PDA

View Full Version : sons if only I were the NBA commissioner I could fix this scripted crap

BRHornet45
02-06-2010, 12:33 AM
sons If only I were the NBA commissioner ... this free throw shooting contest, scripted playoff crap would stop. The NBA has truly turned into a sports entertainment company, not a legit athletic competition. lol at Lebron being awarded 21 free throws on a silver platter last night! I don't care who you are, there is absolutely no logical reason for ANY player to receive that many free throws in one game. oh and he also "ONLY committed 1 foul". talk about some bullshit. sons I could fix this shit and make the NBA a legit sports competition again. how?? well the first step would be to fire each and ever current referee in the NBA and completely start over. hire new officials who aren't instructed to blow the whistle for every tick tack, chickenshit foul like the current officials are instructed to do. the players are big boys, let them fucking play. then the fun begins ...

COMPLETELY ELIMINATE FREE THROWS FROM THE GAME

That's right ... completely get rid of them. free throws would not exist in my NBA. now I already know what tool bags such as ghazi would say next .... "well then lets just allow them to play street ball and hard foul one another all night!" ... son there is a very simply solution to that ...

Change the foul out rule from 6 to 3. that's right ... 3 fouls and you're out! not only would this rule help improve the ridiculous free throw problem, but it would also force these spoiled millionaires to actually play solid defense night in and night out. but what about technical fouls? simple ... if a technical foul is called against one team (player or coach), then the other team would then be given the right to choose ANY player on that opposing team and add ONE foul to their stats. this rule would again would not only help eliminate bullshit free throws, but would also make the players and coaches have more respect for officiating. If you want to act like a bitch, ok that is fine ... but your star player will pay for it.

sons this would truly be a nightmare for many star players who have made their living at the free throw line. This would force all NBA teams and players to TRULY EARN each and every last point they score. Imagine a league where a guy like Kobe isn't awarded 2 free throws just because he ran into the lane, threw the ball in the air, and screamed loudly with no one touching him? thank me now. god bless

sabar
02-06-2010, 12:37 AM
No doubt the one aspect I hate about the game is free throws. It slows the game down, you get superstar treatment problems, games with 40+ FTs are boring, so on and so forth.

Rogue
02-06-2010, 12:42 AM
great ideas sons, specially applause for the new proposed rules for Technical fouls

BRHornet45
02-06-2010, 12:43 AM
great ideas sons, specially applause for the new proposed rules for Technical fouls

son God bless you and your family!

Mr. Body
02-06-2010, 12:44 AM
sons.

sons.

sons.

another one.

sons.

i am a douche.

sons.

Rogue
02-06-2010, 12:45 AM
if the ejecting threshold is lowered to 3 then the refs would blow far less the shit pegged on their leashes, which means the games would be far more continuous and more like a competition rather than a show like it currently is.

Rogue
02-06-2010, 12:50 AM
son God bless you and your family!
son with less whistles the game would turn more physical and accordingly require more athleticism than flopping skills IMHO, which doesn't sound like good news for Chirs Paul TBH.

Darthkiller
02-06-2010, 12:56 AM
one flaw, if you dont have fts, teams will alwasy keep 1 scrub on the floor in the paint, just to hack anyone who gets a layup.

BRHornet45
02-06-2010, 12:57 AM
son with less whistles the game would turn more physical and accordingly require more athleticism than flopping skills IMHO, which doesn't sound like good news for Chirs Paul TBH.

son if this rule went into effect it would be the best thing for the NBA. just imagine a league where star power doesn't result in extra, free points? The Hawks and the Bulls would have both defeated the Boston Celtics in the last two 1st round playoffs. Its situations like that were star power is currently most effective ... a very close playoff series that could and should go either way, but the NBA steps in, controls the game, and does what is best financially for their league.

BRHornet45
02-06-2010, 01:00 AM
one flaw, if you dont have fts, teams will alwasy keep 1 scrub on the floor in the paint, just to hack anyone who gets a layup.

3 fouls he is out

ffadicted
02-06-2010, 01:08 AM
You're a good man BR, god bless you and your family and all that stuff, but this would be the absolute end of penetration from guards and wings, and would turn 90% of the league into jumpshooters. It'll pretty much make this the WNBA.

Either that, or everybody would be scared to foul and it'd be a layup drill out there

JamStone
02-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Would obviously never happen, but I actually like your ideas.

Son, well thought out ideas, son.

Rogue
02-06-2010, 01:30 AM
You're a good man BR, god bless you and your family and all that stuff, but this would be the absolute end of penetration from guards and wings, and would turn 90% of the league into jumpshooters. It'll pretty much make this the WNBA.

Either that, or everybody would be scared to foul and it'd be a layup drill out there
only flagrant fouls with malice are whistled under BR's new rules IMHO, which doesn't necessarily promise the growth of the number of fouls called. Didn't you notice BR mentioned all the current refs would be resigned and refilled with recruited ones. The games just turn fiercer when whistles are blown less, which indicates that BR wasn't submitting these constructional suggestions on behalf of his team but on the basic hope of making the whole league better, pros hence are well deserved for him sons.

pauls931
02-06-2010, 09:55 AM
You better increase timeouts then because FTs give players a chance to rest.

AussieFanKurt
02-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Yeah I'm sick of the fixed NBA too.
LeCrap is just given what he wants when he wants

ChrisRichards
02-06-2010, 12:23 PM
sons If only I were the NBA commissioner ... this free throw shooting contest, scripted playoff crap would stop. The NBA has truly turned into a sports entertainment company, not a legit athletic competition. lol at Lebron being awarded 21 free throws on a silver platter last night! I don't care who you are, there is absolutely no logical reason for ANY player to receive that many free throws in one game. oh and he also "ONLY committed 1 foul". talk about some bullshit. sons I could fix this shit and make the NBA a legit sports competition again. how?? well the first step would be to fire each and ever current referee in the NBA and completely start over. hire new officials who aren't instructed to blow the whistle for every tick tack, chickenshit foul like the current officials are instructed to do. the players are big boys, let them fucking play. then the fun begins ...

That's right ... completely get rid of them. free throws would not exist in my NBA. now I already know what tool bags such as ghazi would say next .... "well then lets just allow them to play street ball and hard foul one another all night!" ... son there is a very simply solution to that ...

Change the foul out rule from 6 to 3. that's right ... 3 fouls and you're out! not only would this rule help improve the ridiculous free throw problem, but it would also force these spoiled millionaires to actually play solid defense night in and night out. but what about technical fouls? simple ... if a technical foul is called against one team (player or coach), then the other team would then be given the right to choose ANY player on that opposing team and add ONE foul to their stats. this rule would again would not only help eliminate bullshit free throws, but would also make the players and coaches have more respect for officiating. If you want to act like a bitch, ok that is fine ... but your star player will pay for it.

sons this would truly be a nightmare for many star players who have made their living at the free throw line. This would force all NBA teams and players to TRULY EARN each and every last point they score. Imagine a league where a guy like Kobe isn't awarded 2 free throws just because he ran into the lane, threw the ball in the air, and screamed loudly with no one touching him? thank me now. god bless

You dont understand. the rules are not the problems. The refs are.

NRHector
02-06-2010, 12:29 PM
You dont understand. the rules are not the problems. The refs are.and who controls the refs?

ChrisRichards
02-06-2010, 12:57 PM
and who controls the refs?
The mob.

dirk4mvp
02-06-2010, 12:59 PM
3 fouls is bogus. There would be more Kyle Korver matador defense going on.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3271/2312944688_833bd531d1.jpg

DPG21920
02-06-2010, 01:01 PM
This just sounds like a way to help CP3 get to the level of Lebron.

RsxPiimp
02-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Horrible idea son. I think the league however should fire referees as quickly as owners fires imcompetent coaches. That would put them in line.

exstatic
02-06-2010, 01:36 PM
The big flaw with the NBA now is that when they climbed out of obscurity in the 80s with Magic and Bird, they promoted winners, and now they promote players, and then try by hook or crook to turn them into winners.

TheGreatest23
02-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Sons, stop your whining. I got touched everytime i went to the rim.

Bow down to the King, bitches.

BRHornet45
02-06-2010, 06:24 PM
You dont understand. the rules are not the problems. The refs are.

and son that was the very first problem I mentioned to fix. get rid of all current refs and start over. what I didn't include is that the new referees would obviously be held to a higher standard than the current refs who are basically only qualified to referee middle school games. have a very strict system in place that ACTUALLY monitors (and not just says they do) each and every game on a nightly basis. the referees would have only X amount of their salary guaranteed on a yearly basis instead of the $200,000-$350,000 that they currently receive (not including their payoff money from outside sources). lets say you only guarantee each referee $100,000 per year in salary, BUT each month after close reviews of every game that they called they are then rewarded with another paycheck for the correct calls made and are also fined for bad calls.

son obviously it is very difficult to find honest referees, but this would be a much better system and a step in the right direction. this would help bring in referees who truly want to ref and not just rake in a guaranteed $250,000 income and become a puppet.

RsxPiimp
02-06-2010, 06:29 PM
I see now.

BRHornet45
02-06-2010, 06:41 PM
This just sounds like a way to help CP3 get to the level of Lebron.

son give me a break. that was lame ... you do realize that Paul gets to the line 5 or 6 times per game and that this would eliminate those easy, free points from his stats as well? son this post has nothing to do with Paul, its about cleaning up the corrupt NBA and making it a legit sports competition again.

Like I mentioned above this is a system that makes each and every player, regardless of their "star power" TRULY EARN EVERY POINT THEY SCORE. it would eliminate the extra, free points that are GIVEN to them at the line by the NBA to help inflate their scoring numbers. In this system, the star players putting up 25+ points per game would drop back down to reality. they would not be awarded the extra 5+ bullshit free throws that they are currently being given simply for marketing reasons.

BRHornet45
06-20-2010, 08:47 PM
sons if I was the commissioner and my rules were in place ... the Celtics who were CLEARLY the better team would have easily won the finals in 5 games. Instead the NBA needed the trendy Lakers to win, so they stepped in and allowed them to win due to the freebie line.

Smooth Criminal
06-20-2010, 09:17 PM

If you think the NBA is rigged, why even be a fan? Stop Bitching

And if say a team isn't in foul trouble at the end, or they have a player who isnt...They're about to give up a critical layup: SO they foul, and essentially get a redo, again, and again, using fouls for irrelevant players...ruins the other teams chance...BYE BYE EXCITING FINISHES TO GAMES

Bandwagon Fan
06-20-2010, 10:36 PM
sons if I was the commissioner and my rules were in place ... the Celtics who were CLEARLY the better team would have easily won the finals in 5 games. Instead the NBA needed the trendy Lakers to win, so they stepped in and allowed them to win due to the freebie line.

The Hornets who were clearly the better team would have won the finals :toast.

All youd get is Bostons bench playing LAs starters and the Lakers winning in 5.

silverblk mystix
06-20-2010, 10:43 PM

co-sign this.

Bandwagon Fan
06-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Oh yeah, two blowout losses clearly indicates a better team.

Indazone
06-20-2010, 10:54 PM
If you think the NBA is rigged, why even be a fan? Stop Bitching

And if say a team isn't in foul trouble at the end, or they have a player who isnt...They're about to give up a critical layup: SO they foul, and essentially get a redo, again, and again, using fouls for irrelevant players...ruins the other teams chance...BYE BYE EXCITING FINISHES TO GAMES

Everyone knows the WWE is rigged but everyone still watches it. What's your point?

Jacob1983
06-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Laker fans love to bitch about the refs when their team is on the wrong side of it but if it's the other way around, then fans of the other team are just cry babies and pussies. Hypocritical bullshit at its finest. For the record, it's rare for the Lakers to be on the wrong/bad side of the refs and calls.

BRHornet45
06-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Laker fans love to bitch about the refs when their team is on the wrong side of it but if it's the other way around, then fans of the other team are just cry babies and pussies. Hypocritical bullshit at its finest. For the record, it's rare for the Lakers to be on the wrong/bad side of the refs and calls.

sons for once I agree with a Dallas fan. God bless you and your family tonight.