PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember when....

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Tony Parker had overtaken Tim Duncan as the best player on the Spurs and was in the conversation about who the best PG in the NBA was?

Cause I don't.

Muser
02-07-2010, 03:08 PM
The 2nd half of last season, you're welcome btw.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Odd timing thread since he just got back from injury and dropped 14/14/4 steals in 28 minutes with only 1 turnover on 50% shooting.

He did finish top 8 in MVP voting last year and has a finals MVP as well. Odd timing indeed.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Odd timing thread since he just got back from injury and dropped 14/14/4 steals in 28 minutes with only 1 turnover on 50% shooting.

He did finish top 8 in MVP voting last year and has a finals MVP as well. Odd timing indeed.

So you're saying he's the best player on the Spurs :lmao

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 03:12 PM
So you're saying he's the best player on the Spurs :lmao

Where did I say that?

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Where did I say that?

Idk, I just remember all this talk about how he's now the best player on the Spurs and is just as good as CP3 and D-Will, I'm wondering where it all went.

ChrisRichards
02-07-2010, 03:15 PM
cool story chaka khan

himat
02-07-2010, 03:15 PM
I have never been a big Tony Parker fan. Spurs fans always say he is great but I wouldn't even put him in my top 5 right now or 2 years back as far as PG's go.

I always felt that Ginobili was twice the player Tony Parker ever was.

ChrisRichards
02-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I have never been a big Tony Parker fan. Spurs fans always say he is great but I wouldn't even put him in my top 5 right now or 2 years back as far as PG's go.

yeah but eva longoria thinks tony parker it thrice the man manu is :toast

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Idk, I just remember all this talk about how he's now the best player on the Spurs and is just as good as CP3 and D-Will, I'm wondering where it all went.

He is the best offensive player, or at least carries the most offensive burden. He is certainly not better than CP3, but is definitely in the conversation for one of the top PG's in the NBA.

Trolling does not make that not true.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:17 PM

George Hill > Parker

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:18 PM
He is the best offensive player

:lmao

16.8 point per game is their best offensive player, they must really suck.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 03:18 PM

They do. What is your point?

Muser
02-07-2010, 03:19 PM
We need ducks in here.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:19 PM
He is certainly not better than CP3, but is definitely in the conversation for one of the top PG's in the NBA.

Paul, D-Will, D-Rose, Rondo, Nash, and Billups are all better.

badfish22
02-07-2010, 03:20 PM
last years playoffs...

Frank Lucas
They do. What is your point?

My point is that Duncan is the best offensive player on their team, and it's pretty obvious.

DPG21920
Paul, D-Will, D-Rose, Rondo, and Billups are all better.

No. Some might be playing better at the moment, but there is a difference in that and being a better player overall.

DPG21920
My point is that Duncan is the best offensive player on their team, and it's pretty obvious.

No. He is up there and is incredibly important, but TP carries the offense all around. He is struggling this year for various reasons.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:22 PM
No.

19.5 points on 52% shooting is worse offensively than 16.8 points on 48.7% shooting?

badfish22
02-07-2010, 03:22 PM
No. Some might be playing better at the moment, but there is a difference in that and being a better player overall.

I've agreed with everything you've said in this thread. But this........come on

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:23 PM
He is struggling this year for various reasons.

He's averaging 16.8 points on 48.7% shooting, he has career averages of 16.7 points on 49% shooting. That's not struggling, that's playing at your typical level.

ChrisRichards
02-07-2010, 03:23 PM
whats your point frank lucas

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:25 PM
whats your point frank lucas

My point is that Duncan is the best player on the Spurs, offensively and defensively, and in addition Parker is nowhere near the conversation of best point guards in the NBA.

DPG21920
19.5 points on 52% shooting is worse offensively than 16.8 points on 48.7% shooting?

No, but if you think that tells the story, then you are most certainly wrong. Stop trolling.

DPG21920
He's averaging 16.8 points on 48.7% shooting, he has career averages of 16.7 points on 49% shooting. That's not struggling, that's playing at your typical level.

No. Watch the games. He is struggling.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 03:26 PM
I've agreed with everything you've said in this thread. But this........come on

Those guys are not better than TP when all are playing their best. Not fair to judge TP when he has been battling a bad injury all year. Please present your arguments on how all of those guys are clearly better than TP.

himat
02-07-2010, 03:28 PM
He is the best offensive player, or at least carries the most offensive burden. He is certainly not better than CP3, but is definitely in the conversation for one of the top PG's in the NBA.

Trolling does not make that not true.

Sorry but I think I could name 5 maybe even 10 PG's that could make the Spurs better than Tony Parker.

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Brandon Roy (unless you consider him a SG)
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Derrick Rose
6. Rajon Rondo
7. Steve Nash

That's in no particular order, but I think at best Tony is a top 5.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:29 PM
No. Watch the games. He is struggling.

You're saying that based off one fluke career season (2008-2009), quit acting like that's how Parker has played his entire career.

himat
02-07-2010, 03:30 PM

Hell yes they are. All the players mentioned "overall" are superior on defense in comparison to Tony Parker. I am too lazy to show the pros and cons of each player but all the players mentioned would improve the Spurs if they were traded for Tony Parker.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Not fair to judge TP when he has been battling a bad injury all year.

It's also not fair to judge Parker based off one fluke career season.

himat
02-07-2010, 03:31 PM

He is not that good. Like I said before when Ginobili is healthy, Tony isn't even the best guard on his own team.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Hell yes they are. All the players mentioned "overall" are superior on defense in comparison to Tony Parker. I am too lazy to show the pros and cons of each player but all the players mentioned would improve the Spurs if they were traded for Tony Parker.

This is incredibly wrong. You lose all credibility when you even begin to say someone like Nash is any where close to TP on defense.

Muser
02-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Sorry but I think I could name 5 maybe even 10 PG's that could make the Spurs better than Tony Parker.

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Derrick Rose
6. Rajon Rondo
7. Steve Nash

Roy is a SG, Nash needs a gimmick system.

When they're both on their top game you could argue between billups and Parker.

I'd trade parker straight up for Rose/Williams/Paul.

Frank Lucas
The Bulls are 24-25 with Rose. They'd be nowhere near .500 with Parker instead of Rose.

DPG21920

Are you talking about the fluke season where he was a league leader in FG% or the one where he won finals MVP or where he finished in the top 10 in MVP voting? I cannot remember which "season" you are referring to.

himat
This is incredibly wrong. You lose all credibility when you even begin to say someone like Nash is any where close to TP on defense.

Sorry my bad. I was talking about the 5 PG's mentioned very early in the thread. (CP3, Deron, D Rose, Rondo, Chauncey):lol

My fault. There is no way Nash is better on defense.

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 03:33 PM

Well, he did average 22+ last season and carried a lousy Spurs team to 54 wins and averaged 28.6 points in the first round, including his 43 point outburst. To say Parker is not the Spurs' best offensive player is a downright lie. He has been hobbled most of the year and is just barely starting to look like his old self. And when you factor in all the new Spurs taking shots away from Parker, of course his numbers are going to drop.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 03:33 PM
The Bulls are 24-25 with Rose. They'd be nowhere near .500 with Parker instead of Rose.

So the Bulls have a losing record, and that is your argument.

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Are you talking about the fluke season where he was a league leader in FG% or the one where he won finals MVP or where he finished in the top 10 in MVP voting? I cannot remember which "season" you are referring to.

:owned

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Roy is a SG, Nash needs a gimmick system.

Yeah, like Parker isn't the product of a system at all.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Well, he did average 22+ last season and carried a lousy Spurs team to 54 wins

47 wins. he was injured for 10 games and they went 7-3 over that stretch.

DPG21920
Sorry my bad. I was talking about the 5 PG's mentioned very early in the thread. (CP3, Deron, D Rose, Rondo, Chauncey):lol

My fault. There is no way Nash is better on defense.

Those guys are not all better either. Rose is not a good defender, Billups is decent, Deron is decent. TP is on all of their level defensively. Rondo (although I don't think he is great) & CP3 (same thing) I would put ahead just because they are so good at gambling and ball-hawking.

Muser

Uhhh...?

Muser
02-07-2010, 03:36 PM
When it really matters (Playoffs) TP has been damn good defensively, Pop has even said this himself.

DPG21920
47 wins. he was injured for 10 games and they went 7-3 over that stretch.

So Rose can carry this years Bulls to a losing record. I would love to see what he could do in the West with Bonner/Mason/Finley all playing significant minutes.

I am sure he could get them to "47" wins as you would like to put it.

himat
Chauncey is way better than Tony Parker. Remember that before Chauncey was in Denver the Nuggets were a fringe playoff team. Do you think a Tony Parker led Nuggets team could have the second best record in the Western Conference and make it to the 6th game of the WCF against the Lakers last year?

Seriously answer that. Don't just say "yes he could."

Leetonidas

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Derrick Rose
6. Rajon Rondo
7. Steve Nash

1. Definitely
2. Definitely
3. Not a PG
4. Debatable, he isn't the scorer that Parker is and the Spurs' system is built around Parker being able to score at will.
5. No
6. Dude can't shoot for shit, hell no. The only reason he looks so good is because he's playing with 3 all-stars and a damn good center in Perkins.
7. FUCK no. We would be getting destroyed every night with that weak ass (lack of) defense.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:37 PM
So the Bulls have a losing record, and that is your argument.

My argument is that the Bulls would probably have half the wins they have with Parker instead of Rose.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 03:37 PM

Parker pretty much is the offensive system now :lol The "system" works because of TP's abilities, not the other way around.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:38 PM
So Rose can carry this years Bulls to a losing record. I would love to see what he could do in the West with Bonner/Mason/Finley all playing significant minutes.

Did you forget to mention the best PF of all time or was that coincidence.

DPG21920
My argument is that the Bulls would probably have half the wins they have with Parker instead of Rose.

See last year's Spurs.

badfish22
Those guys are not better than TP when all are playing their best. Not fair to judge TP when he has been battling a bad injury all year. Please present your arguments on how all of those guys are clearly better than TP.

Well I assume there is no argument on CP3 and Deron Williams.
Billups has been carrying the Nuggets and completely turned around that franchise since he got there. Hes also got the finals MVP that Parker has, if thats relevant at all.
Rondo impresses me every time I see him. A great passer, scorer and defender. To me, he is clearly a better overall point guard than Parker. He can score for himself and set others up. And he can switch between the two modes (scorer and passer) at will. I was watching one game and he had like 11 assist in the first half and then like 20 points in the second half.

The only argument for me is Rose vs. Parker. Even though Rose will clearly be the better player by as early as next year, for me Parker is better now.

PG rankings:
CP3
Deron Williams
Billups
Rondo
Nash
Parker
Kidd
Rose

himat
02-07-2010, 03:39 PM

Tony Parker's supporting cast is so much better than Rose's. Shut up. You mention Bonner and Finley and fail to mention one of the greatest players of all time (Tim Duncan).

You sound like a Lakers fan when an argument about Kobe vs. LeBron occurs. Kobe's supporting cast is clearly better, but Laker fans fail to accept that. And now you are saying the Spurs are not better than the Bulls as far as talent. Give me a break. The best scorer on the Bulls is John freaking Salmons.

DPG21920

You mean the one that had the entire second half of his season de-railed by PF? The injury that the best PF of all time said "crippled" him?

Leetonidas

...who broke down to basically a great role player by season's end? Did you forget that the Spurs' leading scorer from the previous year missed the majority of the season?

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Chauncey is way better than Tony Parker. Remember that before Chauncey was in Denver the Nuggets were a fringe playoff team. Do you think a Tony Parker led Nuggets team could have the second best record in the Western Conference and make it to the 6th game of the WCF against the Lakers last year?

That is laughable and why don't you ask your fellow Pistons fans if they agree. To say something like CB is way better does not merit a response imo.

Muser

Billups - 15.1 ppg, 5.6 apg, 1 spg .416 FG %

Parker - 16.7 ppg, 5.6 apg, 1 spg .490 FG%

And Billups is way better?

himat
Well I assume there is no argument on CP3 and Deron Williams.
Billups has been carrying the Nuggets and completely turned around that franchise since he got there. Hes also got the finals MVP that Parker has, if thats relevant at all.
Rondo impresses me every time I see him. A great passer, scorer and defender. To me, he is clearly a better overall point guard than Parker. He can score for himself and set others up. And he can switch between the two modes (scorer and passer) at will. I was watching one game and he had like 11 assist in the first half and then like 20 points in the second half.

The only argument for me is Rose vs. Parker. Even though Rose will clearly be the better player by as early as next year, for me Parker is better now.

PG rankings:
CP3
Deron Williams
Billups
Rondo
Nash
Parker
Kidd
Rose

Dude Rose schooled Tony Parker a couple weeks ago. He got to the rim at will. How can Spur fans forget that? I bet you I can find a highlight reel of that.

I usually never get in an argument with Spurs fans because for the most part they are not crazy homers like other teams' fan bases.

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 03:42 PM

That's a horrible take. If Parker can lead put his team on his back, take over and win tons of games basically by himself, and take a shitty Spurs team with a 50% Duncan and barely any Gino to the #3 seed, IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE, you don't think he could've taken Rose's Bulls, who barely were around .500, playing in the Eastern conference where only 3 teams were relevant, to a better record? You're seriously kidding yourself and it's quite obvious that you're an anti-Parker troll.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Tony Parker's supporting cast is so much better than Rose's. Shut up. You mention Bonner and Finley and fail to mention one of the greatest players of all time (Tim Duncan).

You sound like a Lakers fan when an argument about Kobe vs. LeBron occurs. Kobe's supporting cast is clearly better, but Laker fans fail to accept that. And now you are saying the Spurs are not better than the Bulls as far as talent. Give me a break. The best scorer on the Bulls is John freaking Salmons.

I thought is was Rose? Tim Duncan was a non-factor the entire 2nd half of the season.

Yes, the Spurs had Tim, but does that make up for starting Bonner & Mason? Then having Finley as your next most consistent player?

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Parker pretty much is the offensive system now :lol The "system" works because of TP's abilities, not the other way around.

Is that why they've gone 4-3 without him and in those 7 games George Hill put up point totals of 22, 11, 23, 17, 18, 18, and 15, good for an average of 17.7, which is more than Parker :lmao?

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Dude Rose schooled Tony Parker a couple weeks ago. He got to the rim at will. How can Spur fans forget that? I bet you I can find a highlight reel of that.

I usually never get in an argument with Spurs fans because for the most part they are not crazy homers like other teams' fan bases.

Should I post TP's numbers compared to Billups head-to-head? I assure you it is more domination that a one game sample size that you put up when Rose is beating a hobbled TP.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:44 PM

When you factor in defense, yes.

DPG21920
Is that why they've gone 4-3 without him and in those 7 games George Hill put up point totals of 22, 11, 23, 17, 18, 18, and 15, good for an average of 17.7, which is more than Parker :lmao?

You have the dumbest arguments known to man. Even for a troll.

himat

You should know its not all about stats. Is Marcus Camby a better defensive player than Tim Duncan? Because he averages almost 13 boards per game and over 2 blocks per game this season and a few seasons back he actually averaged over 3 blcoks per game.

And Chauncey is not way better, but he is better.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 03:45 PM
When you factor in defense, yes.

What an idiot.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 03:46 PM
You should know its not all about stats. Is Marcus Camby a better defensive player than Tim Duncan? Because he averages almost 13 boards per game and over 2 blocks per game this season and a few seasons back he actually averaged over 3 blcoks per game.

And Chauncey is not way better, but he is better.

No. Should I post TP vs. Billups head-to-head stats?

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
I am done here. I have already derailed this losers attempt to troll. Move onto the next team. Maybe LA. They don't have the fans that will make you look like an idiot.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:48 PM
You have the dumbest arguments known to man. Even for a troll.

So you're saying Parker isn't the product of a system when his backup averages more PPG as the starting PG than he does?

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:50 PM
I am done here. I have already derailed this losers attempt to troll. Move onto the next team. Maybe LA. They don't have the fans that will make you look like an idiot.

You have yet to derail my irrefutable argument about George Hill being a better starting PG than Parker.

Muser
Frank Lucas sounds like retarded spur fan thinking Hill > Parker.

himat
1. Definitely
2. Definitely
3. Not a PG
4. Debatable, he isn't the scorer that Parker is and the Spurs' system is built around Parker being able to score at will.
5. No
6. Dude can't shoot for shit, hell no. The only reason he looks so good is because he's playing with 3 all-stars and a damn good center in Perkins.
7. FUCK no. We would be getting destroyed every night with that weak ass (lack of) defense.

At least you back up 5 and 6, but just a "no" to Derrick Rose? He made the all star game for a reason this year. The Bulls started off very slow so maybe that skews your judgment but just watch the kid play. He takes over games with his drives to the basket.

The main argument for Tony Parker being an elite PG is his speed and his ability to get to the basket. Derrick Rose might be just as good as Tony Parker in that category already.

I agree with Nash. I am not a big fan of his either. Just wanted to prove my point. :lol

But Rondo vs Parker is pretty debatable. Both have similar offensive games. (Poor shooters but superior drivers), but I think that Rondo is way better on defense.

Muser
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
To say Parker is a poor shooter is retarded, have you watched Spurs games the last year and a half?

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
:lmao saying Rondo is only good because he plays with 3 all stars. Allen and KG have been far from all stars this year.

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
So you're saying Parker isn't the product of a system when his backup averages more PPG as the starting PG than he does?

Why do you consistently overlook the fact that Parker has been injured all year? I notice you haven't responded to any of my posts because they totally shit on yours. And, OMFG, Hill averages a whopping .9 more points than Parker when he starts. Too small of a sample size anyway. Did you think maybe if Hill was injured and Parker had to play more that he would probably be scoring more too?

himat
02-07-2010, 03:53 PM
No. Should I post TP vs. Billups head-to-head stats?

Whatever post the stats, but hopefully Spurs drop to the 7th seed so we can see Chauncey abuse Tony Parker.

But let me guess he is injured right now right??? He will be worn out by playoff time.

But remember that injuries are a part of the game. If a player is injury prone a less superior player can be better than him because at least he plays for his team on gameday.

I don't think Tony Parker could lead his team past the Lakers like Chauncey did a couple days ago without his best teammate. (Denver had no Melo so SA would have no Tim Duncan).

Post the stats though. I am curious.

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 03:53 PM
At least you back up 5 and 6, but just a "no" to Derrick Rose? He made the all star game for a reason this year. The Bulls started off very slow so maybe that skews your judgment but just watch the kid play. He takes over games with his drives to the basket.

The main argument for Tony Parker being an elite PG is his speed and his ability to get to the basket. Derrick Rose might be just as good as Tony Parker in that category already.

I agree with Nash. I am not a big fan of his either. Just wanted to prove my point. :lol

But Rondo vs Parker is pretty debatable. Both have similar offensive games. (Poor shooters but superior drivers), but I think that Rondo is way better on defense.

I agree that Rose is a great PG and he will eventually be better than Parker but as of right now, I would definitely take Parker over Rose if they're both 100%.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Why do you consistently overlook the fact that Parker has been injured all year? I notice you haven't responded to any of my posts because they totally shit on yours. And, OMFG, Hill averages a whopping .9 more points than Parker when he starts. Too small of a sample size anyway. Did you think maybe if Hill was injured and Parker had to play more that he would probably be scoring more too?

If Parker is one of the best PG's in the NBA and the best offensive player on his team, his backup shouldn't be able to match his production when he fills for him as the starter, let alone average more points than he does.

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Probably because he's been injured all year. The last 5 games or so before he hurt his ankle he was looking good and averaging 20+.

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 03:58 PM
You can say whatever you want, but George Hill is not a PG. The only reason he plays backup PG is because the Spurs' system doesn't require a true pass-first PG with Tony out and he is 6'3" and oh yeah, they have no one else and Mason fucking sucks ass. Scoring more points in a couple games doesn't make Hill a better PG than Parker, it means that with Parker's 17 points absent, George was able to play more and have more opportunities to score.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Probably because he's been injured all year. The last 5 games or so before he hurt his ankle he was looking good and averaging 20+.

:lmao so the only games that count are the only games when he plays well

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Speaking of which, you suck at trolling, at least TRY. You're constantly flip flopping, only answering small sections of posts and completely ignoring everything else. First it was Tony Parker isn't a top 5 PG, then it was Derrick Rose is better and Parker couldn't lead the Bulls to a better record, and now it's George Hill is better than Parker. You fail.

Frank Lucas
You can say whatever you want, but George Hill is not a PG. The only reason he plays backup PG is because the Spurs' system doesn't require a true pass-first PG with Tony out and he is 6'3" and oh yeah, they have no one else and Mason fucking sucks ass. Scoring more points in a couple games doesn't make Hill a better PG than Parker, it means that with Parker's 17 points absent, George was able to play more and have more opportunities to score.

He was able to replace Parker's production. Plain and simple.

Leetonidas
:lmao so the only games that count are the only games when he plays well

Which is exactly what you're doing with George Hill, genius. :rolleyes

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 04:01 PM
He was able to replace Parker's production. Plain and simple.

In the points category? Yes. But overall? Hell no. If you put this year's George Hill in place of Parker last year, the Spurs probably miss the playoffs.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Speaking of which, you suck at trolling, at least TRY. You're constantly flip flopping, only answering small sections of posts and completely ignoring everything else. First it was Tony Parker isn't a top 5 PG, then it was Derrick Rose is better and Parker couldn't lead the Bulls to a better record, and now it's George Hill is better than Parker. You fail.

Never said George Hill was better than Parker. The other two arguments are the same thing, Rose is a top 5 PG, Parker isn't, therefore, Rose > Parker.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 04:02 PM
In the points category? Yes. But overall? Hell no. If you put this year's George Hill in place of Parker last year, the Spurs probably miss the playoffs.

When you put last year's George Hill in place of Parker last year, they went 7-3.

himat
02-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Look I just think that Tony Parker at best is a top 5 PG, but like you guys have mentioned he is hurt sometimes. But that's not anyone else's fault and that makes him at times not a top PG.

So to me that makes him an All Star caliber PG, not an elite PG. But why the hell does my opinion matter right?:lol

JJ Hickson
02-07-2010, 04:04 PM

Speaking of odd timing, how's the puberty coming? Have you finally hit it yet? It must suck having the voice of a 12 year old girl this late in life.

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 04:04 PM
When you put last year's George Hill in place of Parker last year, they went 7-3.

Small sample size. Just like that year that Ray Allen got injured for the Sonics and Flip Murray filled in and they had a good record while Murray averaged 20+ or whatever it was. But does anyone in their right mind think that Murray > Allen? Exactly. What about when the Hornets were sucking early on then Paul got injured and Collison started getting them wins? Do you think the Collison > Paul too?

Muser
02-07-2010, 04:06 PM

Odom replaced Kobe last night and the Lakers won in Portland for the first time in 5 years!! Holy shit Odom > Kobe!

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Small sample size. Just like that year that Ray Allen got injured for the Sonics and Flip Murray filled in and they had a good record while Murray averaged 20+ or whatever it was. But does anyone in their right mind think that Murray > Allen? Exactly. What about when the Hornets were sucking early on then Paul got injured and Collison started getting them wins? Do you think the Collison > Paul too?

I think Chris Paul getting injured allowed other players on the team to get some touches and in addition showed that CP3 is a tad overrated. And once again, I never said Hill > Parker, that argument was meant to show how Parker is the product of a system.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Whatever post the stats, but hopefully Spurs drop to the 7th seed so we can see Chauncey abuse Tony Parker.

But let me guess he is injured right now right??? He will be worn out by playoff time.

But remember that injuries are a part of the game. If a player is injury prone a less superior player can be better than him because at least he plays for his team on gameday.

I don't think Tony Parker could lead his team past the Lakers like Chauncey did a couple days ago without his best teammate. (Denver had no Melo so SA would have no Tim Duncan).

Post the stats though. I am curious.

You don't really ever see Billups abuse Parker, especially not recently. If Billups is so great, why did DET trade him? Why do the vast majority of your fan base say they feared TP because no one could stop him?

TP lead his team last year to the same record as Denver with Billups and that was with a hobbled TD and Bonner/Mason/Finley all playing significant minutes.

I don't care if he is injured right now, the fact is that TP has overwhelmingly out played Billups overall and head-to-head in recent years.

Huh? Parker has guarded him over the years more than 90% of the time. Bowen defended him sometimes late in games. I'm not sure where you get that about Manu ... maybe Manu has played like 1% of the time against Billups when Parker is on the bench and the shooting guard is a worse matchup. In the 2005 Finals, the matchups were almost always Parker on Billups, Bowen on Rip and Manu on Prince.

And in recent games, Parker has done very good work defensively against Billups. In their last eight matchups, Billups has shot 4-for-10, 5-for-13, 3-for-12, 3-for-10, 3-for-10, 7-for-17, 4-for-14 and 6-for-17 for a total of 35-for-103 (33.9%). Parker used to have trouble with Billups but he's figured him out in recent years.

If Parker ever played defense on Billups as bad as Hill played today, there'd be about 15 "Trade Parker" threads.

Muser
02-07-2010, 04:11 PM
And in recent games, Parker has done very good work defensively against Billups. In their last eight matchups, Billups has shot 4-for-10, 5-for-13, 3-for-12, 3-for-10, 3-for-10, 7-for-17, 4-for-14 and 6-for-17 for a total of 35-for-103 (33.9%). Parker used to have trouble with Billups but he's figured him out in recent years.

Damn, Billups has been TP's bitch.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Speaking of odd timing, how's the puberty coming? Have you finally hit it yet? It must suck having the voice of a 12 year old girl this late in life.

I cannot control the voice God gave me, but how do you explain being such a retarded bitch?

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Which is exactly what you're doing with George Hill, genius. :rolleyes

No, I'm only talking about games when George Hill replaced Parker. I didn't only include games when George Hill scored 20 or more points.

HarlemHeat37
02-07-2010, 04:16 PM
The JJ Hickson troll is also a proven racist..classless POS..

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Trolls are the most bitch made thing you can do. Especially if you are a guy. Who gets on the internet and post stupid shit under multiple names? Unless you are being funny, trolling is about as lame as lying about sleeping with a girl. Which Hickson and Frank clearly have not done.

Unless they get girls drunk on "jungle juice".

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 04:39 PM
No, I'm only talking about games when George Hill replaced Parker. I didn't only include games when George Hill scored 20 or more points.

Those games are the most important because it shows how TP put the team on his back after TD was a shell of his former self and Manu was out for the season.

Nash2TimeMVp
02-07-2010, 04:40 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I laugh at all the delusional spur fans that nuthug all over parker thinking he is a top pg in the league. he's nothing without tim, who was the real mvp of the 2007 finals. parker is an undersized shooting guard whose best asset is his ability to finish at the rim, that's it (his shot and his form is horrid by the way). also i laugh at all the spurs fans celebrating his career high in assists last night LMAO 14 assists being close to his all time best wooooow so amazing that is so high for a top PG. please don't make me laugh. TP is nothing without the spurs or tim duncan and is second fiddle and can score because of pops system and tim clearing the paint for him.

lol one can only look at and laugh at spur fans for holding parker in such high regard.

also ginobili when healthy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> parker. better scorer, passer

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 04:42 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I laugh at all the delusional spur fans that nuthug all over parker thinking he is a top pg in the league. he's nothing without tim, who was the real mvp of the 2007 finals. parker is an undersized shooting guard whose best asset is his ability to finish at the rim, that's it (his shot and his form is horrid by the way). also i laugh at all the spurs fans celebrating his career high in assists last night LMAO 14 assists being close to his all time best wooooow so amazing that is so high for a top PG. please don't make me laugh. TP is nothing without the spurs or tim duncan and is second fiddle and can score because of pops system and tim clearing the paint for him.

lol one can only look at and laugh at spur fans for holding parker in such high regard.

also ginobili when healthy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> parker. better scorer, passer

How many Finals MVPs and rings does Nash have? And legitimate MVPs? Oh right...

And who constantly DESTROYED Nash everytime they met in the playoffs? Oh yeah...

JJ Hickson
02-07-2010, 04:42 PM
The JJ Hickson troll is also a proven racist..classless POS..

:lol Great success. You still mad that I called you out for being a bandwagon Spurfan from New York? :rollinYour tactic of calling me names in an attempt to divert attention away from that fact only makes you look more guilty. It's okay though son. Don't feel bad. I understand that jumping onto a bandwagon of a successful team brings a sense of accomplishment to your otherwise failure and poverty stricken life.

Trolls are the most bitch made thing you can do. Especially if you are a guy. Who gets on the internet and post stupid shit under multiple names? Unless you are being funny, trolling is about as lame as lying about sleeping with a girl. Which Hickson and Frank clearly have not done.

Unless they get girls drunk on "jungle juice".

You're getting very emotional aren't you? Your sensitivity, mood swings along with your feminine voice leads me to believe you may have a testosterone deficiency. You might want to get that checked out.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 04:50 PM

You're getting very emotional aren't you? Your sensitivity, mood swings along with your feminine voice leads me to believe you may have a testosterone deficiency. You might want to get that checked out.

Just because you say incredibly unoriginal throw away lines does not make you funny. Please stop trying so hard to be cool. You either are or you are not. In your case, you are rapidly leaving "not cool" and approaching "fucking moron" status.

Nash2TimeMVp
02-07-2010, 04:54 PM

And who constantly DESTROYED Nash everytime they met in the playoffs? Oh yeah...

legimate mvps? hahah spurs fans think they are judges of which mvps are legit and which are not, when parkers own finals mvp is the biggest mockery of that award. the real finals mvp in the 2007 was tim duncan. tell me would the spurs have gotten to that finals or even won it if tim ducnan wasn't there or parker? obvious answer is that they wouldn't even had that oppurutnity if tim wasn't there. he allowed everyone else to play better and made it easier, because teams focused on him the most. tim was the most crucial and most valuable player to the spurs and will always will be, without him the spurs would tank every season.

oh and parkers 3 rings. hmmm i guess parker was the driving force in 2003, 2005, and 2007, without him i don't see the spurs winning any of those ships. nope i guess if you switch nash with parker the spurs would have lost yup......sike lol please shut up about those three rings and giving leverage to parker with those three rings in debates of which point guards are better, those three rings were a product of tim duncan and the spurs system which was built around tim duncan. sorry. i'd like to see parker average nash's offensive numbers. spur fans base there parker arguments on how such a great offensive player he is, but i'd like to see him average nash's number just once, heck just in a month he can't. and who guarded nash in the playoffs and when the spurs played phoenix? bruce bowen that's who. parker can't contain nash's offensive capabilities which far surpass parkers.

Muser
02-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Does anyone remember when trolls were funny?

Nash2TimeMVp
02-07-2010, 04:58 PM
it's not supposed to be funny, it's the truth, what's funny are the spurs fans delusional mindsets abouttony parker.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 04:59 PM
it's not supposed to be funny, it's the truth, what's funny are the spurs fans delusional mindsets abouttony parker.

:lmao Spurs fans. Too delusional to realize the other 29 fan bases in the NBA think Rose is better than Parker.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 05:00 PM

:lmao I didn't know you chose which MVP's counted or not.

Muser
02-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Cool, why not say it on your normal names?

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 05:04 PM

I remember that about as well as I remember the talk of Parker being the best player on the Spurs.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 05:07 PM
I remember that about as well as I remember the talk of Parker being the best player on the Spurs.

You are bitch made. What a butt hurt douche to start a thread like this out of no where :lol

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 05:09 PM
You are bitch made. What a butt hurt douche to start a thread like this out of no where :lol

lol thinking I'm butt hurt. This thread is hilarious. The amount of enraged Spurs fans in it is hilarious.

JJ Hickson
02-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Interesting how I am so unoriginal yet you get successfully trolled by me every time. So much that you respond to my posts whenever you see them and bring me up when I'm not even around and in threads I didn't even post in. :lol That shows you how much I'm in your head son. You are my bitch. Also nice attempt to deflect and not respond to anything I actually said to you. Maybe jumping in for DPG will get you more spurfan e-cred and everyone will forget that you are a bandwagoner from NYC.

mSxnieYctVM

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 05:17 PM
lol Jungle Juice Hickson tearing this thread up.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 05:22 PM
lol thinking I'm butt hurt. This thread is hilarious. The amount of enraged Spurs fans in it is hilarious.

I think you misstate the emotion. No one is enraged, or at least not me, but annoyed.

The Spurs suck and we have no shot at a title, so dealing with tards all day gets old.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 05:26 PM
I think you misstate the emotion. No one is enraged, or at least not me, but annoyed.

The Spurs suck and we have no shot at a title, so dealing with tards all day gets old.

You're calling me retarded when you're the one saying Parker > Duncan offensively.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 05:53 PM
You're calling me retarded when you're the one saying Parker > Duncan offensively.

Yes. Also, that is not what I said exactly. So you are extra retarded.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 06:26 PM

Then what'd you say?

mystargtr34
02-07-2010, 07:43 PM

Kobe is a career 25.3 PPG at .455%. Is that his typical level?

mystargtr34
02-07-2010, 07:55 PM

Im interested in those H2H stats. Please.

mystargtr34
02-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Ill compare some PER 36 minute numbers... A knock on Tony is that he doesnt put up great numbers like the other elite PG's, mainly Nash, Paul and Deron. There's two reasons for this, one is Pop is reluctant to play anyone more than 32 minutes during the regular season, and Tony has never exceeded 34 in his career (maybe once?). Second, the Spurs have always played one of the 2 or 3 slowest paces in the league, meaning there is less possessions and stats. The Per 36 minute numbers adjust for the first reason, but not the second.

Anyway, Tony's numbers from the last 5 seasons.

20.0 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 6.1 APG, .548% FG, 3.3 TO
20.6 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 6.1 APG, .520% FG, 2.8 TO
20.2 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 6.4 APG, .494% FG, 2.6 TO
23.2 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 7.3 APG, .506% FG, 3.0 TO
18.9 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 6.7 APG, .487% FG, 3.0 TO

Derrick Rose 19.5 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 5.7 APG, .470% FG, 2.8 TO

So even though people are making threads, and talking about Tony's drop in production this season, even on a national level - he still has better number's than Derrick Rose. And if you want to compare a healthy Tony from last season, he blows Derrick Rose out.

Chauncey Billups 21.2 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 6.6 APG, .423 FG%, 2.6 TO

Chauncey is having a career year in terms of scoring. Yet despite his down year, Tony has very similar statistics.

Ill throw in Deron's and Paul's numbers from their best seasons.

Deron - 19.0 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 10.4 APG, .471% FG, 3.3 TO

Paul - 21.4 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 10.3 APG, .503% FG, 2.3 TO

These two are the only two guys who are clearly better than Parker - 90% of Spurfans will tell you that.

At the end of the day these are just stats. The dude is a 3-time champion and has a Finals MVP, which is what matters.

duhoh
02-07-2010, 09:05 PM
lol new york fan thinking that hill is a starter for a non-bottom feeding team.

hill is good, but he's not there yet.

yet.

hitmanyr2k
02-07-2010, 09:12 PM

Actually Nash's MVPs were very much earned. You put Tony Parker on that 2006 Suns team and they're in the lottery. Nash took a Suns team that was held together by chewing gum and scotch tape to the Western Conference Finals and was very competitive with the Mavs. That's MVP material in my book.

Also Parker never destroyed Nash in the playoffs. Nash was putting up 25 points and 10 assists and shooting a ridiculously high percentage in the 2005 WCF. Shawn Marion was the one who pulled a Houdini and got destroyed by Ginobili in that series. And the Spurs had such a high respect for Nash's abilities Parker wasn't even guarding Nash a lot of the time in those playoff series. It was Bowen.

Also, it's nice to point to Parker's 3 rings and all but honestly 2007 was the first time Parker ever completed a title run without having his point guard duties stripped from him as a result of choking. In 2003 the Spurs turned to Speedy Claxton. In 2005 when Billups was eating Parker's lunch they not only put Bowen on Biillups they stripped Parker of his PG duties and had Ginobili and Brent Barry doing the honors. So yeah, Parker has 3 rings but it wasn't like he was dominating the competition out there.

himat
02-07-2010, 11:38 PM
You guys have got to be kidding me...Are you honestly saying that you would not rather have Chauncey playing with Tim Duncan and Ginobili and company right now for a run at a championship right now.

The only thing Tony Parker is better at than Chauncey is finding a way into the paint. Chauncey is the better shooter, better distributor, better ball handler, better defender, better post player, and the player with more poise. The reason Chauncey struggled at times against the Spurs was because a DPOY (Bruce Bowen) candidate was on him most of the time. When he was wasn't Chauncey continually took the smaller guards like Beno and Tony Parker inside at will.

Chauncey had such a good series in the 05 Finals that the announcers were talking about him having a chance at Finals MVP even though we lost.

Tony Parker is an all star caliber point guard at best. Nothing more. He is only superior at driving to the basket. He is an average shooter, an average distributor (for a PG), and an average defender at best.

Get the hell out of here. Again you guys sound like Lakers fans when they say Kobe doesn't have a better supporting cast than LeBron. Do you honestly think that having the best PF of all time on the team doesn't give Tony Parker a **** load of more opportunities? Get real here.

Ginobili, when healthy, is scarier than Tony Parker will ever be. Same goes for Chauncey, D Rose, Rajon Rondo (the guy is a great rebounder and defender for his size, Chris Paul, and Deron Williams.

You guys are seriously delusional. Sometimes its not about the stats. Like I said before, I usually root for you guys but this argument makes me hope you guys drop to the 7th seed, so you can actually see a good PG abuse Tony Parker.

Tim Duncan is half the reason why Tony Parker gets all of his stats.

himat
02-07-2010, 11:43 PM
You guys keep pulling out these stats when you fail to realize that a bigger aspect of the game is leading a team. Tony Parker isn't the best player on his team. Hell he isn't even the second best player on his team (Ginobili is).

Steve Nash, for all his failures on defense, lead his Suns team.

Chauncey Billups, not Carmello, is the true leader of the Nuggets team that is currently 2nd in the Western Conference.

Derrick Rose was the leader of that Bulls team that almost upset the former world champs...as a ROOKIE.

Chris Paul is the leader of the Hornets franchise.

Deron Williams is the leader of the Utah Jazz.

Hell even Rajon Rondo might be the leader of the Celtics now the way the Big Three are deteriorating before our ways.

Tony Parker plays 3rd fiddle on his team. I don't know if he is good enough to accomplish what these other PG's have done on less talented teams. And don't give me this Bonner, Finley, scrub crap. You guys won 4 championship for a reason. Again give me a break.

DJB
02-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Pink this man one time.

FkLA
02-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Parker is not TOP 5...you'd be a fool not to take Deron, CP3, Rondo, Billups, and Nash before him. Rose is arguable, although honestly Id still take Parker over him at this point in time. Also Parker is a bad shooter and a bad defender especially this season, kind of dumb to knock Rondo and Nash about those things when Parker has those struggles as well. I never agreed with the notion that this was Parker's team last season, this team always has been and always will be #21's as long as he's playing because to me being the best player on the team entails that you have the biggest overall impact...the defense even while hobbled still depended alot on TD and he was still a significant part of the offense last year. As for this season, its clear that its Tim Duncan's team.

Leetonidas
02-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Actually Nash's MVPs were very much earned. You put Tony Parker on that 2006 Suns team and they're in the lottery. Nash took a Suns team that was held together by chewing gum and scotch tape to the Western Conference Finals and was very competitive with the Mavs. That's MVP material in my book.

Also Parker never destroyed Nash in the playoffs. Nash was putting up 25 points and 10 assists and shooting a ridiculously high percentage in the 2005 WCF. Shawn Marion was the one who pulled a Houdini and got destroyed by Ginobili in that series. And the Spurs had such a high respect for Nash's abilities Parker wasn't even guarding Nash a lot of the time in those playoff series. It was Bowen.

Also, it's nice to point to Parker's 3 rings and all but honestly 2007 was the first time Parker ever completed a title run without having his point guard duties stripped from him as a result of choking. In 2003 the Spurs turned to Speedy Claxton. In 2005 when Billups was eating Parker's lunch they not only put Bowen on Biillups they stripped Parker of his PG duties and had Ginobili and Brent Barry doing the honors. So yeah, Parker has 3 rings but it wasn't like he was dominating the competition out there.

Thanks for taking my bait man, although I wasn't aiming for a Rockets fan.

TD 21
02-08-2010, 01:32 AM

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Derrick Rose
6. Rajon Rondo
7. Steve Nash

If we're calling Roy a PG, then we're calling James, Wade and Bryant PG's too because, they're all de facto PG's. I wouldn't even call Evans a PG, even though the Kings are pretending he is.

I love how Rose, on the basis of two good months and the fact that he projects to be better than Parker, is automatically placed ahead of him by many it seems. Let's just forget Parker playing out of his mind in the second half of last season, the Finals MVP, years of steady play in which he's increasingly gotten better, etc.

Rondo is a better all around player, but until he can at least not be a liability as a jump shooter and show that he can carry his team on his back for an extended stretch (and no, he has not done this yet), I don't see how he can be placed ahead of Parker.

Paul and Williams, I'd definitely put ahead of Parker. Billups and Nash, there's certainly an argument for, but Parker is at worst the fifth best PG in the league. Billups is simply having a career year though. I doubt he keeps up this current level of play. I actually think he's been overrated the past few seasons and now that he's having an outstanding season people are pretending like he's played at this level all along. Not true.

However you order them, it's clear that those are the top seven PG's in the league.

spursfan09
02-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Damn this is random. It's like people were just waiting for TP to consistently play below his usual level so they could rag on him. Anyway, this isn't TP's best season. He's injured and tired right now. For a while there he was considered the Spurs best player. Don't really care when people say TD>>>>>>TP, because shit, they're both on our team anyway. And I know people like to have the TP vs any other pg in the leauge argument, but the truth is alot of pgs have bigger names, but TP has always held his own against the other pgs in the leauge. The only one who ever gave him consistent trouble was Marbury, and well he's not even relevant anymore.

Frank Lucas
02-08-2010, 11:21 AM
lol how many retarded Parker fans have come in this thread and said "You can't judge Parker for this season, 2008-2009 is the only season that matters" :lmao:lmao:lmao

spursfan09
02-08-2010, 11:38 AM
lol you retarded anti parker fans judging him based on this season alone. How covenient.

Frank Lucas
02-08-2010, 11:40 AM
lol you retarded anti parker fans judging him based on this season alone. How covenient.

This season his numbers are nearly identical to his career numbers. I'm judging him by his career numbers, you're judging him by one fluke career season.

Killakobe81
02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I for one never bought this argument ...TP was great in the Finals and even started last year on fire ...
BUT ANYONE who thinks TP HAS EVER been the MVP, or better player or more key to Spurs title hopes or the rings you guys have ... are idiots ...
TP is a border-line All-star PG
TIM is still the best big man in the NBA ...

spursfan09
02-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I for one never bought this argument ...TP was great in the Finals and even started last year on fire ...
BUT ANYONE who thinks TP HAS EVER been the MVP, or better player or more key to Spurs title hopes or the rings you guys have ... are idiots ...
TP is a border-line All-star PG
TIM is still the best big man in the NBA ...

I agree TD is >>>> than TP. especially this season. Not much to say for TP except that he has not been himself. Not the same speed, and he's obviously hurt and tired.

spursfan09
02-08-2010, 01:32 PM
This season his numbers are nearly identical to his career numbers. I'm judging him by his career numbers, you're judging him by one fluke career season.

No, if you followed him, you know that he's not himself this season. Not my fault you don't watch tp enough.

Frank Lucas
02-12-2010, 06:13 PM
No. He is up there and is incredibly important, but TP carries the offense all around.

Yeah I agree, them dropping 111 on Denver last night was all him.

DPG21920
02-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah I agree, them dropping 111 on Denver last night was all him.

Told you that you were butt hurt. Frank "Cumguzzler" Lucas.

Frank Lucas
02-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Told you that you were butt hurt. Frank "Cumguzzler" Lucas.

ROFL why would i be butthurt? Last night proved my point even more.

DPG21920
02-12-2010, 06:18 PM
*Gargle**Gargle********Gargle

Frank Lucas
02-12-2010, 06:19 PM
I can't counter the point Frank Lucas is trying to make so I'll change something he said in hopes of changing the subject

Frank Lucas
02-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm not gonna post in this thread anymore cause I have no way of explaining how the Spurs score 111 points without the player who does "everything" for them on offense

DPG21920
02-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Lakers are rolling teams without Kobe, so Derrick Rose>Kobe because his team is mediocre in the East.

Frank Lucas
02-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Lol resorting to strawman arguments because your favorite player is overrated and you're butt hurt about it.

DPG21920
02-12-2010, 06:47 PM
I resort to strawman arguments because I don't have a point and I am butt hurt about it.

Frank Lucas
02-12-2010, 06:48 PM
How was I resorting to a stawman argument?

ClippersDynasty
02-12-2010, 06:54 PM
And in Tony Parkers fluke career year last year the Spurs managed to get all the way to, a first round exit and one fucking playoffs victory :lmao

jcrod
02-12-2010, 08:05 PM
And in Tony Parkers fluke career year last year the Spurs managed to get all the way to, a first round exit and one fucking playoffs victory :lmao

Yeah because all the other PG's would've done better with a team consisting of
Mason
Finley
Bonner
Duncan - Hobbled by knee all year

This was his team last yr and took them to 54 wins. Manu was hurt all yr, Bowen, Ime and Kurt Thomas coming off the bench. Yeah, but he sucks.

Clipper and Knick fan, do you have a PG that's better? Yeah no one, at least this team has someone who we can put in the argument as top PG. There were numerous articles outside SA that were writing about TP. But yeah we're homers.

Frank Lucas
02-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Clipper and Knick fan, do you have a PG that's better? Yeah no one, at least this team has someone who we can put in the argument as top PG. There were numerous articles outside SA that were writing about TP. But yeah we're homers.

Baron Davis > Tony Parker, but no my Knicks don't have anyone better.

ClippersDynasty
02-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Baron Davis > Tony Parker

True that.

J_Paco
02-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Baron Davis > Tony Parker

True that.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rolleyes:rolleyes

Please, didn't a hobbled and returning from injury Tony Parker destroy that chucker last week.

Frank Lucas
03-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Parker gets injured, the Spurs go on a roll. Big fuckin surprise.

DPG21920
03-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Parker gets injured, the Spurs go on a roll. Big fuckin surprise.

They were rolling with Parker, beatin +500 teams.

Also, I though Caron would not add toughness to the Mavs :lmao

FkLA
03-17-2010, 01:09 AM
Trade Tony Longoria for a star big man. Hill is ready to take the reins.

TheSullyMonster
03-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Trade Tony Longoria for a star big man. Hill is ready to take the reins.

I'd do it.

Especially if Manu stays healthy and playing the way he is.

sonic21
03-17-2010, 08:45 AM
^

i'd do it too if hill become a PG :tu