PDA

View Full Version : Girls Using Steroids

Gatita
04-29-2005, 12:54 AM
TRENTON, N.J. - An alarming number of American girls, some as young as 9, are using bodybuilding steroids - not necessarily to get an edge on the playing field, but to get the toned, sculpted look of models and movie stars, experts say.

I'm tired of seeing women/girls having to go to extremes to try to look like celebrities.

Girls are getting their hands on the same dangerous testosterone pills, shots and creams that have created a scandal in major league baseball and other sports. Often, these are the same girls who have eating disorders, according to some research.

"With young women, you see them using it more as a weight control and body fat reduction" method, said Jeff Hoerger, who runs the staff counseling program at Rutgers University in New Jersey.

Skinny does not equate being healthy.
What do you think about women/girls going to such extremes for "beauty?
What is too skinny?
Does the media have an influence on body image?
I would especially like to hear from the men on this issue.

Drachen
04-29-2005, 01:18 AM
I hear that steroids make one grow boobs.

No, I was just kidding, I really think that its gross when a girl is too skinny, Penelope Cruz looks like an anorexic rat, for example(she should date Kid Rock and they could have little rat-skeleton babies).

Sportcamper
04-29-2005, 09:54 AM
The recent phenomenon is about young girls using performance enhancing drugs to attain Toned & Hard Appearance....Not to improve athletic prowess...

The downside is that “unlike professional athletes”, these kids are not using medical doctors who are expert on the subject & can keep them out of harms way...

Long term usage can lead to serious medical problems as well as...
masculine (http://www.celebritycd.com/chyna/chyna_19.jpg)
features (http://gallery.offtopic.com/data/500/89480omgosh1ff.jpg)

Gatita
04-29-2005, 12:12 PM
We wouldn't want anymore Williams' sisters...

*hides from Sportcamper

polandprzem
04-29-2005, 12:23 PM
It was just on TV.
That is just insaine. You want to look healthy nad you are doing everything you can. Even if it causes damage in your organism.