PDA

View Full Version : Iverson still might play in All-Star Game

duncan228
02-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Iverson still might play in All-Star Game (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-iversonallstar020810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Marc J. Spears

Allen Iverson hasn’t ruled out playing in Sunday’s All-Star Game if his daughter’s health issues improve this week, a league source said.

Iverson has missed the Philadelphia 76ers’ last three games to be with his 3-year-old daughter in Atlanta, and the team doesn’t have a timetable for his return. Philadelphia plays Minnesota on Tuesday and at Toronto on Wednesday before the All-Star break.

“The situation with his daughter is very serious, very delicate,” the source told Yahoo! Sports. “But he still hopes to play in the All-Star Game regardless to whether he plays in the two games before it.”

Iverson is scheduled to start for the Eastern Conference after being voted in by the fans. He is averaging 14.7 points and 4.2 assists in 22 games with the Sixers. He also played three games with the Memphis Grizzlies this season before they waived him.

If Iverson cannot play, the NBA will likely consider the Atlanta Hawks’ Josh Smith or the New York Knicks’ David Lee as a replacement.

XFactor
02-08-2010, 09:03 PM
I wonder who would start for the East Guards....

Kevin Durant 35
02-08-2010, 10:15 PM
I wonder who would start for the East Guards....

Rose

Indazone
02-08-2010, 10:27 PM
It's a good move financially for him. Play in the All-Star game and raise the value of his services. Increase visibility.

HarlemHeat37
02-08-2010, 10:29 PM
I hope he plays..the fans want to see him..