PDA

View Full Version : Pop looks done out there

hater
02-09-2010, 12:53 AM
when your coach looks like he's clueless out there. He looks like he does not want to be out there.

I don't understand how you can question the Spurs effort.

Pop does NOT look like the most interesting man in the world

mexicanjunior
02-09-2010, 12:55 AM
How dare you question Pop...4 rings...Believe....

hater
02-09-2010, 12:58 AM
Pop looks really sad out there. they mentioned he awklnoledged this is the first squad he had that does not have chemistry. he's clueless, he's in uncharted waters.

DMX7
02-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Pop looks really sad out there. they mentioned he awklnoledged this is the first squad he had that does not have chemistry. he's clueless, he's in uncharted waters.

and yet, he has said he doesn't expect any trades.

Johnny RIngo
02-09-2010, 01:07 AM
Pop's been done since '07. The Spurs should have been gradually rebuilding from that point on instead of scrambling a team together, two years down the road, after the rest of the league passed us by.

hitmanyr2k
02-09-2010, 01:14 AM
I've been saying it for the last 2 seasons. The constant shifting of lineups. The micro-managing of player's minutes. Small ball. 4 rings aside Popovich has been an idiot for awhile now.

newacc
02-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Does anyone else agree that he seems to gravitate towards self destructive moves?

Quiet Strength
02-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Can pop trade himself?

DesignatedT
02-09-2010, 01:16 AM
11 man rotation tonight........................................... ................

nkdlunch
02-09-2010, 01:17 AM
:lmao @ Pop. He looks stressed out there

alchemist
02-09-2010, 01:19 AM
I've been saying it for the last 2 seasons. The constant shifting of lineups. The micro-managing of player's minutes. Small ball. 4 rings aside Popovich has been an idiot for awhile now.
this is such a huge issue, the guy can have a hot hand but Pop will bench him to rest the guy :bang

ElNono
02-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Players played hard... Shots just didn't go down...

/stares at reporter

in2deep
02-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Pop is out of his league. Sad thing is this has been obvious since teh first 10 games of the season.

nevitt_&_smrek
02-09-2010, 01:21 AM
:lmao @ Pop. He looks stressed out there

Nice sig. It must really hurt to be the weak part of the Texas Triangle. The other two have won multiple titles.

rayray2k8
02-09-2010, 01:22 AM
Yeah, Pop needs to get his head out of his ass or go.
He's been doing small ball since 2006. Fuck small ball :td

Chomag
02-09-2010, 01:22 AM
Players played hard... Shots just didn't go down...

/stares at reporter

:lol we know our Pop don't we.

SCdac
02-09-2010, 01:24 AM
this lineup, in the fourth quarter of a big game, was laughable:

C - Blair ... was struggling, and shouldn't be relied on as center for too long
PF - Jefferson ... I don't think he played any PF last season, and it's been horrible for us
SF - Finley ... 36 year old, straight up non factor tonight and most nights
SG - Ginobili ... played ok
PG - Parker... played ok

that lineup is just too small, and not in sync anywhere close to enough to trot it out anymore.

DesignatedT
02-09-2010, 01:25 AM
barry just stated the obvious on tnt. maybe pop will listen to him.

Budkin
02-09-2010, 01:26 AM
It's time for Pop to call it a career...

SouthTexasRancher
02-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Like what happens so often with both players and coaches in the pros the game has passed Pop by. He is living in the past and like others here have said, he just doesn't have a clue. Holt needs to step in and tell Pop & RC it really is time to rebuild. No team has ever stayed on top forever and very few in the history of sports has had a run like the Spurs have had. But it is time we all face the facts and come to the realization that this team just does not have it and 4 months from now they still won't have it. We are not even close to being a playoff team. Sure we may luck out and get the 8th spot but, a healthy Lakers team will spank us by 30 a night in a 4 game sweep.

RJ, Dice and Bogans are big mistakes and we need to get what we can and work towards the future. Then sit back and watch LeBron and the Cavs win their first title. Shaq will be the first of the big 3 from the past decade to get ring #5. Kobe might get #5 next season and if the Spurs don't make some good trades Timmy will end up with just 4. A real shame for Timmy.

We need athleticism, length, youth, height, quickness and guys with hi basketball IQ's. Oh yeah, 12 guys who can play defense!

all_heart
02-09-2010, 01:29 AM
I think he's tired of coaching, despite our weaknesses, we should be playing much better. Pop is kissing Gasol's ass too, c'mon.. Sometimes I think he was about to trade for Gasol, before the Lakers stole him because he hasn't gotten over it. It's BS!!!!!

TacoCabanaFajitas
02-09-2010, 01:30 AM
I would agree that Pop was "living in the past" but this is just NOT THE CASE. In the past we won titles with the same formula and that was TWO bigs holding down the paint and strong perimeter team d. For whatever reason Pop fell in love with small ball in 06 and has never felt the need to go back to what worked for 7 straight years. I honestly can't understand why, I know he's a smart guy and if thousands of posters on spurstalk can see it why cant he?

all_heart
02-09-2010, 01:32 AM
How's it possible that we are doing worse right now than last year at this point? I know we got 6 new players, but it's no excuse anymore.

J_Paco
02-09-2010, 01:37 AM
The saddest part is that the team is mediocre right now, and most coaches would play every available body to try and find a spark, but this guy still sticks to his shitty line-ups and plays guys who can't defend.

It's sad seeing the team crumble to pieces this season......

all_heart
02-09-2010, 01:38 AM
It seems he's doing this shit on purpose it's so obvious. Is this his way of throwing games so he convince the rest of the FO we need a trade? It's almost believable when you see that crap out there.

spurtech09
02-09-2010, 01:44 AM
if pop would only use Ian and theo the spurs would be fine but idk whats the deal with pop....is pop killing this team in purpose?

diego
02-09-2010, 01:46 AM
i wasnt able to watch the 2nd half, but aside from that...

i think the biggest change in our team is that pop has lost it. I dont know exactly what it is, and he may very well find it. but it seems hes gone away from his own concepts, isnt as demanding as he used to be... and with the team playing the way it is, you have to wonder- are the players not listening anymore? or is he just making really bad decisions one after the other? I dont know who id want to replace him and its probably not a good idea mid season but it does seem like he just doesnt have the same edge.

alchemist
02-09-2010, 01:49 AM
i wasnt able to watch the 2nd half, but aside from that...

i think the biggest change in our team is that pop has lost it. I dont know exactly what it is, and he may very well find it. but it seems hes gone away from his own concepts, isnt as demanding as he used to be... and with the team playing the way it is, you have to wonder- are the players not listening anymore? or is he just making really bad decisions one after the other? I dont know who id want to replace him and its probably not a good idea mid season but it does seem like he just doesnt have the same edge.
he's still demanding, he took RJ out immediately for letting Ron Artest get a wide open 3...His small lineups are what's eating this team alive.

100%duncan
06-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Kool Bob Love bump for the day ma nigga.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao hater :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
hater shittiest poster in ST :lol
worse takes than anyone :lmao

spurspokesman
06-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Pop will redeem himself within this series. Believe

capek
06-04-2013, 09:36 AM
http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-36530-050c1022d04414.gif

boutons_deux
06-04-2013, 10:39 AM
shorten the rotation, and no small ball, go big and go champs!

honestfool84
06-04-2013, 10:45 AM
hater... biggest Spurs hater, that is...

moisaenz
06-04-2013, 10:51 AM
shorten the rotation, and no small ball, go big and go champs!

Might need baynes if you want to go really big.

Kool Bob Love
06-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Kool Bob Love (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18065) bump for the day ma nigga.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao hater (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7609) :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
hater (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7609) shittiest poster in ST :lol
worse takes than anyone :lmao

Thanks.:toast You found one of the many classic hater threads. making this mini break comedy week. :lmao

2 more days hater. Then no more tears for you.:lol

houston spurs fan
06-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Damn. Timmy sucks, Love for RJ, now this post???? What a piece of shit this guy is.

hater
06-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Damn. Timmy sucks, Love for RJ, now this post???? What a piece of shit this guy is.

that's not what your moms said last nite thou :lol

houston spurs fan
06-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Wow, a mom reference. What's up 1994. Proving your age dipshit.

100%duncan
06-04-2013, 11:06 PM

Worst poster on ST :lol

fag

100%duncan
06-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Bump faggot. You ain't getting away with your faggot bullshit idiot. :lol
hater :lmao :lmao :lmao