PDA

View Full Version : Nexus One

My Fault
02-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Just got mine... Anyone have one? If so what if hacks have you done?

PM5K
02-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Nope just you, good luck with that.

ElNono
02-08-2010, 01:25 AM
LOL Nexus One

My Fault
02-08-2010, 03:07 PM
LOL Nexus One

Let me guess your using a dinosaur iPhone... Nexus > iPhone

ElNono
02-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Let me guess your using a dinosaur iPhone... Nexus > iPhone

Sure :rolleyes

koriwhat
02-08-2010, 05:04 PM
id rather have a nexus

Viva Las Espuelas
02-08-2010, 05:06 PM
:lmao a "dinosaur" :lmao

that's funny.

So what makes the iPhone a dinosaur?

My Fault
02-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Sure :rolleyes

Don't know much huh? IPhone fan boys lol

My Fault
02-08-2010, 05:31 PM
:lmao a "dinosaur" :lmao

that's funny.

So what makes the iPhone a dinosaur?

Outdated hardware.. Nexus has damn near double the ram and processor, better camera, way better screen resolution. No need to say more? IPhone fan boys stop trolling my thread.

ElNono
02-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Outdated hardware.. Nexus has damn near double the ram and processor, better camera, way better screen resolution. No need to say more? IPhone fan boys stop trolling my thread.

LOL, stick to hardware... that's all you got...

How many apps can you store in that thing anyway?

Ok.. I'll stop... :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
02-08-2010, 05:45 PM

All that is nullified and surpassed when iPhone 4 comes out less than 5 months, and if I remember off the top of my head it was only ram that was double the iPhone. The 4th gen iPhone will have twice the power as the 3gs. Oh and the iPhone doesn't need an app in order to adjust zooming in and zooming out :wakeup

My Fault
02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
All that is nullified and surpassed when iPhone 4 comes out less than 5 months, and if I remember off the top of my head it was only ram that was double the iPhone. The 4th gen iPhone will have twice the power as the 3gs. Oh and the iPhone doesn't need an app in order to adjust zooming in and zooming out :wakeup

Research that alittle more...None of that is even correct

jacobdrj
02-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Linus Torvalds loves his.

koriwhat
02-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Linus Torvalds loves his.

he sure does seeing as both sport a *nixOS.

PM5K
02-08-2010, 07:49 PM
I've never understood this. Here's an example of what I mean:

Let's say I get an ice cream cone and put a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and then a scoop of chocolate ice cream.

Let's say you come along and get an ice cream cone and put a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a scoop of chocolate ice cream, and then a scoop of strawberry ice cream, then turn around and tell me that what I have is shit.

I've just never understood that. How can you take a phone so similar to the iPhone, and that uses so much of the technology that the iPhone popularized (accelerometer, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, app store, etc) and then turn around and say your phone is great and that the iPhone is shit?

Viva Las Espuelas
02-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Research that alittle more...None of that is even correct

Ok. Upon further research, this is what I found. Nexus one has 512mb ram. IPhone 256. Half. Nexus one CPU is a 1ghz processor. A processor that was made in '08. Dinosaur-y, perhaps? IPhone has a 600Mhz chip. More than half. So that was Correct. The 4th gen iPhone will have a dual core chip that'll be twice the speed of the 3gs. 600mhz * 2(double) = 1.2ghz

Youre up, flapjack.

ElNono
02-08-2010, 08:19 PM

Let's say I get an ice cream cone and put a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and then a scoop of chocolate ice cream.

Let's say you come along and get an ice cream cone and put a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a scoop of chocolate ice cream, and then a scoop of strawberry ice cream, then turn around and tell me that what I have is shit.

I've just never understood that. How can you take a phone so similar to the iPhone, and that uses so much of the technology that the iPhone popularized (accelerometer, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, app store, etc) and then turn around and say your phone is great and that the iPhone is shit?

Not to mention that the iPhone is a great PLATFORM (hardware-software combo), not just nice hardware with a bunch of crummy software. I love how 'the Nexus One has a 1Ghz processor', but eats twice the battery life and is underused because everything it runs is JIT java compiled code.

I'll be the first to tell you when there's a better platform, but right now it's not even close.

resistanze
02-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Nope just you, good luck with that.

:lol

My Fault
02-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Ok. Upon further research, this is what I found. Nexus one has 512mb ram. IPhone 256. Half. Nexus one CPU is a 1ghz processor. A processor that was made in '08. Dinosaur-y, perhaps? IPhone has a 600Mhz chip. More than half. So that was Correct. The 4th gen iPhone will have a dual core chip that'll be twice the speed of the 3gs. 600mhz * 2(double) = 1.2ghz

Youre up, flapjack.

Lmao you mean the iPhone 4.0 OS? That's due in 5 months? Its an update not a whole new phone.

PM5K
02-08-2010, 09:27 PM
He's talking about the 4G iPhone, not the software.

LMAO

My Fault
02-08-2010, 09:28 PM

I like the iPhone... I just switched over from my 32gb 3Gs which was unlocked and jailbroken. However in just a couple of days I've had the Nexus its easily the better phone. I've have both phones and therefore I can say what I think is better phone. I'm sure those in here have yet to even hold a Nexus and just ruining my thread.

ElNono
02-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Honest question: Did they remove the stupid limitation from the Android OS where you can't run apps from the external flash?

We've looked into porting our software to the Android, but artificial limitations like that makes the platform pretty lame.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Lmao you mean the iPhone 4.0 OS? That's due in 5 months? Its an update not a whole new phone.
no, flapjack "4th gen iPhone". not 0S 4.0. that's rumored to come out with the iMaxi.

My Fault
02-08-2010, 09:36 PM
He's talking about the 4G iPhone, not the software.

LMAO

The rumored iPhone? LOL

Viva Las Espuelas
02-08-2010, 09:36 PM
so...........................

Youre up, flapjack.

:lmao
i just realized. how can software "have a dual core chip that'll be twice the speed of the 3gs"?

oh how i luv to LOL

Viva Las Espuelas
02-08-2010, 09:37 PM
The rumored iPhone? LOL

kinda like the rumored tablet from apple, yes.

PM5K
02-08-2010, 09:45 PM
I like the iPhone... I just switched over from my 32gb 3Gs which was unlocked and jailbroken. However in just a couple of days I've had the Nexus its easily the better phone. I've have both phones and therefore I can say what I think is better phone. I'm sure those in here have yet to even hold a Nexus and just ruining my thread.

And that's totally fine, but I made a post just to mess with you and you took a jab at the iPhone. How on earth is the iPhone a dinosaur? A dinosaur is a phone without 3G, or WIFI, or a touch screen, or an accelerometer, or proximity sensor.

Just because your phone has a chip with a higher rated speed (which doesn't mean it's any faster) and more RAM doesn't mean it's any better, or that the iPhone is a dinosaur.

So tell me, what's so great about the Nexus One?

My Fault
02-08-2010, 09:49 PM
so...........................

i just realized. how can software "have a dual core chip that'll be twice the speed of the 3gs"?

oh how i luv to LOL

Uh, ya think? Come on keep your weakass attempt at trolling out my thread..

My Fault
02-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Has anyone from Apple actually come out and say there is 4G iPhone?

My Fault
02-08-2010, 09:54 PM
And that's totally fine, but I made a post just to mess with you and you took a jab at the iPhone. How on earth is the iPhone a dinosaur? A dinosaur is a phone without 3G, or WIFI, or a touch screen, or an accelerometer, or proximity sensor.

Just because your phone has a chip with a higher rated speed (which doesn't mean it's any faster) and more RAM doesn't mean it's any better, or that the iPhone is a dinosaur.

So tell me, what's so great about the Nexus One?
Find one and make your own assessment

Viva Las Espuelas
02-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Has anyone from Apple actually come out and say there is 4G iPhone?

no

Viva Las Espuelas
02-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Just because your phone has a chip with a higher rated speed (which doesn't mean it's any faster)

a 2008 chip, i might add.

My Fault
02-09-2010, 01:37 PM
no

So the ipad is still just a rumor?

Cry Havoc
02-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I love my iPhone, but this might be my next phone:

http://pda-gpsnav.bestproductsreview.net/wp-content/htc-hd2_2.jpg

http://www.dcellphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/HTC-Touch-HD-2-With-Android-OS.jpg

http://nexus404.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads2/2010/01/T-Mobile-HTC-HD2-Windows-Mobile-Smartphone.jpg

Cry Havoc
02-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Find one and make your own assessment

Why should we? What can the N1 do that the iPhone cannot?

Viva Las Espuelas
02-09-2010, 04:11 PM
WM

eeek

PM5K
02-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Yeah I wouldn't run to buy a phone with WM on it....

My Fault
02-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Why should we? What can the N1 do that the iPhone cannot?

Take pictures in the dark LOL. Seriously this is thread is not a Nexus vs iPhone. If I seriously thought the iPhone was the better phone then I would just switch back. I still have my iPhone but prefer the Nexus.

leemajors
02-09-2010, 05:21 PM

http://www.dcellphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/HTC-Touch-HD-2-With-Android-OS.jpg

http://nexus404.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads2/2010/01/T-Mobile-HTC-HD2-Windows-Mobile-Smartphone.jpg

No Sense UI on Windows Mobile 7 phones.

resistanze
02-09-2010, 06:13 PM

I wanted this phone but I heard you can't get 3G in North America, only in Europe.