PDA

View Full Version : LOL Finley @ PF

ElNono
02-09-2010, 01:22 AM
Guarding Odom... Really Pop?

slayermin
02-09-2010, 01:43 AM
It looked like Pop threw that game. WTF? We needed this one. Keep Duncan and Parker out there. Fucking Finley?

I don't know what to say. Pop is still experimenting out there. I guess there is a chance we don't make the playoffs if he keeps this shit up.

Allanon
02-09-2010, 01:47 AM
I think Finley was on Odom in the WCF in 2008 too.

timtonymanu
02-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Dice was playing well out there

but Pop cant separate himself from his love Finley.

Watch in the offseason: Spurs resign Michael Finley to a five year deal.

SenorSpur
02-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Any lineup that Pop throws out there that includes Finley is at a severe disadvantage - regardless of opponent.

That goes to show you what Pop really thinks. In a game that the Spurs were destined to lose, he rolls out Finley at PF - rather than Blair.

objective
02-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Michael Finley and Small-Ball will get their own banner retirement ceremonies at the AT&T center before Bruce Bowen does.

spurtech09
02-09-2010, 01:56 AM
yep pop killing the team alright:(

ElNono
02-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Finley at PF didn't work for two seasons now... Finley at anything else has been mediocre for a long time now too... I really don't know what Pop is trying to prove, but enough already with the fucking corpse...

HarlemHeat37
02-09-2010, 01:59 AM
Finley was too slow to get to that loose ball when we were down 5 after scoring twice in a row and killed all momentum..that pretty much speaks volumes to me, not that I needed to see that to form an opinion..

The Spurs continue to field an old-ass team despite the big 3 getting older..

sabar
02-09-2010, 02:02 AM
I think Finley was on Odom in the WCF in 2008 too.

Indeed this thread is a couple years late. But it shows how things have come full circle since that fateful season. Everything ended in the 2008 playoffs.

nevitt_&_smrek
02-09-2010, 02:04 AM
Not sure why the Spurs have gone the small ball route in recent years. Maybe Pop's been hanging out with Nellie a bit too much?

objective
02-09-2010, 02:06 AM
If only you could combine Finley's toughness with Bonner's shot and RJ's athleticism . . . then at least the Spurs could have an average player.

Ditty
02-09-2010, 02:10 AM
i dont blame finley anymore this was just a stupid lineup from pop that wasn't going anywhere if pop didnt have his head up his ass

Sobe_Kucks
02-09-2010, 02:20 AM
Dice was playing well out there

but Pop cant separate himself from his love Finley.

Watch in the offseason: Spurs resign Michael Finley to a five year deal.

Although this made me LOL, I actually wouldn't b suprised if he got a multi-year deal.:depressed

SenorSpur
02-09-2010, 02:47 AM
Even though it's not Finley's fault, especially because he was out so long, as a fan I'm personally insulted seeing him on the roster, much less the court. He's a walking example of the Spurs championship window. It's over.

#2!
02-09-2010, 02:48 AM
I couldn't even stay seated when I saw that lineup. He had some really stupid ones during the entire fourth quarter of small ball rotations, but surely enough Pop saved the best one for last. Fucking finley has been on the floor in the last minute of both the previous two games.

(Not that Jefferson gave Pop much reason to play him, but I'll save it for another thread.)

My second favorite rotational sequence was when bogans got to play for like 30 seconds of the fourth quarter, and it taking 2 more substitutions than it should have to get manu and george on the court together w/ tim and tony in the fourth.

timvp
02-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Finley was the only playing going balls to the wall. Can't hate on him after this game. Pop putting his toughest player at power forward wasn't a horrible idea ........ compared to his other decisions, at least.

J_Paco
02-09-2010, 02:52 AM
Finley was too slow to get to that loose ball when we were down 5 after scoring twice in a row and killed all momentum..that pretty much speaks volumes to me, not that I needed to see that to form an opinion..

The Spurs continue to field an old-ass team despite the big 3 getting older..

Worse than that was seeing the ball roll right in front of Dickhead Jefferson, he doesn't even attempt a play for the ball, and it rolls right to a fucking Laker. This guy's effort was fucking beyond pathetic.

Finley was the only playing going balls to the wall. Can't hate on him after this game. Pop putting his toughest player at power forward wasn't a horrible idea ........ compared to his other decisions, at least.

It's sad that our toughest players are a 37-year old has-been and a rookie 6'7'' power forward. :lmao:lmao:depressed

DAF86
02-09-2010, 02:59 AM

I can't tell if you're serious or not, but if you are: what about McDyess? he was playing harder (and well I might add) than anyone, yet he only played like 6 minutes in the second half.

SenorSpur
02-09-2010, 03:01 AM
Doesn't matter. It's all meaningless - just like rearranging chairs on the Titanic.

z0sa
02-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Remember Odom's block on RJ

neboat
02-09-2010, 03:07 AM
I can't tell if you're serious or not, but if you are: what about McDyess? he was playing harder (and well I might add) than anyone, yet he only played like 6 minutes in the second half.

You are right...McDyess was playing with a lot of energy, grabbing offensive boards...and we don't even see him at all in the 2nd half...wtf is going on POP?

Dice
02-09-2010, 09:18 AM
You are right...McDyess was playing with a lot of energy, grabbing offensive boards...and we don't even see him at all in the 2nd half...wtf is going on POP?

12 rebounds in 18 minutes and did a pretty good job on defense.

6 offensive rebounds and scored on put backs. How do you not keep what seemed to be a advantage out on the floor and put in a guy who had 0 points, 1 rebound, and 1 assist?

ElNono
02-09-2010, 09:25 AM
If we're going to play guys way over the hill at PF then I'd like to see Ratliff. At least he can jump and is tall. But I agree that Dice was playing well, too.

I said it when the season started: We need to move Finley because Pop will go back to him. People then (hello TPark) said Pop would have him at the end of the bench by now, and surprise surprise, here we are. 15 minutes for this guy that's robbing time for the Hairstons and Masons of the world.

I can't fault Mike. I'm sure he tries. This is not about him, it's about Pop.

SpurNation
02-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Perhaps loosing on purpose is the goal. I couldn't understand why. But it appears to be the goal at this time by some of the decisions I've seen in player rotations.

41times
02-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Michael Finley is Still in the League?!?!:lmao

ElNono
02-09-2010, 11:18 AM
What's going to be cold for Spurs fans is when Cuban retires Michael's jersey at the AA Center... It will really make you wonder if his mission is indeed accomplished...

:pctoss