PDA

View Full Version : If the playoffs started today...

Xylus
02-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Here's the current seeding, likely to change many times before the end of the season. But it's fun to look at right now, anyway.

Western Conference

(1) Los Angeles Lakers vs. (8)Portland Trailblazers
(2) Denver Nuggets vs. (7) Oklahoma City Thunder
(3) Dallas Mavericks vs. (6) Phoenix Suns
(4) Utah Jazz vs. (5) San Antonio Spurs

Eastern Conference

(1) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (8) Chicago Bulls
(2) Orlando Magic vs. (7) Miami Heat
(3) Boston Celtics vs. (6) Charlotte Bobcats
(4) Atlanta Hawks vs. (5) Toronto Raptors

Looking at these matchups, a few thoughts come to mind:

-A Lakers-Blazers matchup would be the worst thing ever to happen to SpursTalk. The combined amount of threads from Tlong and Laker fan would overload the Internet.

-Dallas vs. Phoenix? Fucking awesome. No longer will Mav fan and Sun fan coexist peacefully.

-San Antonio dominated the Jazz a few years ago in the postseason, and have typically played very well against them over the course of the decade. This year is an anomaly: the Spurs have faced the Jazz 4 times already this season and lost all 4 times. Crazy stuff.

-Melo vs. Durant

-Miami could be the Magic's kryptonite. They've played twice so far and the Heat took both victories.

-When the fuck did the Raptors become a winning team?

Thunder Dan
02-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Magic/Heat series would be interesting

FalleNxWiZarDx
02-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Magic/Heat series would be interesting

not really

bostonguy
02-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Bobcats vs Celts? With a coach like LB, a cold blooded killer in Jackson, and all that versatility, the Cats would have a GREAT chance to win that series.

JoeTait75
02-04-2010, 05:11 PM
When the fuck did the Raptors become a winning team?

With the exception of Miami and Chicago in the last week or so, the teams at the bottom of the East bracket have been playing good basketball for quite a while now. Toronto is an interesting team, almost a poor man's version of last year's Magic- very tall, a lot of guys who can shoot and a commanding presence in the middle in Bosh (who has been playing lights-out lately.)

Orlando in particular shouldn't want anything to do with the Raptors in a first-round series. Toronto matches up well with them.

Xylus
02-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Magic/Heat and Celtics/Bobcats would both be must-watch series for me.

Allanon
02-04-2010, 05:13 PM
I'd like to see Miami play Cleveland in the first round. LeBron and Wade are the only ones that can draw fouls on each other.

Hawks vs Raptors would be an entertaining series. Ball.

Lakers vs Blazers is probably a rougher 1st rounder than I'd like.

There aren't any "pushover" teams in the West.

JoeTait75
02-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Bobcats vs Celts? With a coach like LB, a cold blooded killer in Jackson, and all that versatility, the Cats would have a GREAT chance to win that series.

Charlotte is kind of a scary team: two legit prime-time players in Wallace and Captain Jack, a great coach, and they play outstanding defense. They've beaten Cleveland twice this season and it wasn't a fluke either time.

Xylus
02-04-2010, 05:14 PM
With the exception of Miami and Chicago in the last week or so, the teams at the bottom of the East bracket have been playing good basketball for quite a while now. Toronto is an interesting team, almost a poor man's version of last year's Magic- very tall, a lot of guys who can shoot and a commanding presence in the middle in Bosh (who has been playing lights-out lately.)

Orlando in particular shouldn't want anything to do with the Raptors in a first-round series. Toronto matches up well with them.

This is the first time in a long time I can remember the bottom 4 seeds in the East bracket all looking like possible threats. Even the Bulls are looking much better than they did at the start of the year.

bostonguy
02-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Charlotte is kind of a scary team: two legit prime-time players in Wallace and Captain Jack, a great coach, and they play outstanding defense. They've beaten Cleveland twice this season and it wasn't a fluke either time.

I still would take the Cavs in 5 over the Cats if that is a first round series. Cavs have versatility and experience. They would give any team fits that is for sure. Boston is old which that alone already makes that a very tough series for them.

XFactor
02-04-2010, 05:21 PM
I still would take the Cavs in 5 over the Cats if that is a first round series. Cavs have versatility and experience. They would give any team fits that is for sure. Boston is old which that alone already makes that a very tough series for them.

Remember in 2008 the season the Celtics won the title, the Bobcats beat them twice during that season. Now season games usually don't mean alot but the Bobcats would probably push them to a game 7.

j.dizzle
02-04-2010, 05:24 PM
:wow They beat Cle twice this season? Man fuck that team they've owned LA for a while. Jackson was a great pickup, hes one of the scariest shooters in the league when he heats up.

Darthkiller
02-04-2010, 05:25 PM
i hope bobcats fall to 8th and play cavs in the frist round. they are a good matchup with cavs.

Xylus
02-04-2010, 05:27 PM
I jokingly predicted a Suns-Bobcats Finals at the beginning of this year because I didn't see any chance of it happening. But it's good to know there is at least a 0.5% chance now.

bostonguy
02-04-2010, 05:28 PM
i hope bobcats fall to 8th and play cavs in the frist round. they are a good matchup with cavs.

Yeah to win MAYBE 1 game. They would put up a nice little fight but they will be lucky if they aren't swept.

JoeTait75
02-04-2010, 05:28 PM

I don't, because they are. I think Cleveland would win that series but it wouldn't be easy.

bostonguy
02-04-2010, 05:29 PM
I don't, because they are. I think Cleveland would win that series but it wouldn't be easy.

5 games. The only way it goes 6 is is Cleveland lets it get that far.

Allanon
02-04-2010, 05:33 PM
I don't see any possible upsets with that seeding in the East.

In the West though, every one of those is an upset waiting to happen.

JoeTait75
02-04-2010, 05:34 PM
I don't see any possible upsets with that seeding in the East.

In the West though, every one of those is an upset waiting to happen.

Not the series L.A. plays. The only team out West capable of taking out the Lake Show is Denver.

Allanon
02-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Not the series L.A. plays. The only team out West capable of taking out the Lake Show is Denver.

Although I do think the Lakers would probably win, the Blazers are always difficult on the Lakers...

The Blazers are probably the last team I'd like to see the Lakers play in the first round.

The Lakers haven't won in the Rose Garden since 2005 :lol

DPG21920
02-04-2010, 06:42 PM
That would be an absolute brutal match up for the Spurs. I don't see them getting by Utah with the way the current teams are playing.

lil_penny
02-04-2010, 06:44 PM

i have a feeling that will change saturday:rolleyes

The Gemini Method
02-04-2010, 06:46 PM
I would have to agree on one point, though, the threads by tlong and Laker apologists that would come as a result of a Lakers/Blazers match-up would endless...

Banzai
02-04-2010, 06:47 PM

Too be honest..I don't. if you are referring to the Lakers.

Muser
02-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Damn, a 7 game series against the Jazz who would have home court? No thanks..

23LeBronJames23
02-04-2010, 07:37 PM
I just hope Cavs dont play Cats in 1st round.

Allanon
02-04-2010, 07:58 PM

Kobe might not play. There are rumors from practice today that he may sit a few games.

Of course the Blazers have a million more injuries but the Lakers need all the help they can get at the cursed Rose Garden.

Brazil
02-04-2010, 08:02 PM
If I was of an eastern team I will root to not begin against bobcats

Girasuck
02-04-2010, 09:16 PM
If the playoffs started today we'd beat any team in the league except for the Lakers. Unfortunately the playoffs don't start today which gives Boozer time to ruin the season when he comes back.

Xylus
02-05-2010, 01:44 AM
Well, Spurs fans, after tonight's game, San Antonio is now the 6th seed, and facing a 1st-round date with the Mavs. The Suns and Jazz are now seeded against each other.

Ghazi
02-05-2010, 01:46 AM
Spurs are gonna get bukkaked in the 1st round, it's just a matter of who it is that will deliver the bukkakage... Lakers, Nuggets, Mavs, or Jazz.

21_Blessings
02-05-2010, 01:47 AM
Well, Spurs fans, after tonight's game, San Antonio is now the 6th seed, and facing a 1st-round date with the Mavs.

Back to back first round exits. Finally San Antonio repeats at something.

ffadicted
02-05-2010, 01:48 AM

Goddamn it

Killakobe81
02-05-2010, 01:52 AM
I'd like to see Miami play Cleveland in the first round. LeBron and Wade are the only ones that can draw fouls on each other.

Hawks vs Raptors would be an entertaining series. Ball.

Lakers vs Blazers is probably a rougher 1st rounder than I'd like.

There aren't any "pushover" teams in the West.

I disagree they still young ...but i must say great job by nate they play so hard ...plus if our bigs show up we wear down Howard and get foul trouble on those guys ... Id prefer OKC ...cuz they are even younger ...

Killakobe81
02-05-2010, 01:57 AM
Although I do think the Lakers would probably win, the Blazers are always difficult on the Lakers...

The Blazers are probably the last team I'd like to see the Lakers play in the first round.

Come on allanon. i repect the Blazers (regular season) but in the playoffs we win that in 5 ...

j.dizzle
02-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Come on allanon. i repect the Blazers (regular season) but in the playoffs we win that in 5 ...
Son i mentioned in the other thread that we might as well forfeight saturdays game. LA has that curse in their heads & the fans there cheer louder then the motha fuckin super bowl haha

Xylus
02-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Damn, the Western Conference seeding sure changed last night:

(1)Los Angeles Lakers vs. (8)OKC Thunder
(2)Denver Nuggets vs. (7)Portland Trailblazers
(3)Dallas Mavericks vs. (6)San Antonio Spurs
(4)Utah Jazz vs. (5)Phoenix Suns

These matchups aren't nearly as exciting, save for the 3-6 series.

21_Blessings
02-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Den/Por and Utah/Pho would be a good series. The Spurs and OKC most likely get swept.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-07-2010, 03:17 AM
same matchups in the West at the moment

Lakers-Blazers
Nuggs-Thunder
Jazz-Spurs
Mavs-Suns......

would all be great series with no guaranteed winners

LkrFan
02-07-2010, 07:35 AM
I jokingly predicted a Suns-Bobcats Finals at the beginning of this year because I didn't see any chance of it happening. But it's good to know there is at least a 0.0% chance now.
Fixed it for you. Ain't no way in hell y'all win even one game against the Lakers in the playoffs. Not one. Hell, y'all had a better team in 2006 and we almost took y'all out with Kwame Brown as our center. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Can the Spurs get a first round bye in the playoffs?

They should worry more about making the playoffs than getting a first round bye.

21_Blessings
02-07-2010, 01:13 PM
They should worry more about making the playoffs than getting a first round bye.

:lol

spurs10
02-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Hopefully they won't repeat getting blown off the court for 7 years in a row like the Lakers.

Xylus
02-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Way too early to do that "if the playoffs started tomorrow" shit.

The season is 65% over already. I think it's okay to start talking playoffs. And besides, this is meant to be a fun topic.

Xylus
02-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Fixed it for you. Ain't no way in hell y'all win even one game against the Lakers in the playoffs. Not one. Hell, y'all had a better team in 2006 and we almost took y'all out with Kwame Brown as our center. :lol

You're assuming the Lakers make it past the 1st or 2nd round. :rollin

Muser
02-07-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't know who I want the Spurs to get in the first round, Dallas would be horrible as usual, the Jazz have kicked our asses this year and so have the Blazers.

Probably the best bet is to get phoenix.

ChrisRichards
02-07-2010, 03:58 PM
:lol