PDA

View Full Version : Camby- all-time empty stats king????

poop
02-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Marcus Camby has DPOY.

bruce bowen has none.

this is a guy who, to this day, ancient and injury prone, STILL is a top 2-3 rebounder in the NBA stats-wise...tons of blocks to his credit...when healthy hes ALWAYS among the league top 5 in both rebounds and blocks...has had a couple 20 rb games this year, old as he is...

and yet in all the years ive seen him in games IT NEVER SEEMS LIKE HE DOES ANYTHING. ive NEVER at ANY POINT gone 'damn that camby hes killing us!!!' or 'man that camby is awesome!!' ..i mean, i swear you dont even notice him out there on the floor, his teams are always mediocre, yet he STILL puts up these huge numbers.

have to say, when it comes to empty stats, marcus camby might be the all time king.

HarlemHeat37
02-07-2010, 12:17 AM
His DPOY was probably the worst decision of the awards history..Bowen and Duncan both clearly deserved it more..

Johnny RIngo
02-07-2010, 12:29 AM
What really bugs me about Camby winning DPOY is the fact that Duncan lead the league in Defensive Win Shares AND had the best Defensive Rtg that year. He was clearly robbed.

poop
02-07-2010, 12:31 AM
if Duncan were a Boston Celtic or Laker he would have like 2-3 DPOY already.

HarlemHeat37
02-07-2010, 12:32 AM
It's funny that KG got the DPOY the following year for anchoring an elite Boston D and didn't have the regular stats that a lot of DPOY guys usually have..while Duncan did that for an entire decade WITH the blocking stats and still couldn't get one..

poop
02-07-2010, 12:56 AM
It's funny that KG got the DPOY the following year for anchoring an elite Boston D and didn't have the regular stats that a lot of DPOY guys usually have..while Duncan did that for an entire decade WITH the blocking stats and still couldn't get one..

exactly. DPOY award has all the validity of a Grammy nowadays. Dwight Howard LMAO

crc21209
02-07-2010, 03:59 PM
DPOY award is a joke...

ChrisRichards
02-07-2010, 04:03 PM
DPOY award is a joke...
Agree. Cant believe Kobe was a 1st defense team the past several years.

redzero
02-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Hey, KG is a deserving DPOY. I have never seen anybody set moving screens like he does.