As I said, I don't think it was fair, but I see him getting fined though. Not much, but fined.

Walker clearly deserved getting suspended a game, hell...he should've been suspended for the rest of the series in my opinion. You don't toss a ref to the side...in any sport, period. Walker just cost his team the series with that bonehead move.

(Thanks CC for posting about the amount of the fine, etc. I already posted when I saw yours come up.)

ducks
04-29-2005, 05:29 PM
is tinsely coming back this postseason pooh?

pooh
04-29-2005, 05:34 PM
is tinsely coming back this postseason pooh?

Seriously...I doubt it. I don't know what the problem has been with his foot. I keep hearing it's something similar to what Bill Walton had, who knows?

CosmicCowboy
04-29-2005, 05:44 PM
How does being suspended without pay work in the playoffs? Anybody know? I could see how in the regular season it would be 1/82 of their annual contract salary...but what do the pay them in the playoffs? Is it above and beyond their contract or is it just part of the deal? Does a max player get more per game in the playoffs than a vet minimum player?

Anybody know?

pooh
04-29-2005, 07:16 PM
How does being suspended without pay work in the playoffs? Anybody know? I could see how in the regular season it would be 1/82 of their annual contract salary...but what do the pay them in the playoffs? Is it above and beyond their contract or is it just part of the deal? Does a max player get more per game in the playoffs than a vet minimum player?

Anybody know?

I'm sure Kori would know.

CosmicCowboy
04-29-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm sure Kori would know.

actually last time this came up she didn't...but I'm sure she could find out though...*hint*hint*hint*...:lol

whottt
04-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Yeah, but the Pacers are simply missing too much with Artest and Tinsley (two starters) out and much of the rest of the team hurting.

Artest pretty much sucked in the playoffs, Tinsley hurts but he wasn't that good last season anyway...

Jermaine's shoulder is a real concern and SJax gets beat on the defensive end over and over again because his knee is fucked up. They could win this series, but they better get healthy quick if they want to challenge Detroit and Miami.

You have a point on Jackson and O'Neal...I guess it just depends on how badly they are still hurting...

But basically the Pacers play great D, and Jack, Reggie and Jermaine are all clutch and Foster is under-rated.

If you play D and you got Jack and Reggie and a pretty decent big in O'Neal and a big who can do a do a good job of defending any big in the NBA...you have all you need to upset anyone.

They have tools to pull off an upset against any team in the NBA...I personally think they are better off without Artest and with a healthy Jack...Artest pulled one of the great individual chokes in NBA history last season in the playoffs...for all he helps with his toughness and D...he taxes chemistry and is a playoff choker...If they can get healthy I think they are better built for success in the playoffs this year than they were last year.

And they freaking own the Heat...even without O'Neal.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2005, 11:22 PM

Anybody know?

There's a pool of playoff money for the entire league. (For example for the 2003 playoffs it was $8.75M).

Then there is a certain amount of money from the pool given to teams for regular season achievements (i.e. Best regular season record, Best regular season conference record, etc) and a post season achievements (i.e. making the playoffs, making the second round .... winning the title).

Then it's up to each team how to distribute the money they've received. Each player normal gets one 'share' but the players can vote to give a certain player more shares, they can also choose to give the ballboys, trainers, The Coyote or whatever a share or partial shares as well.

CosmicCowboy
04-29-2005, 11:29 PM
There's a pool of playoff money for the entire league. (For example for the 2003 playoffs it was $8.75M).

Then there is a certain amount of money from the pool given to teams for regular season achievements (i.e. Best regular season record, Best regular season conference record, etc) and a post season achievements (i.e. making the playoffs, making the second round .... winning the title).

Then it's up to each team how to distribute the money they've received. Each player normal gets one 'share' but the players can vote to give a certain player more shares, they can also choose to give the ballboys, trainers, The Coyote or whatever a share or partial shares as well.

ahhhh...you are the proverbial goddess of basketball knowledge as usual...

so in other words relatively speaking this didn't cost him shit to get a one game suspension "without pay"....

T Park
04-29-2005, 11:32 PM
nah, it just officially eliminated the Celtics though.

Good job Toine.