PDA

View Full Version : Who's better: Parker or Rose?

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 04:09 PM
This isn't even a debate but Spurfan thinks otherwise. Poll coming.

ChrisRichards
02-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Tony Parker easily. Rose is the better talent though. Dont get it mixed up.

Muser
02-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Tony right now, Rose has the higher ceiling.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 04:13 PM
LOL at this butthurt troll starting multiple threads because he looked like a dumb shit.

Frank Lucas

Right now? :lmao

DPG21920

Still dumb.

ChrisRichards
Stop being a roll

Leetonidas

ChrisRichards
02-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Lol

Leetonidas
I wonder how many points Parker would average on a team where he was far and away the best player and surrounded by mediocre talent...

Well, last year he was at 22.8, and that was with Ginobili for half a season and a functioning Duncan for half. I'd like to see a breakdown of Parker's stats in the final 41 games of last year.

Frank Lucas
Remind me which one was voted in to the AS game by the coaches this year...

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Remind me which one was voted in to the AS game by the coaches this year...

Wake me up when he is in the MVP race ever. LMAO at "All-Star" smack. His team's record is pretty good though. Especially considering the East is the mecca of basketball.

RsxPiimp
Parker right now, easily.

Frank Lucas
Wake me up when he is in the MVP race ever. LMAO at "All-Star" smack. His team's record is pretty good though. Especially considering the East is the mecca of basketball.

It's almost as good as the Spurs' record without Parker.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 04:17 PM
It's almost as good as the Spurs' record without Parker.

Almost does not count.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Almost does not count.

It actually isn't. I'd love to see what the Bulls' record would be if they were capable of going 4-3 without Rose.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Well peace out Parkerfan. I'll check back into this poll later. My guess is Parker will only be getting votes from Spurfan.

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 04:20 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/schedule/results_2008.html

Looking at this we can see that after Manu was sat for the rest of the season, Parker went for 30+ on 10 occasions, and 25+ on 17 occasions. That's not even including his 55 point outburst in the beginning in the season. I'm too lazy to go through all the stats but if someone else wants to I'm willing to bet Parker has at least 20 games of 30 points, as well as numerous 40 point games. What other PGs dropped that many points last season? Or even this season? Just Jennings, and that was against the fucking Warriors.

PGDynasty24
02-07-2010, 04:21 PM
rose is better now

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 04:22 PM
No. Rose is playing better currently, but he is not the better player. Unless this TP that you see right now is the best TP you will ever get again.

XFactor
02-07-2010, 04:25 PM

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/01/29/racetothemvp.week13/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Alright, here's some nice stats.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01/gamelog/2009/

Parker has 29 games where he scored 20-29 points. Not including the playoffs, Parker scored 30+ on 13 occasions, including a 55 point game and a 42 point game. He also had 25 double doubles last season while Rose has had a whopping 2 this year. Parker had 15 games of 10-15 assists last year while Rose this year has had 2, never topping 14.

Seriously, anyone who thinks Parker wouldn't have made the Bulls better last year than Rose is retarded.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 04:30 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/01/29/racetothemvp.week13/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

So not only is Rose in the race, the guy who's supposed to be Parker's sidekick on offense is as well while Parker isn't.

XFactor
02-07-2010, 04:30 PM
But I have to agree with the above posts, right now at this instance, Rose is playing better than Tony Parker. But if you're comparing a 2007 Parker vs Current Rose, then I'd have to go with Parker. Rose does have a greater potential.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Well, well, well look who broke into the fray.

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 04:32 PM
^Exactly. I have no problem saying that Rose will be better than Parker when he's in his prime. But to say he's better than Tony now is laughable.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Well peace out Parkerfan. I'll check back into this poll later. My guess is Parker will only be getting votes from Spurfan.

But I have to agree with the above posts, right now at this instance, Rose is playing better than Tony Parker. But if you're comparing a 2007 Parker vs Current Rose, then I'd have to go with Parker. Rose does have a greater potential.

So not only were you wrong about this, but even a Bulls fan agrees

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Alright, here's some nice stats.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01/gamelog/2009/

Parker has 29 games where he scored 20-29 points. Not including the playoffs, Parker scored 30+ on 13 occasions, including a 55 point game and a 42 point game. He also had 25 double doubles last season while Rose has had a whopping 2 this year. Parker had 15 games of 10-15 assists last year while Rose this year has had 2, never topping 14.

o every other game doesn't count?

badfish22
02-07-2010, 04:34 PM

:lmao owned

XFactor
02-07-2010, 04:35 PM
So not only were you wrong about this, but even a Bulls fan agrees

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I voted based on the assumption that you're asking who is the better player right now. And I voted for Rose in that case.

Muser
02-07-2010, 04:35 PM

:tu

Even Bull fan gets it.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 04:36 PM
I voted based on the assumption that you're asking who is the better player right now. And I voted for Rose in that case.

That was the question. I don't care who the better player was in 2007, that irrelevant.

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 04:36 PM

I don't give a shit what that says, a player cannot be in the MVP race if his team if below .500 in the EASTERN CONFERENCE. If Kobe couldn't win it in 2006, there's no way in hell Rose has a snowball's chance in hell, so that's completely irrelevant. Besides, we'll see where he finishes at the end of the season in MVP voting. Until then it's kind of a moot point.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 04:37 PM
:tu

Even Bull fan gets it.

Check the poll results. Spurfan is the only fan base who has voted for Parker so far.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I don't give a shit what that says

I'm sure you'd feel the same way if Parker's name were up there.

Leetonidas
02-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm sure you'd feel the same way if Parker's name were up there.

Let's get this straight: Parker is not even one of my top 3 favorite players on the Spurs. But you can't deny how good he is. You don't lead a team missing their heart and soul, not to mention their best player being injured for half the season going into the playoffs, to 54 wins in a stacked Western conference. Not to mention Tony has been voted in by the coaches 3 times while D-Will, who is regarded as the best or #2 PG in the league, just got his first this year, that goes to show that the coaches know a shit load more than you do.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 04:52 PM
He is trolling. Once again, what is your point? Is it to say that Rose is playing better right now? If so, no fan will argue with you and why do you need two threads for that. Or are you trying to say he is the better player? If that is the case, you are, as explained, an idiot.

IronMexican
02-07-2010, 04:53 PM
I think Parker is a bit more consistent, but Rose has higher high's. I'd take Rose for this season.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Let's get this straight: Parker is not even one of my top 3 favorite players on the Spurs. But you can't deny how good he is. You don't lead a team missing their heart and soul, not to mention their best player being injured for half the season going into the playoffs, to 54 wins in a stacked Western conference. Not to mention Tony has been voted in by the coaches 3 times while D-Will just got his first this year, that goes to show that the coaches know a shit load more than you do.

Parker didn't lead them to 54 wins. Quit saying that. They went 47-25 with him playing. Also, they went 22-16 when Manu was out, maybe Parker shouldered more of a load last season, but it's not like neither Duncan nor Manu were a reason they won 54 games.

The coaches also voted D-Rose and D-Will in over Parker this year. That goes to show that the coaches know a shit load more than you do.

DPG21920
02-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Yes, Rose is playing better than Parker this year, who is disagreeing with you idiot?

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Yes, Rose is playing better than Parker this year, who is disagreeing with you idiot?

The level Rose is playing at this year is higher than the level Parker has played at for all but 1-2 seasons in his career. The Derrick Rose we're seeing right now is better than the Parker we've seen most of his career.

JamStone
02-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Rose is the better player this season.

redzero
02-07-2010, 05:21 PM
redzero with the tie breaker!

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 05:29 PM
So Spurfan voted for Parker, every other fan voted for Rose. What a coincidence.

Kevin Durant 35
02-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Rose. In fact I think even Russell Westbrook is better than TP

spurs10
02-07-2010, 07:30 PM
You're only as good as your accomplishments. Rose is very good, however the chance of him ever being a winner in the same echelon as Parker is a long shot.

mystargtr34
02-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Rose has been better this season.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 07:41 PM
You're only as good as your accomplishments. Rose is very good, however the chance of him ever being a winner in the same echelon as Parker is a long shot.

I guess Derek Fisher is better than either one since he's more of a "winner".

Chieflion
02-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Screw this. Misclicked Tony Parker. I was actually going to vote for Derrick Rose cause he was better this season.

Frank Lucas
02-07-2010, 08:16 PM
:lmao STILL no non-Spurs fan votes for Parker.

timvp
02-07-2010, 11:20 PM
This season? Rose.

Right now if both are 100% healthy? Parker.

Going forward? Very, very likely Rose.

ulosturedge
02-07-2010, 11:36 PM
TP has been battling aliments all year, how are you gonna try and compare? Wait until the end of the season and get back to us.

Do you remember this?

Finals MVP
2007 -- Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
The 6-foot-2 Parker shot an astounding 42-for-74 (.568) from the field and averaged 24.5 points in the Spurs' four-game sweep of the Cleveland Cavaliers. The 25-year-old Frenchman became the first European-born NBA Finals MVP.

Its funny how quick people forget how good a player is when they are hurt or struggling.

himat
02-07-2010, 11:46 PM
I wonder how many points Parker would average on a team where he was far and away the best player and surrounded by mediocre talent...

Well, last year he was at 22.8, and that was with Ginobili for half a season and a functioning Duncan for half. I'd like to see a breakdown of Parker's stats in the final 41 games of last year.

He might average a little more points but he would be way less effecient. I hope he does get traded to a crap team so that we could really see this play out.

ffadicted
02-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Love DRose with a passion, but the choice is obvious, anyone who doesn't think so is a hater

himat
02-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Its a Spurs board so what should I expect? I am very surprised D-Rose is winning the poll 19-18 because of that. I shouldn't expect you guys to get rid of your obvious bias for your own player, so I am done arguing.

badfish22
02-07-2010, 11:51 PM
This season? Rose.

Right now if both are 100% healthy? Parker.

Going forward? Very, very likely Rose.

So, iyo, Rose is better this year. And Rose is also better in the future.
So Rose>Parker?

himat
02-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Love DRose with a passion, but the choice is obvious, anyone who doesn't think so is a hater

Trust me man I am not a hater. I'll give my dues to Ginobili and Duncan. When healthy those guys can be top 5 players at their position (Duncan obviously number 1). I have watched Tony Parker and I don't see much. He drives to the paint and scores. Occasionally he gets the ball to his teammates, but he is not really a pass first point guard. On defense and in shooting he is average at best. Please tell me what is so great about him because everyone I have argued with just throws out some stupid ass stats when we all know that basketball is more than stats. If it were about stats than Wilt is better than Bill Russell. If we are talking about stats Dirk Nowitzki is a better PF than Tim Duncan.

So please tell me why Tony Parker is better than guys like D-Rose and Chauncey Billups and supposedly at the same level as guys like Deron and CP3.

HarlemHeat37
02-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Derrick Rose has been better this year with Parker's injuries hurting his game..

Everybody saw what Tony could do last year though..in the 2nd half of the season with Manu out and Duncan playing on 1 leg, he averaged 24 PPG and 7.5 APG on 52% shooting..there's pretty much no way that Rose can touch that right now IMO..

Also, while Tony struggles on D at times, he's better than Rose, which speaks volumes on how poor of a defender Rose is, despite his athletic gifts..

ulosturedge
02-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Trust me man I am not a hater. I'll give my dues to Ginobili and Duncan. When healthy those guys can be top 5 players at their position (Duncan obviously number 1). I have watched Tony Parker and I don't see much. He drives to the paint and scores. Occasionally he gets the ball to his teammates, but he is not really a pass first point guard. On defense and in shooting he is average at best. Please tell me what is so great about him because everyone I have argued with just throws out some stupid ass stats when we all know that basketball is more than stats. If it were about stats than Wilt is better than Bill Russell. If we are talking about stats Dirk Nowitzki is a better PF than Tim Duncan.

So please tell me why Tony Parker is better than guys like D-Rose and Chauncey Billups and supposedly at the same level as guys like Deron and CP3.

Ummm the same could be said about Rose... he is not a pass first guard, and his defense and shooting is also average at best(Are you listening to yourself?). Nice argument.

I don't think most of us were trying to compare stats when we were comparing players. So it all come down to how much each player effects and impacts the outcome of games.

When Parker is at his best he wreaks havoc in the paint. Even when other teams know they need to stop his penetration they can't. He's probably the quickest guard in the league.

What Rose has going for him is he is stronger and is probably a better clutch shooter. But all in all I would say these two are about equal.

I'll agree Deron and CP3 are better because they excel at both passing and shooting and can do everything. So at best D.Rose and Parker are 3rd. It's funny how you talk about being bias and then you throw Chauncey into the conversation. I guess because he had that one great game against LA he is worth putting up there. What is he 33 now? No one is game planning to stop Chauncey. Sorry.

Muser
02-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Its a Spurs board so what should I expect? I am very surprised D-Rose is winning the poll 19-18 because of that. I shouldn't expect you guys to get rid of your obvious bias for your own player, so I am done arguing.

Says the guy who said Billups > Parker.

spurs10
02-08-2010, 11:04 AM
I guess Derek Fisher is better than either one since he's more of a "winner".
How many Finals MVP awards has Fisher won?

Frank Lucas
02-08-2010, 11:14 AM
How many Finals MVP awards has Fisher won?

You're an idiot.

Frank Lucas
02-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Derrick Rose has been better this year with Parker's injuries hurting his game..

Everybody saw what Tony could do last year though..in the 2nd half of the season with Manu out and Duncan playing on 1 leg, he averaged 24 PPG and 7.5 APG on 52% shooting..there's pretty much no way that Rose can touch that right now IMO..

Also, while Tony struggles on D at times, he's better than Rose, which speaks volumes on how poor of a defender Rose is, despite his athletic gifts..

Some douche bag Spurs fan homer saying Parker is better than Rose on D (when he isn't) doesn't speak volumes about shit. Spurfan seems to think they are the grandmasters of defense and decide who is good and who sucks. Rose is a way better defender than Parker.

Frank Lucas
02-08-2010, 11:17 AM
O wow, a grand total of 1 non-Spurfan voted for Parker, and it was a Lakers fan who used to be a Spurs fan :lmao

XFactor
02-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Some douche bag Spurs fan homer saying Parker is better than Rose on D (when he isn't) doesn't speak volumes about shit. Spurfan seems to think they are the grandmasters of defense and decide who is good and who sucks. Rose is a way better defender than Parker.

Rose sure is a clutch defender. He had crucial steals and blocks down the stretch in the final minutes of some of the games of last years series.

Frank Lucas
02-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Rose sure is a clutch defender. He had crucial steals and blocks down the stretch in the final minutes of some of the games of last years series.

While Parker is anything but a clutch player. The Spurs' 4th quarter offense is Parker passing the ball to Ginobili when they win or Parker peeing his pants and missing key shots down the stretch when they lose.

duhoh
02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
next season or two, the comparison will be completely in rose's way. right now, not so much.

ForeignFan
02-08-2010, 04:13 PM
A healthy Parker a la 2007 is still better than Rose (and Billups)