PDA

View Full Version : Stop Giving Pop Credit For 4 Rings

Mr.Robinson
02-09-2010, 01:23 AM
He had prime Timmy. Where is this great coach for the past 3 seasons? Dude is a joke now.

Budkin
02-09-2010, 01:26 AM
It's time for Pop to go. Seriously. He doesn't even look like he fucking cares.

nevitt_&_smrek
02-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Just relax, and try to not to take these games too seriously. He's the same guy he was before. Your team is a bit older and don't have quite as many good defenders.

Man In Black
02-09-2010, 01:28 AM
I disagree. The guy cares, it seems that some of his players don't care as much as he does.

I'm looking at you Richard Jefferson, Keith Bogans, Michael Finley, Roger Mason Jr., & Matt Bonner.

SequSpur
02-09-2010, 01:30 AM
I disagree. The guy cares, it seems that some of his players don't care as much as he does.

I'm looking at you Richard Jefferson, Keith Bogans, Michael Finley, Roger Mason Jr., & Matt Bonner.

whatever..quit sucking his dick..the proof is in the pudding...watch a fucking game Todd...

come on man...

call a spade a spade...

its okay to say the players suck..but he is the one that keeps playing the players that suck...

WTF?

Quiet Strength
02-09-2010, 01:32 AM
its okay to say the players suck..but he is the one that keeps playing the players that suck...

Exactly!

Man In Black
02-09-2010, 01:34 AM
whatever..quit sucking his dick..the proof is in the pudding...watch a fucking game Todd...

come on man...

call a spade a spade...

WTF?

I'm calling a spade a spade like I call you a midget a midget. While I agree that Pop put out a horrendous lineup, I point out that that lineup had gotten the deficit down to 6 a few times but then, lack of rebounding killed.
Do you hear me know midget Kevin?

scottspurs
02-09-2010, 01:34 AM
And who do you Pop haters think should replace him?

timtonymanu
02-09-2010, 01:36 AM
Another moron

You sound like you really believed RJ would have worked in this system.
Does defense mean anything to you?

The players can't play D and the coach doesn't know anything else.

It's that simple. This team sucks at D, the coach sucks and you're a moron. Jot that down.

again says the moron who thought haislip was the next rasheed wallace.

SequSpur
02-09-2010, 01:36 AM
I'm calling a spade a spade like I call you a midget a midget. While I agree that Pop put out a horrendous lineup, I point out that that lineup had gotten the deficit down to 6 a few times but then, lack of rebounding killed.
Do you hear me know midget Kevin?

fuck off Todd Tango...I don't like you now and didn't like you when you sucked Dusty's cock back then...come to San Antonio and I will show you my midget foot up your jap ass.

:toast

jaffies
02-09-2010, 01:38 AM
And who do you Pop haters think should replace him?

I'd take anything....

anyone....

maybe this guy:

http://thatwoman.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/tommy-st-rtr-usa-the_who.jpg

Man In Black
02-09-2010, 01:41 AM
Another moron

You sound like you really believed RJ would have worked in this system.
Does defense mean anything to you?

The players can't play D and the coach doesn't know anything else.

It's that simple. This team sucks at D, the coach sucks and you're a moron. Jot that down.

I say bring it Pop haters. I'll fuck you all up with straight hoops talk fuckin' morons. If you're going to play the lose Pop card, give us someone who can take his place, that Tim will play for, that can coach this team this late in the game.

Don't just give us this weak ass fire Pop. There's a whole bunch of fuckin layers YOU MORONS don't even touch.

spurtech09
02-09-2010, 01:43 AM
pop you have bigmen.....use them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SequSpur
02-09-2010, 01:44 AM
I say bring it Pop haters. I'll fuck you all up with straight hoops talk fuckin' morons. If you're going to play the lose Pop card, give us someone who can take his place, that Tim will play for, that can coach this team this late in the game.

Don't just give us this weak ass fire Pop. There's a whole bunch of fuckin layers YOU MORONS don't even touch.

Wahhhhh....another who can replace the almighty Pop talk... name a name..blah blah blah....

I will name a name...

Avery Johnson.

Yeah, I said it....

scottspurs
02-09-2010, 01:46 AM
I'd take anything....

anyone....

maybe this guy:

http://thatwoman.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/tommy-st-rtr-usa-the_who.jpg

Surely we would be a great team again if he was the spurs coach.

Really until someone comes up with something better I don't want to here it from you Pop haters. He is the best possible coach for this team.

scottspurs
02-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Wahhhhh....another who can replace the almighty Pop talk... name a name..blah blah blah....

I will name a name...

Avery Johnson.

Yeah, I said it....

And who taught Avery Johnson?

Killakobe81
02-09-2010, 01:48 AM
Just relax, and try to not to take these games too seriously. He's the same guy he was before. Your team is a bit older and don't have quite as many good defenders.

agree Pop didnt forget to coach team swung and missed on RJ ...
Dice has been solid NOT great...

jaffies
02-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Surely we would be a great team again if he was the spurs coach.

Really until someone comes up with something better I don't want to here it from you Pop haters. He is the best possible coach for this team.

It was a joke, dude.

I'd take Avery.

Duncan2177
02-09-2010, 01:52 AM

It starts with the coach first not the players. Maybe if Pop stoped playing the small ball shit and played with what got us 4 championships the spurs wouldnt be in this mess.

SequSpur
02-09-2010, 01:57 AM

that's not the point...

Man In Black
02-09-2010, 02:02 AM
fuck off Todd Tango...I don't like you now and didn't like you when you sucked Dusty's cock back then...come to San Antonio and I will show you my midget foot up your jap ass.

:toast

That would take both of your midget feet to equal a foot and even then, I'd block that shit and choke you out. :lmao

You talk a lot of dick sucking, it sounds like you're real good at it.
Just because I don't ever agree with the shit you spout doesn't make me a cock sucker. It means that I ain't reactionary. I understand why you get so hostile, with your littlebigman complex...fine. But really Kevie...I don't give a fuck if you don't like what I say. Stand on a stool and hear me sometimes...you might learn something.

Spurologist
02-09-2010, 02:03 AM

The difference is Avery actually has a coaching spine to makes decisions that lead to winning...like not playing a 4 guard system

scottspurs
02-09-2010, 02:03 AM
that's not the point...

Then what is the point? What would Avery do that Pop isn't?

I'm not saying I don't think Avery is a great coach, I just don't think he is any better than Pop. I think Pop is trying his best to get this team going in the right direction. I think we need to have a little patience and see how things play out. There is still a lot of games left in the season and I believe there is still time to fix this.

SequSpur
02-09-2010, 02:05 AM
That would take both of your midget feet to equal a foot and even then, I'd block that shit and choke you out. :lmao

You talk a lot of dick sucking, it sounds like you're real good at it.
Just because I don't ever agree with the shit you spout doesn't make me a cock sucker. It means that I ain't reactionary. I understand why you get so hostile, with your littlebigman complex...fine. But really Kevie...I don't give a fuck if you don't like what I say. Stand on a stool and hear me sometimes...you might learn something.

:lol:lol:lol

:lmao

scottspurs
02-09-2010, 02:05 AM
The difference is Avery actually has a coaching spine to makes decisions that lead to winning...like not playing a 4 guard system

So your saying Avery would never play small ball?

SequSpur
02-09-2010, 02:06 AM
Then what is the point? What would Avery do that Pop isn't?

I'm not saying I don't think Avery is a great coach, I just don't think he is any better than Pop. I think Pop is trying his best to get this team going in the right direction. I think we need to have a little patience and see how things play out. There is still a lot of games left in the season and I believe there is still time to fix this.

I'll tell you what...there are 100s of posts on this front page...with one revolving theme...why don't you surf them and get back to me on the revolving theme...

Man In Black
02-09-2010, 02:06 AM
Duality theory sequ. Someone has to be good and someone has to be bad. There is no middle ground.

SequSpur
02-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Duality theory sequ. Someone has to be good and someone has to be bad. There is no middle ground.

you know..I would like to get away from the Todd vs. Kevin strategy..believe in this..... there is no complex here....

you however still fall in the Dusty Klan complex from your days long ago...Obviously you don't know me and if you had the balls to come over here and call me a midget..you probably would leave with your head up your ass...but I will refrain...because you are not to blame...you are only as good as your leader...it's sad what you have become....your basketball knowledge is superior to those who park up front at walmart...that's good..you deserve it...but I don't give a shit...I post here...I enjoy...and have met many friends here....you can't put a dent in that...so keep on sucking that Pop dick like you always have.. It might get you somewhere...

midnightpulp
02-09-2010, 02:17 AM
Pop deserves all the credit in the world for those titles. He wasn't a moron infatuated with small ball in those days. Those teams were built perfectly for the post-season.

Always had two 7 footers patrolling the paint: Duncan/D-Rob/ Duncan/Rasho. Duncan/Nazr, etc. And there was always a 7 foot banger ready to come off the bench and get physical.

Great perimeter and help D. Remember how the Spurs perimeter D used to funnel wing players into the shot-blockers? If you wanted a layup, it was going to have to come from the baseline, which is the most awkward place in the paint to finish. Now, they just let guys waltz in the lane. Part of the reason is the constant small ball lineups and the other part is that this team has lazy perimeter defenders.

Duncan ate first. Great post-play is the most valuable offense weapon a team can have in the playoffs. Of course Duncan isn't the same player he once was, but he's still arguably the best offensive post-player in the league. Perimeter players used to work off Duncan in the post, now everything involving Duncan seems to be pick and pop plays.

Think about the Lakers are built and think about how the Spurs used to be built. Nearly mirror images of each other. Gasol/Bynum=Duncan/Robinson. Ariza/Artest=Bowen. Kobe= Manu/Parker.

Great inside scoring and defense. Great perimeter scoring and defense.

Budkin
02-09-2010, 02:20 AM
Pop has run his course here... it's time...

Baseline
02-09-2010, 02:23 AM
Isn't it obvious? They tuned Pop out a long time ago. And why shouldn't they? He's not doing anything to put them in a position to succeed.

RJ has been catatonic since the end of the first ten games.

Tim has to be losing his mind trying to defend the paint by himself for what, two years now?

Meanwhile, the corpse of Michael Finley still gets quality minutes.

I'm really glad I don't have to hear what opposing teams say about our lineups after games when they've smoked us. The Lakers were laughing at us all night. Yet Pop continued to throw Tim out there by himself like roadkill. And he did the same thing with Blair.

Was throwing Blair against Pau supposed to do wonders for Blair's confidence?

Why not give Ian Mahinmi a shot? Could he have made us any worse tonight? Seriously - at this point, what do the Spurs have to lose by playing Ian Mahinmi?

vander
02-09-2010, 02:27 AM
don't worry OP, there are plenty here that don't give Pop any credit, TD was good for 4 rings at least no matter the coach.

what are the chances that he gets shown the door after this year though? I think sadly they they are very slim

midnightpulp
02-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Isn't it obvious? They tuned Pop out a long time ago. And why shouldn't they? He's not doing anything to put them in a position to succeed.

RJ has been catatonic since the end of the first ten games.

Tim has to be losing his mind trying to defend the paint by himself for what, two years now?

Meanwhile, the corpse of Michael Finley still gets quality minutes.

I'm really glad I don't have to hear what opposing teams say about our lineups after games when they've smoked us. The Lakers were laughing at us all night. Yet Pop continued to throw Tim out there by himself like roadkill. And he did the same thing with Blair.

Was throwing Blair against Pau supposed to do wonders for Blair's confidence?

Why not give Ian Mahinmi a shot? Could he have made us any worse tonight? Seriously - at this point, what do the Spurs have to lose by playing Ian Mahinmi?

Boggles my mind. You telling me Ian couldn't become a Chris Andersen type player?

This team desperately needs an athlete around the basket. Who gives a shit if he's raw or fundamentally weak. It's worked for Marcus Camby all these years and it's working for the Birdman, who always seems to give Gasol and Bynum fits with his energy and aggression.

Have no idea why Pop is being so stubborn. The way championship teams are built isn't rocket-science. Historically, they've all been pretty damn similar. You want a solid low-post threat. We have that. Perimeter scoring. We have that. A strong perimeter defender. Don't have it. Shotblocking and size in the paint. Don't have it (or refuse to play it by ignoring Ian and Ratliff).

Lakers. Cavs. Nuggets. Have all that.

Bukefal
02-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Man, Pop is still the best. Of course he does strange things sometimes, but it isnt all about the coach you know. The problem lies more with the players. You all scream to fire pop and stuff.But if Pop is leaving, then the real problems are going to hit us. Im worried about that.

And yes, he deserves still the same credit.

Brazil
02-09-2010, 07:06 AM
what a stupid thread.