PDA

View Full Version : If Cavs trade for Iggy or Jamison I don't think they can be beat in a 7 game series..

The_Game
02-08-2010, 12:49 PM
They are playing like the best team in the NBA right now if they add a guy like Iggy or Jamison then I don't see any team being able to beat them.

without a trade they have as good a shot as Lakers, Magic, Celtics, Nuggets e.t.c...

bostonguy
02-08-2010, 01:05 PM
They are playing like the best team in the NBA right now if they add a guy like Iggy or Jamison then I don't see any team being able to beat them.

without a trade they have as good a shot as Lakers, Magic, Celtics, Nuggets e.t.c...

If they stand pat (which they shouldn't do), I am going to be greatly concerned. Who is going to be their #2 guy? Shaq is too old and is more of a 3rd option, and Mo Williams is more suited as a #3-#4 type of guy. They can't just stand pat. Jamison or Iggy would be perfect for that #2 role. They have the #1 guy and the #3-7 guys. They are missing that #2 consistent guy. Cavs know this as well.

The_Game
02-08-2010, 01:10 PM
cavs have one great scoring option mo williams is a good 2nd option but cavs are built as a deep team who have plenty of other options shooting wise.

they don't need to make a move.

the way they have played the elite shows their improvement

bostonguy
02-08-2010, 01:15 PM
cavs have one great scoring option mo williams is a good 2nd option but cavs are built as a deep team who have plenty of other options shooting wise.

Mo Williams isn't fit to be a 2nd option in the playoffs. That is asking way too much from him. He would thrive more being a 3rd option especially in the playoffs. I feel Cavs would be stupid to stand pat if they are able to get Jamison or Iggy plus Z back in 30 days. Unless Shaq is somehow able to turn back the clock, the Cavs should make a move for that #2 guy.

The_Game
02-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Mo Williams isn't fit to be a 2nd option in the playoffs. That is asking way too much from him. He would thrive more being a 3rd option especially in the playoffs. I feel Cavs would be stupid to stand pat if they are able to get Jamison or Iggy plus Z back in 30 days. Unless Shaq is somehow able to turn back the clock, the Cavs should make a move for that #2 guy.

cavs have Lebron then a bunch of other guys scoring by committee. With Shaq playing like he is they have another scoring option they didn't have last year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-08-2010, 01:20 PM
If they stand pat again this year and lose Danny Ferry should be fired after making the same mistake last year. BostonGuy is right they don't have a #2 scoring option. Jamison is better in the sense that he is a more crafty veteran scorer who has always been the 1 Wizards player to show up to the playoffs the last few years, Iggy is better because he'd take defensive pressure off Lebron and would let Lebron move down to 2-guard (his natural position IMO), basically he could be a poor man's Pippen with his defense and point-forward skills. He is also younger so Cleveland could build around him and Lebron should Lebron stay there.

I'll say this for the 1000th time, Mo Williams is relied on too much. His ideal role is a combo guard who can come off the bench and give the 2nd unit some fire power, basically a Jamal Crawford type role. Look at what moving Jamal Crawford to the bench has done for his career, he was known as a one dimensional chucker but this year almost made the all star team.

hitmanyr2k
02-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Mo Williams can't be depended on as a 2nd option. If he's not scoring he's worthless since he really brings nothing else to the table and if he hits another drought in the playoffs it's over. The Cavs are looking good right now but they need some size and athleticism to run with Lebron out there. Right now Lebron's best running mate is JJ Hickson and you don't know what you're going to get out of him in the playoffs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-08-2010, 01:22 PM
mo williams is a good 2nd option

Last year in the playoffs, Mo Williams wasn't the 2nd option, Delonte West was. He was the one Cleveland player not named Lebron to show up to the Orlando series. Mo Williams can't be trusted as a main scoring option.

Double-Up
02-08-2010, 01:24 PM

No they need a post present or their doomed to see the same fate as last year.

Thunder Dan
02-08-2010, 01:57 PM
If they stand pat again this year and lose Danny Ferry should be fired after making the same mistake last year. BostonGuy is right they don't have a #2 scoring option. Jamison is better in the sense that he is a more crafty veteran scorer who has always been the 1 Wizards player to show up to the playoffs the last few years, Iggy is better because he'd take defensive pressure off Lebron and would let Lebron move down to 2-guard (his natural position IMO), basically he could be a poor man's Pippen with his defense and point-forward skills. He is also younger so Cleveland could build around him and Lebron should Lebron stay there.

I'll say this for the 1000th time, Mo Williams is relied on too much. His ideal role is a combo guard who can come off the bench and give the 2nd unit some fire power, basically a Jamal Crawford type role. Look at what moving Jamal Crawford to the bench has done for his career, he was known as a one dimensional chucker but this year almost made the all star team.

he said that the Suns took the offer off the table at the last minute. It wasn't his choice to stand pat. He wanted to make the Shaq deal last year.

Killakobe81
02-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Right now Lebron has raied his game another level and i dont think they need a move ..
TO ENSURE a title yes, but they have enough to win with Lebron at THIS level if he can maintain it in the playoffs ...

Killakobe81
02-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Cavs i agree lack a TRUE#2 but ...
1. Shaq though slow and sucks at pnr can still get you points inside
2. And Mo can get hot ...when he does he is solid two when not as a 3rd option not bad ...(eben he is off you have to respect him = floor space)
3. They have 2 active bigs (hickson/Verejao) to replace the slow ones ...
4. they have 3 former all-stars and even if they are FORMER still have great Bball IQ and skills
5. With moon and parker great athleticism on the perimeter ....with Parker and Boobie great shoooting as well ...:flag:
6. Delonte when right is their 2nd best player ...

Cavs are the faves right now Nuggs look to be 2nd best Lakers 3rd as of today ...

Killakobe81
02-08-2010, 02:23 PM

Great analysis but I'm almost a witness again ...Lebron has been THAT good again all he needs is the title to cement it. He doesnt NEED a lot of help the way Boston,Lakers and Orlando has looked I doubt Nuggs can beat the Cavs ...they would do well against the other teams ...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-08-2010, 02:24 PM
he said that the Suns took the offer off the table at the last minute. It wasn't his choice to stand pat. He wanted to make the Shaq deal last year.

He waited to long and was trying to cover it up. If he put that offer on the table prior to Porter being fired when the team was imploding, the Suns would have taken it. He waited till Gentry took over and the Suns had two huge blowout wins that gave the city of Phoenix a boner to the point where Kerr didn't want to make a trade anymore. Ferry fucked up a year ago, plain and simple.

Killakobe81
02-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Duncanowns ...
Your thoughts on suns this year?
Nash playing great ball ...will Amare get dealt?
Thoughts on Jrich?

The_Game
02-08-2010, 02:29 PM
so guys are L.A still the favourite?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Great analysis but I'm almost a witness again ...Lebron has been THAT good again all he needs is the title to cement it. He doesnt NEED a lot of help the way Boston,Lakers and Orlando has looked I doubt Nuggs can beat the Cavs ...they would do well against the other teams ...

If Cleveland were to stand pat, I'd still consider them the favorite. Shaq has gotten better and better over the course of the season and will be productive in the playoffs, but IMO, they still need a true sidekick to Lebron. Jamison and Iggy are two perfect fits for the sidekick role IMO.

Killakobe81
02-08-2010, 02:37 PM
so guys are L.A still the favourite?

Not IMHO we dont seem "hungry" ...
Everyone points to last year how we looked at times but we always stepped up vs the top competition this year i have not seen that.

Also some guys on LG are comparing us to the repeat teams 2001 and 2002 ...but those teams had PROVEN heart and clutch players ...On this team i only trust Kobe and Fish in the clutch ...

Cavs STILL have to prove it in the playoffs but right now ID give Lebron MVP (though he needs title to get the "torch"), and would install Cavs as favorites ...

rascal
02-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Lakers are still the favorites if healthy. They haven't been healthy this year.

Cleveland does need a reliable 2nd scoring option and should make a strong play for either Iguodala or Jamison.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Duncanowns ...
Your thoughts on suns this year?
Nash playing great ball ...will Amare get dealt?
Thoughts on Jrich?

Idk, it's been pretty surprising and it's good to see some of their younger players (Dragic, Lopez) develop and show some promise. I don't think Amare will get dealt. Amare might not be the most popular guy in the world but I'm willing to bet Nash would not have signed a contract extension without a pick and roll partner like Amare, and Kerr probably knows that if he wants Nash to be a good little boy he needs to keep Amare.

Fans might think that Nash could run the pick and roll with a pile of bricks and be just as effective as when he runs it with Amare, but Nash himself knows better.

Killakobe81
02-08-2010, 02:42 PM
If you could get those guys for peanuts OF COURSE I would ...BUT who in the East scares Cleveland? and in the West? Lakers sure don't ...denver maybe but I think Lebron dominates all matchups Afflalo is too smal Melo too offensive mended to stop Lebron ...
Billups will own PG matchup ...but Shaq can at least get fouls on Nuggs bigs ...
To unseat Cavs Lakers.Orlando or Boston would need to step up BIG time ...Cavs just need to keep it going in May and june

namlook
02-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Not IMHO we dont seem "hungry" ...

A team is not going to look hungry when every team that plays them goes at maximum effort because they are playing the champs. The Lakers can't maintain that kind of intensity every game. The 99-00 Lakers won 67 games the first championship. Then they won 56 and 58 games. But the team that won 56 games was the best of the three, crushing everyone in the playoffs. The Lakers have the most talent and they will raise their level of play come playoff time.

Muser
02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
If the cavs get Jamison then they are by far the favorites IMO.

Killakobe81
02-08-2010, 02:50 PM
A team is not going to look hungry when every team that plays them goes at maximum effort because they are playing the champs. The Lakers can't maintain that kind of intensity every game. The 99-00 Lakers won 67 games the first championship. Then they won 56 and 58 games. But the team that won 56 games was the best of the three, crushing everyone in the playoffs. The Lakers have the most talent and they will raise their level of play come playoff time.

I hope so ...but have my doubts ...
Lakers have only a slight edge in talent but Cavs are deeper ...Lebron is playing out of this world and gets plenty of calls plus he is the most dominant force of nature on the court ...
Lakers cant just play well to beat Cavs they need to outplay them significantly

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-08-2010, 02:50 PM
If you coukd get those guys for peanuts OF COURSE I would ...BUT who in the East scares Cleveland? Lakers sure don't denver maybe but I think Lebron dominates all matchups Afflalo too smal Melo too offensive mended to stop Lebron

Who thought Orlando would scare Cleveland last year? Weird shit happens. I wouldn't be writing Boston off like everyone is doing. I think Pierce, Allen and KG are all coasting right now and focused on being ready for the playoffs. This is a long shot but Orlando could very well be coasting too and will eventually stop chucking 3's so much.

Lemme say this though, LMFAO Denver......they'll need some serious luck to get to the finals.

Killakobe81
02-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Idk, it's been pretty surprising and it's good to see some of their younger players (Dragic, Lopez) develop and show some promise. I don't think Amare will get dealt. Amare might not be the most popular guy in the world but I'm willing to bet Nash would not have signed a contract extension without a pick and roll partner like Amare, and Kerr probably knows that if he wants Nash to be a good little boy he needs to keep Amare.

Fans might think that Nash could run the pick and roll with a pile of bricks and be just as effective as when he runs it with Amare, but Nash himself knows better.

I like Dragic and Lopez seems to be coming on ...even if he is STILL behind hi brother ...what is the story with Clark (rookie? ) why no love from the staff?

Killakobe81
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Who thought Orlando would scare Cleveland last year? Weird shit happens. I wouldn't be writing Boston off like everyone is doing. I think Pierce, Allen and KG are all coasting right now and focused on being ready for the playoffs. This is a long shot but Orlando could very well be coasting too and will eventually stop chucking 3's so much.

Lemme say this though, LMFAO Denver......they'll need some serious luck to get to the finals.

I dont trust Denver because of Karl and JR Smith but don't enderestimate Chauncey yes Friday was a career high but have seen him do the same thing in smaller doses a few times ...when he is hot with his pssing you cant guard plus he gets those leg kick body-lean fouls ...

But denver is built to take on the Lakers ... I dont like them against cleveland ...
I agree Boston is not done (said it here many times ditto the Spurs) but I still would favor Cavs in 7 if they meet up ...

namlook
02-08-2010, 02:59 PM
What ifs don't mean much until they happen. If the Lakers get a defensive PG like Hinrich I don't think they can be beat either.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I dont trust Denver because of Karl and JR Smith but don't enderestimate Chauncey yes Friday was a career high but have seen him do the same thing in smaller doses a few times ...when he is hot with his pssing you cant guard plus he gets those leg kick body-lean fouls ...

But denver is built to take on the Lakers ... I dont like them against cleveland ...
I agree Boston is not done (said it here many times ditto the Spurs) but I still would favor Cavs in 7 if they meet up ...

I like Chauncey, but for all the talk of him being able to take a team to the conference finals, why is there no talk of the fact that for the most part he's been garbage once he actually gets to the conference finals? If LA and Denver meet in the conference finals, he's just as big a question mark as JR Smith.

ffadicted
02-08-2010, 03:37 PM
If richard jefferson and ginobili reach potential, spurs can't be beat I tell yah