PDA

View Full Version : Palin Hand Notes Are Alarming, Embarrassing

DMX7
02-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Take a look at Sarah Palin's hand here, on which she apparently wrote notes on in anticipation of being asked at the Tea Party convention what the priorities of a Republican congress should be. Her hand read: "Energy ... Tax cuts ... Lift American spirit." A few thoughts:

If she had written "bread ... milk ... eggs" on her hand, or even a phone number, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. And if, say, a congressman had written "pay the electric bill," we would have thought it was charming, like Uncle Billy in It's a Wonderful Life tying strings on his fingers to remember to make the bank deposit. We're all forgetful, we all have a million things to do, and sometimes we write reminders on our hands. I understand that.

Unfortunately, Mrs. Palin didn't write down a reminder for an everyday errand. Instead she felt she had to write down basic political priorities, core issues for the GOP. That's the problem. Imagine if President Obama were at a similar Q&A session and the camera caught the words "Hope ... Change" on his hand.

At a certain age and at a certain professional level, it's really not cool to write the big stuff down on your hand. Yellow stickies, maybe. BlackBerry, maybe. But if you were sitting in your doctor's office after an exam, and saw that he'd written on his hand: "Diagnose Illness ... Write Prescription," you'd be more than alarmed.

If Sarah Palin was nervous about taking questions, she had a lot of options: She could have sat at a table with notes in front of her, stood at a podium with an outline, or even sat on the couch like she did, but with index cards in her hand. People do that all the time in panel discussions and ask-the-candidate forums. Like the Tea Party keynote speech she gave and her book before that, this incident shows that she doesn't care to take the time to be prepared, to engage in serious policy discussions, or even to rely on issue briefing materials before speaking. She booked this appearance months ago and knew that both her speech and Q&A would be highly anticipated by the media and voters. I'm not sure how many more times she can get away with it. But in the mean time it's embarrassing.

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/mary-kate-cary/2010/02/08/palin-hand-notes-are-alarming-embarrassing.html

coyotes_geek
02-08-2010, 07:20 PM
A politician using notes to help remember talking points? Say it isn't so. :sleep

spursncowboys
02-08-2010, 07:23 PM
You mean the teleprompter doesn't make the notes for them?

CubanMustGo
02-08-2010, 07:24 PM
After you blast someone for using a teleprompter it's really not smart to be caught with crib notes inked on your hand.

ChumpDumper
02-08-2010, 07:26 PM
It's about as valid an argument as bitching about the teleprompter -- meaning it's a stupid wasted of time.

She said stupid shit though. That can certainly be discussed.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Hand notes = bad
"corpseman" from intelligent president = good

Dan Quayle-ish?

ChumpDumper
02-08-2010, 07:27 PM
All I would say is I'm sure her PAC can afford a single index card.

DMX7
02-08-2010, 07:30 PM
A politician using notes to help remember talking points? Say it isn't so. :sleep

Not as they blast someone else for something similar.

ChumpDumper
02-08-2010, 07:32 PM
That's a shitty blog entry. I think the most likely reason she did it was to try to make a reputation for herself as someone who speaks without notes. Nothing alarming about that. Embarrassing? Meh.

spursncowboys
02-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Obama reads off a teleprompter. That isn't similar.

coyotes_geek
02-08-2010, 07:46 PM

Actually it is.

ChumpDumper
02-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Obama reads off a teleprompter. That isn't similar.http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00572/Sarah-Palin_280_572057a.jpg

Notes AND a teleprompter!

OMG!!!!111!!!

coyotes_geek
02-08-2010, 07:49 PM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00572/Sarah-Palin_280_572057a.jpg

OMG!!!!111!!!

/thread

George Gervin's Afro
02-08-2010, 08:40 PM

you're an idiot.. now that palin has been shown to use a teleprompter are you going to defend her? Mr 'I'm feigning outrage that Obama uses a teleprompter'?

:lmao

ChumpDumper
02-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Their feigned outrage is alarming, disturbing.

Yonivore
02-08-2010, 09:35 PM
After you blast someone for using a teleprompter it's really not smart to be caught with crib notes inked on your hand.
4 quick notes to stay on topic and remind one of all the points they wish to make does not a teleprompter equal.

Obama would have been well served by a few crib notes here:

omHUsRTYFAU

spursncowboys
02-08-2010, 09:36 PM
you're an idiot.. now that palin has been shown to use a teleprompter are you going to defend her? Mr 'I'm feigning outrage that Obama uses a teleprompter'?

Oh yeah. I got burned on that one. Good catch... Dumbass. Every president uses a teleprompter. Not everyone uses it for 6th graders. Im not outraged about this. You use this same retort to everyone about some kind of outrage. You're a moron. I think it is typical of msm to let obama get away with using the teleprompter for every speech, including press conferences. Then for them to go after palin for using notes she wrote on her hand. I give her points for trying to remember something she wanted to mention after the preping. You cheerleading so loud don't see the hypocrisy in what you are saying. Keep those beneficial one liners or personal attacks and no real commentary. I fart in your general direction.

Yonivore
02-08-2010, 09:38 PM

Talk to me when Palin takes the teleprompter into a room of school children. Besides, at the convention, it is my understanding she went extemporaneous for most of the speech after a teleprompter failure.

Obama can't seem to string an intelligent sentence together when the TOTUS hiccups.

Wild Cobra
02-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Talk to me when Obama tells us who the woman is who wanted to be buried in an Obama T-Shirt, or who these Corpse-men are?

spursncowboys
02-08-2010, 10:09 PM
how many of these were from the teleprompter?
a_DP8VWkNqE&feature

Wild Cobra
02-08-2010, 10:12 PM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00572/Sarah-Palin_280_572057a.jpg

OMG!!!!111!!!
Irrelavant...

No teleprompter in the discussion we are speaking about.

Has anyone yet posted what is so contentious about what she said after doing her palm reading?

Wild Cobra
02-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Palin Hand Notes Are Alarming, Embarrassing
Why are you liberals embarrassed by this topic? Is it because Obama can't even speak well with a teleprompter?

DarrinS
02-08-2010, 10:28 PM
This is alarming and embarrassing, especially for a commander-in-chief.

ZlKIfzoC8D0

Cant_Be_Faded
02-08-2010, 11:46 PM
i would do shocking alarming things to her naked body

since all politicians suck and sell out the common taxpaying citizen, since no leader will ever do anything to get this country back on track, i might actually jump on the Palin bandwagon when she runs for president. why not? won't matter much either way.

Winehole23
02-08-2010, 11:56 PM
That's a shitty blog entry. I think the most likely reason she did it was to try to make a reputation for herself as someone who speaks without notes.Plausible. Palin's talks frequently come across as being ex tempore rather than prepared.

Is Sarah Palin *washing her clean linen* in public?

Again?:lol

The amount of women in London who flirt with their own husbands is perfectly scandalous. It looks so bad.It is simply washing one's clean linen in public.

Marcus Bryant
02-08-2010, 11:59 PM
This is an issue? I mean, reading from notes or a teleprompter?

It's little wonder the Republic has died when this is what the retarded concern themselves with.

SouthernFried
02-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Alarming...just alarming.

Blake
02-09-2010, 12:44 AM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w122/wboxerw19/SarahPalinRunner.jpg

Palin bowing to the camera man is alarming..........embarassing

ChumpDumper
02-09-2010, 04:04 AM
Irrelavant...Of course it is.

No teleprompter in the discussion we are speaking about.You're a fucking idiot if you don't think we've been talking about teleprompters.

Has anyone yet posted what is so contentious about what she said after doing her palm reading?I said it's as stupid as whining about Obama and teleprompters.

Thanks to you and all the other fucking idiots for proving my point for me.

Fucking idiot.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2010, 04:07 AM
Plausible. Palin's talks frequently come across as being ex tempore rather than prepared.

Is Sarah Palin *washing her clean linen* in public?

Again?:lolWorked for Nixon. Kind of.

It's little wonder the Republic has died when this is what the retarded concern themselves with.You used the "R" word.

Correctly.

scott
02-09-2010, 10:08 AM
What's truly alarming and embarrassing is that any American could think Sarah Palin would be a good public leader. She's a slightly above-average looking 40something moron. This country is full of them, that doesn't mean we should have one leading anything other than a Tupperware party.

clambake
02-09-2010, 10:55 AM
she should be on orange county housewives.

but she wouldn't succeed in that challenge.

DarrinS
02-09-2010, 11:11 AM
What's truly alarming and embarrassing is that any American could think Sarah Palin would be a good public leader. She's a slightly above-average looking 40something moron. This country is full of them, that doesn't mean we should have one leading anything other than a Tupperware party.

But Joe Biden is a genius. Ok, I get it.

coyotes_geek
02-09-2010, 11:13 AM

Biden makes Dan Quayle look like Einstein.

ElNono
02-09-2010, 11:15 AM

Joe Biden is embarrassing and a moron, but he's hardly in any kind of leading role at all. And that Biden is terrible doesn't really exonerate Palin at all.

Oh, Gee!!
02-09-2010, 11:18 AM
2012 Campaign Speech Crib Notes:

9-11
Terrarists
Birth Certificate??
Drill Baby Drill

TeyshaBlue
02-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Joe Biden is embarrassing and a moron, but he's hardly in any kind of leading role at all. And that Biden is terrible doesn't really exonerate Palin at all.

Yeah, the VP does nothing. :lol:lmao

But you're right. Really means nothing in a Palin discussion.

coyotes_geek
02-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Joe Biden is embarrassing and a moron, but he's hardly in any kind of leading role at all.

No, but he's only one heartbeat away from one. Anyone who was legitimately worried about the possibility of Palin becoming VP should be doubly worried about Biden actually becoming the VP.

And that Biden is terrible doesn't really exonerate Palin at all.

True. Darrin just wants to play the "there's an idiot on your team too" game.

ElNono
02-09-2010, 11:33 AM
No, but he's only one heartbeat away from one. Anyone who was legitimately worried about the possibility of Palin becoming VP should be doubly worried about Biden actually becoming the VP.

He's been a lap dog since the Obama's campaign picked him. Darrin would have a point if Joe was a ruthless warmonger like Cheney (with his Halliburton background and all). Let's be realistic here. Joe is too dumb to do anything other than smile for the old ladies.

Blake
02-09-2010, 11:52 AM

doubly?

eh, maybe half.

Sportcamper
02-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Demos need to chill out when it comes to Sara Palin…She is a nice lady with conservative values but she is a political “B” player…Does any Republican really want to see her debate President Obama?

Somewhere in this country there is a graduate of West Point or Annapolis or Air Force Academy, over 50 years old, who is a true leader….:tu

DarrinS
02-09-2010, 12:18 PM
He's been a lap dog since the Obama's campaign picked him. Darrin would have a point if Joe was a ruthless warmonger like Cheney (with his Halliburton background and all). Let's be realistic here. Joe is too dumb to do anything other than smile for the old ladies.

The difference is, conservatives don't hate Biden with a passion like the left hates Palin.

I just think he's a bit goofy, but not evil.

rjv
02-09-2010, 12:27 PM

It's little wonder the Republic has died when this is what the retarded concern themselves with.

now palin is going to have issues with you!

BRHornet45
02-09-2010, 12:29 PM
sons I would give it to her so hard

coyotes_geek
02-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Demos need to chill out when it comes to Sara Palin…She is a nice lady with conservative values but she is a political “B” player…Does any Republican really want to see her debate President Obama?

Republicans might want to see her debate Obama, but she doesn't want any part of that. She's not even a political player any more. She's moved on to being a political pundit. Frankly I don't blame her. Better pay, less stress.

clambake
02-09-2010, 12:30 PM
sons I would give it to her so hard

would you give it to her "vince carter" hard?

sorry man, that was mean.

BRHornet45
02-09-2010, 01:00 PM
would you give it to her "vince carter" hard?

sorry man, that was mean.

son I would also give it to her Jonny Flynn hard as well.

ElNono
02-09-2010, 02:07 PM
The difference is, conservatives don't hate Biden with a passion like the left hates Palin.

I just think he's a bit goofy, but not evil.

You have it all wrong. The left loves Palin. If you ask a guy from the left to pick a GOP candidate for the next election right now, 8/10 would pick her.

But THAT fact is what has the right all butthurt.

TeyshaBlue
02-09-2010, 02:10 PM
You have it all wrong. The left loves Palin. If you ask a guy from the left to pick a GOP candidate for the next election right now, 8/10 would pick her.

But THAT fact is what has the right all butthurt.

So the OP is an actual act of love and adoration? Ok then.

mogrovejo
02-09-2010, 02:10 PM
The left loves Sarah Palin the same way they loved Reagan in 78 - he was a radical dummy, with no intelligence or gravitas, that would never won a national election.

ElNono
02-09-2010, 02:15 PM
The left loves Sarah Palin the same way they loved Reagan in 78 - he was a radical dummy, with no intelligence or gravitas, that would never won a national election.

She was already a candidate. We know how that went.

ElNono
02-09-2010, 02:17 PM
So the OP is an actual act of love and adoration? Ok then.

No, the OP is an attention seeker. Palin gathers attention. Be it from the Cobra Commandos and Whotts of the world that think she's worth anything, or everybody else wondering what's the latest embarrassing thing she said.

She's also cashing in on that, which is fine by me.

TeyshaBlue
02-09-2010, 02:19 PM
lol @ Cobra Commandos. :lol

Yonivore
02-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Maybe I missed it. Did anyone ever say what was alarming and embarrassing about the notes on her hand?

clambake
02-09-2010, 08:38 PM
you mean her telepalmer?

Yonivore
02-09-2010, 08:40 PM
you mean her telepalmer?
She did 40 extemporaneous minutes from that palm. I'd like to see Obama go 40 seconds without a teleprompter.

George Gervin's Afro
02-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Maybe I missed it. Did anyone ever find the wmds?

clambake
02-09-2010, 08:41 PM
a 40 minute run-on sentence. i love her.

palin 2012

ChumpDumper
02-09-2010, 08:44 PM
She did 40 extemporaneous minutes from that palm.Actually she used the palm for Q&A.
I'd like to see Obama go 40 seconds without a teleprompter.He's done it.

You are outraged.

Yonivore
02-09-2010, 08:45 PM
a 40 minute run-on sentence. i love her.

palin 2012
Well, it wasn't 40 minutes of...

omHUsRTYFAU
Of course, I doubt you watched the Palin speech and probably have no idea how well or poorly she did except, of course, for what Olbermann, et. al. told you to think about the speech.

Say, when's the President gonna have another Press Conference?

clambake
02-09-2010, 08:45 PM
mount flushole

George Gervin's Afro
02-09-2010, 08:46 PM
She did 40 extemporaneous minutes from that palm. I'd like to see Obama go 40 seconds without a teleprompter.

Where have you been? He embarassed the GOP last week without a teleprompter.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Well, it wasn't 40 minutes of...

omHUsRTYFAUYou want us to post the Palin/Couric interview?

:lol

Oh, that's right -- Palin was a victim then too.

Outrage!

Yonivore
02-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Where have you been? He embarassed the GOP last week without a teleprompter.
Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then. The impact of his Baltimore visit appears minimal at best. He certainly can't perform consistently, at that level and, it makes one wonder how long he crammed for that session.

clambake
02-09-2010, 08:55 PM
how long, yoni?

ChumpDumper
02-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then. The impact of his Baltimore visit appears minimal at best. He certainly can't perform consistently, at that level and, it makes one wonder how long he crammed for that session.Palin certainly can't perform consistently at that level and it makes one wonder how long she crammed for that session.

You know, since she quit being governor because people were being mean to her.

Poor little victim....

George Gervin's Afro
02-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then. The impact of his Baltimore visit appears minimal at best. He certainly can't perform consistently, at that level and, it makes one wonder how long he crammed for that session.

Or he had the opportunity to dissect the weak arguments that were being used against him and his legislation... just a thought..

spursncowboys
02-09-2010, 09:02 PM
There should be a Godwin type law for bringing up Iraq.

Yonivore
02-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Or he had the opportunity to dissect the weak arguments that were being used against him and his legislation... just a thought..
He's had the opportunity since January 21, 2009. Hell, he's the most over-exposed President in this history of the nation and he can't find the bully pulpit long enough to "dissect the weak arguments" being used against him?

Nah, his Baltimore appearance was a flash that sated his rabid base...not much more. It's certainly not had any lasting affect on the popularity of his health care proposal.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2010, 09:04 PM
There should be a Godwin type law for bringing up Iraq.It's pretty much one of the biggest fuckups in American history. Sorry to remind you of that.

spursncowboys
02-09-2010, 09:05 PM

All he was doing was eloquently lieing. They had the representative who supposedly barry embarrased on Morn Joe the next morn and the guy had facts to show what bho was saying were lies. but he probably misunderstood the question.:rolleyes

clambake
02-09-2010, 09:06 PM
All he was doing was eloquently lieing. They had the representative who supposedly barry embarrased on Morn Joe the next morn and the guy had facts to show what bho was saying were lies. but he probably misunderstood the question.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2010, 09:07 PM
All he was doing was eloquently lieing. They had the representative who supposedly barry embarrased on Morn Joe the next morn and the guy had facts to show what bho was saying were lies.So why didn't he say that when he had the chance?

and lol you watch msnbc.

scott
02-10-2010, 01:28 AM

Does recognizing Palin is a moron constitute thinking Biden is a genius in your mind? Binary vision is problem #1 with modern American politics. It doesn't have to be A or B. Especially when both are idiots.

Wild Cobra
02-10-2010, 06:03 AM
Come on people. Nobody has answered me yet. I still want to know why are you liberals embarrassed by this topic? Is it because Obama can't even speak well with a teleprompter? What is it?

symple19
02-10-2010, 06:44 AM
Is anyone really surprised that Palin does something that 14 year old girls are known for?

Get back to me

Blake
02-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Come on people. Nobody has answered me yet. I still want to know why are you liberals embarrassed by this topic? Is it because Obama can't even speak well with a teleprompter? What is it?

who exactly is embarrassed by this topic?

SAGambler
02-10-2010, 01:08 PM

Let's see:

Couple of scribbles on a hand to make sure you hit all the subjects you want to cover.

Teleprompter from which you read a speech that someone else has written for you...

Sounds to me like you aren't quite comparing apples to apples here.

Oh, Gee!!
02-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Maybe I missed it. Did anyone ever say what was alarming and embarrassing about the notes on her hand?

alarming that she needed to scribble down on her hand her core beliefs so that she wouldn't forget them? embarrassing that she's a person americans have decided to idolize?

ploto
02-10-2010, 02:08 PM
She stood there making sarcastic remarks about Obama and a teleprompter WHILE she had cheat notes written on the palm of her hand. Like is so often the case with Palin, it is about hypocrisy. She TRIED to appear as if she was so well-informed and prepared that she needed no notes so she wrote them on her hand to hide them. She tried something that would be expected from a teenager, not a grown woman and former VP candidate. She attempted to put on an appearance that was false and did a really poor job of it on top of that.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2010, 02:44 PM
And the political forum continues it's rapid, inevitable decay.

DarrinS
02-10-2010, 02:51 PM
She stood there making sarcastic remarks about Obama and a teleprompter WHILE she had cheat notes written on the palm of her hand. Like is so often the case with Palin, it is about hypocrisy. She TRIED to appear as if she was so well-informed and prepared that she needed no notes so she wrote them on her hand to hide them. She tried something that would be expected from a teenager, not a grown woman and former VP candidate. She attempted to put on an appearance that was false and did a really poor job of it on top of that.

It does look cheesy to look at notes on your hand, but to equate these kind of broad reminders to verbatim teleprompter reading is just plain stupid.

ploto
02-10-2010, 02:54 PM
It does look cheesy to look at notes on your hand, but to equate these kind of broad reminders to verbatim teleprompter reading is just plain stupid.

I do not recall Obama using cheat notes on his hand for Q&A sessions.

I do, however, recall Palin using a teleprompter for speeches. That makes her a hypocrite.

DarrinS
02-10-2010, 02:55 PM
I do not recall Obama using cheat notes for Q&A sessions.

I do, however, recall Palin using a teleprompter for speeches.

corpse-man

CORPSE-MAN

WTF was that?

He should've written the correct pronunciation on his hand. :lmao

mogrovejo
02-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Obama used the teleprompter to address a government task-force with a dozen guys in a room.

People who are trying to make something out of such a minor event are hardcore partisans like ploto that are emotionally affected by any criticism of Obama.

Alarming and embarassing? Yawn.

ploto
02-10-2010, 02:58 PM
corpse-man

CORPSE-MAN

WTF was that?

He should've written the correct pronunciation on his hand. :lmao

Has nothing to do with the topic. Palin has used a teleprompter for speeches so to be snarky about it is hypocritical.

ploto
02-10-2010, 03:01 PM
People who are trying to make something out of such a minor event are hardcore partisans like ploto that are emotionally affected by any criticism of Obama.

Actually, I am not a partisan. Palin is just stupid and she makes women look stupid by her antics. She diminishes me and all women of substance by her ploys.

This topic is not even about Obama.

Winehole23
02-10-2010, 03:01 PM
And the political forum continues it's rapid, inevitable decay.It doesn't seem so different to me. There are a few good'ns who don't post much anymore, maybe you miss them?

DarrinS
02-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Didn't Obama use TOTUS at an elementary school?

I don't like how it obscures little Suzie's art work.

cYrvm-vGhbc

ploto
02-10-2010, 03:03 PM
And the political forum continues it's rapid, inevitable decay.

Why-- because I have an opinion that is different from yours? I would not let my kid get away with this, so why should I excuse a grown woman?

Winehole23
02-10-2010, 03:06 PM
People who are trying to make something out of such a minor event are hardcore partisans like ploto that are emotionally affected by any criticism of Obama. People who stoop reflexively to blacken Palin's detractors whatever they say, are just as bad.

Winehole23
02-10-2010, 03:07 PM
BTW, mogro, you're so laughably wrong about ploto you couldn't possibly be right. She's not a hardcore partisan. Not even close.

Winehole23
02-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Your indiscriminate name-calling (and the ill-mannered hauteur that underwrites it) will make it difficult for you to find allies among the posters most inclined to agree with you, mogrovejo.

ploto
02-10-2010, 03:26 PM
BTW, mogro, you're so laughably wrong about ploto you couldn't possibly be right. She's not a hardcore partisan. Not even close.

On some issues I am more conservative and on others I am more liberal.

I am openly pro-life, being against both abortion and the death penalty, which makes both sides mad at me.

I am personally for fiscal restraint and that is how I live my life, and I miss a time when there was anyone in power who seemed to be that way. Ironically, we had no deficit with a Democratic President.

However, I am considered liberal when it comes to issues of helping the poor, those without health insurance... I would much rather spend money to aid humanity than to destroy it in a war entered under false pretenses.

I have been accused of being anti-military but I have 2 relatives serving. I prefer that they put their lives on the line for something for which I agree and I simply do not.

I never completely agree with anyone and I have to choose my priorities when I make a choice among candidates.

I hate ignorant politicians, and to me both George W. and Palin are. I would rather vote for a well-informed person with whom I have some differences (Clinton).

I absolutely do not like that the women who seem to have risen lately are Palin and Pelosi-- both of whom make my gender look bad.

mogrovejo
02-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Actually, I am not a partisan. Palin is just stupid and she makes women look stupid by her antics. She diminishes me and all women of substance by her ploys.

I find your concept of collective guilt (in the case applied to a gender) highly disturbing. Especially coming from someone who uses arguments like "X is just stupid".

mogrovejo
02-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Ironically, we had no deficit with a Democratic President.Really? Who?

However, I am considered liberal when it comes to issues of helping the poor, those without health insurance... I would much rather spend money to aid humanity than to destroy it in a war entered under false pretenses.

So, you're a philanthropist. I don't think that's a political position.

Winehole23
02-10-2010, 03:34 PM
I find your concept of collective guilt (in the case applied to a gender) highly disturbing. Especially coming from someone who uses arguments like "X is just stupid".That's an opinion, mogro. When ploto makes an argument, you'll know it.

ploto
02-10-2010, 03:36 PM
I find your concept of collective guilt (in the case applied to a gender) highly disturbing. Especially coming from someone who uses arguments like "X is just stupid".

When a woman tries to reach a position based not upon her intellect, it diminishes others who try to aspire themselves. Other women get written off because of her and what she has done (or not done) when given the opportunity. When she tries to rely on being cutesy or uses notes written on her hand like she is running for Student Council, she hurts other women who come after her. She diminishes the chance that the next woman will be taken seriously.

And, yes, Palin is stupid-- uninformed, without intellectual curiosity.

ploto
02-10-2010, 03:36 PM
So, you're a philanthropist. I don't think that's a political position.

Universal healthcare is not a political position?

mogrovejo
02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
When a woman tries to reach a position based not upon her intellect, it diminishes others who try to aspire themselves. Other women get written off because of her and what she has done (or not done) when given the opportunity. When she tries to rely on being cutesy or uses notes written on her hand like she is running for Student Council, she hurts other women who come after her. She diminishes the chance that the next woman will be taken seriously.

Palin is a politician. Like Thatcher or Golda Meir. She tries to reach positions by presenting political positions and conquering votes. What's the difference?

What about a man? What about a black? Is Obama diminishing the chances that the next black man will be taken seriously because he relies so much on teleprompter?

I can't take the importance you put on a few words written on a hand seriously. If it was a man doing the same thing, would you say the exact same thing?

Again, your reasoning only makes sense to people who believe in collective guilt. I don't believe that what Palin or Hillary Clinton do, be it right or wrong, reflects upon every female politician. Once again, that kind of obscurantist reasoning is scary to me.

And, yes, Palin is stupid-- uninformed, without intellectual curiosity.

Again, those are merely petty personal insults. They don't belong in the political arena.

spursncowboys
02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
I am personally for fiscal restraint and that is how I live my life, and I miss a time when there was anyone in power who seemed to be that way. Ironically, we had no deficit with a Democratic President.

However, I am considered liberal when it comes to issues of helping the poor, those without health insurance... I would much rather spend money to aid humanity than to destroy it in a war entered under false pretenses. How can you be for restrain and then want to invest in supporting people to live. cutting out the entire defense wouldn't be able to fund medicare and medicaid and especially wouldn't fund the increase. Also what is help to you? Since our federal govt. has been "helping", has the amount of poor gone down? Have the people who received "help" not require it for long periods of time?

I have been accused of being anti-military but I have 2 relatives serving. I prefer that they put their lives on the line for something for which I agree and I simply do not. is there anything the military is involved in you do agree with?

I hate ignorant politicians, and to me both George W. and Palin are. I would rather vote for a well-informed person with whom I have some differences (Clinton).

Sounds like you are letting the sales pitch get in the way.

mogrovejo
02-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Universal healthcare is not a political position?

Not necessarily. I assume that when you said "I'd rather spend money" you were talking about your own money (or the money that you could convince other people to donate to your own pet causes). In my view that's philanthropy that deserves the highest praise.

spursncowboys
02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Stealing other people's money to give to poor isn't philanthropy.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Palin is a politician. Like Thatcher or Golda Meir. She tries to reach positions by presenting political positions and conquering votes. What's the difference?The difference is she's horrible.

What about a man? What about a black? Is Obama diminishing the chances that the next black man will be taken seriously because he relies so much on teleprompter?No, because that is a made up issue.

I can't take the importance you put on a few words written on a hand seriously. If it was a man doing the same thing, would you say the exact same thing?Yeah, I would say the same thing: index cards are cheap and plentiful.

Again, your reasoning only makes sense to people who believe in collective guilt. I don't believe that what Palin or Hillary Clinton do, be it right or wrong, reflects upon every female politician. Once again, that kind of obscurantist reasoning is scary to me.You're scared? :lol

Like it or not, these things have an effect, especially when dealing with power minorities.

Again, those are merely petty personal insults. They don't belong in the political arena.Are you the arbiter of what belongs in the political arena?

Your desire to control the thoughts of others might scare me if it wasn't so laughable.

spursncowboys
02-10-2010, 03:51 PM
ploto
Actually, I am not a partisan. Palin is just stupid and she makes women look stupid by her antics. She diminishes me and all women of substance by her ploys. That's sexist and egotistical. How does she lack the substance that you have?

mogrovejo
02-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Stealing other people's money to give to poor isn't philanthropy.

Yeah, I wouldn't call using other people's money, against their will, to promote one's pet causes philanthropy either. But that's not what she said - she merely mentioned "I'd rather spend money" and I assumed she was talking about her own money - hence that's philanthropy.

Winehole23
02-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't call using other people's money, against their will, to promote one's pet causes philanthropy either. But that's not what she said.Actually, that's what you said.

You called it philanthropy, pointed out public funds are involved, then it was suggested (by SnC) that ploto is a hypocrite for wishing public funds be spent on the public weal, because that is inconsistent with your own characterization of her as a philanthropist.

Winehole23
02-10-2010, 04:43 PM
I would much rather spend money to aid humanity than to destroy it in a war entered under false pretenses. The bolded clearly involves public funds. ploto says she would prefer funds being redirected from war to human welfare. How does that make her a philanthropist, as you suggest?

I gloss the sentence this way:

I would much rather (we) spend money to aid humanity than to destroy it in a war entered on false pretenses.

Winehole23
02-10-2010, 04:48 PM
If ploto had been referring to philanthropy, the emphasis on funds wasted in war would've been off-point.

clambake
02-10-2010, 05:09 PM
this is funny. if mccain had won, his first order of business would have been telling her to keep her mouth shut for the next 4 years.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Stealing other people's money to give to poor isn't philanthropy.Stealing other people's money to finance unnecessary military adventurism and nation (re)building is worse.

Yonivore
02-10-2010, 09:28 PM
this is funny. if mccain had won, his first order of business would have been telling her to keep her mouth shut for the next 4 years.
Actually, that should have been Obama's first order of business with Biden...and, it probably was but, hey, it's Slow Joe we're talking about.

http://images.sodahead.com/images/profiles/0/0/0/0/0/0/1/0/4/profiles_obidenglare2_2221_307297.jpeg

Yonivore
02-10-2010, 11:52 PM
http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/crib-notes-one.gif

Yonivore
02-10-2010, 11:55 PM
By the way, I think the "Phonetic (fo-NET-ick) Spelling Transcription Specialist" suffered a malfunction on the word corpsmen the other day.

Yonivore
02-10-2010, 11:58 PM
http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/crib-notes-two.gif

Wild Cobra
02-11-2010, 12:06 AM
who exactly is embarrassed by this topic?

That's what I'm asking. What's the point of the tread.

Wild Cobra
02-11-2010, 12:12 AM
corpse-man

CORPSE-MAN

WTF was that?

He should have written the correct pronunciation on his hand. :lmao
No kidding. Maybe liberals would be less embarrassed by him if he did such things, rather than mispronouncing words on the teleprompter.

Maybe they are just deflecting the blame. When it's h9os fault, Blame Bush...

Now that Palin instills fear in the liberal, now they blame Palin...

Wild Cobra
02-11-2010, 12:13 AM
corpse-man

CORPSE-MAN

WTF was that?
Maybe he learned English using "hooked on fonics"

Marcus Bryant
Yes, politicians use notes for speeches. Presidents before Obama used teleprompters. Palin of course went with the kitschy notes on palm. Meanwhile the federal budget deficit and federal debt are exploding, unemployment is sticking around 10% (if not truly closer to 15%), there is no end in sight for the two wars in the ME and Central Asia, and what you guys believe is important is this topic.

ChumpDumper
I think it was pretty silly of her to look at it during a Q&A period like she was cheating on a test, but using notes or reading a speech is not in itself a bad thing.

Wild Cobra
02-11-2010, 12:17 AM
I think it was pretty silly of her to look at it during a Q&A period like she was cheating on a test, but using notes or reading a speech is not in itself a bad thing.
Anyone with that attitude suffers in their IQ.

It wasn't a test!

ChumpDumper
02-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Anyone with that attitude suffers in their IQ.

It wasn't a test!If you don't understand the basic use of a simile, you are the one with IQ issues.

Tell us about your percentiles again....

Winehole23
02-11-2010, 01:42 AM
there is no end in sight for the two wars in the ME and Central Asia, and what you guys believe is important is this topic.Taken for granted. Emphasizing this topic now that Obama is the official face of the war on terr-uh, is only expedient.

Winehole23
02-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Oddly enough, not only is Palin for it, she'd take it to the max.

Winehole23
02-11-2010, 01:43 AM
Maybe it's not so odd.

Winehole23
02-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Sarah Palin is a dumbed down George W. Bush, if that's even possible to imagine.

Winehole23
02-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Not joking here. I really mean it.

Winehole23
02-11-2010, 01:47 AM
GWB wasn't smart, but he knew his own limitations, and he was a cunning political animal.

Winehole23
02-11-2010, 01:50 AM
Sarah Palin likewise posesses political cunning, but without any realistic view of her own limitations. She believes God is on her side, opening the door for her.

Maybe that's why she's content to write a few words on the palm of her hand instead of filling up an index card like a real cribber.

Winehole23
02-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Or, likewise, preparing her remarks like a political pro.

Winehole23
02-11-2010, 01:57 AM
No.

Ex tempore, with an occasional assist from the palm of the hand.

Winehole23
02-11-2010, 01:58 AM
As the spirit moves her.

Wild Cobra
02-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Well, WH...

Why do you need to boost your post count?

You keep posting several posts in sequence, and us not in threaded mode do not know who you are responding to.

DarrinS
02-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Palin's hand scribbles warrants six pages of posts?

Really?

Wild Cobra
02-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Palin's hand scribbles warrants six pages of posts?

Really?
I'm only here trying to understand why the libtards are embarrassed over it. They still haven't told me.

clambake
02-11-2010, 11:25 AM
we're embarrassed for her.

still, we love her.

Wild Cobra
02-11-2010, 11:28 AM
we're embarrassed for her.

still, we love her.
She has nothing you libtards mentioned to be embarrassed about.

I find it so retarded that you libtards worry about the words on her had, but nobody has pointed out a serious gaff I noticed that she said in her speech.

My God...

The things you libtards worry about.

What it tells me is that none of you listened to her speech, but are just regurgitating what others told you to say.

coyotes_geek
02-11-2010, 11:33 AM
The things you libtards worry about.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146426

Drachen
02-11-2010, 12:59 PM
LOL. I find it funny that this thread has made it so long. I guess I really have to say that even though I can't stand Palin, and think that she is bad for the country in general, I am completely unaffected by the fact that she writes on her hand. Big deal. I feel the same way about the teleprompter. Big Deal. Let him spend his time on Presidential duties, rather than memorizing and practicing a speech.

clambake
02-11-2010, 01:03 PM
my god..

mogrovejo
02-11-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm only here trying to understand why the libtards are embarrassed over it. They still haven't told me.

Because it reflects poorly on other women and Palin is stupid. How many times this needs to be repeated?! You must be stupid if you can't understand this.

ChumpDumper
02-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Why would liberals be embarrassed by this?

They should be cheering stuff like this on.

Palin 2012.

Wild Cobra
02-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Because it reflects poorly on other women and Palin is stupid. How many times this needs to be repeated?! You must be stupid if you can't understand this.

But it doesn't do that. Haven't you ever jotted a few keyword reminders down?

Now if it affected the people who like her, that's one thing. However, the only people crying about this, already dislike her.

So why does it embarrass you? Just asking a pertinent question from the original post and title.

ChumpDumper
02-11-2010, 09:40 PM

Now if it affected the people who like her, that's one thing. However, the only people crying about this, already dislike her.

So why does it embarrass you? Just asking a pertinent question from the original post and title.What percentile did you rate in sarcasm perception tests?

ElNono
02-11-2010, 10:07 PM

So why does it embarrass you? Just asking a pertinent question from the original post and title.

http://www.gospeljohn.net/wp-content/uploads/facepalm.jpg