PDA

View Full Version : Palin Goes After Obama at Tea Party Convention

George Gervin's Afro
02-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Palin Goes After Obama at Tea Party Convention

FOXNews.com

Sarah Palin goes after the Democratic agenda at the National Tea Party Convention.

Feb. 6: Sarah Palin speaks at the first National Tea Party Convention.
The Democratic agenda is "running out of time," former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said Saturday at the National Tea Party Convention, claiming that the conservative tea party movement is part of a brewing "revolution" that constitutes the "future of politics."

Palin, who delivered the keynote speech on the closing night of the three-day gathering of conservative activists, aligned herself squarely with the movement, frequently using the word "us" in describing it.

"This is the future of our country. The tea party movement is the future of politics," she said.

The former GOP vice presidential nominee pointed to the room full of activists, as well as the recent election of Republican Scott Brown to U.S. Senate from Massachusetts, as the sign of a political tide change.

"If Scott Brown is any indication, it’s running out of time," Palin said of the Democratic agenda.

"It’s a ground-up call to action that is forcing both parties to change the way they do business, and that’s beautiful."

Palin got an ecstatic response from the hundreds of tea party activists in the banquet hall in Nashville, where they had spent the last few days hashing out ways to grow the movement and defeat Democrats in the 2010 midterms. Though tea party groups have faced criticism for being disorganized and been cast occasionally as angry rebels without a cause, the former governor said the activists have started something that Washington must heed.

"America is ready for another revolution, and you are a part of this," Palin said.

The former governor used her speech to go after President Obama as well, hammering him for his economic, foreign and security policies.

She zeroed in on the Obama administration's handling of the alleged Christmas Day bomber.

Echoing wide-ranging complaints among Republicans that the administration should not have let suspect Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab get "lawyered up," Palin said the administration is treating the incident like a "crime spree," rather than an act of war.

"Treating this like a mere law enforcement matter places our country at great risk," she said. "To win that war, we need a commander-in-chief, not a professor of law standing at the lectern."

Palin, in a pre-taped interview with "Fox News Sunday" earlier in Nashville, said the way Obama is approaching national security is causing an "uneasiness" among many Americans.

"We are in war," Palin said. "These are acts of war that these terrorists are committing. We need to treat them a little bit differently than an American who is worthy, an American being worthy of our U.S. constitutional rights. I don’t think the terrorists are worthy of our rights."

Palin, in her keynote address, also blasted the administration for "wasteful" stimulus spending, urged Congress to kill the latest stimulus-style proposal and said the last year has proved that the administration’s attempts to extend an open hand to hostile nations, like North Korea, has not worked.

"It’s no wonder that our president only spent about 9 percent of his State of the Union address discussing national security, foreign policy, because there aren’t a whole lot of victories he can talk about," she said.

Palin addressed the convention despite facing some controversy over the $100,000 speaking fee she was receiving and the fact that two other scheduled speakers, Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., and Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., dropped out following ethics committee questions over how the convention profits would be used.

But Palin says she will not personally benefit from the engagement and that the speaking fee will go back to the "cause."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/06/sarah-palin-goes-obama-tea-party-convention/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+foxnews%252Fpolitics+%2528T ext+-+Politics%2529

A match made in heaven.......

Vinnie_Johnson
02-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Obama is a great speaker and a lousy leader.

Nbadan
02-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Was Palin reading notes off her hand?

UPDATE Oliver Willis (http://www.oliverwillis.com/2010/02/06/sarah-palin-caught-reading-her-speech-off-her-hand/) also caught Palin reading off of her hand. He points out that she made fun of President Obama during her speech for his use of a teleprompter.

http://www.oliverwillis.com/img/palin-speech-hand.jpg

Nbadan
02-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Here is a screen capture with the writing visible on her hand

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/stef406/Picture1-4.jpg

The Palin Tele-Palmer

DMX7
02-07-2010, 12:43 AM
At least they only paid $550 to see her.

boutons_deux
02-07-2010, 12:44 AM
She's a classless manly girl.

But, she needs to make more effort towards that cleavage.

ducks
02-07-2010, 12:53 AM
she has more class then anyone in washington dc that is a politician

DMX7
02-07-2010, 01:06 AM
She shops classy.

boutons_deux
02-07-2010, 01:07 AM
see, sucky ducky makes my point. If he thinks she's classy, she irredeemably trailer-park, backwoods, all-about-me-and-my-$120K-speaker-fees tacky.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2010, 03:47 AM
Did she quit a little over halfway through the speech?

George Gervin's Afro
02-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Cool, now that Palin says Tea Party should partner with the GOP we can end this "it's democrats and republicans" crap.. it's a partisan attack group.. you betcha!

jack sommerset
02-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Obama is a great speaker.

LOL@corpseman

George Gervin's Afro
02-07-2010, 11:18 AM
LOL@corpseman

we know jack she's a good guy liar..:rolleyes

jack sommerset
02-07-2010, 11:40 AM
we know jack she's a good guy liar..:rolleyes

What are you talking about now, dummy?

George Gervin's Afro
02-07-2010, 11:45 AM
What are you talking about now, dummy?

that you hate obama because he's the biggest liar you've ever seen... but you support anyone but him even though they are liars themselves... a principled stance..:lmao

hypocrite..

jack sommerset
02-07-2010, 11:59 AM
that you hate obama because he's the biggest liar you've ever seen... but you support anyone but him even though they are liars themselves... a principled stance..:lmao

hypocrite..

That has nothing to do with Obama saying "Corpseman". LOL@the commander and chief. LOL@you for stalking......again.

George Gervin's Afro
02-07-2010, 12:03 PM
That has nothing to do with Obama saying "Corpseman". LOL@the commander and chief. LOL@you for stalking......again.

just reminding you and everyone else what a big hpocrite you are...

jack sommerset
02-07-2010, 12:10 PM
just reminding you and everyone else what a big hpocrite you are...

So you are stalking.

HmN0hAA6-20

Mr. Peabody
02-07-2010, 12:39 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4337216550_4fc4343589_o.jpg

I guess energy, tax cuts, and lifting American spirits were the key issues in the speech, and budget didn't make the cut.

ploto
02-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Here is a screen capture with the writing visible on her hand

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/stef406/Picture1-4.jpg

The Palin Tele-Palmer

:lol

PixelPusher
02-07-2010, 01:23 PM

i guess energy, tax cuts, and lifting american spirits were the key issues in the speech, and budget didn't make the cut.

wtf? Is that shit for real?

jack sommerset
02-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Really? Writting a few words on your hand is a big deal, makes her dumb. Obama uses a freaken teleprompter talking to 6th GRADERS!

ploto
02-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Writting a few words on your hand is a big deal, makes her dumb.

Makes her a hypocrite.

PixelPusher
02-07-2010, 01:56 PM

"As a former Governor of Alaska, I'm very well acquainted with the national policies regarding...um...uh...oh, yeah - Energy!"

"...and as a true, life long Conservative, I know what this country really need to get this economy back on track is...is...uh, BUDG - no, no...TAX CUTS!"

PixelPusher
02-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Obama uses a freaken teleprompter talking to 6th GRADERS!

He didn't need a teleprompter to crack back on a room full of House Republicans.

...but then again, they're less of a challenge than a room full of 6th graders.

jack sommerset
02-07-2010, 02:56 PM
He didn't need a teleprompter to crack back on a room full of House Republicans.

...but then again, they're less of a challenge than a room full of 6th graders.

Crack back? lol...Only a idiot would think the GOP q&a was a debate. Someone asked a question, the liar answered, insulted, then onto the next question.

clambake
02-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Crack back? lol...Only a idiot would the that GOP q&a was a debate.

even after this butchered sentence, i'd like to ask "then what was it"?

jack sommerset
02-07-2010, 03:08 PM
even after this butchered sentence, i'd like to ask "then what was it"?

Crack back? lol...Only a idiot would think the GOP q&a was a debate. Someone asked a question, the liar answered, insulted, then onto the next question.

clambake
02-07-2010, 03:21 PM
you're right. they didn't have any answers.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-07-2010, 03:24 PM
wow. way to go following someone that can't change legislation or alter any public policy. good work, georgy. :tu

urine honorable corpseman.

jack sommerset
02-07-2010, 04:27 PM
you're right. they didn't have any answers.

Thanks!

Wild Cobra
02-07-2010, 11:06 PM
WTF is wrong Propaganda Dan?

You found the YouTube link with Palin, were you scared to link it?

Full duration large window (59:11):

Palin Keynote Address (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7gVp3diPbI)

For those with limited CPU abilities, part 1 of 5:

-yyfobZQUNY

Ignignokt
02-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Makes her a hypocrite.

Why?

Are you that dense?

ElNono
02-08-2010, 01:24 AM
I'm glad Palin is getting and will get all the attention that she seeks for the next presidential race. She either is going to win, or hopefully crash and burn so badly we'll never hear from this bitch again.

Def Rowe
02-08-2010, 02:39 AM
How fricken corny is that. What, she didn't think the event was televised? That's low budget.

Jacob1983
02-08-2010, 03:09 AM
Sarah Palin needs to realize that being a MILF does not mean you can run for president or act like you're a wise politician. If she really cares about the future of the Republican Party, she will go away and stay out of the spotlight.
However, she seems to only care about herself and money. I will admit that she did look hot in that outfit. I saw a clip of the Q&A and she kept on rubbing one of her legs. I wonder if she was trying to give the guy with the mic a boner?

Cry Havoc
02-08-2010, 03:35 AM
SUnaW_SWc6w

Why?

Are you that dense?

Maybe because she went after Obama for reading from a teleprompter?

----

VINTAGE PALIN MOMENT: Sarah Palin Reads Answers off of Her Hand

Palin gave her $115,000.00 speech tonight to an audience of less than enthusiastic Tea Partiers. She appeared off of her game, delivering a rather flat speech, one that at least failed to inspire shouts of “kill him!” as her campaign rallies did. So there's that.

She managed to get part way through the speech before misspeaking and saying “Alaska” instead of “America”, but what do you expect from an AIP secessionist? What are you? Some kind of elitist? Surely Putin would know what she meant, were she in the office she was mantled for.

““Nations around the world “wonder if Alaska is still that beacon of hope.” Pauses, realizes she meant America, plunges on.” Roger Ebert live tweeting the speech.

She spent a while attempting to mock the Real President for using a teleprompter, which earned her derision and scorn even from her fans on twitter. Why, you ask, would a Palin fan not enjoy a good dash of mock and awe? Perhaps because Herself was reading off of notes for the entire speech….which only served to give us a gander at the odd poof of hair attached to her real hair. Not sure what's going on there-- maybe that's "Real America" hair?

But that wasn’t the low point. The Vintage Palin moment occurred when she sat down to answer questions, which apparently had been pre-screened. So, she had a chance to study up prior to this moment.

And yet, she actually consulted notes scrawled on her hand while fishing around for the answer. As in, a handprompter. Leave it to Sarah.

God forbid she have yet another “all of ‘em and any of ‘em” moment. I mean, when she dragged that out during the Beck interview, even Beck was disgusted.

Oh, Sarah. Thank you for the entertainment. I guess the next time meanie liberal elites like Katie Couric ask Palin what she reads, she can say, "My hand."

Hypocrite Sarah Palin ranting about Obama using a teleprompter? Free. Always free. You can see this on Fox.
Sarah Palin charging to talk about a “populist” movement of the Joe Six Packs? $115,000.00
Sarah Palin cheating during a pre-screened Q and A session? Priceless.

UPDATE: Feb 7, 2010 11:36

On Palin's PalmPrompter, "The words "Energy", "Tax" and "Lift American Spirits" are clearly visible."

One should note that she wrote "Budget" and slashed it out, replacing it with "Tax" for "Tax cuts". Which sort of implies that perhaps she doesn't understand the difference or relationship between tax cuts and budget cuts. But then, that's a common problem among "fiscal conservatives" these days. Unpaid for tax cuts which lead to a huge deficit that one can then blame on one's predecessor. Or, in Palin's case, one can just quit and dump those pesky problems in the lap of your previously never even cc'd on state email business Lt Gov. Quit and then get rich leading a movement of "small government" rebels. Oh, the bitter, Orwellian irony of it all.

boutons_deux
02-08-2010, 05:19 AM
http://www.alternet.org/images/site/logo.gif
Sarah Palin Aims to Bust Up the Republican Party -- And the Tea Party Movement

By Adele M. Stan, AlterNet
Posted on February 8, 2010, Printed on February 8, 2010
http://www.alternet.org/story/145577/

Sarah Palin appears to be running for president of the United States of America. You betcha.

In an interview with Chris Wallace (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/07/transcript-fox-news-sunday-interview-sarah-palin/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+foxnews%252Fpolitics+%2528T ext+-+Politics%2529), recorded on the eve of her Saturday night special of a speech to the Tea Party Nation convention in Nashville (and aired yesterday on Fox News Sunday), Palin didn't quite confirm that speculation, but left the door wide open.

"Why wouldn't you run for president?" Wallace asked.
"I would," Palin replied. "I would if I believe that that is the right thing to do for our country and for the Palin family. Certainly, I would do so."

Palin's address to the Tea Partiers (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/us/politics/08palin.html) was standard for her: boilerplate in its arrangement of non sequiturs and cognitive disconnects.

( "religious" nutcases are not nothin if not totally irrational. It's part of their anti-intellectual anti-elitism. Stupid Is Beautiful. Right wingers like their leaders stupid (Same is true of right wingers in UK, origin of the famous "he's too smart by half")

She railed against the Obama administration for ostensibly violating the 10th Amendment to the Constitution -- the one that guarantees states' rights -- and then offered a health-care "fix" that violates that very amendment (allowing consumers to purchase policies across state lines, which basically intrudes upon the state's right to regulate the insurance industry within the state).

She charged the administration with trampling on the Constitution, while asserting that "foreign terrorists" arrested here aren't entitled to constitutional rights. (Uh, actually, the Constitution confers those rights on anyone in the U.S. justice system -- citizen or not.)

She stoked up the right's anti-intellectual animus by taking shots at President Obama's alleged elitism, and went after him for purportedly being soft on terrorism and dictators. All predictable, and a good move if you're planning to be the opposition candidate to the president's 2012 bid for re-election.

But during the question-and-answer session that followed with Tea Party Nation founder Judson Phillips, Palin departed from the chant of her familiar refrain to tacitly reveal her hand -- and not just the talking points scribbled on it (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stefan-sirucek/did-palin-use-crib-notes_b_452458.html) -- for the strategy she may use to clear her path to the presidency. That path-clearing seems to involve the sowing of discord, not just within the Republican Party, but within the Tea Party movment as well, along with a sprinkle of discord dust on the Democratic Party for good measure.

Palin took pre-selected questions from conference attendees that were submitted through the Tea Party Nation Web site, and read by Phillips.

In answer to one question, Palin noted with enthusiasm that many Tea Party activists are not registered Republicans -- just like the former first dude of Alaska.

"My husband -- he's not a registered Republican. He's probably more conservative than I am, " she told the convention.

Indeed, Todd Palin, for seven years was a member of the secessionist Alaska Independence Party (http://www.akip.org/faqs.html), which is the Alaska chapter (http://www.constitutionparty.com/view_states.php?state=AK) of the theocratic Constitution Party (http://www.themediaconsortium.com/reporting/2008/09/02/sarah-palins-party-loyalty/) founded by Howard Phillips (no relation to Judson Phillips), one of the architects of the religious right.

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gifTP's membership in AIP created a bit of a problem for the McCain presidential campaign, and within the campaign, according to campaign aide Steve Schmidt, who had to battle Palin to keep her from denying that fact, which was easily verifiable by any enterprising reporter. Todd Palin left the party before his wife hit the campaign trail as McCain's running-mate, but maintained his independent voting status.

(Todd Palin made news again this week, when an investigation by NBC News (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35238034/ns/politics/) revealed e-mails that showed him deeply involved in the governance of the State of Alaska during his wife's truncated term as governor.)

Sarah Palin told the Tea Partiers that she supposed she owed an apology to the Republican Party for not being able to persuade her husband to join. Yet she spent the early part of her speech lauding the victory of Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown, a Republican who won his seat with a lot of out-of-state help from Tea Partiers.

During her question-time at the convention -- she only took questions submitted in advance through the convention Web site -- Sarah Palin no doubt pleased the theocrats of her husband's former party when she would like to see leaders who were willing to "seek[ ] some divine intervention in this country" -- someone who wouldn't fear what the media would report when they "proclaim their dependence on our creator."

In her speech and during her question-and-answer session, Palin applauded the primary challenges that some Tea Party activists are launching for contested congressional and Senate seats in the 2010 election. "Contested primaries aren't civil war," she said in her speech. "They're democracy, and that's beautiful."

She hinted that she may campaign for some of those challengers. (In Arizona, however, she has angered some Tea Party activists by backing the candidacy of her former running mate instead of the Tea Party-backed challenger to Sen. McCain, former Rep. J.D. Hayworth.)

Yet for all cheerleading of the Tea Partiers, Palin seems just as poised to bust up their movement, and encouraged some light demolition within the Democratic Party, as well.

Despite strongly articulated qualms by some movement activists that the GOP was co-opting their movement, Palin told the audience that "the Republican Party would be really smart to start absorbing as much of the Tea Party movement as possible."

Of the Democrats, she said, "It's pretty cool to see some of these Blue Dog Democrats peekin' under the [Tea Party] tent."

It's tempting for progressives to dismiss Palin as a lightweight based on her well-demonstrated ignorance of -- well, a whole lot of things. But that doesn't mean she's not clever. That doesn't mean she's not up to something.

What Palin appears to be doing is adopting the old Howard Phillips strategy of sowing discord in all camps, in order to pick up the shards left behind, and build something of them.

In her interview with Chris Wallace, Palin cited a column by Pat Buchanan that assessed the scenarios by which Obama might win or lose in 2012. Buchanan almost became Phillips' candidate for his third party (then called the U.S. Taxpayers Party) in 1996; by threatening to walk the delegates he won in the presidential primary out of the GOP, he won Phyllis Schlafly and his sister, Bay Buchanan, control of the Republican Party Platform.

(You may recall that during the 2008 presidential campaign, Buchanan asserted that Palin had campaigned for him, but then walked it back when Palin denied it.)

Sarah Palin will never win a majority of America's votes, should she run for president. But she's probably betting that she could win a plurality if the major parties and the Tea Party movement are divided.

At one point, Judson Phillips said to Palin, "I can think of two words that scare liberals: 'President Palin'."

With that, the crowd broke into a spontaneous chant: "Run, Sarah, run!"

Adele M. Stan is AlterNet's Washington bureau chief.
© 2010 Independent Media Institute. All rights reserved.

View this story online at: http://www.alternet.org/story/145577/

==========

It'll be "pretty cool" when pitbull bitch splits the Repugs and the teabaggers, leaving many with nobody to vote for (abstention) or splitting the votes so nobody on the right wins much if anything.

YES!!

"Run, Sarah, run!"

:lol

TeyshaBlue
02-08-2010, 10:08 AM
It'll be "pretty cool" when pitbull bitch splits the Repugs and the teabaggers, leaving many with nobody to vote for (abstention) or splitting the votes so nobody on the right wins much if anything.

Be careful what you ask for, boutonsky. I hope she does continue to gather momentum. Her campaign will draw the nuttier social conservatives to her party like a magnet. Since the GOP leadership doesn't have the balls to cleanse the party of these idiots, it'll take an outside influence like Palin and the TeaParty to do it.
What will remain, I would hope, would be a party of fiscal and governmental conservatives. The GOP would gain quite a bit of strength were that to happen.
Of course, I do drink alot.

boutons_deux
02-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Beginning Of The End: Sarah Palin Hijacks The Tea Party Movement

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2010/02/07/the-begining-of-the-end-sarah-palin-hijacks-the-tea-party-movement/

boutons_deux
02-08-2010, 10:23 AM
"Be careful what you ask for, boutonsky"

The Repugs are already Stalin-like-sky purging themselves of center and center-right wimps, leaving on the nutcase "Christian" supremacist theocrat freaks and nihilistic radical far right fundamentalists, aka, NOT enough to win the White House.

The new MA Senator didn't even run as or mention Republican.

Repugs have lower approval ratings that Dems, but they all suck.

The weirder and more extreme the Repugs jerkoffs become, the less chance they have of winning anything. Fox lies, as Roger Ailes (who really controls the Repugs), that there is a massive movement to the right. Ain't true.

After the US got a good dose of pitbull bitch in the Pres campaign, her approval ratings were down there with dubya. 25% approval ain't gonna mean shit, except to split the Repug vote.

Run Sarah Run

TeyshaBlue
02-08-2010, 10:25 AM

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2010/02/07/the-begining-of-the-end-sarah-palin-hijacks-the-tea-party-movement/

RIP Tea Party.

Behold, Palin Party.:bang

TeyshaBlue
02-08-2010, 10:33 AM
"Be careful what you ask for, boutonsky"

The Repugs are already Stalin-like-sky purging themselves of center and center-right wimps, leaving on the nutcase "Christian" supremacist theocrat freaks and nihilistic radical far right fundamentalists, aka, NOT enough to win the White House.

The new MA Senator didn't even run as or mention Republican.

Repugs have lower approval ratings that Dems, but they all suck.

The weirder and more extreme the Repugs jerkoffs become, the less chance they have of winning anything. Fox lies, as Roger Ailes (who really controls the Repugs), that there is a massive movement to the right. Ain't true.

After the US got a good dose of pitbull bitch in the Pres campaign, her approval ratings were down there with dubya. 25% approval ain't gonna mean shit, except to split the Repug vote.

Run Sarah Run

You are confusing Republicans and Conservatives. They are almost becoming mutually exclusive terms. I hope the purge continues and I think Palin will really help facilitate that. If she co-opts the Republican Party then, she can have it. The members will no longer be of the classical conseravtive stripe, but rather, more of the Falwellian far right social conservatives.
Your example of Judd Gregg is an apt one. He ran under the Republican ticket. But, like most contemporary conservatives, doesn't truck with the Republican platform.

boutons_deux
02-08-2010, 11:07 AM
OK, so conservatives don't have a party :lol

TeyshaBlue
02-08-2010, 11:34 AM
OK, so conservatives don't have a party :lol

No, not for awhile. Don't get confused by the neocons. Jerry Falwell handed the party to them in 1979.

clambake
02-08-2010, 11:34 AM
she was caught using her redneck palm pilot?

Wild Cobra
02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
she was caught using her redneck palm pilot?
So?

What is the point you libtards wish to make?

She can go on for an hour, without a teleprompter, and you're going to bust her an a few words on her palm?

That's far better than president Teleprompter....

ElNono
02-08-2010, 12:15 PM

How so? I really don't care either way, but I want to hear the rationale behind ranking notes in a hand over using a teleprompter...

clambake
02-08-2010, 12:17 PM
So?

What is the point you libtards wish to make?

She can go on for an hour, without a teleprompter, and you're going to bust her an a few words on her palm?

i was just asking a question.

why didn't you come out immediately and inform us about her redneck palm pilot?

TeyshaBlue
02-08-2010, 12:19 PM
How so? I really don't care either way, but I want to hear the rationale behind ranking notes in a hand over using a teleprompter...

If it's a competition, then I definately vote teleprompter!

Honestly, who gives a flying fuck whether someone tasked with a presentation uses note cards, notes on their hand, teleprompter or whatever?
It's a ridiculous argument.

clambake
02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
hey...i was just commenting on her progressive technology!

spursncowboys
02-08-2010, 12:21 PM
this is pretty silly but imo the notes from hand is a brainstorming tool, where as the teleprompter is passive and without the need of any cognitive brain use.

clambake
02-08-2010, 12:22 PM
this is pretty silly but imo the notes from hand is a brainstorming tool

then she should have written them on her ass.

TeyshaBlue
02-08-2010, 12:23 PM
this is pretty silly but imo the notes from hand is a brainstorming tool, where as the teleprompter is passive and without the need of any cognitive brain use.

Depends entirely upon what's displayed upon the teleprompter, how the speaker makes use of it, if at all. I've given a few addresses where I've made notes then completely ignored them. Usually, not a good thing for me.:lol

TeyshaBlue
02-08-2010, 12:24 PM
then she should have written them on her ass.

infinitely more entertaining.:lol

clambake
02-08-2010, 12:27 PM
infinitely more entertaining.:lol

and closer to her brain.

ChumpDumper
02-08-2010, 12:28 PM

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2010/02/07/the-begining-of-the-end-sarah-palin-hijacks-the-tea-party-movement/:lol

They invited a birther to speak too.

What the hell were they thinking?

TeyshaBlue
02-08-2010, 12:33 PM
and closer to her brain.

brains are overrated. Asses on the other hand.....

clambake
02-08-2010, 12:34 PM
brains are overrated. Asses on the other hand.....

i wonder whats written on her ass. "drop a quarter when you exit"?

Wild Cobra
02-08-2010, 12:36 PM
i wonder whats written on her ass. "drop a quarter when you exit"?
Yep, you are always so classy...

ChumpDumper
02-08-2010, 12:39 PM
That's not brainstorming.

ElNono
02-08-2010, 12:41 PM

This is a joke, right? :lol

clambake
02-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Yep, you are always so classy...

and you're still the guy that giggles when US soldiers are killed, wants to kill women and children crossing the border, and stalks women on the net.

flaglot lol.

TeyshaBlue
02-08-2010, 12:43 PM
This is a joke, right? :lol

I was running with it.:lol

boutons_deux
02-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Not that the teabagger rabble gives a fuck about facts,

"We're pissed off, we don't need no facts"

Some fact checking:

Fact check: Palin’s flawed claims in Tea Party speech

By Sahil Kapur (http://rawstory.com/2009/author/sahil/)

Monday, February 8th, 2010 -- 12:13 pm

http://www.rawstory.com/images/new/palintea.jpg

WASHINGTON -- Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin lauded the virtues of the Constitution in her Tea Party Convention speech Saturday, but some of her claims appear markedly flawed. Reports over the weekend also challenged her account of recent history on national security and terrorism.

"The protections provided," Palin said, "we’re going to bestow them on a terrorist who hates our Constitution and wants to destroy our Constitution and our country? This makes no sense because we have a choice in how we’re going to deal with the terrorists."

But a 2008 Supreme Court ruling,Boumediene v. Bush (http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/06-1195.ZS.html), declared that alleged terrorists who aren't convicted of a crime -- irrespective of their citizenship -- have the constitutional right to have their case heard in federal court.
The case declared unconstitutional some of the Bush administration's decisions to strip rights from those who are designated enemy combatants by the Executive Branch.

Justice Anthony M. Kennedy said such actions fail to meet "the fundamental procedural protections of habeas corpus" guaranteed in the constitution, as the New York Times reported (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/washington/13scotus.html).

Referring to Christmas bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, Palin said "[T]here are questions we would have liked this foreign terrorist to answer because he lawyered up and invoked our U.S. Constitutional right to remain silent. Our U.S. Constitutional rights."

"He was questioned for only 50 minutes," she added. "We have a choice in how to do this. The choice was only question him for 50 minutes and then read his Miranda rights."

This too, appears to have been false.

Central to Palin's claim was that this approach is failing as Abdulmutallab has refused to cooperate with authorities. But an FBI official informed Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61169J20100202) last week that "Abdulmutallab is talking and has been talking since last week providing useful, actionable and current intelligence that we've been actively following up on."

FBI director Robert Mueller added that "Abdulmutallab has provided valuable information" without being subject to harsh techniques, as the liberal watchdog Media Mattersfirst noted (http://mediamatters.org/research/201002070017).

"He has been cooperating for days," one Obama administration official last week told the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/03/us/03terror.html), which confirmed that authorities were extracting important information form the suspect.

In her speech, Palin said, "There are questions that we would have liked answered before he lawyered up, like where exactly were you trained and by whom. You are bragging about all these other terrorists just like you, who are they? When and where will they try to strike next?"

Reports reveal that such information has also been obtained by authorities despite not breaking the law. The Associated Press found (http://www.trivalleycentral.com/articles/2010/01/26/casa_grande_dispatch/national_headlines/doc4b5dbdd8c24dc741480258.txt) that FBI agents interrogated Abdulmutallab in a hospital for "about an hour" with the following result:
The suspect spoke openly, said one official, talking in detail about what he’d done and the planning that went into the attack. Other counterterrorism officials speaking on condition of anonymity said it was during this questioning that he admitted he had been trained and instructed in the plot by al-Qaida operatives in Yemen.
Newsweek's Michael Isikoff delivered the same news (http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/declassified/archive/2010/01/22/did-u-s-intel-officials-mislead-congress-about-christmas-day-bombing.aspx):
The agents learned a wealth of information from Abdulmutallab about his connections to Al Qaeda; who he met with in Yemen; where he got the bomb that was sewn into his underwear; and "who trained him in Yemen." Added another official: "We got a lot of leads."
Palin also accused Obama of "politicizing our security" in part by using the word "war" insufficiently. "New terms used like 'overseas contingency operation' instead of the word 'war.' That reflects a world view that is out of touch with the enemy that we face."

However, the Obama administration regularly uses the word "war." Following the Christmas Day bombing, the president declared publicly (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/07/obama-review-revealed-significant-national-security-shortcomings/), "We are at war" -- clarifying, "we are at war with Al-Qaeda." In the State of the Union, the president reportedly said the word seven times (http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/01/obamas-sotu-clintonian-in-good-way.html).

Palin also appeared to suggest Obama's actions led to North Korea testing nuclear weapons.

"Our president spent a year reaching out to hostile regimes, writing personal letters to dangerous dictators and apologizing for America, and what do we have to show for that?" she said. "North Korea tested nuclear weapons and longer-range ballistic missiles."

But North Korea became recognized as a nuclear nation in October 2006, before Obama was elected president, when it tested its nuclear capabilities, as the New York Times points out (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/international/countriesandterritories/northkorea/nuclear_program/index.html).

========

She is and always will be stupid ignorant woman, just the kind asshole right-wingers love to support.

Wild Cobra
02-08-2010, 01:08 PM
and you're still the guy that giggles when US soldiers are killed, wants to kill women and children crossing the border, and stalks women on the net.

flaglot lol.
And again, you twist things to be slander.

Get sued much?

clambake
02-08-2010, 01:09 PM
And again, you twist things to be slander.

Get sued much?

i would link your posts if you were worth the effort.

Wild Cobra
02-08-2010, 01:09 PM
why didn't you come out immediately and inform us about her redneck palm pilot?
Why don't you tell us what she said after looking at her palm?

If you're going to make something out of it, don't you think you should have all the facts?

clambake
02-08-2010, 01:11 PM
you've got my opinion of her entirely wrong. i love her.

Winehole23
02-08-2010, 01:13 PM

flaglot lol.I think it's more than a bit tacky to keep sharing details from WC's personal life to discredit him, when he pays out enough rope to outfit a whole gallows ship to hang him with on a daily basis...

Winehole23
02-08-2010, 01:16 PM
WC did share his personal life online. By drawing attention to what he freely shared, you are taking advantage of one of WC's good character traits.

WC is open and confiding, personally.

clambake
02-08-2010, 01:22 PM
i didn't assassinate his character, i simply remind him that i know.

George Gervin's Afro
02-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Not that the teabagger rabble gives a fuck about facts,

"We're pissed off, we don't need no facts"

Some fact checking:

Fact check: Palin’s flawed claims in Tea Party speech

By Sahil Kapur (http://rawstory.com/2009/author/sahil/)

Monday, February 8th, 2010 -- 12:13 pm

http://www.rawstory.com/images/new/palintea.jpg

WASHINGTON -- Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin lauded the virtues of the Constitution in her Tea Party Convention speech Saturday, but some of her claims appear markedly flawed. Reports over the weekend also challenged her account of recent history on national security and terrorism.

"The protections provided," Palin said, "we’re going to bestow them on a terrorist who hates our Constitution and wants to destroy our Constitution and our country? This makes no sense because we have a choice in how we’re going to deal with the terrorists."

But a 2008 Supreme Court ruling,Boumediene v. Bush (http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/06-1195.ZS.html), declared that alleged terrorists who aren't convicted of a crime -- irrespective of their citizenship -- have the constitutional right to have their case heard in federal court.
The case declared unconstitutional some of the Bush administration's decisions to strip rights from those who are designated enemy combatants by the Executive Branch.

Justice Anthony M. Kennedy said such actions fail to meet "the fundamental procedural protections of habeas corpus" guaranteed in the constitution, as the New York Times reported (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/washington/13scotus.html).

Referring to Christmas bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, Palin said "[T]here are questions we would have liked this foreign terrorist to answer because he lawyered up and invoked our U.S. Constitutional right to remain silent. Our U.S. Constitutional rights."

"He was questioned for only 50 minutes," she added. "We have a choice in how to do this. The choice was only question him for 50 minutes and then read his Miranda rights."

This too, appears to have been false.

Central to Palin's claim was that this approach is failing as Abdulmutallab has refused to cooperate with authorities. But an FBI official informed Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61169J20100202) last week that "Abdulmutallab is talking and has been talking since last week providing useful, actionable and current intelligence that we've been actively following up on."

FBI director Robert Mueller added that "Abdulmutallab has provided valuable information" without being subject to harsh techniques, as the liberal watchdog Media Mattersfirst noted (http://mediamatters.org/research/201002070017).

"He has been cooperating for days," one Obama administration official last week told the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/03/us/03terror.html), which confirmed that authorities were extracting important information form the suspect.

In her speech, Palin said, "There are questions that we would have liked answered before he lawyered up, like where exactly were you trained and by whom. You are bragging about all these other terrorists just like you, who are they? When and where will they try to strike next?"

Reports reveal that such information has also been obtained by authorities despite not breaking the law. The Associated Press found (http://www.trivalleycentral.com/articles/2010/01/26/casa_grande_dispatch/national_headlines/doc4b5dbdd8c24dc741480258.txt) that FBI agents interrogated Abdulmutallab in a hospital for "about an hour" with the following result:
The suspect spoke openly, said one official, talking in detail about what he’d done and the planning that went into the attack. Other counterterrorism officials speaking on condition of anonymity said it was during this questioning that he admitted he had been trained and instructed in the plot by al-Qaida operatives in Yemen.
Newsweek's Michael Isikoff delivered the same news (http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/declassified/archive/2010/01/22/did-u-s-intel-officials-mislead-congress-about-christmas-day-bombing.aspx):
The agents learned a wealth of information from Abdulmutallab about his connections to Al Qaeda; who he met with in Yemen; where he got the bomb that was sewn into his underwear; and "who trained him in Yemen." Added another official: "We got a lot of leads."
Palin also accused Obama of "politicizing our security" in part by using the word "war" insufficiently. "New terms used like 'overseas contingency operation' instead of the word 'war.' That reflects a world view that is out of touch with the enemy that we face."

However, the Obama administration regularly uses the word "war." Following the Christmas Day bombing, the president declared publicly (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/07/obama-review-revealed-significant-national-security-shortcomings/), "We are at war" -- clarifying, "we are at war with Al-Qaeda." In the State of the Union, the president reportedly said the word seven times (http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/01/obamas-sotu-clintonian-in-good-way.html).

Palin also appeared to suggest Obama's actions led to North Korea testing nuclear weapons.

"Our president spent a year reaching out to hostile regimes, writing personal letters to dangerous dictators and apologizing for America, and what do we have to show for that?" she said. "North Korea tested nuclear weapons and longer-range ballistic missiles."

But North Korea became recognized as a nuclear nation in October 2006, before Obama was elected president, when it tested its nuclear capabilities, as the New York Times points out (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/international/countriesandterritories/northkorea/nuclear_program/index.html).

========

She is and always will be stupid ignorant woman, just the kind asshole right-wingers love to support.

She's a good liar according to jack

clambake
02-08-2010, 01:32 PM
By drawing attention to what he freely shared, you are picking on one of WC's good character traits.

yep. its good to know who you're dealing with.

Winehole23
02-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Even if you're right, it's not exactly sporting to keep taking WC down for what he has revealed about himself on this board, when it's so easy to beat his arguments, and the personal foibles you mention are not really germane to the conversation.

clambake
02-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Even if you're right, it's not exactly sporting to keep taking WC down for what he has revealed about himself on this board, when it's so easy to beat his arguments, and the personal foibles you mention are not really germane to the conversation.

i think it should be directly related to the value of his opinion.

just an opinion.

Winehole23
02-08-2010, 01:56 PM
For my own part, I'm content to see WC kick his own ass everyday.

He doesn't need very much help from this board discrediting what he says, and you remind us often enough of the personal history, ok?

Winehole23
02-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Just an opinion.

clambake
02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
i'm too weak to stop.

see.....i just revealed something about myself.

Winehole23
02-08-2010, 02:08 PM
I understand the weakness, clambake. Believe me, it's one worth surmounting.

DarrinS
02-08-2010, 02:16 PM
LMAO at all the petty remarks about Palin's notes on her hand.

And I'm not a Palin fan.

Winehole23
02-08-2010, 02:22 PM
LMAO at all the petty remarks about Palin's notes on her hand.Higher praise would be pretty hard to imagine. You're the king of it here. :king

DarrinS
02-08-2010, 02:23 PM
LOL at people comparing the notes on her hand to Obama's teleprompter.

DDrX4_lsLKY

Winehole23
02-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Why don't you post another teleprompter for us? Surely you've got the link handy?

George Gervin's Afro
02-08-2010, 02:27 PM
LMAO at all the petty remarks about Obama's using a teleprompter.

And I'm not a Palin fan.

boutons_deux
02-08-2010, 02:30 PM
"petty remarks about Palin's notes on her hand."

sorta like Faux's "terrorist fist bump?, huh? :lol

DarrinS
02-08-2010, 02:42 PM
"petty remarks about Palin's notes on her hand."

sorta like Faux's "terrorist fist bump?, huh? :lol

That "terrorist fist bump" comment was retarded. Kinda like the comments about Palin's hand notes.

ChumpDumper
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Palin said enough stupid shit to not worry about the writing on the hand.

ElNono
02-08-2010, 02:56 PM
So, can we declare the Tea Party movement dead already? Can we consider this a successful hijack?

clambake
02-08-2010, 03:05 PM
I understand the weakness, clambake. Believe me, it's one worth surmounting.

you said it was a quality trait regarding wc.

not fair. personal foul......what is that, 10 or 15 yards?

xrayzebra
02-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Palin said enough stupid shit to not worry about the writing on the hand.

At least she can write. And give a speech without TOTUS.

I would bet most of you dumbass dimm-0-craps thought the Colts
were going to win yesterday........like your leader.

Not doubt about it, anyone running for office should beg: Please don't
support me.........kiss of death!:downspin:

Cry Havoc
02-08-2010, 03:10 PM
That "terrorist fist bump" comment was retarded. Kinda like the comments about Palin's hand notes.

I see what you did there.

Wild Cobra
02-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Hmmm....

All this time passed, and I haven't seen anyone making fun of Palin's method of notes, show they understand what she looked at her palm to say.

Typical...

Liberals making fun of the things their masters tell them to make fun of.

How about it...

Any of you making fun of her notes, know what she said after looking at her palm?

I do, and I think it is so moronic to make fun of her for it.

Wild Cobra
02-08-2010, 03:28 PM
were going to win yesterday........like your leader.

OMG...

You think maybe that's why they lost?

Winehole23
02-08-2010, 03:31 PM
you said it was a quality trait regarding wc.

not fair. personal foul......what is that, 10 or 15 yards?Texas Lawn Croquet. Game is played beverage in hand, drinking is enforced for rules violations.

Tardy? Drink. Miss your turn? Drink for not paying attention.

Out of turn? Pound a fully, lose your turn.

Drink for coaching, drink for bitching. Interfere with another ball or touch any wicket or stake with your mallet, lose your turn, replace your ball, pound a fully and refill your vessel promptly.

If one ball strikes another for any reason, players may shout SOCIAL! an invitation to common drinking. Participation is strictly optional, but strongly encouraged.

First things last: Addressing the ball without a beverage in hand is amerceable by drinking; striking the ball without a beverage in hand is punished by a pounding a fully, plus loss of turn.

George Gervin's Afro
Hmmm....

All this time passed, and I haven't seen anyone making fun of Palin's method of notes, show they understand what she looked at her palm to say.

Typical...

Liberals making fun of the things their masters tell them to make fun of.

How about it...

Any of you making fun of her notes, know what she said after looking at her palm?

I do, and I think it is so moronic to make fun of her for it.

So the teleprompter crap was just retarded criticisms from the oabam haters?

Winehole23
I'll take the drink for bitching, clambake. :lol

Winehole23
02-08-2010, 03:32 PM
(drinks leftover DeKoninck)

Winehole23
02-08-2010, 03:40 PM
There is no referee in Texas Lawn Croquet. All the players are referees.

Winehole23
02-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Drink for not drinking!

DarrinS
02-08-2010, 03:42 PM
So the teleprompter crap was just retarded criticisms from the oabam haters?

Have you ever seen someone give a PowerPoint presentation where all they do is read each and every slide?

/comparison of notes to teleprompter

clambake
02-08-2010, 03:51 PM
hmmm...playing a game WHILE drinking. i gotta try that.

ElNono
02-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Have you ever seen someone give a PowerPoint presentation where all they do is read each and every slide?

http://www.newsgroper.com/files/post_images/mission_accomplished.jpg

xrayzebra
02-08-2010, 04:28 PM
http://www.newsgroper.com/files/post_images/mission_accomplished.jpg

I don't remember that. I thought he had a flight suit on and
all he said was: "mission accomplished"

Well that is what the dimm-o-craps said........

EVAY
02-08-2010, 04:33 PM
I remember WISHING that Bush had used a teleprompter on more occasions than he did. That man could fracture the English language like no politician before or since until...Palin's addiction to run-on sentences.

ChumpDumper
02-08-2010, 06:57 PM
At least she can write. And give a speech without TOTUS.Yes, that's important. The most important issue of all time according to you.

were going to win yesterday........like your leader.I bet you did too. I didn't care enough to make a prediction.

Not doubt about it, anyone running for office should beg: Please don't
support me.........kiss of death!:downspin:All you care about is the scorecard, nothing else.

Understood.

spursncowboys
02-08-2010, 07:08 PM
LOL at people comparing the notes on her hand to Obama's teleprompter.

DDrX4_lsLKY
"If mitt romney had notes on his hand, wouldn't we take it pretty seriously?"

Winehole23
02-08-2010, 11:47 PM
I don't quite understand the insecurity that is reassured by writing seven words on the palm of your hand, but that's me.

Wild Cobra
02-09-2010, 12:16 AM
I don't quite understand the insecurity that is reassured by writing seven words on the palm of your hand, but that's me.
I wouldn't call it an insecurity, rather a note of what to try to interject into a question. I don't know about you, but I get nervous, and forget the simplest of things on the spotlight at times.

Why is this so controversial? I don't get it, other than a extremely weak reason to poke fun of her.

All I see are grade school bullies here. Can we move on to something more mature?

Marcus Bryant
02-09-2010, 12:25 AM
I guess Andrea Mitchell can extol the virtues of getting boned by Greenspan before the rest of us did. If there was ever a posterchild for the big govt-big business-big media menage a trois 'tis her.

Winehole23
02-09-2010, 12:35 AM
I guess Andrea Mitchell can extol the virtues of getting boned by Greenspan before the rest of us did.:rollin

Andrea Mitchell, I trust, had more fun getting diddled. Does she kiss and tell?