PDA

View Full Version : So who do we blame tonight??

rayray2k8
02-05-2010, 01:38 AM
Bonner's 4 minutes? Parker's foot? Finely? Jefferson's non appearance? Ginobili's One, count it ONE turnover?? (some of you are dumb asses)

No.
It was a tough loss on a back to back.
Blazers made some tough shots and the spurs didn't.
Get over it.

Major props to the Blazers though, they gutted it out at the end with whatever they had left. :tu

mexicanjunior
02-05-2010, 01:41 AM
It's only February...

Chieflion
02-05-2010, 01:42 AM
And the Blazers weren't on a back to back? That is some crack you are smoking.

ivanfromwestwood
02-05-2010, 01:43 AM
i blame the blazer fan for starting the game blog. way to go asshole.lol

SequSpur
02-05-2010, 01:44 AM
Spurs up by 10.

Manu had more than one turnover..but they weren't credited to him. He made 2 bad passes and one clear turnover which led the trailblazers charge...watch a fucking game..he has been doing it all year...he does more harm than good and then he missed a game winner....

he's done.

ffadicted
02-05-2010, 01:45 AM
We blame lack of execution down the stretch, settling for perimeter jumpshots instead of penetrating, missed open shots, soft play in the 4th, and poor defensive rotations.

Chomag
It always seems to be some different excuse every game doesn't it. When the hell did the Spurs fans become Suns fans.

It is what it is, stop trying to sugar coat it. lol

rayray2k8
cool story bro.

.... This actually took place a while ago. It didn't happen in a dream, it actually took place, there's a L to prove it, smart ass.
You didn't even use the insult right! What a tool. :lol

rayray2k8
02-05-2010, 01:47 AM

Really??? WOW!! :wow

The spurs have always sucked on back to backs, but COOL STORY BRO!!

Chieflion
02-05-2010, 01:48 AM
And what is the average age of the Blazers compared to the Spurs? What is the Spurs record coming into this game on back to backs?
What a good theory when I see Juwan Howard running up and down the court. Excuses much?

ivanfromwestwood
02-05-2010, 01:51 AM
he gets his crack from the same guy pop gets his from

rayray2k8
02-05-2010, 01:53 AM
What a good theory when I see Juwan Howard running up and down the court. Excuses much?

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing what the win/loss ratio would look like. But I'm sure it's number that someone made up.
lol rodeo road trip.

easy7
Blame it on the boogie, and the boogie being small ball, turnovers, defense, RJ and everything else that is wrong witht he team right now.

HarlemHeat37
The Spurs have actually been very good on b2bs during the Duncan era..I don't know who started that myth that they aren't..

z0sa
02-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Who knows. The coaching could be better. The players could hit some shots. RJ could look comfortable with everyone healthy for once. Parker could find some new therapy for his PF.

rayray2k8
02-05-2010, 01:55 AM
he gets his crack from the same guy pop gets his from

Oh that's cute. Getting in a quick funny punch line and then running back to the shadows where you usually are..
No dude, I'll give you mad props at the moment. You never know, you might actually contribute to the board with a full sentence! :toast

Sean Cagney
02-05-2010, 01:55 AM
Spurs up by 10.

Manu had more than one turnover..but they weren't credited to him. He made 2 bad passes and one clear turnover which led the trailblazers charge...watch a fucking game..he has been doing it all year...he does more harm than good and then he missed a game winner....

he's done.

RU SERIOUS half the time? HE IS THE ONLY reason we had that lead.

peskypesky
02-05-2010, 01:56 AM
FO. Need to trade Parker ASAP.

bdictjames
02-05-2010, 01:59 AM
Blazers just made more shots down the stretch. The players have no one to blame but themselves.. poor defense, poor execution.. we could've stretched the game wide open in several parts but didn't.

And the Blazers had some lucky ass shots there, esp. from Aldridge.

Chieflion
02-05-2010, 01:59 AM
ok so moral of the thread, the spurs lost a game and we need to get over it. ignore other aspects of how the spurs are not making progress and just pretend everything is fine and dandy. ok good luck with that.
Exactly, and blaming it on back to backs when the Spurs are playing one of the least back to backs this season and blaming old age because the players are old. Incredible, I tell you.

bless1187
02-05-2010, 02:01 AM
here's the problem with this current team:

T. Parker: the offense flowed a lot better when he was injured, everyone was getting there touches; even with a good offensive game; T. Parker was again playing too selfish, and rarely passing the ball unless the lane was blocked; which is why players who are not spot up shooters struggle playing with him "R. Jefferson, G. Hill, etc"

M. Ginobili: he had one of his better games today, but the truth is that he has slowed down and will only show the occasional flashes of the old Manu.

R. Jefferson: i can't blame him for not getting enough touches, he got like 2-3 touches the whole 4th quarter since he was just planted in the corner. he's trying too hard to be the "perfect" team player, instead he needs to be a bit more selfish and start playing his game. His defense and activity level really needs to step it up a notch.

T. Duncan: he's no longer the all NBA 1st team defender like he was in the past.

rayray2k8
02-05-2010, 02:01 AM
Alright, before we all continue to bitch at one another, I think it's pretty obvious that the biggest culprit in the game was the spurs lack of execution and the inability to take care of the ball.
It's been that, transition D, guarding the paint and Bonner... Okay, maybe it isn't Bonner's fault all the time. :rolleyes

Although I think I can point the finger at Jefferson and then everyone can agree that this guy might be the biggest problem.
He isn't worth a fraction of what he's earning at the moment.

justinandimcool
02-05-2010, 02:03 AM
Leaving Martell Webster open twice. The fucking Blazers move the ball better than us, what the fuck.

Chieflion
02-05-2010, 02:03 AM
And who else on their team is old compared to the Spurs? Your joking right?
Joking? All teams deal with back to backs. And if you are blaming it with age, who assembled all the old guys into a team in the 1st place? Again, the Spurs have played one of the least, if not the least amount of back-to-backs. And you forget that old man Andre Miller leaving it out on the floor. And the vets are supposed to have more experience than the young guys on the Blazers in crunch time, and the Blazers out execute the Spurs in the clutch? Those are some excuses you are coming up with.

peskypesky
02-05-2010, 02:06 AM
here's the problem with this current team:

T. Parker: the offense flowed a lot better when he was injured, everyone was getting there touches; even with a good offensive game; T. Parker was again playing too selfish, and rarely passing the ball unless the lane was blocked; which is why players who are not spot up shooters struggle playing with him "R. Jefferson, G. Hill, etc"

look, i think the Spurs need to trade Parker. but i have never thought that it's because he's "selfish". i just think it's obvious that he is not a true PG. he's not a distributor. that's not his fault. it's just not his game, not the way he's built. a great PG can see the whole floor, not just a lane to the basket. a great PG can make that brilliant pass to the open teammate. Parker is fast as hell. he's hugely skilled at finishing in the paint. he's a smart guy and a good guy. but i've said it before and i'll say it again, a team with a shoot-first PG is at a SERIOUS disadvantage against elite teams. but again, i don't think Parker shoots first because he's selfish. i just think it's his game.

rayray2k8
02-05-2010, 02:07 AM
ok so moral of the thread, the spurs lost a game and we need to get over it. ignore other aspects of how the spurs are not making progress and just pretend everything is fine and dandy. ok good luck with that.

You might not be able to cope with it, but the spurs are gonna have to move on from it and certain that they will.
I can live with, but I'm sure you're the type that will toss and turn when you go to bed. Me on the other hand. :sleep

Blazers just made more shots down the stretch. The players have no one to blame but themselves.. poor defense, poor execution.. we could've stretched the game wide open in several parts but didn't.

And the Blazers had some lucky ass shots there, esp. from Aldridge.

Exactly.
No need to dwell on the loss. Even Pop said it himself. You don't ever get to high off a win or ever get too low on a loss.

Sisk
02-05-2010, 02:07 AM
FO. Need to trade Parker ASAP.

:bang

timtonymanu
02-05-2010, 02:12 AM
You might not be able to cope with it, but the spurs are gonna have to move on from it and certain that they will.
I can live with, but I'm sure you're the type that will toss and turn when you go to bed. Me on the other hand. :sleep

nah i sleep well actually after a loss. i get over it within an hour. but its just annoying how some people like you dont act like the spurs have a problem.

rayray2k8
02-05-2010, 02:16 AM
nah i sleep well actually after a loss. i get over it within an hour. but its just annoying how some people like you dont act like the spurs have a problem.

Oh god, you obviously missed the point of the thread...:bang
I don't have time to go over this with you again. I am going to bed.
Good night and stay bitchy spurstalk fans. :toast

jjktkk
02-05-2010, 02:29 AM
look, i think the Spurs need to trade Parker. but i have never thought that it's because he's "selfish". i just think it's obvious that he is not a true PG. he's not a distributor. that's not his fault. it's just not his game, not the way he's built. a great PG can see the whole floor, not just a lane to the basket. a great PG can make that brilliant pass to the open teammate. Parker is fast as hell. he's hugely skilled at finishing in the paint. he's a smart guy and a good guy. but i've said it before and i'll say it again, a team with a shoot-first PG is at a SERIOUS disadvantage against elite teams. but again, i don't think Parker shoots first because he's selfish. i just think it's his game.

Parker might not be a true point guard, but exactly how many "true pgs are in the NBA? But if you look up the top ten pg's in the NBA, Parker makes the list. Parker can distribute, but not as consistantly as say a Deron Williams. I love Parker, but if you got equal value in return, I could see trading him. I'm more than confident that George Hill could run the team effectively, as long as the Spurs picked up a solid backup pg.

sabar
02-05-2010, 03:19 AM
I blame the Blazers winning.

Pero
02-05-2010, 03:42 AM
Parker's foot?

His foot? Don't be silly. Himself on the other hand....

:stirpot: