PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan in Magic - Celtics

spectator
02-07-2010, 04:10 PM
in the 3rd Q, howard makes a bank shot from 12-15 ft.
Mike Breen or Mark Jackson says smth like "it almost looks like tim duncan"
0.2 seconds later ...
Jeff Van Gundy: Eeeeaaasy now!!!

:lol

HarlemHeat37
02-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Ya I saw that, funny sequence..

It's pretty cool that Timmy has a signature shot that he's widely recognized for..

TIMMYD!
02-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Ya I saw that, funny sequence..

It's pretty cool that Timmy has a signature shot that he's widely recognized for..

Yeah, but I don't want anyone using that shot, it's Tim's only.

alchemist
02-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah, but I don't want anyone using that shot, it's Tim's only.
I see a lot of players in the NBA now days with a bank shot in their repertoire, Timmy quietly influencing the league. :toast

HarlemHeat37
02-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Howard has said that Duncan was his obvious influence, so it's not like it matters if others use it..it's a very good shot for big men to have..

hitmanyr2k
02-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Before Duncan came along Pippen was probably best known for the bank shot. I don't see Dwight Howard taking the mantle in the long run.

duhoh
02-07-2010, 09:14 PM
JVG is always good for the lols

Sean Cagney
02-08-2010, 02:19 AM
Before Duncan came along Pippen was probably best known for the bank shot. I don't see Dwight Howard taking the mantle in the long run.

Sam Jones, look him up and the bank shot... Pippen did it yes, but not at the rate Jones did it even if he were before our time.

kace
02-08-2010, 02:27 AM
I see a lot of players in the NBA now days with a bank shot in their repertoire, Timmy quietly influencing the league. :toast

yep. what a crazy move that Tim invented there ! the bank shot.

#2!
02-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Kind of on the same subject, there was a High School game on one of the ESPNs the other day and a kid on fast break stepped towards a defender trying to draw a charge, and then stepped away from the guy on his second step (laterally).

The announcer called it "The Ginobili Step."

sananspursfan21
02-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Breen or Jackson better shut up. Howard will never be Tim Duncan. sure he's more athletic and can definitely dunk better, but don't dumb down Timmy's game like that. that's disrespectful

NFGIII
02-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Sam Jones, look him up and the bank shot... Pippen did it yes, but not at the rate Jones did it even if he were before our time.

Unfortunately :p: I remember him when he played for the Celtics. It was money pure and simple. In fact if you talk to most coaches and look into the science of the bank shot it is more reliable a shot than striaght on. The glass allows you a wider margin for error IMO.

From link below: Most shooters will seek to shoot the ball directly into the rim, often visualizing the ball entering just over the front of the rim. When the shooter is at an approximate 45° angle to the backboard, an effective shot is to utilize the backboard to bank the ball into the basket. Such shots have identical mechanics to a regular jump shot; the trajectory created by the ball deflecting from the backboard permits the ball to enter a slightly wider opening to the basket than exists without the bank.
http://www.faqs.org/sports-science/Ba-Ca/Basketball-Shot-Dynamics.html

JR3
02-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Tim didn't invent the bank shot but he brought it back from the dead for sure!

guzmangm
02-08-2010, 02:53 PM
That's probably one of the reason's Shaq calls him the Big Fundamental. I remember being taught to use the back board in elementary P.E.