PDA

View Full Version : As you can see...

Interrohater
02-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm safe and sound, for the peoples that wished me well. I've been here in Iraq for the last month and have finally gotten settled in. I have regular access to the internet and I'll be getting back on Spurstalk more often.

Things have really slowed down here since my last deployment. With the new Status of Forces Agreement, a lot of us are confined to the compounds and it's hard to get out on patrols and whatnot. It's still a combat area and a very dangerous place, but nothing like last time.

I've met only one NBA fan here, and he's a Lakers fan (figures). My internet is not fast enough to watch any games on the internet feeds, so I guess I'm out of luck there. I'll be looking forward to reading all of your game thoughts on every game, or at least every few games. It seems to me that nothing has changed (with the team) since I left a month ago. No gelling and no permanent lineup still.

I did do some thinking after lurking here recently and reading a lot of negative posts. I was thinking that our time as an elite team may slowly be coming to an end. Sure, we can start all over next year with a whole crop of new players again, but it's another year on the aging legs of our foundation, Big Fundamental. We'll still be a great team that will win a lot of games, but the elite teams are no longer scared of playing the big bad San Antonio Spurs. I thought about the Memorial Day Miracle and where I was sitting at the Alamodome, with tears coming to my eyes 'cause I was screaming so hard. The playoff game I attended in Phoenix in 2003, and I represented with face and body paint in the cheap seats, amidst all the retarded Suns fans. Sitting in floor seats at Sean Elliott's return-from-surgery-game. The time the Army transfered me and my wife during the 2005 playoffs, so we watched the Finals on a 3 inch handheld TV in an empty apartment.

This team has provided me so many good memories that I've come to realize that I'm ok with the suckitude. The mighty must inevitably fall. I can't wait to buy the newest Spurs' jerseys in about 5 years, when we're in rebuilding mode. I'll still be shaking my head that Hoops magazine disregards the Spurs and I'll still be looked at like I'm crazy because I've watched all 82 games of a Spurs regular season. I'm a Spurs fan and I'll always keep the hope alive, because that's what we do :flag:

FalleNxWiZarDx
02-08-2010, 03:04 PM
I love you man, and thank you for your dedication in fighting for our Freedom.

dude, do you got a camera? can you post lots and lots of pics?

thanks! and god bless you

Interrohater
02-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Haha, thanks! I don't have a camera now, but my wife sent me one about 3 weeks ago. Hopefully it gets here soon. Yea, I was going to post pics for the forum wearing my Spurs gear, but by the time I get my gear out here, the season might be over!

raspsa
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Its the cyclical nature of things.. one can only hope the Spurs wandering in the wilderness once Timmy retires isn't a prolonged one. Stay safe.

duncan228
02-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Nice to hear from you Interrohater. Stay safe.

scottspurs
02-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Thank you and stay safe

LoneStarState'sPride
02-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Stay safe, my friend. Appreciate your service!

I. Hustle
02-08-2010, 04:09 PM
My little bro is in Iraq right now.

Blackjack
02-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Nice post:tu (figures we'd have a quality poster shipped off to Iraq..)

Glad to see you're able to check in and stay somewhat up to speed, so don't be a stranger.

Stay safe, bro.:toast

iManu
02-08-2010, 06:56 PM
It doesn't matter who wins or who loses,

it's how the SPURS play the game.

Thank you, my friend, for bringing us back down to earth. :toast

Muser
02-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks, you're the true hero :tu.

jdev82
02-08-2010, 07:35 PM
:wrongf
I'm safe and sound, for the peoples that wished me well. I've been here in Iraq for the last month and have finally gotten settled in. I have regular access to the internet and I'll be getting back on Spurstalk more often.

Things have really slowed down here since my last deployment. With the new Status of Forces Agreement, a lot of us are confined to the compounds and it's hard to get out on patrols and whatnot. It's still a combat area and a very dangerous place, but nothing like last time.

I've met only one NBA fan here, and he's a Lakers fan (figures). My internet is not fast enough to watch any games on the internet feeds, so I guess I'm out of luck there. I'll be looking forward to reading all of your game thoughts on every game, or at least every few games. It seems to me that nothing has changed (with the team) since I left a month ago. No gelling and no permanent lineup still.

I did do some thinking after lurking here recently and reading a lot of negative posts. I was thinking that our time as an elite team may slowly be coming to an end. Sure, we can start all over next year with a whole crop of new players again, but it's another year on the aging legs of our foundation, Big Fundamental. We'll still be a great team that will win a lot of games, but the elite teams are no longer scared of playing the big bad San Antonio Spurs. I thought about the Memorial Day Miracle and where I was sitting at the Alamodome, with tears coming to my eyes 'cause I was screaming so hard. The playoff game I attended in Phoenix in 2003, and I represented with face and body paint in the cheap seats, amidst all the retarded Suns fans. Sitting in floor seats at Sean Elliott's return-from-surgery-game. The time the Army transfered me and my wife during the 2005 playoffs, so we watched the Finals on a 3 inch handheld TV in an empty apartment.

This team has provided me so many good memories that I've come to realize that I'm ok with the suckitude. The mighty must inevitably fall. I can't wait to buy the newest Spurs' jerseys in about 5 years, when we're in rebuilding mode. I'll still be shaking my head that Hoops magazine disregards the Spurs and I'll still be looked at like I'm crazy because I've watched all 82 games of a Spurs regular season. I'm a Spurs fan and I'll always keep the hope alive, because that's what we do :flag:

no one gives a shit. if this were a thread about idiocy, you would be free to post about being in the military. it is not, and personally, i dont care if youre alright or not, because i believe that if you were dumb enough to join the military, you deserve whatever you get, especially if that means being removed from the gene pool before you can spawn more sub-human retards. fuck off, and dont post shit about war in a sports forum.

John_spurs
02-08-2010, 07:42 PM

no one gives a shit. if this were a thread about idiocy, you would be free to post about being in the military. it is not, and personally, i dont care if youre alright or not, because i believe that if you were dumb enough to join the military, you deserve whatever you get, especially if that means being removed from the gene pool before you can spawn more sub-human retards. fuck off, and dont post shit about war in a sports forum.

Wow, that's a little hard don't you think?

I mean, i could agree with the fact that you're clearly against the war (as i'm sure we all are), but you could have said it differently - more politely-

cnyc3
02-08-2010, 07:43 PM

dude, you're an idiot

Baseline
02-08-2010, 07:59 PM

Beautiful post, man. We're with you here in the States. Thank you so much for what you're doing. I certainly appreciate it, always have always will, and for the life of me will never understand why some Americans castigate military personnel.

You're right - the Spurs are really not that different now than they were a month ago, but on the brighter side, we might catch a break on this current rodeo trip with some injuries to other teams. We might catch both the Lakers and Nuggets at less than full stength, and then after the break we play Eastern Conference teams who aren't as strong in the first place. At this point we'll take all the breaks we can get.

So maybe we can turn it around with a really good rodeo trip, like maybe 6-2.

Keep the faith, Interrohater.

Dro210
02-08-2010, 08:07 PM

What a d-bag... I would say I hope your house burns down and you die in the fire, but then I wouldn't be any better than you....

Interrohater... Thank you and stay safe man. Keep holdin it down for the Spurs over there, and we'll keep doin it over here. Like you said, win or lose, the Spurs are still OUR Spurs... but I'm not ready to write this year off yet.

urunobili
02-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Interrohater has fans all over the world! your statements about the Spurs current status is actually pretty accurate!

We should send you some Spurs goodies to add to your helmets and stuff like that so you can take some photos with it!

And maybe make some more Spurs fans there too!

good to c you creating threads! keep it up!

Sisk
02-08-2010, 08:18 PM

are you fucking serious? a mod should delete this trash and ban this guy

Glad to hear everything's OK with you over there, hope you stay safe. I agree with everything you said. Let's hope it's not over quite yet though
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

spurs10
02-08-2010, 08:21 PM
All the best to you Interrohater. Glad you're safe..stay that way. GSG!!!

Obviously the idiot in post #12 didn't actually read your completely non-political, all about the Spurs, good vibe post, so pay him no mind.

Bukefal
02-08-2010, 08:36 PM
I dont approve the military and the war and americans in iraq either. It's stupid yes, but that's another thing. No need to react like that jdev82. WTF is ur problem.

Anyway, It's nice to see a Spurs fan so far away!! And good you got some time to share us your thoughts! Too bad you can't watch the games on internet, but on ST you will be up to dated on everything, even more than really necessary :P

Take care man! :toast Cheers

timtonymanu
02-08-2010, 09:15 PM
stay safe interro. thank you for everything you've done. GO SPURS GO!!!!

dont mind jdev, just another lowlife.

jdev82
02-09-2010, 02:24 AM
yes, i couldve voiced it more politely, or just not posted at all. i had a shitty day at work, and came home to find out that my brothers baby momma joined the marines, which is terrible for their son. my apologies, interrorhater, i acted inappropriatly and said things i dont mean. i hate the military, but those feelings do not extend towards soldiers. i do not agree with your decisions, but im glad to know that a fellow human being and a fellow spurs fan is alright in a dangerous situation. please accept my apology, and come home safe.

Blackjack
02-09-2010, 02:31 AM
A deserving pinking but a questionable punishment; the color's probably some sense of pride ...

Interrohater
02-09-2010, 04:06 AM
Wow, this wasn't supposed to be a political post or a "Hey, respect me because I'm in the Army" type thing. I've been on this forum for awhile and was just chiming in. I also don't agree with the war, but here I am, trying to help these Iraqi's make a better life for themselves. There's a lot of suffering here man, and it was here before we came and it'll stay after we leave.

I didn't join the Army because I'm some sort of war-hungry, bloodthirsty cowboy. I joined because I felt it was my duty as an American. All the things we take for granted, all of our freedoms that we neglect did not come easily and I felt it was the only way I could repay the debt I had accrued. The Army does a lot more than just fight. We're building schools, hospitals, curing the sick, feeding the hungry, restoring pride and hope.

Anyway, again, I don't want to make this about "the war" or opinions on our military. Everyone's got a different viewpoint and as free Americans, we're allowed to express that viewpoint.

Urunobili gave me a great idea. When I get my gear out here, I'll take some pics with an Iraqi wearing Spurs gear! I will teach them in the ways of the Fundamental. Iraq is an untapped market! Can someone contact Peter Holt so we can start a marketing blitz in Iraq? They get free satellite TV here!

Rogue
02-09-2010, 04:22 AM

I guess this wanker was also once a soldier yet got leached from military for raping an Iraqi fuckface bitch on a mission of sealing a local brothel, and started hating the troops ever since.