PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets see no reason to fear Lakers

duncan228
02-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Nuggets see no reason to fear Lakers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer020510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Marc J. Spears

Denver Nuggets coach George Karl believes he owns a recipe the rest of the NBA wishes it had: The Nuggets, Karl thinks, have all the ingredients necessary to beat the Los Angeles Lakers.

Karl won’t reveal too many specifics about what it takes to conquer Kobe Bryant and the defending champs. But it’s clear the Nuggets aren’t lacking for confidence as the Western Conference’s top two teams prepare to square off for the second time this season on Friday. Not only do the Nuggets think they know how to win against the Lakers, they believe they can beat them regularly.

“We kind of know how to beat them, what we have to do,” Karl said. “We’re learning that better, and I think that’s a positive.”

For years, the Lakers routinely had their way with the Nuggets. That changed in last season’s West finals. After losing the opener by two points, the Nuggets won two of the next three games to even the series. The Lakers won the final two games, but the Nuggets believe they learned a lot from the series. Namely, that they don’t have too much to fear from the champs.

It might simply be brash talk, but the Nuggets don’t seem worried in the least about the mighty Lakers. Even if Friday’s meeting has lost some of its luster with Carmelo Anthony and Kobe Bryant both questionable to play because of sprained ankles.

“Why should we be? [The championship] was last year,” Anthony said. “They are the same to me. They are the Lakers, I guess.”

Nuggets guard Chauncey Billups says the Lakers might have actually digressed from last season.

“I don’t know if they’re better,” Billups said. “But they won it all. They don’t have to be better. Nobody was as good as them.

“That’s yet to be seen. I really, really thought Trevor Ariza was good for that team. I think they miss him.”

Adding to the Nuggets’ confidence was their 105-79 beat-down of the Lakers on Nov. 13 in Denver – a game, albeit, that Los Angeles played without the services of All-Star forward Pau Gasol. The Lakers scored a mere eight points in the third quarter while Bryant was held scoreless in the second half. After the game, Bryant said the Nuggets “beat the hell out of us,” and mentioned that Gasol might not have made a difference.

While the loss was just a blip on the Lakers’ schedule, it was a major confidence boost for Denver.

“It mattered to us,” Karl said. “I don’t think it has a high difference to them as [Lakers coach] Phil [Jackson] would always tell you.”

So what exactly is the recipe to beating the Lakers? Having a quick guard like rookie Ty Lawson, Karl said, helps. So does Kenyon Martin’s ability to knock down open jump shots from the elbow of the lane.

“I know what we have to do,” Karl said. “I’m not going to totally divulge, but I think we know we can play this type of game and beat them.

“We have a couple ingredients: Kenyon shooting and scoring from the high post. They left him a little free last year. It’s a little different this year, a lot better this year.

“The little point guard, they have a history with. I’m not saying they don’t cover little point guards well. They just don’t like to cover that little point guard from Aaron Brooks last year to [Tony] Parker in [previous] years. They’ve had struggles. The little point guard is going through their defense. They can’t do much about it.

“It’s all bothersome.”

While the Nuggets don’t give the Lakers much praise, they do admire the champs’ focus – a trait, Chauncey Billups said, that Denver still lacks on some nights.

Denver has played well against many elite opponents this season with wins over the Lakers, San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, Utah Jazz, Orlando Magic and Cleveland Cavaliers. But the Nuggets have also lost to the Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota Timberwolves, Charlotte Bobcats, Detroit Pistons, Philadelphia 76ers and Sacramento Kings.

“When you talk about the Lakers, you have to play with a serious mindset,” Nuggets center Nene said. “You have to play focused. If you don’t come prepared, they are going to embarrass you. Their team is good. They have a lot of veterans, a lot of good players. They explore all the parts of the court. They go to the bigs. They go to the smalls. They go to Kobe. When they don’t go to Kobe, they have other players that can finish the game who can be the difference in the game.”

Just like in the teams’ first meeting when Gasol didn’t play, the Nuggets and Lakers could have a hard time using Friday as a true measuring stick of where they stand. Anthony expects to miss his seventh straight game and Billups is playing on a sore ankle. Bryant’s own ankle problems might even cause the Lakers to hold him out.

The teams will meet twice more this season: Feb. 28 in Los Angeles and April 8 in Denver. Between now and then, the Nuggets don’t plan to lose their swagger. They think they’re capable of winning a playoff series against the Lakers unless someone convinces them otherwise.

“I’ll take our chances against anybody,” Anthony said.

RsxPiimp
02-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Denver is horrible this year. They had their chances last season and they imploded.

mavs>spurs2
02-05-2010, 02:03 PM
All the tools are there if they can just somehow figure out what's going on and develop better chemistry and team play. If they can get their act together then I also see no reason why the should fear LA, although they should probably fear them if the playoffs started today.

NugzFan
02-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Denver is horrible this year. They had their chances last season and they imploded.

horrible? :lol

JamStone
02-05-2010, 02:06 PM
It's good to have confidence. And Denver matches up fairly well against the Lakers, so it's fine to be confident that they can beat them. But, it's the old cliche, they gotta prove it on the court in the playoffs. Until then, it's all just meaningless talk.

Xylus
02-05-2010, 02:06 PM

Seriously?

lil_penny
02-05-2010, 02:15 PM
I think the nuggets have the tools to beat the lakers in a 7 game series.

The Gemini Method
02-05-2010, 02:15 PM
I think the nuggets have the tools to beat the lakers in a 7 game series.

They sure do have the tools...

Xylus
02-05-2010, 02:16 PM

The question is whether they have the mental composure.

JamStone
02-05-2010, 02:18 PM

More thuggish than toolish though...

Muser
02-05-2010, 02:19 PM
George Karl won't beat Phil Jackson.

The Gemini Method
02-05-2010, 02:20 PM
More thuggish than toolish though...

They have the thuggish ruggish tools to get the job done...

j.dizzle
02-05-2010, 02:23 PM
"While the Nuggets don’t give the Lakers much praise, they do admire the champs’ focus – a trait, Chauncey Billups said, that Denver still lacks on some nights.

:lol Focus? Is that another word for lackadaisical attitude or lack of intensity?

lil_penny
02-05-2010, 02:35 PM

Lol..

But seriously they have the size, the talent, a great scorer in melo and a excellent leader in billups, however mentally I'm not quite sure lol if there was a team in the west that had a shot it would be them imo.

redzero
02-05-2010, 02:36 PM
They will be the Pistons 2.0, without the title. They'll make it to the Conference Finals over and over again only to lose.

anonoftheinternets
02-05-2010, 02:37 PM
The question is whether they have the mental composure.

miss jokes much?

The Gemini Method
02-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Yeah, Denver really had me worried in the WCFs last year. They just have the toughness that makes the Lakers work for it. I don't, however, think they have the sharpness mentally to win a series just yet. But, I don't like the way the Lakers are playing of late and tonight could be a key victory/loss in the season. If they sweep this two-game back-to-back it could launch the team into a consistent basis. But I digress, I don't like the sound of that and though the team is still loaded--it is banged up. Let's just hope the Western Conference Playoffs will be exciting.

Allanon
02-05-2010, 02:40 PM
With K-Mart, JR Smith and Birdman, the Nuggets always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot when it matters.

Xylus
02-05-2010, 02:40 PM
miss jokes much?

Yeah, I noticed that after I posted it but didn't feel like changing it. :lol

21_Blessings
02-05-2010, 02:43 PM
George Karl couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. LMAO at this fat fuck thinking he has has some masterstroke up sleeve.

bostonguy
02-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Denver can't and won't beat LA in the playoffs this year. They are the biggest threat in the west to compete as they will win 1 MAYBE 2 games against the Lakers in a series. They are not a smart team and their head coach blows. Stupid teams with a weak coach just aren't going to beat the Lakers. It is that simple.

The Gemini Method
02-05-2010, 02:52 PM
lol @ Denver even knowing what a recipe is...to them dinner is a blunt, 40oz., and a pizza delivered... ;)

NugzFan
02-05-2010, 02:56 PM
With K-Mart, JR Smith and Birdman, the Nuggets always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot when it matters.

do you watch any games that the lakers dont play in?

The Gemini Method
02-05-2010, 02:58 PM

J.R. Smith doesn't use guns to shoot people, his weapon of choice is vehicular...

21_Blessings
02-05-2010, 03:05 PM

hy6Yq2slOrg&

RsxPiimp
02-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Seriously?

Sorry for not making myself clear. I mean the Nuggets are in horrible in terms of the mental state of the team. I don't think they have the same edge as they did last year. Can George Karl pull at least a few defensive stops out of his hat ahis year? I seriously doubt it. Watching them last year, I was convinced they're the only team that can take the Lakers, and I was right for the first few games until minor but avoidable lapses caused them that series. The Nuggets arrived at this position by steadily improving each year, making major roster moves each year, with its key player making huge strides, this year though Melo is playing at an all time high, I dont know if the rest of his teammates (minus Chauncey) has what it takes to push them back for a WCF berth.

Denver's a great athletic team and there's only a few teams that can hang with these cats if they play the right way. IF.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-05-2010, 03:25 PM
They are right about the Lakers not being as good as they were last year.

I think there are 4 or so teams in the West that could take the Lakers down in the playoffs. Nuggets, Blazers, Spurs (if they finally click) and the Jazz. Heck, even the Mavs could take them down if Marion and Jho played consistentl.

Of course the Lakers are still tough as hell but Artest isn't as good for them as Ariza and their bench is weak.

The Gemini Method
02-05-2010, 03:32 PM

I think there are 4 or so teams in the West that could take the Lakers down in the playoffs. Nuggets, Blazers, Spurs (if they finally click) and the Jazz. Heck, even the Mavs could take them down if Marion and Jho played consistentl.

Of course the Lakers are still tough as hell but Artest isn't as good for them as Ariza and their bench is weak.

How is that determined? The Lakers are the same team they were last year besides the obvious switch for Artest. The defense is ranked higher this year than it had ever been in last year. The malaise of the title win and constant injuries have been an issue for the team. The Nuggets are oft-injured this year and are suspect mentally, the Blazers are a waking infirmary, the Spurs, well, they are definitely worthy but aging, and the Jazz...really? After the last two years of going 8-3 against them in the playoffs are really going to be a threat?

I'll give you the bench argument, but that is even becoming a less than valid point. Both Farmar and Brown have improved their play and Odom, who is also banged-up, has been getting better as the calendar now marks February. Which, in case you don't know, is high-time for candy lovers like Klohmar...

However, it will be challenging because the Lakers are the hunted and not the hunter. I want a repeat, but if it doesn't happen then that means that the hunger wasn't there. It isn't that the Lakers aren't as good as last year, they're just not playing with any sense of urgency or consistency.

Allanon
02-05-2010, 03:34 PM

I watch basketball everyday at work...pretty much will watch any West team and really only the top East teams.

What is your point?

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-05-2010, 03:37 PM
I watch basketball everyday at work...pretty much will watch any West team and really only the top East teams.

What is your point?

Forget his pooint, just get me a job where you work! :greedy

Allanon
02-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Forget his pooint, just get me a job where you work! :greedy

I have about 5 hours to kill each night and with NBALP, it's an easy 5 hours.

But I think the boat drive into work might be a little far for you :lol

21_Blessings
02-05-2010, 03:39 PM

The Lakers defense is much better than it was last year.

The Lakers haven't yet peaked due to all the injuries. Phil hasn't even glanced at the switch yet.

redzero
02-05-2010, 03:40 PM

Yeah, the Spurs are finally going to play how they "should" 48 games into the season.

TheMACHINE
02-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Denver has the recipe and has the eggs, flour, etc....but cant find a way to mix it in the bowl.

ok that was lame. lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Yeah, the Spurs are finally going to play how they "should" 48 games into the season.

3 words - Rodeo Road Trip

Ghazi
02-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Spurs suck.

HarlemHeat37
02-05-2010, 05:45 PM
I agree that the Lakers are worse than last year..

It's just tough to bet on the Nuggets though..they might have the talent to beat LA, but they just don't have the mental composure..they have too many low IQ players and George Karl is just too shaky as a coach..losing 2 games in a WCF series due to inbounding is absolutely ridiculous..

If they can acquire another big man at the deadline, I think they can beat LA in a series IF they have truly matured like they think..I also think Dallas is an Iguodala away from being in competition..

Muser
02-05-2010, 05:48 PM
3 words - Rodeo Road Trip

Nah, Spurs need a big facelift to compete. Even that might not be enough.

NugzFan
02-05-2010, 07:36 PM
hy6Yq2slOrg&

your reading comprehension skills are absolutely amazing. :lol

NugzFan
02-05-2010, 07:37 PM

What is your point?

that you know little of the nuggets.

Allanon
02-05-2010, 07:48 PM
that you know little of the nuggets.

Explain yourself.

Even a guy that never watches can say "You don't know anything about the Nuggets".

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-05-2010, 07:50 PM
I never watch the Nuggets, but when i do, they win.

This season has been good. I have seen about 7 nuggets games on TV here and they are 6-1 in those games :smokin

NugzFan
02-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Explain yourself.

Even a guy that never watches can say "You don't know anything about the Nuggets".

explain how kmart will shoot the nuggets in the foot.

Allanon
02-05-2010, 08:03 PM
explain how kmart will shoot the nuggets in the foot.

He did this last year in the Playoffs against the Lakers by grabbing Vujacic's leg right in front of the referee. Killed the Nuggets momentum.

http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/lt7lsli6nf6u5efmcwka.jpg

NugzFan
02-05-2010, 08:13 PM
He did this last year in the Playoffs against the Lakers by grabbing Vujacic's leg right in front of the referee. Killed the Nuggets momentum.

dear lord - thats your example? :lol what kmart does to help the nuggets is infinitely more than what he does to hurt.

Allanon
02-05-2010, 08:15 PM
dear lord - thats your example? :lol what kmart does to help the nuggets is infinitely more than what he does to hurt.

Nuggets had already secured the rebound but this made it into a turnover. 2 points for the Lakers and the Nuggets go on to lose the game.

Boneheaded moves like this won't win you championships. :lol

NugzFan
02-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Nuggets had already secured the rebound but this made it into a turnover. 2 points for the Lakers and the Nuggets go on to lose the game.

Boneheaded moves like this won't win you championships. :lol

kmart on the court > kmart off the court.

i still wonder if you watch any nugget games besides den-la games.

NugzFan
02-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Let me tell you guys a little something about ass kickings. When a man whoops your ass, say a knock-out sucker punch. You convince yourself that he snuck you, and if prepared, you'd kick his ass if given the chance. Out of nowhere, here comes that chance. You do your push-ups, work on your jab, and over-hand right. You talk to yourself in the mirror, and fill yourself with much needed pride to accomplish the task. Then that day comes for you to show the world that you won't be sucker punched this time, but your going to give this guy the ass whooping you should have given him the first time, that's if he hadn't sucker punched you.

The bully shows up as expected, but your ready this time, not only are you ready, but the fight is in your yard this time. "No way I'm gonna get my ass kicked in front of my momma." The bully throws the first blow, he lands, but to even your own surprise you took the punch well. This really puts your confidence over the top, and you begin throwing punches in a windmill type fashion, fast and hard as hell, hitting any part of his body that's exposed. Before you know it, you realize that you are tired as fuck, and this motherfucking bully hasn't flinched, what's worse is he's smiling, in my own fucking backyard! What comes next is the most vicious furry of left hooks from this bully that it brings tears to your momma's eyes. You don't remember how it all ended, in fact, you don't even want to know. The only thing you can keep telling yourself is if you had another shot, you'd win next time. Deep down you know that's a crock of shit, but it's the only thing that keeps you from looking like the scared pussy that you really are.

Denver wants no part of those Bullies from LA.

wtf? :lol

Allanon
02-05-2010, 08:26 PM
kmart on the court > kmart off the court.

i still wonder if you watch any nugget games besides den-la games.

Wonder all you want. Proof is in the pudding, the Nuggets lost that game and the series.

KMart shot the team in the foot with that stupid turnover that killed a Nuggz run.

NugzFan
02-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Wonder all you want. Proof is in the pudding, the Nuggets lost that game and the series.

KMart shot the team in the foot with that stupid turnover that killed a Nuggz run.

wonder? all you have is the one example yet the fact remains that kmart helps more than hurts. he is playing amazing right now. you wouldnt know since you dont watch the games.

try again.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-05-2010, 08:35 PM
I gotta say that the Kmart this year is the best he has ever been. He will never be worth his contract but he is a double/double machine and a great defender when he is on. It is sad to see him show 500% more intensity than Nene.

Nene is more of a reason for the Nuggets to worry, as opposed to the current Kmart.

Allanon
02-05-2010, 08:35 PM
wonder? all you have is the one example yet the fact remains that kmart helps more than hurts. he is playing amazing right now. you wouldnt know since you dont watch the games.

try again.

Hahah, your Nuggz will get another chance to "try again" with crunch time boneheads on the roster.

Let's see how they undermine the team again this year. :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey Allanon, we now have the TLA :lol

Ty Lawson Advantage = no Anthony Carter playing when it counts :lol

Allanon
02-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey Allanon, we now have the TLA :lol

Ty Lawson Advantage = no Anthony Carter playing when it counts :lol

Ty Lawsome's a really nice player, I admit, Nuggets-fan.

NugzFan
02-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Hahah, your Nuggz will get another chance to "try again" with crunch time boneheads on the roster.

Let's see how they undermine the team again this year. :lol

this is your comeback when you get owned? :rolleyes

helpful tip: watch kmart play a few games...

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-05-2010, 08:44 PM
It'll be interesting to see if GK unleashes him in the playoffs. GK hates playing rookies but of course loves Ty coz of North Carolina, but will it be the same in the playoffs?

No doubt the Lakers have issues with smaller guards, so it would have to be the smart move to let him try and wreak havoc.

Allanon
02-05-2010, 08:45 PM
this is your comeback when you get owned? :rolleyes

helpful tip: watch kmart play a few games...

You haven't owned shit, son.

You asked me and I answered....I even included a picture of the dumbass in the act :lol

NugzFan
02-05-2010, 08:50 PM
You haven't owned shit, son.

You asked me and I answered....I even included a picture of the dumbass in the act :lol

you answered what you think was the question.

one play from last year isnt the issue 'son' :lol

stick to the lakers - i think you know shit about them (maybe).

but not denver.

Allanon
02-05-2010, 08:52 PM
you answered what you think was the question.

one play from last year isnt the issue 'son' :lol

stick to the lakers - i think you know shit about them (maybe).

but not denver.

You asked the question, and I answered it perfectly...learn to write better questions if you want a different answer. Hell, I even included a picture to make it very clear.

It only takes 1 mistake to lose a game in the Playoffs.

No need to get butthurt, son. :lol

LkrFan
02-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Let me tell you guys a little something about ass kickings. When a man whoops your ass, say a knock-out sucker punch. You convince yourself that he snuck you, and if prepared, you'd kick his ass if given the chance. Out of nowhere, here comes that chance. You do your push-ups, work on your jab, and over-hand right. You talk to yourself in the mirror, and fill yourself with much needed pride to accomplish the task. Then that day comes for you to show the world that you won't be sucker punched this time, but your going to give this guy the ass whooping you should have given him the first time, that's if he hadn't sucker punched you.

The bully shows up as expected, but your ready this time, not only are you ready, but the fight is in your yard this time. "No way I'm gonna get my ass kicked in front of my momma." The bully throws the first blow, he lands, but to even your own surprise you took the punch well. This really puts your confidence over the top, and you begin throwing punches in a windmill type fashion, fast and hard as hell, hitting any part of his body that's exposed. Before you know it, you realize that you are tired as fuck, and this motherfucking bully hasn't flinched, what's worse is he's smiling, in my own fucking backyard! What comes next is the most vicious furry of left hooks from this bully that it brings tears to your momma's eyes. You don't remember how it all ended, in fact, you don't even want to know. The only thing you can keep telling yourself is if you had another shot, you'd win next time. Deep down you know that's a crock of shit, but it's the only thing that keeps you from looking like the scared pussy that you really are.

Denver wants no part of those Bullies from LA.Truth! :lmao

Donkeybong
02-05-2010, 09:06 PM
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1280/1265163327812.gif

NugzFan
02-05-2010, 09:10 PM
You asked the question, and I answered it perfectly...learn to write better questions if you want a different answer. Hell, I even included a picture to make it very clear.

It only takes 1 mistake to lose a game in the Playoffs.

No need to get butthurt, son. :lol

i was just about to mention that if that picture wasnt taken you wouldnt have had anything to say - not a good sign for your point at all. :lol

but once again you fail to realize how little you know of the nuggets and kmarts value. if you think he will hurt the nuggets by playing, thats fine but it makes you look so stupid (and trust me you dont need any help with that). hes playing amazing basketball right now.

try again "son".

and you certainly dont help with the perception of online laker fans. no wonder everyone think you guys are idiots. you should work on fixing that.

Allanon
02-05-2010, 09:15 PM
i was just about to mention that if that picture wasnt taken you wouldnt have had anything to say - not a good sign for your point at all. :lol

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Proof of a stupid play by KMart is right there in front of your face but you FAIL to see it. Your question was answered.

"Only 1 mistake". Stupid mistakes like that are the difference between pretenders and contenders. :lmao

You're making a real fan like "Nuggets-fan" look bad.

Just stop, son.

LkrFan
02-05-2010, 09:17 PM
I agree that the Lakers are worse than last year..

It's just tough to bet on the Nuggets though..they might have the talent to beat LA, but they just don't have the mental composure..they have too many low IQ players and George Karl is just too shaky as a coach..losing 2 games in a WCF series due to inbounding is absolutely ridiculous..

If they can acquire another big man at the deadline, I think they can beat LA in a series IF they have truly matured like they think..I also think Dallas is an Iguodala away from being in competition..
I don't know how they can be worst. We're just not healthy. When we were healthy, we were #1 in virtually every defensive category despite Ron "disrupting" our triangle offense. I'll take that 24/7. Fans always claiming that Lakers were too cute to win are now seeing us lock teams down - when healthy. Right now our best 2 players and our 4th best player are playing hurt. When our health returns, you will see the real Lakers and the real reason why Ron being on our roster is better than having Ariza come playoff time.

And I can't wait until you guys come to Staples. That beating the Lakers took in the 210 will have an asterisk next to it because before Kobe got hurt, he was 7-10 from the field. Had he not gotten hurt that would have been an L for San Antone.

Back on topic: Unless Kobe, Pau, Drew, or Ron suffer some sort of injury that renders them ineffective, the Lakers will repeat. No one will stop us including the Spurs playing in an "odd year" with TD in uniform.

NugzFan
02-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Proof of a stupid play by KMart is right there in front of your face but you FAIL to see it. Your question was answered.

"Only 1 mistake". Stupid mistakes like that are the difference between pretenders and contenders. :lmao

You're making a real fan like "Nuggets-fan" look bad.

Just stop, son.

*sigh* keep trying kid. trolling only goes so far.

kmart is playing great, no he wont hurt us overall despite what ONE play last year says. i can find one play for anyone. care to ignore all the positive plays he brings (not to mention how much better he is this year than last in so many ways). of course you dont care about this. you care about one picture of him grabbing sashas leg. true troll all the way. true laker fan ignorance.

you guys have a great team no doubt - much respect there (and i know they respect kmart as a player). but for the fans (either online or in the crowd) - horrible. always has been, and still true today.

but keep trolling "son" and why not post that picture of the one play again. it sure proves that kmart is a bad player or will ruin the nuggets or hurt their chances...whatever you wanted to believe. :rolleyes :lol

NugzFan
02-05-2010, 09:23 PM
He does a good job of that alone.

if you want to compare fan bases, im all for it. :toast

with every fan base there is always some good and a few bad seeds. with the lakers you have to look hard to find the one or two good fans. that says a lot.

lil_penny
02-05-2010, 09:30 PM

Denver wants no part of those Bullies from LA.

:lmao

Allanon
02-05-2010, 09:31 PM
*sigh* keep trying kid. trolling only goes so far.

kmart is playing great, no he wont hurt us overall despite what ONE play last year says. i can find one play for anyone. care to ignore all the positive plays he brings (not to mention how much better he is this year than last in so many ways). of course you dont care about this. you care about one picture of him grabbing sashas leg. true troll all the way. true laker fan ignorance.

I never said KMart doesn't bring good things to the team. I said he'll do something to shoot the team in the foot.

The proof is right there in the picture...I'm not making it up. The Nuggets lost that game and then lost the series.

1 stupid play in the Playoffs at the wrong time can and will lose games and series. Obviously you don't understand that.

you guys have a great team no doubt - much respect there (and i know they respect kmart as a player). but for the fans (either online or in the crowd) - horrible. always has been, and still true today.

but keep trolling "son" and why not post that picture of the one play again. it sure proves that kmart is a bad player or will ruin the nuggets or hurt their chances...whatever you wanted to believe. :rolleyes :lol

The Nuggets are a good team with some boneheaded players.

They have 1 or two good fans. The rest just don't understand basketball, such as yourself, son. :lol

why not post that picture of the one play again.

Sure thing, bro, here you go:

hitmanyr2k
02-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Here comes that fucking bully.

That bully got knocked the fuck out tonight :lol :lol

tlongII
02-06-2010, 01:14 AM
LOL Lakers.

Banzai
02-06-2010, 01:16 AM
LOL Lakers.

I'm not laughing obviously..just disappointed.:depressed

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-06-2010, 01:39 AM
:lmao @ calling the Laker 'bullies' . They are as soft as tissues

lil_penny
02-06-2010, 04:40 AM
great win nuggets fan! for this bully beat down i may consider letting you get rid of that signature a little early:toast I tell you what.. if the blazers get the W on them tomorrow you can take the pic and the 0 and forever off your sig. This will be a good reason for you to cheer on a NW rival for one night:hat

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-06-2010, 04:44 AM
great win nuggets fan! for this bully beat down i may consider letting you get rid of that signature a little early:toast I tell you what.. if the blazers get the W on them tomorrow you can take the pic and the 0 and forever off your sig. This will be a good reason for you to cheer on a NW rival for one night:hat

:lol ok, deal :toast

GO BLAZERS!

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Dear Ron,

You ain't so tough, you just a crazy mofo

Sincerely yours,
Joey Graham

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_jMjrgDvjZHA/RtzNoWWcEiI/AAAAAAAAAzk/G1W4fvoKKr4/Graham.jpg

lil_penny
02-06-2010, 04:47 AM
:lol ok, deal :toast

GO BLAZERS!

god bless you son:toast

Xevious
02-06-2010, 08:38 AM
George Karl couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. LMAO at this fat fuck thinking he has has some masterstroke up sleeve.
Good thing Billups is the real coach of the team.

Anthony may be one of the best scorers in the league, but Billups is way more important to that team's success. He's the only adult supervision they has.

pauls931
02-06-2010, 08:44 AM
So much for my 83-0 prediction

benefactor
02-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Though they won this game, I'm still not completely sold on the Nuggets. I was sure they would take down LA last season but they proved once again that they are too mentally weak to get it done when it counts.

Oh...and the Nuggets fan that is defending Kenyon Martin needs to stfu. Anyone who watched that series last season knows that Martin's repeated bonehead plays were a big reason why Denver lost that series. A team that needs Kenyon Martin to come up big in the playoffs in order to win is going to disappointed every time until he proves otherwise by actually doing it.

daslicer
02-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Though they won this game, I'm still not completely sold on the Nuggets. I was sure they would take down LA last season but they proved once again that they are too mentally weak to get it done when it counts.

Oh...and the Nuggets fan that is defending Kenyon Martin needs to stfu. Anyone who watched that series last season knows that Martin's repeated bonehead plays were a big reason why Denver lost that series. A team that needs Kenyon Martin to come up big in the playoffs in order to win is going to disappointed every time until he proves otherwise by actually doing it.

I definitely agree with you that they lost the series last year due to lack of mental toughness. Obviously I'm not sold yet that they have matured yet from a mental stand point but I think wins like last night is a step in the right direction. I think they need to be greedy and sweep the season series with the Lakers much like the spurs did in '03 to gain mental confidence.

himat
02-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Dear Ron,

You ain't so tough, you just a crazy mofo

Sincerely yours,
Joey Graham

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_jMjrgDvjZHA/RtzNoWWcEiI/AAAAAAAAAzk/G1W4fvoKKr4/Graham.jpg

Damn Joey Graham is a tank!:wow

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Dude benches 400+ lb

21_Blessings
02-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Fluke win last night by the Nugz. 70% from 3 :lol

Like that's going to happen in the playoffs. :rollin

j.dizzle
02-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Fluke win last night by the Nugz. 70% from 3 :lol

Like that's going to happen in the playoffs. :rollin
70% aint gonna happen but Melo playing is & LA's PG's will get gangbanged every game..Pau & Bynum have not yet played a good game together vs an elite team. Drews D is suspect & Pau doesnt look good at all lately.

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2010, 03:40 PM
To be fair, a lot of those shots were open shots..

The only tough shots they really made was when Billups got hot, which was a result that came after he got in rhythm from open shots..Earl "187" Smith's shots could happen any night, he's the streakiest player in the NBA..

Overall, I don't think it meant much, although it definitely had to boost Denver's confidence..

21_Blessings
02-06-2010, 03:45 PM
70% aint gonna happen but Melo playing is & LA's PG's will get gangbanged every game.

Melo would have just taken shots away from Billups last night.

.Pau & Bynum have not yet played a good game together vs an elite team.

That is completely false.

Drews D is suspect & Pau doesnt look good at all lately.

Drew's D is fine when the officials aren't fucking him up the ass.

Phonzie20
02-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Overall, I don't think it meant much, although it definitely had to boost Denver's confidence..

You don't know Denver. They are dropping one in Utah tonight.

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2010, 05:54 PM
I meant confidence against the Lakers..

Also, the Nuggets-Jazz game has little to do with confidence..Utah is @ home and hot as fuck, while Denver is without Carmelo and on a back-to-back..they would have no business winning tonight..

Phonzie20
02-06-2010, 06:00 PM
I meant confidence against the Lakers..

Also, the Nuggets-Jazz game has little to do with confidence..Utah is @ home and hot as fuck, while Denver is without Carmelo and on a back-to-back..they would have no business winning tonight..

Yeah, I understand what you initially meant. I'm fan of this team that is seriously bi-polar. The team has mad me a half-glass empty kind of guy.

NugzFan
02-06-2010, 06:25 PM
the game last night kicked ass.

Banzai
02-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Dude benches 400+ lb

probably benches his women as well:rollin

Banzai
02-06-2010, 06:50 PM
the game last night kicked ass.

for nuggets fans..of course.