PDA

View Full Version : The Next Head Coach: My Vote is for Jeff Van Gundy

newacc
02-09-2010, 01:49 AM
With tonight's loss especially damning for one Gregg Popovich, it's time to start looking forward. The calling card for one "EricB" is to ask for a coach in line so I'm throwing my hat in the ring.

My choice is Jeff Van Gundy. He's got a good defensive mindset and applies common sense to his coaching. Good personality and has posted winning records with some middle of the road talent teams. Crowning moment was taking the 99 Knicks to the finals.

scottspurs
02-09-2010, 01:50 AM
Give me a break

tdunk21
02-09-2010, 01:52 AM
pop is a million times better than JVG

mexicanjunior
Avery...I'd even take PJ.

DAF86
Give me a break

I hope Pop would give us a break by seeing what every other person on the world sees.

Hemotivo
02-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Carlesimo

SouthTexasRancher
02-09-2010, 01:53 AM
With tonight's loss especially damning for one Gregg Popovich, it's time to start looking forward. The calling card for one "EricB" is to ask for a coach in line so I'm throwing my hat in the ring.

My choice is Jeff Van Gundy. He's got a good defensive mindset and applies common sense to his coaching. Good personality and has posted winning records with some middle of the road talent teams. Crowning moment was taking the 99 Knicks to the finals.

Hell, Tiny Tim would be a better choice than Jeff Van Gundy and he is deader than dirt.

arodz
02-09-2010, 01:54 AM
My choice is Jeff Van Gundy. He's got a good defensive mindset and applies common sense to his coaching. Good personality and has posted winning records with some middle of the road talent teams.

ESPN is that you? I'm sorry, but we're not hiring right now. But I hear the Clippers are looking for another mediocare, never won jack shit coach.

slick'81
02-09-2010, 01:55 AM
i though mike bud was the coach in waiting :wow

SequSpur
02-09-2010, 01:56 AM
I think Pop has 3 or 4 years left on his deal...correct? That is a factor...Spurs aren't going to pay...unless he steps down as coach and stays on as gm or something..

Stringer_Bell
02-09-2010, 01:56 AM
I thought Avery was gonna be the next coach, even before talk of Pop being removed started?

admiralsnackbar
02-09-2010, 01:57 AM

That defensive mindset got him an impressive winning percentage in spite of having some of the best talent in the league /sarcasm.

newacc
Avery would be pretty cool although it remains to be seen if the Spurs would react will to his military style leadership.

PJ - PJ is a pretty close apple from the Pop tree. I don't think he makes the Spurs better.

xellos88330
PJ all the way.

2nd is Avery.