PDA

View Full Version : No B-Roy, No Oden, No Przybilla, No Outlaw...

tlongII
02-05-2010, 09:55 AM
No Problem! :lol

EmmanuelTimothyDavid
02-05-2010, 10:05 AM
You are right..... Our team is not playing the Spurs kind of basketball. Even with injuries on your team. The blazers are able to beat a healthy Spurs team....

Until the next game.... We will see what improvements the Spurs are going to do....

Small Ball
02-05-2010, 10:05 AM
The Blazers didn't fuck the Spurs. I did.

Obstructed_View
02-05-2010, 10:08 AM

The lineup that gave up the lead at the end was not small.

benefactor
02-05-2010, 10:08 AM
lol Spurs

Small Ball
02-05-2010, 10:10 AM
The lineup that gave up the lead at the end was not small.
Are you disagreeing that I did not allow the Blazers to stay in the game in the 2nd quarter and let them shoot above 60% in the quarter so that they are hot to end the game?

Xevious
02-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Laugh it up. The Spurs deserve to be laughed at.

VBM
02-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Still waiting on that progress from November...at least they're relatively healthy, which is all that matters, right?

Fell asleep at the start of the 4th...glad I did...

EmmanuelTimothyDavid
02-05-2010, 10:14 AM
No they should get a trade done......

That's what they need ...This Spurs Team is not build to win Championship....

They are losing to team with a lot of there starters injured....What Happened to the Spurs Defense......

FromWayDowntown
02-05-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm beginning to doubt that anything can help the Spurs at this point.

They walk out of Portland with a win against a depleted Blazers team if they just execute on either end during the last 2 minutes. Instead, they concede two wide open looks from 3 to Martell Webster and manage several possessions on the other end without even coming close to a shot attempt.

If these guys can't get those little things done in a mid-season game against a depleted team, I'm not sure that there's a trade available to them that's going to mend that problem. At a certain level, it's about execution and this Spurs team, despite its veterans, simply cannot seem to execute on either end in late game situations. It happened against Chicago, it happened against Houston, it happened against Denver, it happened in Portland, it even happened to an extent in Sacramento.

Muser
02-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Lol Pop forgetting what a timeout is.

benefactor
02-05-2010, 10:22 AM

They walk out of Portland with a win against a depleted Blazers team if they just execute on either end during the last 2 minutes. Instead, they concede two wide open looks from 3 to Martell Webster and manage several possessions on the other end without even coming close to a shot attempt.

If these guys can't get those little things done in a mid-season game against a depleted team, I'm not sure that there's a trade available to them that's going to mend that problem. At a certain level, it's about execution and this Spurs team, despite its veterans, simply cannot seem to execute on either end in late game situations. It happened against Chicago, it happened against Houston, it happened against Denver, it happened in Portland, it even happened to an extent in Sacramento.
Exactly. This is something all of our trade machine gurus can't seem to grasp.

Agloco
02-05-2010, 10:40 AM

I don't think anything else needs to be said really. This sums things up pretty well. There's no late game execution with this team. During the championship years, that was our staple..... we brought the lumber in the last 6 minutes of a game.

The way this team plays is reminds me of a team still trying to find itself and not trusting each other in the crunch.

clambake
02-05-2010, 10:55 AM
i think it's nice that the mavericks and spurs are giving the real teams someone to practice against.

SenorSpur
02-05-2010, 11:01 AM
This was probably one of the best games they played all year - for about 3 & 2/3 quarters. Of course as they've done so uncharacteristically many times this season, they spit the bit at the end. Poor execution, costly turnovers and porous defense.

I agree that had they got this win, it probably would've signaled a huge confidence boost for the balance of the RRT. Instead, the wheels came off.

By now, it's obvious that this team isn't built for the stretch drive of the regular season or the playoffs. As others have said, even if they make a trade, I can't see how another late season addition could benefit them, at this point.

And don't look now, but yet another team that has swept the season series from the Spurs 3-0. In fact, Portland has won the last 5 meetings from the Spurs That, alone, should be a wakeup call to everyone - including the coaching staff.

urunobili
02-05-2010, 11:48 AM
CROFL Spurs

z0sa
02-05-2010, 11:49 AM
This is the second game against the Blazers where they had tons of injuries, including their coach for crying out loud, and we still lost.

Give em your props and move on. :tu

z0sa
02-05-2010, 11:50 AM
I've never double posted until a few days ago, wth

duncan228
02-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Non-Issue

sananspursfan21
02-05-2010, 01:46 PM
wasn't the line-up in the last 20 seconds parker, hill, finley, ginobili and duncan? i could be wrong a player or two but they had 4 guards in the game. small ball slightly works if you have a very fast line-up. outside of parker and hill, nobody's fast!

Xylus
02-05-2010, 01:48 PM
The Blazers have beaten just about everyone this year with that extremely depleted lineup. It makes absolutely no sense.

UnWantedTheory
02-05-2010, 02:05 PM
The Blazers have beaten just about everyone this year with that extremely depleted lineup. It makes absolutely no sense.

^^^

Xylus
02-05-2010, 02:08 PM
I believe Vegas odds give the home team a +3.5 point advantage. For some reason, the Blazers have like a +12.5 advantage at the Rose Garden.

ElNono
02-05-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't know. That Portland team just tear a new asshole to Dallas in Dallas about a week ago, with Miller dropping 52 on them. It's not that they're scrubs and that they beat us by 20.

What's bothersome is that at some point, this was our game to lose, and we did manage to lose it. Hopefully, this teaches a new lesson and it's part of the progression of getting better for this team.

easy7
02-05-2010, 02:23 PM
The small ball lineup gave away 4 points out of the 10 point lead, and the Spurs lost by 3. So....

xellos88330
02-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Well, the Spurs lost. Once again couldn't get it done when it mattered. The Spurs played good enough to win for most of the game anyways.

HarlemHeat37
02-05-2010, 02:25 PM
They also completely blew out an elite Magic team without their guys..

Nobody to blame but the Spurs..10 point lead should have been enough to close it out..

Brandon Roy is actually pretty overrated, I'm a lot more impressed by their offense when they spread the ball around more, they just have so many weapons..

It's also kind of sad that we had to pay McDyess a few mil for a few years while they got Juwan Howard for nothing(I didn't look it up, but I'm guessing that he got the minimum)..

SenorSpur
02-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Blazers have a wealth of talented young players, all of which seem to excel when given the opportunity. Webster and Aldridge were both so clutch, down the stretch.

beachwood
02-05-2010, 02:37 PM

With all the injuries Portland has, major props to them for kicking our asses. Seriously. You have a very good team.

cd98
02-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Blazers will falter in the playoffs with their depleted line up. You can take more advantages of weaknesses in the playoffs as you focus entirely on one team for 7 games.

The Spurs's weaknesses? I'm predicting they don't make the playoffs.

cd98
02-05-2010, 03:30 PM
In all fairness, most of the Blazer roster was either a lottery pick or a first round pick. They have been bad for so long that they stocked up on lottery picks and first rounders. They should be very good and deep. In fact, given their draft positions, they should be a better team.

How many lottery picks have the Spurs had in the last 10 years? Time to refuel through the draft.

timtonymanu
02-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Blazers have beaten good teams this year without their 4 guys mentioned.

But still doesnt excuse the Spurs. Spurs dont have to be on the bandwagon with every other team. They should have won.

EmptyMan
02-05-2010, 06:31 PM

lmao

Obstructed_View
02-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Are you disagreeing that I did not allow the Blazers to stay in the game in the 2nd quarter and let them shoot above 60% in the quarter so that they are hot to end the game?

Absolutely I'm disagreeing. What doomed the Spurs in the second quarter was transition defense. Go back and watch the game.

Who has spent more time on Spurstalk ranting against Smallball© than I have?

Obstructed_View
02-05-2010, 06:35 PM
With all the injuries Portland has, major props to them for kicking our asses. Seriously. You have a very good team.

And a superior coach.

Booharv
02-05-2010, 06:44 PM
i think it's nice that the mavericks and spurs are giving the real teams someone to practice against.

spurtech09
02-05-2010, 07:25 PM
pop needs to stop with the small ball already.....pop ain't gonna give Ian mins than give theo mins

Biggems
02-05-2010, 10:14 PM
big deal, the blazers won. maybe if this were out of the ordinary it would mean something. but unfortunately, the Spurs have been blowing 4th quarter leads to above .500 teams all season. They have been very unclutch.

I know ifs don't matter, but if the Spurs could merely have held those 4th quarter leads all season, they would have the best record in the league. In at least 10-12 of their losses, they had the lead in the final minutes only to have a scoring drought, turnovers, missed FTs, and/or the complete inability to get defensive stops. As a result, instead of only having single digit losses, they are at or around 20 already.

Adding to my frustration is the fact that Ian is stuck on the pine, instead of getting valuable minutes that could be helpful in trading him or during the postseason, that is if we get in.

SenorSpur
02-05-2010, 11:35 PM
In all fairness, most of the Blazer roster was either a lottery pick or a first round pick. They have been bad for so long that they stocked up on lottery picks and first rounders. They should be very good and deep. In fact, given their draft positions, they should be a better team.

How many lottery picks have the Spurs had in the last 10 years? Time to refuel through the draft.

You bet it's time for them to refuel. That's how a team gets better for extended periods - through the draft - not through free agency. Talent, just like failure, can be found from top to bottom in both rounds. The Blazers FO was simply smart in stockpiling draft picks. If the Spurs want to get healthy, rebuild on the fly and soon, the FO would be smart to do the same.

Last night's game was an illustration of two teams that are, right now - at this moment, going in opposite directions. Portland's arrow up; Spurs arrow down.

Obviously, anyone would take the Spurs decade of success and certainly we're all appreciative of that. The FO made bold, and desparate moves this past offseason, in order to keep open the "window of championship contention". Unfortunately, they were not the correct moves. Perhaps it's time for more bold action.

Ditty
02-06-2010, 12:30 AM
i remember last year when the blazers had all there players and parker just single handally killed the blazers himself without duncan and ginobili but i even think last years team is better than this years