PDA

View Full Version : Pop's Mistake

Flux451
02-05-2010, 01:32 AM
Besides the obvious lack of 3pt% shooting, turnovers in the fourth, etc. I feel there was a bigger reason Spurs lost. Even with the horrendous percentages', etc. games can still be won.

I think Pop's mistake of not taking a timeout to get Parker in the fourth quarter sooner, lead to Spurs frustrating loss. Parker made his mark on this game and left the 4th at 8mins and didn't come back until 1:46. Wow. He didn't seem tired. Pop looked like he was mimicing Phil Jackson and letting his team play through the Blazers run. But Hill looked very hesistant running point with GINO in the fourth and the Spurs discombobulated offense needed a true PG...especially one that was having a great game.

SequSpur
02-05-2010, 01:33 AM
yep.

Flux451
02-05-2010, 01:38 AM
That's a part of it but that isn't the make or break it of tonights game.

I disagree.
Blazers run could have been negated by our BEST player of the night countering with points or a better offensive flow. Parker played 30 mins., like he never lost a stride after being injured. put him in those seven minutes and we win.

We "make" it.

Kori Ellis
02-05-2010, 01:39 AM
I agree with Flux. I just posted the same thing in that other thread.

Yeah, it was good to see everyone looking healthy. And I'm assuming Mason is gone as of tomorrow or something.

But when it comes down to it, to me, this game is on Pop. He should have called a timeout at 4 minutes to go, 3 minutes to go, etc to stop the bleeding. He sent Tony to the scorer's table with 4 something left and Tony sat there on the ground til 2 minutes (or less). A timeout to re-group was really needed and Pop let them blow the lead. I know it's on the players for not executing/getting stops, but the coach needs to know when they need a little help to re-focus.

Truckules
02-05-2010, 01:45 AM
I think Pop was trying to be cautious. He didn't want to risk anything since it was TP's first game back since the injury. The biggest problem with this team is that it feels like everyone is just waiting for the playoffs to start so that they can start playing their best.

timvp
02-05-2010, 01:47 AM
Yeah, putting back in the player that far and away was leading in plus/minus wouldn't have been a bad thing. Not to mention giving a breather to the rest of the team.

TD 21
02-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Besides the obvious lack of 3pt% shooting, turnovers in the fourth, etc. I feel there was a bigger reason Spurs lost. Even with the horrendous percentages', etc. games can still be won.

I think Pop's mistake of not taking a timeout to get Parker in the fourth quarter sooner, lead to Spurs frustrating loss. Parker made his mark on this game and left the 4th at 8mins and didn't come back until 1:46. Wow. He didn't seem tired. Pop looked like he was mimicing Phil Jackson and letting his team play through the Blazers run. But Hill looked very hesistant running point with GINO in the fourth and the Spurs discombobulated offense needed a true PG...especially one that was having a great game.

Agreed. Parker looked spry and as quick as he has all year. The Blazers didn't have a single guard that could keep him out of the paint and they had no shot blocking at the rim. Pop should have gotten him back in at the stoppage around the 5:30 mark. Instead, he completely overdid it with resting him (I believe he played 12 second half minutes) and the Spurs suffered their latest worst/most embarrassing loss in a season filled with them.

What the fuck happened to this team in crunch time? Out of non awful teams, they've got to be the worst in the league executing down the stretch. And it's not just the new guys or the young guys. Duncan had trouble holding onto the ball the entire fourth quarter; often looking nervous. This guy's one of the most experienced players in the history of the game, so why the fuck is he nervous in some game in February against a middle of the pack team? Ginobili hoists an absolutely ridiculously deep three, for no reason, when the Spurs desperately needed a good shot; preferably one going to the rim. This is doubly stupid considering that Ginobili, like Parker, was getting to the rim whenever he desired tonight. He also had a terrible turnover, trying to force a pass to Duncan.

This is unacceptable. Something's got to be done because, this team isn't going anywhere. They can't win on national TV, they can't beat the Nuggets, Trail Blazers, Jazz; they get their token one win a season against the Lakers and Mavs and other than that, can't beat them. Those are the best teams in the West. If this team can't beat them, not even when they're wounded to the point of missing their go-to scorer, their two centers and their sixth man, then how the fuck can they expect to beat them in a playoff series? If they even make it to the playoffs, we're looking at a one-and-done team at this point. I don't see how they can beat any playoff team in a series.

edgar
02-05-2010, 01:56 AM
:corn:

lcroock
02-05-2010, 02:01 AM
Spurs 0-3 vs Portland (Roy missed 2 of 3 on top of this)
Spurs 0-4 vs Jazz.
Spurs 0-2 vs Nuggets.
Spurs 2-4 vs Suns/Rockets/Mavs.

'Nuf said. Excuses are old. We ain't a contender no more.

z0sa
02-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Pop has some questionable calls, but every coach, especially an untouchable one like Pop, has his share.

toki9
02-05-2010, 02:25 AM
i think Pop too often focuses way too much on the big picture--that is, championship or nothing...to that extent, he'll take the small short-term hits, disregarding the possibility that cumulative short-term hits can also have a big impact (kind of like bizarro pounding the rock)...

I think Pop didn't call the time-out in the 4th because he probably wanted to see if the team had the character to withstand the run...he probably thinks if the team can't withstand that kind of pressure at this point in the season, then the team probably wouldn't win the championship anyways, so might as well see if the team's up for it...

spurtech09
02-05-2010, 02:25 AM
pops you have lost your mind

Rappin' Pop
02-05-2010, 02:36 AM
I shall now give you the summary of the game. Rap style.

My man Michael Finley playing the minutes, cause he sucked my dick.
The real Dick, however, blew his load and sucked, looked so damn sick.

George Hill, the teacher's pet, I threw him into the fire.
Tony Parker was in the doghouse, he is now up for hire.

DeJuan Blair, fucking beast, but he is a rookie, so I am sitting his ass.
Manu Ginobili, what a choker, missed the shot, looked like he ran out of gas.

Antonio McDyess, I slammed the scorer's table cause the motherfucker missed another rotation.
Matt Bonner, why didn't I play him more, the plus and minus sensation.

Keith Bogans, I just love useless vets who do no shit.
Me myself don't get the blame cause I am such a big hit.

So Spurs fans, how my ass taste? Tell me about it!

duncan228
02-05-2010, 02:39 AM
“Handled the ball well all night then turned it over down the stretch and didn’t shoot well,” San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said. “The combination of poor shooting and the turnovers down the stretch gave us the loss.”

HarlemHeat37
02-05-2010, 02:42 AM

Antonio McDyess, I slammed the scorer's table cause the motherfucker missed another rotation.

:rollin:rollin

toki9
02-05-2010, 02:51 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/12870/parker-watches-while-spurs-wilt

Parker watches while Spurs wilt
February, 5, 2010

By John Hollinger

PORTLAND -- All Tony Parker could do was sit and watch. Marooned at the scorer's table while he waited for a whistle to get him back in the game, he saw the clock tick inside 4 minutes ... and 3 ... and 2 ... while a six-point San Antonio turned into a dispiriting 96-93 defeat to Portland.

Parker’s whistle never came, courtesy of a 3:32 stretch without a dead ball, and by the time Parker got back in his team was trailing 88-87 and he was ice cold after spending five fourth-quarter minutes on the bench. San Antonio went 3:29 without scoring, encompassing five entry trips, until Manu Ginobili's lay-up with 18.5 seconds left and the outcome largely in hand.

The defeat continued a recent Spurs' pattern of floundering late in games, something Popovich mentioned before Sunday's game against Denver and again after tonight's defeat.

"We turned it over down the stretch," said Popovich, whose team made four miscues in the first 44 minutes but two in the five-possession sequence that basically cost them the game.

“Usually we’ve been a very mature team,” said Ginobili, “very experienced closing out games, and now we are not doing it right. I don’t think it’s a secret or something we’re messing up, but it’s a play here, a possession there... since we’re not winning that often it puts a lot of pressure on very possession and things are not going our way.

The ending ruined what had been a near-perfect start. With Parker back in the lineup from an ankle injury the Spurs looked like a much more formidable unit than the one that had lost four of six in its last homestand. Parker burned Portland for 16 first-half points by combining his speed off the dribble and periodic mid-range jump shots, and he finished with 18 and six assists in 30 minutes. Ginobili (23) and Tim Duncan (15 points, 12 boards) looked like the Big Three of old for much of the night.

Until the fourth quarter, that is, when a 76-66 San Antonio lead wilted under Portland's defensive pressure and clutch shooting by Martell Webster, who made all five of his 3-point attempts. LaMarcus Aldridge had a breakout game with 28 points and 12 rebounds to help the undermanned Blazers rally.

The Spurs had a chance to tie after a missed Andre Miller free throw left the door open and ran a beautiful play out of a timeout to free Ginobili in the corner, but he missed a wide-open 3 with 11 seconds left to seal the Spurs' fate.

“I thought [George Hill] was going to shoot it so I was going to the rebound and then I came back. But I had plenty of time, I stayed with the shot, but it didn’t look good form the beginning.”

Andre Miller left the door open with a brain-dead foul on George Hill with 2.1 seconds left and his team ahead by four. Hill made the first and intentionally missed the second, but the Spurs couldn't tap the ball out for another game-tying 3 attempt.

But the crucial sequence came with the Spurs up by four, just under five minutes left and Parker, who checked out at the eight-minute mark, at the scorer's table ready to check in for Hill. Popovich said the team weighed calling a timeout to get Parker back in the game, but never did until the Blazers called one of their own with 1:45 left.

While the timeouts proved useful at the end, helping design the play that nearly tied it, in 20-20 hindsight they probably wish they used it at the three-minute mark for Parker to help salvage an offense that was going off the rails.

If there’s a positive for San Antonio, it’s that Parker and Ginobili looks as good as they have all season. Ginobili told me this is the best he’s felt physically this season, while Parker tore up the Blazers defense in the first half in his first game back from a sprained ankle.

Nonetheless, the results need to change for the Spurs to start feeling good about the renewed vigor of their stars. San Anotnio’s Rodeo Road Trip continues with a winnable game against the Clippers on Saturday before heading into the break with a Lakers-Nuggets one-two punch, and it would help their psyche immensely if they can finish off a win against a quality team—something they’ve struggled to do in losing seven of their past 11 games.

"We just haven't played well and hit shots the last minutes of the game or executed the way we need to," said Richard Jefferson, and for a Spurs team that doesn’t deal in moral victories that will need to change quickly.

slick'81
02-05-2010, 02:53 AM
epic rap by rappin pop

boutons_deux
02-05-2010, 05:56 AM
"We just haven't played well and hit shots the last minutes of the game or executed the way we need to," :lol "just" :lol Apart that Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?

Allanon
02-05-2010, 07:02 AM
I think Pop pulled a Phil given the circumstance.

Only way to get George some crunch time minutes is to play him crunch time minutes. He wanted to get TP in but at the same time he wanted to get Hill some experience and the lack of a dead ball was convenient.

It does result in some losses but for the most part, it's better for Hill in the long run.

intothechaos
02-05-2010, 07:07 AM
I will be the first to admit that I do criticize Parker alot but last night he played like the Parker we all know. We lost this game again to the lack of ability by the teams smartass coach. When is Pop gonna come out of HIS slump?

Slippy
02-05-2010, 07:14 AM
I couldn't believe how much time had lapsed when Tony finally came in from the time i saw him at the bench waiting to re-enter. Pop took a gamble that didn't pay off. I would rather he play it safe next time.

TheChillFactor
02-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Rappin' Pop is my favorite poster of all time on any board, and it ain't close...

Doug Collins
02-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Waiting on Hype Man Manu to make an appearance...

EmmanuelTimothyDavid
02-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Pop seems to be thinking of other things in the past few games.....Things have really change on the way he coach after Bowen left.......He has become soft on talking with the players.... The Spurs are giving up a lot of games that I think the team can win....He really should have given guys on the bench some playing time if one of the player on the court is not contributing anything....

dbestpro
02-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Pop is an absolute genius when it comes to Xs and Os. He is a good with people because he is a straight shooter and because of that veterans love him. He is, however, an average coach at best when it comes to rotations, half time adjustments, and time out management. He also has trouble sticking to what is working. He always seems to flutter away to try something else. Point in case the defense found itself last night by doubling the shooters. It caused various turn overs and poor shots by Portland. So what happens in crunch time? Straight up man to man.

Pop has also had a hard time with young players. Pop would have benefited bei8ng enlisted in the military instead of just being officer. The colonel barks his orders and expects them to be followed no questions asked. That's Pop. He could do with a litter sergeant who makes the same orders but then teaches the whole way to make sure that the private can accomplish the mission. That is not Pop.

I also despise the fact that he will never take responsibility for bad decisions. It's a bad statement for the kids.

So I guess the question I am left with is has Pop always been this bad of a coach as he is this year and the team won in spite of his quirkiness or is their something wrong with Pop. Maybe he is starting to exhibit a little OBS (organic brain syndrome - old mind.)

Old School 44
02-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Pop is an absolute genius when it comes to Xs and Os.

Disagree, I think he's had others on staff that we're much better, like PJ. Not that I am suggesting he be fired, I just think the overall decision-making has been suspect for some time now.

He is a good with people because he is a straight shooter and because of that veterans love him.

Agree, this IMO is his greatest strength. If there's anything I'd put the "genius" label on it would be his ability to manage personalities and keep issues, for the most part, in-house.

I just think he needs to stop treating the regular season like it's an extension of the preseason, and get the personnel in to win some games.

SenorSpur
02-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Pop's mistake, and R.C's too for that matter, is for foolishly trying to patch/repair this beat-up old car. It was foolish of them to think that this beat-up old heap could make it through another long road trip. At some point, you have to stop trying to fix it up and break down and purchase a new car.

redskinfan
02-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Pop is insane!

Agloco
02-05-2010, 11:20 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/12870/parker-watches-while-spurs-wilt

Parker watches while Spurs wilt
February, 5, 2010

By John Hollinger

Until the fourth quarter, that is, when a 76-66 San Antonio lead wilted under Portland's defensive pressure and clutch shooting by Martell Webster, who made all five of his 3-point attempts. LaMarcus Aldridge had a breakout game with 28 points and 12 rebounds to help the undermanned Blazers rally.

The Spurs have always had a way of making otherwise pedestrian players look like future HoF'ers...... happens nearly every damn game. My bet is that Webster and Aldridge combine for 7 out of 20 in their next game.

But it's kinda fitting though. Other teams have someone or a few someones who step up for a game. We simply don't have anyone on our roster who is doing that, especially in the fourth. Sickening.

Pauleta14
02-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Watching it live (at 6.30AM in Paris), it looked like it was a matter of pride/ego, more that a tactical decision to me...

It was like : "I know I supposed to call a timeout, I know you're all waiting for it, but I'm not like everybody, I'm a genius..."

I really don't get it, I mean, the lack of timeouts we had left is not a good enough reason for not calling one at that momment, not only to put Parker bck in the game, but also to cut the momentum...

It's the first time I really start losing trust in Pop, he looks really nervous all game long, overreacting to a lot of plays...

Old School 44
02-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Watching it live (at 6.30AM in Paris), it looked like it was a matter of pride/ego, more that a tactical decision to me...

It was like : "I know I supposed to call a timeout, I know you're all waiting for it, but I'm not like everybody, I'm a genius..."

Yep, that's my perception, and not just from this game.
Like I've said in other post, it's Pop that needs to "get over himself".

DaBears
02-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Pop is an absolute genius when it comes to Xs and Os. He is a good with people because he is a straight shooter and because of that veterans love him. He is, however, an average coach at best when it comes to rotations, half time adjustments, and time out management. He also has trouble sticking to what is working. He always seems to flutter away to try something else. Point in case the defense found itself last night by doubling the shooters. It caused various turn overs and poor shots by Portland. So what happens in crunch time? Straight up man to man.

Pop has also had a hard time with young players. Pop would have benefited bei8ng enlisted in the military instead of just being officer. The colonel barks his orders and expects them to be followed no questions asked. That's Pop. He could do with a litter sergeant who makes the same orders but then teaches the whole way to make sure that the private can accomplish the mission. That is not Pop.

I also despise the fact that he will never take responsibility for bad decisions. It's a bad statement for the kids.

So I guess the question I am left with is has Pop always been this bad of a coach as he is this year and the team won in spite of his quirkiness or is their something wrong with Pop. Maybe he is starting to exhibit a little OBS (organic brain syndrome - old mind.)

While i agree with most of your post some parts i do find at least a tad bit pointing in the wrong direction with regards to blame...

1st-POP is a great coach when coming out of time outs- probably top 2-3 coauchs in the league..

2nd- is Blame duncan for not being able to hold on to the ball, he looses the ball alot cause he brings it down to where the migits can get it...

3rd-There primeter defense just plain sucks and its not going to change with this current roster....there are no defensive minded players under the age of 30 on the floor.. Ecept for GHILL.....

4th-How unfairly it might be to say it, i'm going to any way, RJ and McDyess simply suck, if it wasnt for McDyess's jumpshot he would not even being playin in the games...His defense is MIA... RJ is a walking blind man on the courst missing rotations & building extra practice facilties for the opposing teams with his bricks he throws up.... I would like to truely find something to say he is doing well but, i cant find a single thing he is doing well...

Face it guy anf gals the spurs of old are no more......Look at Ginobs bald spot man its gettign bigger as the season comes to a close... HD you got too get it...

P.S. someone whisper in JR's ear and tell teh man to Shave that god
awful attempt at a "gotee"(spelling error im sure)...

Flux451
02-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Pop looked like a nervous wreck last night.

At first I thought it was an Albert Einstein genius guise, then I summed it to be a disgruntled coach searching for answers.

Old School 44
02-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Pop's mistake, and R.C's too for that matter, is for foolishly trying to patch/repair this beat-up old car. It was foolish of them to think that this beat-up old heap could make it through another long road trip. At some point, you have to stop trying to fix it up and break down and purchase a new car.

I agree with this somewhat, eventually you do need to get a new car, but I still think this year they could have gotten the clunker to run.

It's just that some of the used parts they spent too much money for, and either they don't fit or they're not installed right. I still think there's time to get these working correctly.

They also have some shiny new parts sitting on a workbench in the garage that they have no idea how to install and use. Unfortunately, I think they'll trade these for some more old parts at the Pick-and-Pull within the next two weeks.

dbestpro
02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
The problem is Pop doesn't know when to call a timeout. It is his game management that is suspect.

The perimeter defense sucks because there seems to be no game plan other than straight man to man. We use to crowd the shooters and force they to drive into our bigs. We have no bigs when Pop constantly goes with small ball. The perimeter defender has to lag off to help cover the rim thus all the open jump shots. If the one big on the floor makes a play then there still is no one to cover the put back.

Yes, I agree right now RJ sucks. The team sucks. I feel that the problem remains with Pop trying to play players outside of their comfort zone. If Tony was only allowed to shoot three pointers how long would it be before we all started calling him a dog. Pop needs to let RJ play SF and allow him to play where he can succeed. His confidence has to be shot trying to keep up with the Tinkermeister Pop.

I still believe that the players can play championship level ball, but they need championship level coaching.

ElNono
02-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I agree with the OP. On the other hand, I have to give props to Pop for sticking his head out of his ass when it comes to Blair. He's been handing the most minutes to him since the Sacto game, and that was a welcome view.

Old School 44
02-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Pop playing Blair is a no brainer. Pop would be run out of town if Blair found the bench like Mahinmi.

Chomag
02-05-2010, 02:09 PM
I agree with the OP. On the other hand, I have to give props to Pop for sticking his head out of his ass when it comes to Blair. He's been handing the most minutes to him since the Sacto game, and that was a welcome view.

I was getting concerned when bonner was comming in before him but in the last game or so it looks like he is the first big off the bench again which is a wise choice imo.

ElNono
02-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Pop playing Blair is a no brainer. Pop would be run out of town if Blair found the bench like Mahinmi.

That's what we were saying about Hill last season... yet Finley was getting the minutes. So, I definitely have to give Pop props for sticking with the rook this season.

z0sa
02-05-2010, 02:21 PM
That's what we were saying about Hill last season... yet Finley was getting the minutes. So, I definitely have to give Pop props for sticking with the rook this season.

Hill was still playing decent minutes at this point last season. It wasn't until Manu's final injury that Hill finally got relegated to the bench with Mason taking his minutes full-time.

I'm just saying, don't give Pop that much credit. He hasn't done anything out of the ordinary concerning Blair. Pop playing Hill halfway through that playoff series was an absolute miracle, actually.

Old School 44
02-05-2010, 02:22 PM

True, but IMO Blair's production has been much better and more consistent than Hill's at the same point in his career last year.

Cane
02-05-2010, 02:23 PM
And on the flipside if Pop called that timeout and the game still went down to the wire; we'd be one timeout short to move the ball up the court.

Coulda/shoulda/woulda is good and all; but the problem definitely lied in the players more than anyone else. I liked Pop's actions especially when he got incredibly fired up against Jefferson earlier in the game.

The Spurs aren't going to win very many games if they can't hit the 3 and they allow the other team to do so. That one play where Webster was Bruce Bowen-open and Pop yelling at McDyess to cover him summed up why we lost.

Still a pretty close game; hopefully this only adds more fuel to the Spurs fire.

SenorSpur
02-05-2010, 02:25 PM

It's amazing how some clubs can still find time for young players, during the course of the game. With all the young talent and depth the Blazers already have, they still found some court time for rookies Dante Cunningham & Jeff Pendergraph.

Obviously, the team scenarios are different because the Blazers do not have a veteran-laden team like the Spurs. However, unlike the Spurs, the Blazers seem to understand that the only way for young players to become regular contributors is to PLAY them.

How good would Ian look on the Blazers team? Think he'd be "riding the pine" there? I doubt it.

easy7
02-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Before that - not calling a timeout after the blazers took the lead on the 4th quarter, I was for Pop to publicly cane all the players in the court and bench. But then I realized that if Pop called a time out everytime the Spurs lose the lead, he would run out of time outs in the first 5 mins of each half.

Old School 44
02-05-2010, 02:31 PM
It's amazing how some clubs can still find time for young players, during the course of the game. With all the young talent and depth the Blazers already have, they still found some court time for rookies Dante Cunningham & Jeff Pendergraph.

Obviously, the team scenarios are different because the Blazers do not have a veteran-laden team like the Spurs. However, unlike the Spurs, the Blazers seem to understand that the only way for young players to become regular contributors is to PLAY them.

How good would Ian look on the Blazers team? Think he'd be "riding the pine" there? I doubt it.

Amen!

dbestpro
02-05-2010, 03:29 PM
And on the flipside if Pop called that timeout and the game still went down to the wire; we'd be one timeout short to move the ball up the court.

Coulda/shoulda/woulda is good and all; but the problem definitely lied in the players more than anyone else. I liked Pop's actions especially when he got incredibly fired up against Jefferson earlier in the game.

The Spurs aren't going to win very many games if they can't hit the 3 and they allow the other team to do so. That one play where Webster was Bruce Bowen-open and Pop yelling at McDyess to cover him summed up why we lost.

Still a pretty close game; hopefully this only adds more fuel to the Spurs fire.

I could not disagree with you more. Take any job in the country. Ask the employee to continually do jobs that they are not good at and you will have a crappy product. This is what Pop is doing with his players. There is no need to complain about one player not doing his best until Pop starts putting them in the positions where they are most likely to succeed.

poop
02-05-2010, 07:49 PM

exactly. we had a lineup of ALL sub-6-7 guys on the floor for huge periods of time...the blazers are one of the tallest teams and have length and youth...so Pop puts out there 3 guards, a 2/3 at the 4, and a 6-7 center.

meanwhile ratliff and ian continue to watch uselessly from the bench.

the best part, is to hear the announcers trying hard to rationalize what pop is doing...hahahaha

duhoh
02-05-2010, 08:23 PM
lol midget spurs

timvp
02-05-2010, 08:55 PM

Cunningham and Pendergraph only started playing after Oden and Przybilla saw their knees explode.

HarlemHeat37
02-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Cunningham and Pendergraph only started playing after Oden and Przybilla saw their knees explode.

That's true, but to be fair, if 2 of our major bigs went out, Pop would be playing Finley as the main big man replacement..sadly, I'm obviously not kidding..

Biggems
02-05-2010, 10:19 PM
The Spurs have always had a way of making otherwise pedestrian players look like future HoF'ers...... happens nearly every damn game. My bet is that Webster and Aldridge combine for 7 out of 20 in their next game.

But it's kinda fitting though. Other teams have someone or a few someones who step up for a game. We simply don't have anyone on our roster who is doing that, especially in the fourth. Sickening.

the top pic in your sig has me craving tossed salad all of a sudden....anybody got any croutons?

jjktkk
02-05-2010, 10:54 PM

Wow everywhere I read, NBA analists praised the Spurs offseason moves, including me. I sure thought that adding Jefferson, McDyess, and Blair, to go along with the big 3 would solidfy the Spurs as contenders. Doesn't look like that now. Jefferson has been a bust so far and until recently McDyess was as well. We all know Blair was an absolute steal. But to think Pop, and RC were foolish to attempt to make another title run, is foolish in itself IMO. I wholeheartedly praise The Spurs brass for trying to make title another run.

SenorSpur
02-05-2010, 11:23 PM

Doesn't matter. At least they're playing and getting REAL game experience. They're not sitting on a block of ice at the end of the bench.

By no means am I a fan of the Portland organization. In fact, I can't stand that lil' prick Pritchard. However, I will give them credit for taking bold chances, not standing pat, and throwing young players into the mix in a "sink or swim" type of situation.

Rappin' Pop
02-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Hey hey hey. You all just a bunch of suckers man. I am going to give you a preview of what will happen against the Clippers to players who ain't getting the minutes. Rap style!

Malik Hairston, good player, but I like Keith Bogans who can't do no nut!
I sitting his ass down, cause he is young, and can't make the cut.

Ian Mahinmi, athletic son of a bitch, but know this, I love small ball.
I ain't playing his ass and no give Dick, the loser, any play call.

Theo Ratliff, I signed him and his brokeback knees, cause the average age has to be thirty.
He ain't gonna play, Finley is down with me dirty.

Roger Mason, he ain't gonna get no minutes, cause Finley is back.
Sons, in summary, Rappin' Pop doesn't like them, cause I am outta whack.

So, Spurs fans on Spurstalk, how does my ass taste?

poop
02-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Hey hey hey. You all just a bunch of suckers man. I am going to give you a preview of what will happen against the Clippers to players who ain't getting the minutes. Rap style!

Theo Ratliff, I signed him and his brokeback knees, cause the average age has to be thirty.

ROLFMAO ROLFOPTERZ HELICOPTORZz!!!!!!!!!!!!AHAHAHAHHAA

Galileo
02-06-2010, 01:00 AM

Flux451
02-06-2010, 01:48 AM

Rappin Pop, you as an emcee?
You took the wrong acting job.
When you were born bitch
The doctor should of slapped ya mom.
In ya non-rhythmic schemes
Ya facts are wrong.
You are riding Timmy's coattail
Till the gas is gone.
You should be on the shortbus
From SA to Corpus
You still gonna be virgin
Like Mormons after prom.
Or like a years ago
Mr. Mahimi, First name Ian.
He's a double double,
Waitin to happen.
So, Pop stick the X n hO's
And quit the fuckin _____'

:king

So I cuss when I rap sorry.

Rappin' Pop
02-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Rappin Pop, you as an emcee?
You took the wrong acting job.
When you were born bitch
The doctor should of slapped ya mom.
In ya non-rhythmic schemes
Ya facts are wrong.
You are riding Timmy's coattail
Till the gas is gone.
You should be on the shortbus
From SA to Corpus
You still gonna be virgin
Like Mormons after prom.
Or like a years ago
Mr. Mahimi, First name Ian.
He's a double double,
Waitin to happen.
So, Pop stick the X n hO's
And quit the fuckin _____'

:king

So I cuss when I rap sorry.
OP, you started the rap battle. Now you gonna go downtown. Rap style!

I started Soviet Studies, took Russia by a blazing storm.
My rap is gonna be hot, so hide your kids in their school dorm.

For someone who can't even rap, you got balls challenging even my left nut.
Ian Mahinmi couldn't even play to save his life to make the cut.

Big deal I love Michael Finley playing the motherfucking power forward.
If you ain't gonna reply, you are just a pretty big coward.

If you wanna be racist, Ian is french, and I hate his retarded brain.
I play small ball just to see Finley's three point bombs rain.

You suck at rap, you don't even know what the hell is a rhyme.
You a disgrace to hip hop and word play, your paragraph's a crime.

Suck my balls like Finley does, Flux451!

xtremesteven33
02-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Rappin Pop is good

Flux451
02-06-2010, 10:21 AM
OP, you started the rap battle. Now you gonna go downtown. Rap style!

I started Soviet Studies, took Russia by a blazing storm.
My rap is gonna be hot, so hide your kids in their school dorm.

For someone who can't even rap, you got balls challenging even my left nut.
Ian Mahinmi couldn't even play to save his life to make the cut.

Big deal I love Michael Finley playing the motherfucking power forward.
If you ain't gonna reply, you are just a pretty big coward.

If you wanna be racist, Ian is french, and I hate his retarded brain.
I play small ball just to see Finley's three point bombs rain.

You suck at rap, you don't even know what the hell is a rhyme.
You a disgrace to hip hop and word play, your paragraph's a crime.

Suck my balls like Finley does, Flux451!

This ain't no rap battle, this is flux smashin a cockroach,
So please be silent like Buster keaton, don't even talk coach
Rappin Pop, got caught in the bathroom with FIN jackin off
Nowadays his lover boy is Hill, Pop is gettin soft
FLux flips word bombs like gymnasts with molotavs
While :pop: flips em like parapalegics doin somersaults
Just cuz two words are spelled simliar don't make em rhyme tight
STick to what ya know, like drinkin wine while rubbin to FIN highlights
Talkin bout nutts, good thing you left Bonner's don't show em love
Got tired of his non reboundin ass, layin bricks with his power glove
Needin defense, then why not play "Swat that Ass" Ratliff
The way you thinkin lately, ya might make Chip "Bug Eyes" active
Xtreme Stevens says ya good but I'm great, Pop's gay
You rhyme syllables like Geico primates studderin nervous on blind dates

J Mack
02-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Daaaaaaaaamn! we got rap wars going on.. can i join in on the FUN? :downspin:

Rappin' Pop
02-06-2010, 07:21 PM
This ain't no rap battle, this is flux smashin a cockroach,
So please be silent like Buster keaton, don't even talk coach
Rappin Pop, got caught in the bathroom with FIN jackin off
Nowadays his lover boy is Hill, Pop is gettin soft
FLux flips word bombs like gymnasts with molotavs
While :pop: flips em like parapalegics doin somersaults
Just cuz two words are spelled simliar don't make em rhyme tight
STick to what ya know, like drinkin wine while rubbin to FIN highlights
Talkin bout nutts, good thing you left Bonner's don't show em love
Got tired of his non reboundin ass, layin bricks with his power glove
Needin defense, then why not play "Swat that Ass" Ratliff
The way you thinkin lately, ya might make Chip "Bug Eyes" active
Xtreme Stevens says ya good but I'm great, Pop's gay
You rhyme syllables like Geico primates studderin nervous on blind dates
You taking things to school, yo. I am telling you right here, but you only can be my underling. Rap style!

It's true I jack off to Finley's super dooper awesome highlights.
But the thing I hate is to see is piss poor rapper fights.

I told you, I am still having Bonner in my small ball and regular rotation.
Cause I motherfucking told you earlier, he is the plus and minus sensation.

The Spurs' shitty weakass roster is like a goddamn old folks charity home.
Theo Ratliff was signed just to fulfill the requirements to avoid the alamodome.

Chip can't coach shit, neither can you and the rest of you laughing gags.
You owning me in a rap battle is like Laker fans not being douchebags.

Though I may be gay, I still am attractive and with Finley, I cope.
You, Flux451 on the other hand, need to get a boyfriend or get some dope.

Try harder at a rap battle, you horrible piece of shit.
Cause we all know Rappin' Pop and Michael Finley is one duo of a big hit.

So, Flux451, tell me how this ass-kicking taste?

J Mack
02-06-2010, 07:27 PM
iight here goes.... thank you thank you thank you you far too kind. as of right now pop can kiss my big hairy behind ! subpar coaching he needs to be sent to D League. then maybe we could get a coach thats ready to lead. lead us to victory and to another championship. dominating spurs , now that would be the sh** ! like the days of ol' when we used to grind it out. Now when you say SPURS, peeps be like what tha funk you talking about ? we used to play defense, we used to win ugly ... Funk it i'm through gonna watch some bugs bunny! :blah :lmao :ihit

ginobili fan
02-06-2010, 08:53 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
priceless spursfans going rap battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM-hUrkTFeo:lol

poop
02-06-2010, 10:31 PM
hahhahaha Rppin' Pop slaying all comers.