PDA

View Full Version : If the Lakers don't find a PG replacement they will not repeat

DazedAndConfused
02-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Last year they managed to win the championship despite having a huge glaring hole at the PG position. HOU exposed this weakness and took the Lakers to 7 games when they clearly had no business doing so. Seeing Billups wide open time and time again because Fisher was too inept and slow on defense to cover him just cemented in my mind what a disaster a playoff series would be with Denver.

The Lakers need to make it a priority now before the trade deadline expires to address this problem. They don't need a star, just someone who can play good defense and knock down the open 3. Chris Duhon would be perfect. Same with Kirk Hinrich. The triangle does not require a CP3 type PG in order to run efficiently. In a way I'm glad the Lakers are getting trashed by elite teams right now because it is showing the FO exactly where the deficiencies are in this team and what needs to be addressed if they are going to repeat.

Keep Fisher around for his veteran presence and clutchness in the playoffs, but jettison Farmar, Sasha, Morrison, and even Brown to find a legitimate starting PG. This should be Mitch's #1 priority.

j.dizzle
02-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Do Fisher & Farmar even practice defense or do they just practice bricking wide open three's? hahaha. Brown aint a real PG but he tries a lot harder then them atleast but he needs to stop dribbling so much. Too much 1 on 1 basketball, wtf happened to running the triangle? I dont even wanna begin talkin about vujabrick..He's officially done, he missed like 4-5 WIDE open three's yesterday, biggest momentum killer.

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2010, 08:04 PM
LOL, Chris Duhon would be perfect?!..LOL..

itzsoweezee
02-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Last year they managed to win the championship despite having a huge glaring hole at the PG position. HOU exposed this weakness and took the Lakers to 7 games when they clearly had no business doing so. Seeing Billups wide open time and time again because Fisher was too inept and slow on defense to cover him just cemented in my mind what a disaster a playoff series would be with Denver.

The Lakers need to make it a priority now before the trade deadline expires to address this problem. They don't need a star, just someone who can play good defense and knock down the open 3. Chris Duhon would be perfect. Same with Kirk Hinrich. The triangle does not require a CP3 type PG in order to run efficiently. In a way I'm glad the Lakers are getting trashed by elite teams right now because it is showing the FO exactly where the deficiencies are in this team and what needs to be addressed if they are going to repeat.

Keep Fisher around for his veteran presence and clutchness in the playoffs, but jettison Farmar, Sasha, Morrison, and even Brown to find a legitimate starting PG. This should be Mitch's #1 priority.

If the lakers get a gift like they did from memphis with gaysol, I'm going to boycott the nba.

sook
02-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Thats the thing I like about the triangle, and with Kobe all you really need is a PG that can shoot lights out and can open and space the floor, not really excellent court vision CP3esque. Aaron Brooks would thrive in that offense but the rockets aren't the grizzlies :lol

Banzai
02-06-2010, 08:32 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/14sntcy.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4490)