PDA

View Full Version : Butler "most likely" to end up with Rockets or Mavericks

djohn2oo8
02-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Butler winding up somewhere in Texas is most likely, with Washington probably deciding between Dallas' and Houston's competing offers before next week's All-Star Game. The Wizards are determined to get a young player back, though, and the Mavericks' only non-geezer is rookie guard Rod Beaubois -- while Houston has a young guard like Kyle Lowry and an expiring big man contract in forward Luis Scola to pair with McGrady's $22 million expiring deal.

(Don't discount Portland, either. While much has been made of the Blazers' pursuit of Washington center Brendan Haywood, the Blazers have just as much, if not more, interest in Butler, and are willing to put $3 milliion in cash toward a deal -- which certainly interests the Wizards. But Portland's refusal to put any of its young players other than Martell Webster in any potential deal puts it on the outside looking in. As has been reported, the Wizards want either Nicholas Batum -- no chance -- or Rudy Fernandez -- not likely, as he is a favorite of many inside the Blazers' braintrust. The Lakers would also love to repatriate Butler with Kobe Bryant, who would love to have him. But L.A. doesn't have the expiring contract/young player assets necessary to get seriously involved.)

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/02/08/morning.tip/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Take it for what its worth, since it is David Aldrige

Ghazi
02-08-2010, 02:53 PM
I dunno if Butlers good enough to give up beaubois for.

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 02:53 PM
hopefully the crockets rather than the mavs. i dont see one way he makes us better. even the addition of iggy wouldn't ensure that we are going to suddenly become contenders. lateral move IMO

badfish22
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Butler/Haywood for Josh/Gooden. Toss in smurf if they want him (they don't)

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Butler/Haywood for Josh/Gooden. Toss in smurf if they want him (they don't)

How does that make us better? We already have a defensive minded center. Butler is a chucker and isn't much of an upgrade over Josh if at all. I'd rather have Gooden's scoring off the bench tbh

badfish22
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Butler>>Josh
Butler will be inspired if he actually comes to a contend, imo. Plus the Lakeshow is looking a little bit vunerable. Maybe we could get lucky. All I know is that this trade talk is affecting the team. Ever since the first rumor broke we are 1-5. Just make something happen. Addition by substaction (espicially since Josh is apparently a major chemisrty problem now).
Plus I am a complete non-beliver that Lebron or even Bosh would ever think of coming to Dallas

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Butler>>Josh
Butler will be inspired if he actually comes to a contend, imo. Plus the Lakeshow is looking a little bit vunerable. Maybe we could get lucky. All I know is that this trade talk is affecting the team. Ever since the first rumor broke we are 1-5. Just make something happen. Addition by substaction (espicially since Josh is apparently a major chemisrty problem now).
Plus I am a complete non-beliver that Lebron or even Bosh would ever think of coming to Dallas

Josh wasn't a chemistry issue before, so addition by subraction at this point still doesn't make us any better than we were at the beginning of the season before the trade rumors. At which point we still needed a major upgrade to be able to contend. I see no point in making moves to continue our mediocrity for a while longer. There is NO REASON, absolutely NONE, that we can't bring in some serious talent with the amount of money we have in expiring contracts. We either need to go all out and make a push to win it all, or just go ahead and trade dirk along with everyone else before the deadline and just plan to rebuild. We don't need a 42% chucker on our team, and I highly doubt he'd all the sudden come alive and become lebron reincarnated after a trade to dallas, considering he's only a 44% chucker for his career. Not to mention a whopping 31% from three. No thanks.

badfish22
02-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Josh wasn't a chemistry issue before, so addition by subraction at this point still doesn't make us any better than we were at the beginning of the season before the trade rumors. At which point we still needed a major upgrade to be able to contend. I see no point in making moves to continue our mediocrity for a while longer. There is NO REASON, absolutely NONE, that we can't bring in some serious talent with the amount of money we have in expiring contracts. We either need to go all out and make a push to win it all, or just go ahead and trade dirk along with everyone else before the deadline and just plan to rebuild. We don't need a 42% chucker on our team, and I highly doubt he'd all the sudden come alive and become lebron reincarnated after a trade to dallas, considering he's only a 44% chucker for his career. Not to mention a whopping 31% from three. No thanks.

Than what is the "serious talent" you think we should bring in. Iggy is my first choice but if that doesnt work out.......

and this "chucker" is a better player than Terry and smokey, so.....

noob cake
02-08-2010, 03:13 PM
BUTLER DO NOT WANT; ESPECIALLY NOT FOR LOWRY. IF LOWRY GETS TRADED; I BECOME BLAZERS FAN

Yao/Anderson
Landry/Hayes/Dorsey
Battier/Ariza
Butler/Ariza
Brooks/Lowry

Championship next year? Fuck no

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Than what is the "serious talent" you think we should bring in. Iggy is my first choice but if that doesnt work out.......

Honestly I would have taken the proposed Jho for Ellis deal from GS and be working on a dampier/gooden/beaner package to Philly for Iggy. Anything else is kind of for nothing.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Josh Howard is no worse than Karen Butler.

badfish22
02-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Honestly I would have taken the proposed Jho for Ellis deal from GS and be working on a dampier/gooden/beaner package to Philly for Iggy. Anything else is kind of for nothing.

So then our lineup would be

Kidd/Roddy
Ellis/Josh
Iggy/Marion
Dirk/Thomas(if he ever comes back..)
Najera?/Singleton?

You think that big man rotation competes with the Lakers lol. We dont have a center, unless your getting Dally back in th Iggy deal. Even then not enough big bodies. Thats why I like getting Haywood. Its another defensive center we can through at Bynum and Pau, who routinely own us.

Findog
02-08-2010, 03:18 PM
I dunno if Butlers good enough to give up beaubois for.

I really like Roddy B, but if you had a deal of Josh/Roddy B/salary filler for Butler/Haywood, you do that in a heartbeat if you're Dallas.

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
And before anyone says it, yes I know that Philly will only want to give up Iggy if they can get rid of either Brand's or Dalembarts garbage contract along with it, and Damp/Gooden/JJB wouldnt make the numbers work. In that case, they'd just have to suck it up and take on either Najera or Carrol's contract. They'd still be saving over 20 mil in cap space. Beggars can't be choosers.

Xylus
02-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Someone please, please, please deal with Philly before Kerr/Sarver decide to.

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 03:22 PM

Kidd/Roddy
Ellis/Josh
Iggy/Marion
Najera?/Singleton?

You think that big man rotation competes with the Lakers lol. We dont have a center, unless your getting Dally back in th Iggy deal. Even then not enough big bodies. Thats why I like getting Haywood. Its another defensive center we can through at Bynum and Pau, who routinely own us.

Yes that's what I'd propose, we'd have to get Dalembart. And when these rumors first originally circulated, the rumor was that they'd release damp and he'd come back to us in 30 days. What use would they have for a mediocre 34(going on 35) year old center in their rebuilding plans?

Double-Up
02-08-2010, 03:23 PM
How does that make us better? We already have a defensive minded center. Butler is a chucker and isn't much of an upgrade over Josh if at all. I'd rather have Gooden's scoring off the bench tbh

It doesn't but you can have the fuck, I'd rather get a lottery pick at this point.

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 03:24 PM
If I were mavs gm, this would be our lineup

Kidd/jet/roddy
Ellis/jet
iggy/marion
Dirk/humphries/thomas
dampier/dalembart

there is absolutely NO REASON why this lineup would be unachievable for us.

Double-Up
02-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Ellis? Don would never let that trade happen and you bastards know it.

badfish22
02-08-2010, 03:25 PM
I really like Roddy B, but if you had a deal of Josh/Roddy B/salary filler for Butler/Haywood, you do that in a heartbeat if you're Dallas.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, I just dont think Mavs would do it. Donnie loves draft steals, mostly because he never gets them. Look at how long it took them to finally be open for trading Josh. Donnie only throws in Roddy for a superstar. Plus donnie and cuban really like Roddy.

But I don't really want to see Roddy go either. His jumpshot is crazy good. I don't know how you guard him once he gets smarter and gets more experience.

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Ellis? Don would never let that trade happen and you bastards know it.

Jho for Ellis was on the table not once but TWICE back when they were having attitude problems with Ellis. They offered it once, Cuban IMMEDIATELY declined, and then once Josh got injured later on, sometime in November I believe, and wasn't expected back at the time until after Christmas, they called and offered it AGAIN, which Cuban also declined.

Double-Up
02-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Jho for Ellis was on the table not once but TWICE back when they were having attitude problems with Ellis. They offered it once, Cuban IMMEDIATELY declined, and then once Josh got injured later on, sometime in November I believe, and wasn't expected back at the time until after Christmas, they called and offered it AGAIN, which Cuban also declined.

Well he's a stupid fuck or he's feeling the effects of the economy because that's a great deal for the Mavs.

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 03:35 PM
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1974

The player I’m told Nellie would like to move is guard Monta Ellis. Ellis and Nellie have locked horns numerous times, he’s part of a backcourt overflow (the coach is in love with rookie Stephen Curry) and his contract is, like Jackson’s, a bloated one.

Basically we could have had Ellis or Sjax at the very least. Cuban and Donnie might be the 2 dumbest people in any nba front office today.

badfish22
02-08-2010, 03:38 PM
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1974

Basically we could have had Ellis or Sjax at the very least. Cuban and Donnie might be the 2 dumbest people in any nba front office today.

Not getting Sjax pisses me off like nothing else. He would of been perfect here. The scorer, defender and leader we need.

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Not getting Sjax pisses me off like nothing else. He would of been perfect here. The scorer, defender and leader we need.

Pisses me off too, but so have lot's of things this team has done over the years, I'm pretty much immune to it all by now.

badfish22
02-08-2010, 04:05 PM
The only part that Cuban should read in that article is this:

Nowtizki is saying he's not having much fun this season, despite Dallas' solid record, and it's now that you have to mention that Dirk could be a free agent after this season.
lol rape

monosylab1k
02-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Giving up Beaubois to get a guy marginally better than Josh is stupidity at it's finest.

Then again, nearly every Mavs fan here thought Kidd for Davis/Kaman was a bad idea so why wouldn't they want to trade away the one young talent our team has.

Findog
02-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Giving up Beaubois to get a guy marginally better than Josh is stupidity at it's finest.

Butler is marginally better than Josh? Josh sucks. And Haywood is a good two-way center.

Then again, nearly every Mavs fan here thought Kidd for Davis/Kaman was a bad idea so why wouldn't they want to trade away the one young talent our team has

It would be. I'd love Kaman, but the Clips can keep Davis. He's a bum. When was Kidd for Kaman ever on the table?

Shank
02-08-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm apprehensive of giving up Roddy B as he represents this team's only real youth. I don't think they'll move him unless a trade assures they'll replace his potential. We're seeing the writing on the wall for Barea. DNPs for a guy that was starting just a couple weeks ago?

I'm all for the mentality of the "win now" mode, but there has to be something viable for 2-3 years down the road. Right now, it's only Beaubois as part of that movement.

Holy crap, that's frightening.

Lars
02-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Morey probably pulls the trigger on this one. It wont make us a legit contender but it brings Yao, Battier, Butler, Brooks and Landry all off the books in time for the new CBA.

mavsfan1000
02-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Beaubois for Butler is Kidd trade part 2.

stretch
02-08-2010, 05:58 PM
It would be. I'd love Kaman, but the Clips can keep Davis. He's a bum. When was Kidd for Kaman ever on the table?

he says it all the time. i wont say hes lying, but i havent seen him show proof of it either, that Kidd for Baron/Kaman was legitimately on the table.

stretch
02-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm apprehensive of giving up Roddy B as he represents this team's only real youth. I don't think they'll move him unless a trade assures they'll replace his potential. We're seeing the writing on the wall for Barea. DNPs for a guy that was starting just a couple weeks ago?

I've been thinking the exact same thing for a while now too.

sribb43
02-08-2010, 06:12 PM
None of the players being mentioned to the mavs make them on par with LA oe even better than Denver....mavs will be in salary cap hell if they go for iggy

badfish22
02-08-2010, 06:44 PM
None of the players being mentioned to the mavs make them on par with LA oe even better than Denver....mavs will be in salary cap hell if they go for iggy

God just two weeks ago the Mavs were second in the conference and Mavfan was riding high, saying that we're a piece away from LA. Now we go through a slump and all of a sudden we got no chance to even be better than Denver.

urunobili
02-08-2010, 07:11 PM
lol Beaubois becoming the new Luol Deng

badfish22
02-08-2010, 07:12 PM
lol Beaubois becoming the new Luol Deng

This is what he did in a short amount of time last game

y87pQNB4pZA

If he were a spur you would be jizzing your pants, dont lie.

urunobili
02-08-2010, 07:18 PM
yo fish... for real... he is looking really well... though i would definitively not me jizzing my pants... I have DeJuan Blair already filling that role...

DPG21920
02-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Baron Davis is most certainly not a scrub or washed up and would thrive in the Mavs system with Dirk. Not to mention he can still lock guys up defensively. He takes a lot of games off and you can question his heart, but he when he decides to play he is still capable of being a beast.

mavsfan1000
02-08-2010, 07:36 PM
The article sucks. The guy writing it gives Butler way too much credit or underrates what Beaubois can do. We expect more than Butler if we trade Beaubois. But then again we made that stupid Kidd trade.

badfish22
02-08-2010, 07:42 PM
The article sucks. The guy writing it gives Butler way too much credit or underrates what Beaubois can do. We expect more than Butler if we trade Beaubois. But then again we made that stupid Kidd trade.

Beaubois isn't that good yet. He cant get a proven all star all by himself in a trade.

mavsfan1000
02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Beaubois isn't that good yet. He cant get a proven all star all by himself in a trade.
His potential along with what he has already proven with limited minutes should be an eye opener. Especially for a team that wants to rebuild.

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 08:19 PM
He takes a lot of games off and you can question his heart

we already have more than one of those type of players. why would we add another?

DPG21920
02-08-2010, 08:37 PM
we already have more than one of those type of players. why would we add another?

Because talent wins. I would take games off too if my owner was a racist and my team sucked.

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Because talent wins. I would take games off too if my owner was a racist and my team sucked.

he's a 44% chucker over his career, he's not that talented

Rogue
02-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Butler>>Josh

That's why you're such a moronic motherfucker as the bold illustrates. There's no need to waste the time arguing that Smokey is quite an valuable piece of stock on the Mavs squad that they should make the most of, as well as Dampier's contract. In a swap from Josh to Butler you would only get exactly what the Wizards have been trying to get rid of and your own squad wouldn't get an ounce of quality upgrade through such a trade. Despite how damn good Josh used to be, right now this guy has no other value outside his contract which expires when summer comes and it's not even rumor that there're quite a lot of teams seeking such contracts. Even the Rockets are planning to make a frogleap by convecting the prodigious Tracy stock into some instant upgrade, and it doesn't require rocket science to finish the calculation that Josh and Damp's salary plus values roughly as much as T-Mac's.

The only reason Rockets are rumored to pick Butler over Iggy is the Rockets have a cheapass owner identically the same as Spurs owner that won't agree to lose even one dime for luxury tax. The very basic condition for taking Iggy is swallowing either Dalembert's contracts or Brand's, neither of which is far beyond Houston's afford but both are only desserts for Mark Cuban's stomach. Not to mention you don't necessarily have to lose Dampier to get done a deal that brings you both Iggy and Brand, or Iggy and Dalembert.

DPG21920
02-08-2010, 09:00 PM
he's a 44% chucker over his career, he's not that talented

:lol, just because he is not a good shooter means he is not talented.

Rogue
02-08-2010, 09:01 PM

If the 76ers happened to be too dumb to make such a deal with Mavs I'd rather remain the same formation and wait for summer to make some deeper changes than pick up a used piece of tampon like what you are.

Rogue
02-08-2010, 09:12 PM

Kidd/Roddy
Ellis/Josh
Iggy/Marion
Najera?/Singleton?

it seems like a horrible crossover to pile up two elites in Marion and Iggy at the same spot, but that's indeed not an unsolvable condition when it comes to your mind that Marion can be promoted to PF with Dirk at C. That's why I've been advocating a trade involving Dampier whose contract would generate a tremendous dilemma if Mavs keep it till summer, when the Mavs will only have to options on it: either let him walk elsewhere or pick up the team option to pay him 13 million for his service in 10-11, given that Dampier won't accept minimum and Mavs won't afford a mid-level demand.

Rogue
02-08-2010, 09:24 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with you, I just dont think Mavs would do it. Donnie loves draft steals, mostly because he never gets them. Look at how long it took them to finally be open for trading Josh. Donnie only throws in Roddy for a superstar. Plus donnie and cuban really like Roddy.

But I don't really want to see Roddy go either. His jumpshot is crazy good. I don't know how you guard him once he gets smarter and gets more experience.
It's undeniable Rodrígue Beaubois has considerable potential and will probably become a perennial all-star in years, and presumably the very likely consequence of trading him is tons of blames/criticisms thrown in as a sequel of Harris-Kidd deal. But it should be quite clear that such blames/criticisms the Kidd trade has received are absolute nonsense. The Mavs are working for present rather than future with all their pivots on the wrong age side of 30. If Mavs start rebuilding without a ring won by this current crew, jeer should be something well deserved and quite inexorable for this team no matter if they have Rodrígue Beaubois on squad. Rodrígue would only make a rebuilding team look prettier but never would bring such a team anywhere less pathetic that reality. Personally I don't think Kevin Martin gives the Kings better potential than Clippers who have absolute no talent of youth.

badfish22
02-08-2010, 09:25 PM
it seems like a horrible crossover to pile up two elites in Marion and Iggy at the same spot, but that's indeed not an unsolvable condition when it comes to your mind that Marion can be promoted to PF with Dirk at C. That's why I've been advocating a trade involving Dampier whose contract would generate a tremendous dilemma if Mavs keep it till summer, when the Mavs will only have to options on it: either let him walk elsewhere or pick up the team option to pay him 13 million for his service in 10-11, given that Dampier won't accept minimum and Mavs won't afford a mid-level demand.

LOL dirk at center. You're a bigger dumbshit than I previously thought.

Rogue
02-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Dirk at least would player finer than a shit did and we all saw how that shit worked out as a starting center playing 36min a night on a professional basketball team in Houston.

badfish22
02-08-2010, 09:51 PM
You thinking a front court of Dirk and marion at the 4+5 would have any shot in the playoffs confirms you know nothing about basketball and only continue to post to fulfill your role as a less funny culburn.

mavsfan1000
02-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Lol it's Spurstalk tradition to followup an explanation with an insult. But I do agree that Dirk at center would be disasterous.

badfish22
02-08-2010, 10:16 PM
It's undeniable Rodrígue Beaubois has considerable potential and will probably become a perennial all-star in years, and presumably the very likely consequence of trading him is tons of blames/criticisms thrown in as a sequel of Harris-Kidd deal. But it should be quite clear that such blames/criticisms the Kidd trade has received are absolute nonsense. The Mavs are working for present rather than future with all their pivots on the wrong age side of 30. If Mavs start rebuilding without a ring won by this current crew, jeer should be something well deserved and quite inexorable for this team no matter if they have Rodrígue Beaubois on squad. Rodrígue would only make a rebuilding team look prettier but never would bring such a team anywhere less pathetic that reality. Personally I don't think Kevin Martin gives the Kings better potential than Clippers who have absolute no talent of youth.

If you read post #20, I said that I don't disagree with trading Roddy for the right players I just don't think Cuban would do it. And what do you know look what cuban just said: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallasmavericks/post/_/id/4665553/cuban-beaubois-is-pretty-much-untouchable

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 10:19 PM
:lol, just because he is not a good shooter means he is not talented.

We need a legit 2nd scoring option, not a poor shooter and Jho clone

Rogue
02-08-2010, 10:21 PM
You thinking a front court of Dirk and marion at the 4+5 would have any shot in the playoffs confirms you know nothing about basketball and only continue to post to fulfill your role as a less funny culburn.
I was just suggesting a move that could possible make the Mavs a tremendously better team in instance. At least I wasn't being so retarded to consider Butler an upgrade over Smokey Howard. It's easily figured Smokey is currently at the lowest point ever of value but his expiring contract is quite a decent bait that may probably draw much more than what Butler is worth.

Rogue
02-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Lol it's Spurstalk tradition to followup an explanation with an insult. But I do agree that Dirk at center would be disasterous.
Implosion has never been something traditional on Mavs fraternity but it's common scene on Spurstalk that idiots get excoriated when spouting out stupid claims, and if you have yet to be accustomed to this you're welcome to leave or to stay in silence. BTW badbitch22 isn't actually a Mavs fan, nor are you bullsfan1000.

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Implosion has never been something traditional on Mavs fraternity but it's common scene on Spurstalk that idiots get excoriated when spouting out stupid claims, and if you have yet to be accustomed to this you're welcome to leave or to stay in silence. BTW badbitch22 isn't actually a Mavs fan, nor are you bullsfan1000.

:lmao

badfish22
02-08-2010, 10:37 PM
:lmao

Do you blow your tiny load everytime rougue makes an unoriginal attempt to be funny and/or clever?

Findog
02-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Baron Davis is most certainly not a scrub or washed up and would thrive in the Mavs system with Dirk. Not to mention he can still lock guys up defensively. He takes a lot of games off and you can question his heart, but he when he decides to play he is still capable of being a beast.

Baron Davis has packed it in and found a reason to quit every place he's been: Hornets, Warriors, Clippers. He had one legendary series (at the expense of my team unfortunately), and left Golden State on bad terms. He'd find a reason to mentally check out in Dallas too. No thanks.

mavs>spurs2
02-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Do you blow your tiny load everytime rougue makes an unoriginal attempt to be funny and/or clever?

You can say a lot of things about rogue, but unoriginal isn't one of them. The shit he comes up with cracks me up every time, I'm sorry if it's usually at your expense :lol

Rogue
02-08-2010, 10:53 PM
If you read post #20, I said that I don't disagree with trading Roddy for the right players I just don't think Cuban would do it. And what do you know look what cuban just said: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallasmavericks/post/_/id/4665553/cuban-beaubois-is-pretty-much-untouchable
Since Don Nelson's departure the Mavs have never recruited a big fresh face to Dallas, which was only explainable when it takes into consideration Cuban's skewed fetish for his boys in blue despite how much some of them suck. Cuban just entitles every proposed trade "a lateral move" and intentionally permits his paranoia to prevail over the basic facts. Kidd was the only big named acquired during this campaign but he still wasn't a new name in Dallas considering he used to play on Mavs in the mid 90s.

mavsfan1000
02-08-2010, 11:21 PM
What a surprise. Kidd comes out of the game and the mavs start playing better. Really Kidd looks done or fatigued. His minutes need to be reduced.

sook
02-08-2010, 11:28 PM
dirk at Center might be able to do more than some 7'6' pieces of shit