PDA

View Full Version : Jefferson needs to go now

nbaman99
02-09-2010, 12:58 AM
We have 10 days to ship his ass and get a good player. I was always defended him when so many other spurs fans wanted him traded long time ago. I was wrong and i no longer support him on this team. Its one thing missing shots, but to have no fire or desire to win is killing me
So please Spurs trade his ass.

DMX7
02-09-2010, 12:59 AM
I think we could get Lebron for him. Most teams want $15 million dollar unexpiring contracts.

TheSpursFNRule
02-09-2010, 01:13 AM
The announcers are RIPPING into RJ right now.

Biggems
02-09-2010, 01:18 AM
i didnt want him, ive never liked him, i have been disgusted all season that he is wearing the silver and black and tarnishing our greatness.

slick'81
02-09-2010, 01:19 AM
who the fck is gonna want him now next year maybe when his deal will be up but not this season

i think spurs could be stuck atleast for now

all_heart
02-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Did you see that stat, Jefferson scoring under 10 pts. 16 games from 2006-2009, this year 17!!! WTF?! Don't get me wrong he needs to be stepping up, but it's this dam system. Pop has reduced him to almost nothing. The ball is always on the other side of the floor, very few plays are run for him. Why bother getting him if we aren't going to use his scoring ability?

timtonymanu
02-09-2010, 01:20 AM
RJ is stuck here unfortunately.

I dont care if he does better next season, he should be gone.

Allanon
02-09-2010, 01:20 AM
First time I've heard National Announcers ripping into RJ. Cameramen even followed him off the court at the end there.

in2deep
02-09-2010, 01:21 AM
bench his ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quiet Strength
02-09-2010, 01:21 AM
First time I've heard National Announcers ripping into RJ. Cameramen even followed him off the court at the end there.

What were they saying?

MannyIsGod
02-09-2010, 01:22 AM
Go where? Do you expect them to waive him? Making a trade takes 2 teams and you think another team is going to give you a quality player for RJ's contract that isn't expiring and with how he's playing?

Think before you post.

fotan2
02-09-2010, 01:23 AM
give Tmac a try. this is the best choice we can have now.

Allanon
What were they saying?

They basically said his sucking was dragging down the team. They were on him the whole night ... even when the team was walking off the floor at the end.

"Jefferson was the big acquisition in the off-season to put him over the top but he's 0-7"

Not picking on RJ but I've never seen so much negativity towards one player by National announcers.

sribb43
RJ or Marion???

At least u don't have Marion for 4 more years

bless1187
02-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Did you see that stat, Jefferson scoring under 10 pts. 16 games from 2006-2009, this year 17!!! WTF?! Don't get me wrong he needs to be stepping up, but it's this dam system. Pop has reduced him to almost nothing. The ball is always on the other side of the floor, very few plays are run for him. Why bother getting him if we aren't going to use his scoring ability?

i have told u all along... not just the system, but TP is one of the worst pg in the league in terms of visions; and also one of the hardest pg to play with.

siraulo23
02-09-2010, 01:24 AM
waive RJ

play finley, he can shoot better

sabar
02-09-2010, 01:25 AM
RJ and small ball both got ripped on by TNT.

Not that it will change the FOs mind

SpurCharger
02-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Bench RJ....... He is Awful In Every aspect of the game.....Id rather See Mason, Hill, Parker..... we need to ship bogans, RJ, Finley and bonner...... They all suck

easy7
02-09-2010, 01:28 AM
RJ or Marion???

Marion will disappear in the playoffs while RJ will go 4-20 so pick your poison.

mardigan
I'm hoping tonight was rock bottom for RJ. I'm still hoping he will have his moment of clarity, but with every jump shot my hope dwindles.

timtonymanu
They basically said his sucking was dragging down the team. They were on him the whole night ... even when the team was walking off the floor at the end.

"Jefferson was the big acquisition in the off-season to put him over the top but he's 0-7"

Not picking on RJ but I've never seen so much negativity towards one player by National announcers.

RJ deserves all the hate he's getting.

Chomag
02-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Go where? Do you expect them to waive him? Making a trade takes 2 teams and you think another team is going to give you a quality player for RJ's contract that isn't expiring and with how he's playing?

Think before you post.

He can guard the gatorade for all I care.
Wait... that might be asking to much defence from him.

rayray2k8
02-09-2010, 01:29 AM
At this point, I don't think anyone even wants him at the moment. No wonder Milwaukee got rid of him. :lol

Oh wait, I'm not suppose to be laughing.. This season sucks.
:(

Nash2TimeMVp
02-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Dickard Jefferson has absolutely sucked this season for the spurs i watched the game and felt bad and just wanted to let you guys know that everyone else in the league knows that dick sucking such a big way fail could have not been forseen, so you can't blame the FO.

nbaman99
02-09-2010, 01:32 AM
This is what i really don't understand, so if any of you get it let me know. Why do Pop keep giving RJ minutes when he continue to suck and keep Mason and others on the bench? If any other player suck like that, they sure to sit on the bench for at least couple of games.

nevitt_&_smrek
02-09-2010, 01:33 AM
RJ doesn't seem to be the right fit for your system. Team chemistry is a tough thing to evaluate. It's not quite as simple as plugging someone's statistics into a roster. Lakers had a similar problem with Gary Payton. At least RJ doesn't seem to pout.

timtonymanu
02-09-2010, 01:33 AM
I posted this about 4 months ago, yet many of you dumbasses. YES DUMBASSES praised RJ stats and talked about it was a rash unjustified comment.

There is a reason why Rasheed didn't come here. RJ is that reason (and the obvious lack of frontline). Sheed and TD go way back, there was no reason for him not to come here.

Anyway I'm going to get to the point. Spurs fans have become morons. Pop coaches one dimensional that relies on players that can play D. Been that way for over a decade, HAVENT ANY OF YOU PAID ATTENTION? We don't have players that can play D anymore, that was obvious this summer.

So glad to be out of SA, town is full of morons and taking the Spurs down with them. Duncan is likely..... no IS more of an academic that 90% of the population and HE"S A BASKETBALL PLAYER.

We should have traded for Stephen Jackson...We'd be#1 in the west right now. Just look what Larry Brown is doing with him.

I hope you all die in boiling oil this week

says the fuckin moron who thought haislip would be the next rasheed wallace. that alone makes you moron of the forum.

pjjrfan
02-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Most of the observations about Jefferson by Collins and Harlan were, he is playing with no confidence, he is not doing anything else, not playing D, not rebounding, stuff that RJ doesn't need Tony or the ball to be able to do, that he looks lost, Several times collins made note that both Manu and RJ needed to step up their game and show some consistency and tonight manu did that, but then Manu does so many other things to help his team and in comparison RJ is just out there. At one point he was 1 of 8 and man he clunked some wide open looks. One play that stood out to me was in the fourth when the Lakers lost the ball and Blair made a great hustle play by saving the ball to Jefferson who just looked at it and one of the Lakers got it and it led to a score. Tony or the system have nothing to do with effort.

Allanon
02-09-2010, 01:34 AM
This is what i really don't understand, so if any of you get it let me know. Why do Pop keep giving RJ minutes when he continue to suck and keep Mason and others on the bench? If any other player suck like that, they sure to sit on the bench for at least couple of games.

Why? $15 million sitting on the bench is a bitter pill.

DAF86
02-09-2010, 01:35 AM
RJ isn't our biggest problem, Popovich is.

slick'81
02-09-2010, 01:36 AM
its obvious rj has no confidence its like hes literally shriveled up and died out there hes a fckn corpse on the basketball floor

i dont know if hes trying to hard not getting enough touches or what but he is 15 million garbage

Dro210
02-09-2010, 01:37 AM
RJ doesn't seem to be the right fit for your system. Team chemistry is a tough thing to evaluate. It's not quite as simple as plugging someone's statistics into a roster. Lakers had a similar problem with Gary Payton. At least RJ doesn't seem to pout.

Oh, but he does.... like a little bitch. He's so mentally soft it's not even funny. That's his biggest problem, and he's letting it pile up on himself.

Ditty
02-09-2010, 01:38 AM
i dont know when people are going to relize that jefferson is not the reason why we lost tonight or many games this year

sabar
02-09-2010, 01:40 AM
I posted this about 4 months ago, yet many of you dumbasses. YES DUMBASSES praised RJ stats and talked about it was a rash unjustified comment.

There is a reason why Rasheed didn't come here. RJ is that reason (and the obvious lack of frontline). Sheed and TD go way back, there was no reason for him not to come here.

Anyway I'm going to get to the point. Spurs fans have become morons. Pop coaches one dimensional that relies on players that can play D. Been that way for over a decade, HAVENT ANY OF YOU PAID ATTENTION? We don't have players that can play D anymore, that was obvious this summer.

So glad to be out of SA, town is full of morons and taking the Spurs down with them. Duncan is likely..... no IS more of an academic that 90% of the population and HE"S A BASKETBALL PLAYER.

We should have traded for Stephen Jackson...We'd be#1 in the west right now. Just look what Larry Brown is doing with him.

I hope you all die in boiling oil this week

:lmao no one gets credit for hindsight 20/20 "genius", especially in sports. Anyone can throw crap on the wall and go nuts when one of them sticks.

DAF86
02-09-2010, 01:42 AM
i dont know when people are going to relize that jefferson is not the reason why we lost tonight or many games this year

+1

silverblk mystix
02-09-2010, 01:43 AM
+1 for Pop being the real problem...not necessarily RJ

wildbill2u
02-09-2010, 01:43 AM
And yet his shooting % for the season is 45% on 2s and 35% on 3s. PPG is 12.2 60% on FTs.

Not great but not all that bad when you figure he's not getting as many shots as in the past since he is the 4th place as a shooter.

But he hasn't been a difference maker on this team. So he's getting most of the blame.

mardigan
02-09-2010, 01:44 AM

He might not be THE reason but he's still a big contributing factor. If he would at least show some heart out there and play some d I would be cool as hell with that, but he makes some of the dumbest defensive mistakes I have ever seen a player with his tenure make.

Dro210
02-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Yea, sorry... saying we should have gotten Jack over RJ was not throwing shit on the wall and hoping it sticks..... It was common fuckin sense.

EP Money Man
Corey Maggette or Vince Carter > RJ

I don't give a shit what anyone else says.

Stringer_Bell
Its one thing missing shots, but to have no fire or desire to win is killing me

The LEAST he could do if he's not scoring points is hunker down on defense and stop being such a pussy. No doubt that wedding fiasco fucked his shit up and he's not mentally in the game. :nope

Dro210
02-09-2010, 01:46 AM
obviously we have to get some help defending the paint, but...

got damn, when are people going to stop making excuses for jefferson?

Dro210
02-09-2010, 01:46 AM
when are people going to stop making excuses for jefferson?

+1111111

Chomag
02-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Call it a loss and put RJ on the reserve list and call Hairston in! heh, Hairston has played even better then RJ in his limited garbage time.

spurtech09
02-09-2010, 01:47 AM
blame it on jeff all you want.....jeff ain't the problem pop is.....his coaching sucks right now....

nbaman99
02-09-2010, 01:48 AM
A simple question- are we going to make the playoffs playing like this and without a trade?

SouthTexasRancher
02-09-2010, 01:49 AM
We have 10 days to ship his ass and get a good player. I was always defended him when so many other spurs fans wanted him traded long time ago. I was wrong and i no longer support him on this team. Its one thing missing shots, but to have no fire or desire to win is killing me

He definitely should go but, OLD Pop is just too damn hardheaded to admit he has been wrong......again!!!

Pop, RJ & Dice should give their 2009/2010 salaries back to Peter Holt. None of them have earned a damned dime this season!

outmap
02-09-2010, 01:52 AM
RJ is not the reason we are losing. If Pop didn't play small ball all through out this season, we will be winning a lot more games.

ElNono
02-09-2010, 01:53 AM
RJ sucked all season long... But Pop is the guy too proud to sit him. Today, he got substituted right away for leaving his man open for two threes in a row... Whatever Pop told him at the half didn't work either...

Ditty
02-09-2010, 01:55 AM
He might not be THE reason but he's still a big contributing factor. If he would at least show some heart out there and play some d I would be cool as hell with that, but he makes some of the dumbest defensive mistakes I have ever seen a player with his tenure make.

not trying to debate this because you are right about defense wise hes been bad when he goes against guys he not supposed to be guarding in the first place but who is playing great defense this year about every game we have lost this year is because we havent got burn at the rim denver and dallas game are the only games that i can think of that we lost that we got didnt get killed in the paint but they made some great shots.. shooting is nothing you can control...michael jordan didnt make every shot but jefferson is attacking the rim and has made outside shots so i give props for that but if he's not touching the ball because parker is shooting outside jumpers except attacking the hoop or duncan is not passing out of the double teams and forcing some shots and ginobili decides to shoot 3's and outside shots all day when he can still take it to the hole but is afraid to take it too the hole because he think he's going to get injured i dont know hes more effective when he penitrates and gets too the free throw line

Dro210
02-09-2010, 01:57 AM
richard jefferson is attacking the rim? when?

timtonymanu
02-09-2010, 01:58 AM
Yeah, Haislip is not playing in Euroleague and not making a nice showing of post plays and long range shots (at a bargain i might ad). It's just pure imagination.

yeah cause Haislip really worked out here. He could have been an all star player. Clear example of someone who overrates another player.

Ditty
02-09-2010, 02:07 AM
richard jefferson is attacking the rim? when?

well he defintley attacked more than any other player in the 2nd half

Buddy Holly
02-09-2010, 02:12 AM

Think before you post.

Why not if it's a really bad team with multiple terrible contracts for quality talent.

I.E. The golden state warriors who have

nearly 30 million tied up in just three players with contracts that last at least 5 years.

I'd think a 2 year 14 million dollar contract looks good compared to a 5 year contract at 11 million per year.

rayone
02-09-2010, 02:22 AM
jefferson has lost confidence just take this if you were playing a pick up game and found yourself open but the ball does not come your way then don't you think your just going to say fuck it I don't give a fuck if we win that why he has no confidence cus the team has no confidence in him

Dro210
02-09-2010, 02:26 AM
well he defintley attacked more than any other player in the 2nd half

I saw him go to the basket maybe 3 times in the 2nd half...

1 time he stopped short of going up hard and threw a hook over gasol from about 7-8ft.

2nd time he actually made a nice pass to blair

3rd time he thought about it, stopped himself, nobody on the lakers stopped him, thought 'oh shit, i dont want this, what if i miss'... and kicked it out hot potato style like a 7th grader on the developmental team who's scared and doesn't even want the ball in his hands... to bogans who clanked the 3.

and even that is the most I've seen him attack the rim in the year 2010.

He's mentally weak as tissue, and not even the good kind, that shitty generic kind that you blow holes in... and he's letting it all pile up on him, so he's getting worse and worse. He wasn't the guy we needed to begin with, but now he's just a cancer.

DubMcDub
02-09-2010, 02:28 AM
RJ or Marion???

Marion costs less than half as much money and provides similar production.

timvp
02-09-2010, 02:32 AM
Marion costs less than half as much money and provides similar production.

As disappointing as RJ has been, I'd much rather has RJ and his contract than Marion and his contract. At least RJ is tradeable.

TacoCabanaFajitas
02-09-2010, 02:35 AM
As disappointing as RJ has been, I'd much rather has RJ and his contract than Marion and his contract. At least RJ is tradeable.

Where do you see him landing if we even do try trading him? I honestly can't see what teams would be ok with bringing him on after what he's shown with us.
Do you think any other contenders would be interested in bringing him in off the bench possibly?

DubMcDub
02-09-2010, 02:38 AM

I'd rather have Marion as a player than RJ. But regardless, your point is well-noted.

timvp
02-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Where do you see him landing if we even do try trading him? I honestly can't see what teams would be ok with bringing him on after what he's shown with us.
Do you think any other contenders would be interested in bringing him in off the bench possibly?

He's tradeable in that his contract has less than one and a half seasons remaining and he's still capable of playing a role. I doubt a team would target him but a team with a bad contract wouldn't mind getting RJ's contract in return.

If the Spurs wait until this time next season, a huge expiring contract is quite valuable ... especially with a pending lockout.

temujin
02-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Is there a rule in the NBA that states that if you are being paid 14 millions you authomatically HAVE to play 33' against an elite team?

Or that you have to consider salaries when deciding the lineups?

Jefferson is a problem, but a bigger problem is the guy that plays him

murpjf88
02-09-2010, 02:40 AM
I couldn't see straight for a week when they traded for RJ. Unfortunately, he's not the reason their losing. It is painfully obvious that Timmy and Manu can no longer carry this team. Coupled with the pathetic defense, they were set up to fail since day one. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually miss Oberto and K. Thomas.

TacoCabanaFajitas
02-09-2010, 02:43 AM
I couldn't see straight for a week when they traded for RJ. Unfortunately, he's not the reason their losing. It is painfully obvious that Timmy and Manu can no longer carry this team. Coupled with the pathetic defense, they were set up to fail since day one. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually miss Oberto and K. Thomas.

He may still work for another team in a different system (suns, warriors, knicks) but it's obvious the guy lacks the ethic to play D, attack the rim, or play through adversity. In a Run N Gun team I have no doubt he would light it up, but in a system that requires all cogs of a machine to be turning together, he just isn't the right kind of player. To put it all on him is wrong, the FO should have known this was not a good fit

neboat
02-09-2010, 02:48 AM
I wonder if the players are affected mentally by the way RJ has turned out. Here they were probably expecting RJ to become the "Big 4"...instead he's probably as good as Keith Bogans...

Dro210
02-09-2010, 02:56 AM
I think it's obvious they're effected by it.... the whole teams confidence is down right now and you can tell. Plus it's gotten to a point where they're almost (especially Tony) freezing him out. He's open a lot, but Tony will put up the contested shot. I don't know if it's cause he doesn't think he'll make the shot, doesn't think he deserves the shot with his lack of effort everywhere else, or they're just trying to make a point to Pop to get him the fuck outta here.

rayray2k8
02-09-2010, 02:59 AM
Jefferson misses Kidd.

TheSpursFNRule
02-09-2010, 03:03 AM
Jefferson misses Kidd.

And I miss the spurs without this scrub.

Russ
02-09-2010, 03:06 AM
People forget that Jefferson didn't come to the Spurs on his own -- he just got traded.

Most players talk about finally having a chance at a ring when they get to SA.

RJ seemed ambivalent from the start. It's just another stop for him.

hommeaetage
02-09-2010, 03:09 AM
:wow
And I miss the spurs without this scrub.

At least Udoka was playing Hard last season

Spurgio
02-09-2010, 03:28 AM
dude gets paid 14 million a year and can't make a damn freethrow. Every time he goes to the line I know that at least one of them aint going in. He bitches to much too. I'm sick of him crying to the refs every time he gets bumped. Every time he's "aggressive" it seems he doesn't know what to do with the ball. So he just throws it up and cries so he could get a foul. :rolleyes

02-09-2010, 03:35 AM
jefferson is a disappointment no doubt but he's just a convenient scapegoat for spurs fans. the real problem lies in the continuing declining of the big 3 and the perpetual problem of a serviceable bigman next to duncan. spurs have been declining since ginobili's injury in 2008 and continued in 2009. jefferson's arrival just happens to coincide with 2010, the third year of the spurs' decline.

newacc
02-09-2010, 03:37 AM
He doesn't look like he's in great shape.

neboat
02-09-2010, 03:41 AM
jefferson is a disappointment no doubt but he's just a convenient scapegoat for spurs fans. the real problem lies in the continuing declining of the big 3 and the perpetual problem of a serviceable bigman next to duncan. spurs have been declining since ginobili's injury in 2008 and continued in 2009. jefferson's arrival just happens to coincide with 2010, the third year of the spurs' decline.

RJ isn't just a scapegoat...he's freaking a HUGE part of the problem. He was suppose to come in to share the burden of the offense and hold his own on defense. Instead he's done nothing.... We have a 3 headed monster this year:

-RJ sucking balls
-Lack of big man for interior D
-POP's erratic coaching

02-09-2010, 03:54 AM
RJ isn't just a scapegoat...he's freaking a HUGE part of the problem. He was suppose to come in to share the burden of the offense and hold his own on defense. Instead he's done nothing.... We have a 3 headed monster this year:

-RJ sucking balls
-Lack of big man for interior D
-POP's erratic coaching
jefferson's stats are respectable for a fourth option. he's scoring 12 points, on 45% FG, 35% 3PT (his career level). he's soft on defense i'll give you that and he's not supposed to be the first, second, or even third option in the fourth quarter. that is reserved for ginobili, parker, and duncan. they are the ones who fail to execute in the fourth quarter. you can't blame the spurs meltdown during competitive games solely on jefferson. it's the big 3's responsibility to carry the team while jefferson chips in, not the other way around.

jefferson is very disappointing but not as disappointing as the spurs' trio, who are no longer a strong enough core to maintain the spurs' contender status.

HarlemHeat37
02-09-2010, 03:57 AM
I agree with you about the big 3, but you're really going soft on Dick here..he's one of the worst defenders on the team, he doesn't do anything else, and it looks like his confidence is now absolutely shattered..he's in a downward spiral..

JustinJDW
02-09-2010, 03:58 AM
I don't think anyone is taking on that contract, especially with this upcoming 2010 Off-Season.

Just wondering, how the hell did RJ average 20ppg in Milwuakee? I mean, I know he got a lot more touches, but how did he get the points? Did the coach just give him the green light to do whatever the hell he wanted, and RJ just scored 20ppg, but on a bad FG%? Did he drive the ball a lot or settle for jumpshots?

I don't know, but the thought of RJ being the #1 Option on a team and being productive with 20ppg just makes me laugh now that we see how he is playing this Season.

siraulo23
02-09-2010, 04:04 AM
"Coach said it best: 'We're playing soft,'" Jefferson said. "And that starts with me. I haven't shot the ball well the last 10 or so games."

Yes thats right

02-09-2010, 04:04 AM
I agree with you about the big 3, but you're really going soft on Dick here..he's one of the worst defenders on the team, he doesn't do anything else, and it looks like his confidence is now absolutely shattered..he's in a downward spiral..
i'm just trying to say that even though he sucks, he's not the worst of the spurs' problems. even if jefferson was playing at 100%, does anyone really think he can replace what the spurs are missing:

ginobili's clutchness/scoring
parker's scoring
duncan's dominance down low
missing link bigman next to duncan
spurs defense

all at the same time? he's just one player and he's no lebron james.

neboat
02-09-2010, 04:09 AM
i'm just trying to say that even though he sucks, he's not the worst of the spurs' problems. even if jefferson was playing at 100%, does anyone really think he can replace what the spurs are missing:

ginobili's clutchness/scoring
parker's scoring
duncan's dominance down low
missing link bigman next to duncan
spurs defense

all at the same time? he's just one player and he's no lebron james.

If RJ was playing at 100%, he would help on 3 or 4 things you listed. If RJ was doing his part, the only thing we need is to trade for a big to help Duncan.

Dro210
02-09-2010, 04:10 AM
jefferson's stats are respectable for a fourth option. he's scoring 12 points, on 45% FG, 35% 3PT (his career level). he's soft on defense i'll give you that and he's not supposed to be the first, second, or even third option in the fourth quarter. that is reserved for ginobili, parker, and duncan. they are the ones who fail to execute in the fourth quarter. you can't blame the spurs meltdown during competitive games solely on jefferson. it's the big 3's responsibility to carry the team while jefferson chips in, not the other way around.

jefferson is very disappointing but not as disappointing as the spurs' trio, who are no longer a strong enough core to maintain the spurs' contender status.

hmmm... reading that makes me think and miss Bruce even more. How many times did our 4th quarter runs start, or get huge boosts from Bruce knockin down an open 3 in the corner? A LOT!

and not just that... any time we're down in the 4th, and we do start hitting some shots, it's like that's such a victory, or took so much effort, that we forget to play defense, and are in turn just trading baskets instead of getting stops... that would have never happened before.

those 3 have been notably less clutch down the stretch this year, but they're missing a big piece of what they do... RJ was supposed to be that... he's not even close. NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

bless1187
02-09-2010, 04:16 AM
I think it's obvious they're effected by it.... the whole teams confidence is down right now and you can tell. Plus it's gotten to a point where they're almost (especially Tony) freezing him out. He's open a lot, but Tony will put up the contested shot. I don't know if it's cause he doesn't think he'll make the shot, doesn't think he deserves the shot with his lack of effort everywhere else, or they're just trying to make a point to Pop to get him the fuck outta here.

This is exactly what i hate about Tony's game... your job as the PG is to get some of the guys going, especially in a struggling player who proven to be a capable scorer some touches; by touches it doesn't mean that you have to create for him, but just get him the ball early in the shot clock where theres still time for him to do his thing... doesn't this sound a bit too AI like, having no confidence in your teammate so end up taking a contested J?!?!

bless1187
02-09-2010, 04:18 AM
it really surprised me when there was a earlier rumor this year of T. Parker for C. Paul; there were fans on here that were arguing that T. Parker was the better player... he's a good scorer but in the end, he is a very ONE DIMENSIONAL player especially from a PG.

02-09-2010, 04:21 AM
jefferson has never been clutch or a good spot up shooter in his career. he's definitely not the great 3pt clutch shooter bowen was. in fact, he's pretty much useless hanging out at the 3pt line. and he played solid defense like what, 5 years ago? don't that i'm defending jefferson. i'm not. spurs just have bigger problems such as the aging core that can't be fixed unless parts are replaced. it's the spurs fault that they believed parker, duncan, and ginobili can continue to be the first, second, and third option on the team when in reality they can't.

Dro210
02-09-2010, 04:34 AM
This is exactly what i hate about Tony's game... your job as the PG is to get some of the guys going, especially in a struggling player who proven to be a capable scorer some touches; by touches it doesn't mean that you have to create for him, but just get him the ball early in the shot clock where theres still time for him to do his thing... doesn't this sound a bit too AI like, having no confidence in your teammate so end up taking a contested J?!?!

I agree it's not really the way to play PG, and it's definitely not helping things.... but I'm not gonna be mad at Tony for it. I think they're trying to send a messege.... and basically because I refuse to take Jefferson's side on anything at this point, especially over Tony, lol.

Jefferson in his older age and with out Kidd throwing lobs on fast breaks, has only been a capable scorer with LOTS of touches and LOTS of shots. I remember straight up dropping him from my fantasy team last year even tho he was tearin it up in a lot of stat catagories, because I couldn't deal with his horrid shooting percentage and the amount of shots he was taking while having said percentage. (funny thing is it was very Kobe like.... just less shots/touches.... think about that one.)

jefferson has never been clutch or a good spot up shooter in his career. he's definitely not the great 3pt clutch shooter bowen was. in fact, he's pretty much useless hanging out at the 3pt line. and he played solid defense like what, 5 years ago? don't that i'm defending jefferson. i'm not. spurs just have bigger problems such as the aging core that can't be fixed unless parts are replaced. it's the spurs fault that they believed parker, duncan, and ginobili can continue to be the first, second, and third option on the team when in reality they can't.

yea.... it seems they didn't have a good grasp on this season at all (post defense)... although I think they kind of foolishly expected Jefferson to be able fit right in and step up and be that #2-3 guy when somebody struggles, and even #1 on some nights when he's hot..... and him not being able to do that, or even be close to it, has completely sent everything to hell.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-09-2010, 04:43 AM
I think a Tony Parker for Steve Nash (While obviously being a bad trade in the long run) would be a great trade for the Spurs for the next 2 years. Enough so that'd I'd probably make that trade if Phoenix was willing, just to give Duncan what he deserves.

Don't get me wrong... I love Parker, but I think Nash would rejuvenate a few guys careers (Ginobili, Jefferson and even Mcdyess)

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-09-2010, 04:47 AM
What team says no?

Dro210
02-09-2010, 04:58 AM
Hmmmm.... I don't know what to say about that right now, it's a scary proposition considering we lose the only guy that is a possible part of our post-TD future, and it all hinges on him being able to make Manu and RJ effective again. I'm a big believer in Nash, but I don't know if I believe in him that much. I also love Tony, think Manu will never be that guy again, and Richard Jefferson makes me sick.... so.....

I think it's about the last place the problem starts, but I can see where you're going with that, and I have to give you props for thinking outside the box on that one.

Although even crazier... I'd be less hesitant to do a Parker + Ginobili or Jefferson, in exchange for Nash + Amare, including whatever other pieces it would take to make it work on either side.

edit: Tried it in the trade machine... lol... Hollinger's not feelin it

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ylk2vb3

jermaine
02-09-2010, 06:53 AM
I don't see why the Rockets wouldn't want RJ & Mason for Tmac!

Muser
02-09-2010, 07:51 AM
I think a Tony Parker for Steve Nash (While obviously being a bad trade in the long run) would be a great trade for the Spurs for the next 2 years. Enough so that'd I'd probably make that trade if Phoenix was willing, just to give Duncan what he deserves.

Don't get me wrong... I love Parker, but I think Nash would rejuvenate a few guys careers (Ginobili, Jefferson and even Mcdyess)

A pass first PG who plays no defense would not make RJ stop being such a soft pussy on D.

Rogue
02-09-2010, 08:05 AM
at this point of time I don't think it's an issue of someone needing to go. Except for the salary Jefferson is doing fine with Spurs and could be quite an efficient guy playing off the bench, but now he's being used as a starter despite his unfitness for the system.

Spurs still hold the old components they used winning championships and I don't think the effects of age could be this significant, it's just a missing piece of defense that makes the Spurs look so weak IMHO. With BB past in history it's really not easy for Spurs to find a decent replacement that also voluntarily sacrifices his personal stats for team's goods. Shane Battier should be a great fit for Spurs and dude plays an identical type of game Bowen did. Battier and Hedo are the ones Spurs need to seek trades for IMHO, for the reasons of defense and offense respectively.

Battier has never missed the NBA playoffs as a professional player in any given year since his first, which dates back to his Memphis days as early as 04-05 season or some.

Rogue
02-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Honestly Battier is the biggest buoy if not the only one that keeps the Rockets afloat this season with 16 million dollars worth of salary wasted on an abandoned piece of shit. And i believe a transfer to Spurs would be something Battier himself welcomes, since the Rockets are struggling at the edge of playoffs pool and are likely to miss the playoffs for the first time since he joined them.

On behalf of Houston, if the Spurs offer them some decent future potentials and draft picks, it would as well make awesome sense for them to make such a deal rather than keep the 31 year old till 2011.

Rogue
02-09-2010, 08:27 AM
as to the Spurs, you get a younger version of Bruce Bowen without losing any prominent role. The negotiation might possible be stranded around Tony Blair or George Hill, whom the Rockets are likely to ask for but Spurs definitely won't be glad to lose. the likely deal executed would at least involve either Hill or Blair if not both. Even if it means the loss of both it would still be worth risking IMHO. Anyway I don't think Blair and Hill could be so nice on a rebuilding team as they currently are with Spurs.

Agloco
02-09-2010, 09:20 AM

Name me one team that wants to pay RJ the remainder of this year and 15 million next year with the way he's playing. Go ahead, I'm waiting. :rolleyes

Silly thread. He's not going anywhere. Deal with it.

silverblackfan
02-09-2010, 10:45 AM

That was painfully obvious in last nights game. It was like 4 Spurs and RJ out there. He was being froze out from getting the ball unless it was the last resort. The way he was clanking the shots, I could kind of see why.
Unless he has another level of effort to show this team, I think he would do better from the bench.